It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could mainland U.S. be invaded by a conventional military?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

Originally posted by Germanicus
The United States will be nuked.

As much as your posts show this to be a sick fantasy of yours - not gonna happen.

It will be like what happened at the end of WW2 in Japan and Germany. Americans will be glad to see them.

LOL dream on. They would meet deadly resistance across the country.

Yes, I have a fantasy that involves the United States being nuked. Get real.

I am worried about the United States. Many of you seem deluded. In my opinion, China and Russia and friends will destroy the United States in WW3. I think the United States should avoid it at all costs. Even if that means standing down and giving up the Reserve Currency. It will happen one way or another.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I got an easy way to make sure an invasion never ever leaves the shores of the US. Blow up the major highway interpasses. No more invasion. Where are they going to go? Nowhere. then they will be cut off, hungry and would make great target practice for guys like me sitting in the hills with a scoped rifle.

Think about it. how alien would a city like los angeles be to navigate to a chinese soldier. Especially since chinese soldiers have no experience, are alien to the western world by and large, and would be bewildered, especially with crappy weapons and no logistical support. Hey at least they'll eat good when they take over the local In-N-Out Burger! We hold the high ground with any physical invasion here. It would be beyond stupid to try. Same reason why we don't invade China or Russia.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Could not agree with you more.

What was it General Yomamoto said after Pearl Harbor?

"I fear we have awakened a sleeping giant"?

Imagine Iraq --- on steroids!!

I would truly feel sorry for the foot soldiers of an invading force.

Not enough to stop killing them, but sorry non the less.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

There are google maps, aerial photos, google street view of LA readily available. There are chinese people in LA already. There is equipment to make mobile bridges on the fly. The chinese make our equipment, LOL! Plus, they are plenty smart enough to adapt once they get here.

Plus, in California, there are not a bunch of rednecks like us on the hilltops. The Metrosexuals in LA couldn't fire a gun without messing up their manicures.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

It is very rural where I live, but if I were in a large city -- L.A. or N.Y. -- I would not want a gun !

Just point me to the nearest drug and hardware stores. That is where they keep "the good stuff" for fighting an urban war.

If any one does not know what I mean, I suggest you get educated.
edit on 15-6-2012 by hdutton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

You have a fantasy...and that's all it will ever be. Go ahead and try to invade a country with a defense budget over $800 billion dollars. That's more $ than most countries spend on their federal budgets. Besides, we owe China too much money and they hold too much of our debt. Politically and economically, it would be naive and stupid to try to destroy us. Its demonstrates a knowledge deficit on anyone's part who would believe otherwise.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

You're incorrect.
Someone might be dumb enough to try.
Just before they were blasted into the next life.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
first off, the entire US and its possessions is one big military installation. its people are all soldiers. oddly enough, Americans lament the fact that if they want to fight in a war they have to go overseas because no leader in the world would be dumb enough to move an Army within our borders.

not even the Soviet Union seriously contemplated an invasion...they settled for a friendship with Castro.

this is the only way, I could see a conventional army buying enough time to invade:

they would have to gather together all their voluptuous and sensual women and send them over here first.

they could find a way to take our fighting men's minds off fighting people.

if they don't like us, perhaps they'll poison all of our food and drinks in a coordinated fashion and then, maybe, a conventional force could invade and survive for more than a couple of minutes.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynic

People are missing an obvious stragidy here. A cyber attack on US Military Computers would make defences pretty inadequote. Remember Garry McKinnon?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Hell, attacking the national power grid would be easier and more effective than any military targets initially. But you don't need computers or power grids to fight a conventional soldier versus soldier fight. Look, aim, & shoot! lol

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

i don't think so...that plan sounds about as effective as hiding a man's shoes or his car keys and thinking that somehow that would slow him down enough to make a move.

but it does reveal that no one is under any delusion to think it would be smart to invade the US.

its ambitious in the extreme. not realistic at all.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

not even the Soviet Union seriously contemplated an invasion.

They contemplated it. They even ran through many scenarios, and their military leaders felt they could defeat our military in a matter of weeks. Every scenario they ran had them winning, but they felt they could never rule over the people and it would be an extended guerrilla warfare that made the invasion scenario not worthwhile. They were not intimidated by our military. These days the population is a lot more passive, or even susceptible to letting the Russians "help" with a revolution. I believe if the USSR were in its prime, they would be licking their chops to get involved in the US right now! So much domestic unrest, weak leadership, and volatile economy. They would LOVE it!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911

Hell, attacking the national power grid would be easier and more effective than any military targets initially. But you don't need computers or power grids to fight a conventional soldier versus soldier fight. Look, aim, & shoot! lol

All electronic communications down. Short wave radio jammed. Who tells the troops where to go? Carrier pigeon maybe?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by voodoo
It's not possible.

Famous last words. . .

Many ATS'ers are thinking WW2 methodology. Thats old school.

What would take:

- less people
- less bullets,
- less airplanes,
- less strategy/maneuverability,
- less caualities for the invading side
- less infrastructure damage. . . ?

Cyber attack + Biological (think H1N1 or worst) = Checkmate

Silent, quick & relieves alot of the resistance. . . imo.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Besides, we owe China too much money and they hold too much of our debt. Politically and economically, it would be naive and stupid to try to destroy us. Its demonstrates a knowledge deficit on anyone's part who would believe otherwise.

You do not understand the significance of the Reserve Status.

It is you that has the knowledge deficit. You are in the red.

The world does not need the United States as much as you would like to think it does. In reality you are ripping us all off because you hold the Reserve and you cant manage your economy. You have no right to the Reserve. You are a bloated land of tullips that produces little of value. You just move numbers. All you are is a military and consumers spending an inflated dollar.

Last time the Reserve changed was WW2. Sterling to US Dollar. That is the prize.

Your debt will mean nothing. A destroyed and collapsed United States offers far more gain than waiting forever for you guys to fix your economy. It is too late to fix the United States anyway. The only options are standing down and giving up the Reserve, or destruction. China and Russia have many friends. They will win.
edit on 15-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

I think Monsanto started food poisoning when they began the great chemistry into our food deal,but they are stepping up the domination with GMOs.They racked up a strong body count in India.as a social result of their efforts.
I do agree a conventional attack would.A nuclear strike that didn't kill most of us is a bad idea too.We don't have a fear/run mentallity. We have a reflexive hit back,as an example if you slap some one from europe they would predominantly want to ask you why you had done so.Americans will usually reflexively strike you back faster than people from most other countries.
In Viet Nam they mutilated our dead to demoralize and frighten us.Our troops just did the same.America learned in that war to adapt to such tactics and scare them back by showing up where they would least expect us.It would be the same here.

link   

most of your posts have to do with your hatred for america, yet you sure spend a lot of your time talking about us and what you wish for.

I am worried about the United States. Many of you seem deluded. In my opinion, China and Russia and friends will destroy the United States in WW3. I think the United States should avoid it at all costs. Even if that means standing down and giving up the Reserve Currency. It will happen one way or another.

get real
edit on 6/15/12 by voodoo because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

yeah...but the Soviet Union collapsed into a huge mess and we're still here.

licking their chops? people have a bad habit of biting off more than they can chew it seems....eyes bigger than there stomachs and all of that.

as far as the population, I only suspect that you haven't really gotten into the real America. they are plenty robust and if a real opportunity to have to defend the country, from what I can only assume would be an army of retards from a foreign land, ever emerged one thing about them the invaders would be able to say to themselves before being completely overrun from all their positions is:

'this place is nothing like the middle east."

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The United States has only been invaded once in our history since we became the United States. Our territories have not been invaded since WW2. I can think of no reason a country would want to risk everything by invading us.
Wars are fought for three reasons, 1. Land, 2. Religion and 3. Money/resources.

Old USAF Commando.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by voodoo

most of your posts have to do with your hatred for america, yet you sure spend a lot of your time talking about us and what you wish for.

I noticed that as well.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join