It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Guest: Would A White President Get Heckled?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Of course it was disrespectful. What do you think the point of throwing shoes at people is for? NONE OF THIS is done with respect.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

I never understood why people get so up in arms about that. If you ain't got a really dark skin tone, or are albino, in the USA, you're not all black in the first place. There's a reason why the term 'mulatto' is used.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Sorry, In good paranoid form, I cannot flag or star any comments in this thread. You honkey racists are going on some list I don't want to be a part of.
Oh wait, I said honky and I'm white. Was that reverse racism?

Am I on a list anyways now?

We're doomed.

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
... always with the race card.

That's MSNBC for you! Seriously .. I dont know how anyone can watch that crap.
They are soooooo very far left wing .. and the bull they spew out ... and they are
ALWAYS pulling the race card .... not to mention the 'talent' there - like Mika

and Chris Matthews and the Kieth Olbermann types).

Who the heck watches this garbage?
It's worse than the supermarket tabloids as far as getting accurate info.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel
reply to post by LDragonFire

Of course it was disrespectful. What do you think the point of throwing shoes at people is for? NONE OF THIS is done with respect.

King Obama has a very, very thin skin.

It's better if he just camps out on the golf course until November 7, 2012.

-----
That would give him time to work on his concession speech.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by neo96
... always with the race card.

That's MSNBC for you! Seriously .. I dont know how anyone can watch that crap.
They are soooooo very far left wing .. and the bull they spew out ... and they are
ALWAYS pulling the race card .... not to mention the 'talent' there - like Mika

and Chris Matthews and the Kieth Olbermann types).

Who the heck watches this garbage?
It's worse than the supermarket tabloids as far as getting accurate info.

They will probably use the same tactic when ObamaCare gets flushed down the

toilet June 29, 2012.

- The SCOTUS is racist.-

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
The new liberal talking point -
"It was incredibly disrespectful, unprofessional and just flat out rude"

Old conservative talking point.
Call anyone who doesn't think like you do a "liberal"

edit on 16-6-2012 by xEphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
The ultra Left is really getting desperate.

Both left and right are always really desperate, this will always be the case. It is government in its simplest form.... desperate, paranoid, power-hungry, oppressive; especially over time.
edit on 16-6-2012 by six67seven because: Go Gary Johnson

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I have been critical of every president since JFK. Nobody called me a racist for it until Barak Obama became president.

IN ORDER TO PREVENT FASCISM, YOU MUST CRITICIZE YOUR LEADERS EVEN IF YOU FEEL THEY DO NOT DESERVE IT. THEY ARE NOT YOUR MASTERS. THEY ARE YOUR SERVANTS

Yeah go ahead and make something racist out of that. I know you want to. Deal that race card. It is just itching to come out of your sleeve.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

And you think that the more progressive don't do the same?

I'm a Christian Creationist, and a Conservative. What do you think people call me, when they hear those two things?
there's no way in hell, I'm a part of the same thing that's called "The Religious Right", "The Moral Majority", or even "Fundamentalist". Most those types would kick me out in a heartbeat.

People call names. Either you grow a thicker skin, or you're a crybaby that should live with mom, so she can protect you, and you don't have to hear of others being called bad things. It's not going to end, nor is 1 side doing it all. Simple as that.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by xEphon

Originally posted by Thunderheart
The new liberal talking point -
"It was incredibly disrespectful, unprofessional and just flat out rude"

Old conservative talking point.
Call anyone who doesn't think like you do a "liberal"

edit on 16-6-2012 by xEphon because: (no reason given)

The new partisan talking point -

It is much easier to sling mud and name call that focus on actual issues and solve them.

Our news channels focus on this garbage instead actually being journalists. This type of behavior allows our elected officials to make horrible decisions and not be held accountable because we are worried about who said what and are they rude or racist... and we just eat up this crap.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Thunderheart

I'm not liberal. It was unprofessional, disrespectful, and rude. If you think otherwise then I guess you probably have a hard time keeping a job.

A lot of Americans are having a hard time with jobs right now. President Obama just made it worse for us.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
obama should be not only heckled, but also shouted down, every time he attempts to spew more garbage rhetoric (which is everything he has to say, about anything). go hecklers!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
All I can is, that I am over 60, raised in Big Creek, Miss by generations of Irish/English southern Baptists and or Methodists. No, that would NEVER have happened to a white man President. I saw Sam Donaldson do this to Reagan in the Rose Garden, but the pres had finished and walked away from the podium.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
And hey, this is NOTHING like what was done to Herod. Herod sat down to make his decree, and the whole crowd was chanting "the voice of God, not of a Man!" THEN God gets in on the permanent heckle.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
just another lame claim trying to use the Race Card.

Guess what..... it ain't working anymore, it's become a blanket statement used by those with little or no actual value in their argument, if they have no substance, throw in the race card. Call them xenophobic, try to tarnish them. well guess what It's lost its usefullness. And I don't mind being called racist, in fact it is probably a compliment of sorts, at least I have eyes to see and discern, There will be no political correctness here, only 'Correctness' and if some color of a person dislikes it, too bad, there are certain things moral people will not tolerate. And there are reasons why some nations are uncivilized and crumbling.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Reagan wasn't president there, and Bush didn't have a shoe thrown at him by an American citizen.

I am not saying that is is racism that motivates people to disrespect Obama (more likely it's him being a #ty president), but It had to be pointed out that you didn't really make a point with those two examples and I would like to see some better/real ones.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Hrm. Has Obama had an assassination attempt? Not mild enough to merely be insulting?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
how the heck did this double post?
edit on 16-6-2012 by CynicalDrivel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
What can I say, other than state the obvious? Obama is not the first president to be heckled. Lots of presidents have and all of them were white...So yes, a White president would and has been heckled.

White presidents have even been assassinated. That's never happened to a black president...Which is a great thing. I would not wish that upon anyone....

Anyway, we've had hecklers all through out the history of the US presidency and that will never change....

That guest did not do their research before asking the question...Now, they look kind of silly.
edit on 16-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join