MSNBC Guest: Would A White President Get Heckled?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

I'm not liberal. It was unprofessional, disrespectful, and rude. If you think otherwise then I guess you probably have a hard time keeping a job.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
heckling a potus goes back a loooooong way

unprecedented ?

umm no

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Personally, I'd like to see more reporters heckle the President and his successors.

Rather see that than have them covering up for them.

He was not talking about reporters. He was talking about members of the opposing parties telling POTUS to shut up during an official speech.

You should like, read the article.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Instead of lecturing others and demanding they pretend along with you that your confirmation bias is the truth as opposed to the actual truth, why don't you go back and read that article again, and see what Democratic strategist Julian Epstein was actually quoted as saying:

"This is just so unprecedented and outrageous, that you have to ask the question, would the right-wing president be doing this if we had a white president there?"

Epstein said far more than you're claiming he said:

"I think it's a vert important question because I think this is the first African-American president. We've never had a white president been told by the opposing party to shut up in the middle of a major address to the Congress. We've never had a president like this heckled so disrespectfully. We've never had this otherness afforded to any other president and I think the right wing has some explaining to do because to me it's patently obvious," he said.

In 1987, The New York Times wrote an analysis of journalists heckling President Regan:

Frustrated, reporters have become increasingly forceful - to some, ill-mannered - in efforts to pry information out of the White House. Whenever the President appears within shouting distance, he is now bombarded with high-decibel inquiries.

Although these shouting matches occasionally produce useful information, few reporters believe they are a good way of finding out what the President thinks. ''Progressively, during Reagan's two terms, it's gotten worse,'' said Sam Donaldson, White House reporter for ABC News. ''The reason we yell at Reagan in the Rose Garden is that's the only place we see him.''

Epstein is not the first sanctimonious journalist to claim that such heckling is "unprecedented":

TED KOPPEL (ABC host): When the president talked about the bankruptcy of Social Security, there were clearly some Democrats on the floor who thought that that was taking it too far. And they did something that, apparently, no one at this table has ever heard before. They booed.

~ABC, Nightline, 2/2/05; Koppel's panel consisted of former Bush adviser Mary Matalin, former Reagan chief of staff Ken Duberstein, and former Clinton speechwriter Michael Waldman~

JOHN ROBERTS (CBS White House correspondent): At a couple points in this address, it looked more like the British Parliament than the United States Congress. I've never heard the minority party shout at the president during the State of the Union address

~CBS, post-speech coverage, 2/2/05~

This article offers plenty of evidence to dispute your idea what is "true", which appears to be nothing more than highly partisan narrow minded sanctimony, just like Epstein.

edit on 15-6-2012 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Right.

He said:

We've never had a white president been told by the opposing party to shut up in the middle of a major address to the Congress. We've never had a president like this heckled so disrespectfully. We've never had this otherness afforded to any other president and I think the right wing has some explaining to do because to me it's patently obvious,

Emphasis mine, to point out an obvious point you miss.

To pretend that he is talking about any sort of heckling is absurd. He is quite obviously talking about the opposing party heckling the president 'like this', the 'like this', obviously, being the heckling by GOP members he is referring to in the preceding sentence.

To pretend that he is saying no other POTUS has been heckled, in any context, in any setting, is disingenuous, at best. It's election-season partisan hackery tat detracts from actual, substantial issues at worst
But if you want to wallow in the GOP talking points why they and Obama collude to mob the # out of most of the middle east without congressional authority, that's certainly your prerogative.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
MUNRO: Obama ignores questions about controversial de facto amnesty decision

Read more: dailycaller.com...

President Barack Obama declined to take any questions from reporters about his controversial and significant decision to offer a de facto amnesty to at least 800,000 foreigners aged 15 to 30.

The president turned and walked away from reporters at the end of an early afternoon address in the White House’s Rose Garden, even though two reporters called out questions about his decision.

The announcement of the decision comes at a time of record unemployment among low-skilled workers, Hispanics and African-Americans.

For example, less than 50 percent of younger African-Americans have full-time jobs, according to data provided by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Unemployment among Hispanics, youth and African-Americans rose in May, according to the BLS.

Obama justified his immigration decision by saying it is supported by business lobbies.

The president has often used this no-questions strategy when making important or poll-boosting announcements

The reporters selected to offer questions included established media outlets and Spanish-language outlets. The chosen outlets included the Los Angeles Times, CNN, National Journal, Univision, The New York Times and La Prensa.

The selected reporters did not ask about the controversial impact on American workers.

selected

This is the heckler's report on the news conference, apparently there were two hecklers, I hesitate to call them that.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Emphasis mine, to point out an obvious point you miss.

That point was not missed and is, in fact, why I called both you and Epstein sanctimonious, a point you obviously missed.

To pretend that he is talking about any sort of heckling is absurd. He is quite obviously talking about the opposing party heckling the president 'like this', the 'like this', obviously, being the heckling by GOP members he is referring to in the preceding sentence.

And clearly, and of course absurdly so, you couldn't be bothered to read the Media Matters article I linked that refutes your knee jerk claims.

Your pretense is all a part of your blind faith which obviously demands you refuse to see anything other than what agrees with your jerking knee.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
You are not allowed to actually question your Supreme Overlord as he hands down his edicts. Congress be damned people, on your knees and STFU or we will dispatch a drone to silence you.

So no one thinks that perhaps questions should be asked regarding this issue? Instead we mold it into asking the POTUS questions is some sort of racist maneuver?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The guy is not a heckler, he's a reporter, they ask questions... The reporter simply thought he get his question in first.
Sam Donaldson used to do it all the time before closing remarks, no different here. Nothing new from Obama, he usually avoids questions when making controversial announcements...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by xEphon
This wasn't some Joe in the audience of a college stadium.
It was a reporter at the Rose Garden during an address without a Q&A

I won't say it's racially motivated; however, it was totally unprofessional and flat out rude.
And then for his company The Daily Caller to commend him for this...well...you have to question where the base of that disrespect comes from. You can dislike a President's policies all you want, but this was disrespectful and unprofessional on a whole other level.
edit on 15-6-2012 by xEphon because: (no reason given)

The fact that 95% of the press is in the pocket of politics and just print what they are told asking pre submitted questions as to not catch him off guard is not a problem

The media at one point kept the government somewhat in check now they are just mouth pieces for the most part , I believe in respect and most certainly for that office but Obama has no respect fr this country or it's constitution so therefore he has zero respect for you . They are all dogs and would use the citizens as bullet proof sets if they could get away with it .

The sad thing is they play the race card to further conquer and divide and most people will buy into it .

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

All politicians get heckled.

Hell, some even get glitter thrown on em.

Didn't some dude chuck a shoe at Dubya too?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Originally posted by butcherguy
Personally, I'd like to see more reporters heckle the President and his successors.

Rather see that than have them covering up for them.

He was not talking about reporters. He was talking about members of the opposing parties telling POTUS to shut up during an official speech.

You should like, read the article.

I did " like " read the article. It was a total of two paragraphs long. Some article.

Maybe if you took the time to inform yourself about the article and the video that accompanied it (and read this thread), you would understand the background behind it and understand what I am referencing with regard to reporters.
edit on 15-6-2012 by butcherguy because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Would A White President Get Heckled?

I hope we get an chance to find out after the election

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surfrat
Would A White President Get Heckled?

I hope we get an chance to find out after the election

We find out either way. Obama is half white.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I think they were talking about the infamous "you lie" comment by a sitting Representative Joe Willson. There's free speech and there's being a total ass.

Now when the average American heckles a president, all is right with the world. It's part of the job. But no other president in history has had the amount of total disrespect that was shown by the Republican party during that speech.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

But no other president in history has had the amount of total disrespect that was shown by the Republican party during that speech.

Sure, and in 2005 during his State of the Union Address, this was nothing but respect paid to President Bush by the Democratic Congress:

I didn't care the numerous times that Bush was booed, and I don't care that Obama has been heckled. These are politicians and you can count on this type of nonsense. What I do care about is that in a site that prides itself on denying ignorance, so many ignoramuses abound.

If you are going to pick a politician to admire, it is best you develop some thick skin, and more importantly it is best you choose a politician with thick skin as well, because this kind of crap is going to happen and has been happening since the founding of this nation.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I would absolutely love to see the guy from Happy Gilmore come out during one of his speeches..."you will not get reelected...you jack ass"

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
WHITE, BLACK, BLUE, RED, PURPLE, YELLOW, GREEN ..

Whateva the color of your skin is ...You get heckled if you dont do a good job
especially if millions of your citizens are counting on you
to be fair and not waste the money for nothing in stupid wars
edit on 6/16/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
MSNBC Guest: Would A White President Get Heckled?

"This is just so unprecedented and outrageous, that you have to ask the question, would the right-wing president be doing this if we had a white president there?" MSNBC guest and Democratic strategist Julian Epstein said on the channel this afternoon.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Unprecidented?

President's have been mocked and heckled for decades especially Bush getting booed at the inauguration of Obama, and then we can go back even further.

Oh yeah Obama ever had a shoe thrown at him?

What bout Carney getting a black eye?

SO Yes a White president gets heckled just like anyone else, and always with the race card.

The whiner baby in chief King Obama looked very desperate and foolish during

his amnesty press briefing.

He gets thrown a hardball question by Daily Caller reporter Neil Munro and throws

a hissy fit.

-------
MSNBC was quick to respond - we need to call this daily caller guy a racist -.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

All politicians get heckled.

Hell, some even get glitter thrown on em.

Didn't some dude chuck a shoe at Dubya too?

The whiner babies at MSNBC are playing the race card.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join