It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti America / British hate

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I'm baffled but I'm seeing some members trolling hard about how usa or britain sucks.
Complaining about imperialism.
And touting BRIC's nations. (Brazil, Iran, China)

It's getting a little out of hand.

Anyone else seeing this?

Can the board mods check to see if some of the members posting are coming from the same ip address?
The rhetoric is starting to sound like a broken record. And I'm wondering if it's the same person posting as different people.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Can the board mods check to see if some of the members posting are coming from the same ip address?

You are correct in portraying the forums in that light, but why get bummed about them..? Isn't that giving them a little too much power..?

Just view them as a reminder of what you don't want to be...and occasionally flame the hell out of them - it's cheap therapy, and rather easy.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

yep, it seems to be everywhere, i started a thread about the queens jubilee and for the most part it turned into a slanging match between uk and usa.

you'd think at a time like this when the world is in such a state that everyone would be sticking together regardless of what country they are from, we are all human, the more we argue the more tptb enjoy it...

together we stand, divided we fall

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Without going into specifics, now might be a good time to remind members:

**ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW

Also, please do alert staff when you see these posts and threads. Members are our extra eyes....and even if the alert is not acted on immediately, it will be discussed and actioned as soon as possible.

Contacting Staff: Alerts, Suggestions, Complaints

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Ok. will do.
After that one post on ATS about the guy being paid to post certain viewpoints.
I'm a little suspicious.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
We Brits love to trash the UK. It's our favourite pastime.

Please don't spoil the fun.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Tykonos

Strong opinions are fine. Disagreeing is okay.
But, it must be done with civility.
It would be pretty boring around her is we all had the same viewpoint....

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
If anyone can take criticism, it be the Brits.
With their lovely climate and constant whining .
As for the Americans ,well thats another story. God bless you all and apple pies all round.
for the complainers .Harden the [snip]up

edit on 14-6-2012 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
that would knock out 4 of the bashmobile five out.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I think it's kind of funny. I don't think anyone really means it, especially when it's between the Americans and those Brits.

There's a funny Rant thread in the off-topic forum.

Read it.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
I'm baffled but I'm seeing some members trolling hard about how usa or britain sucks.

Anyone else seeing this?

The rhetoric is starting to sound like a broken record. And I'm wondering if it's the same person posting as different people.

Im convinced that this is going on in ATS on a big scale. I've said so in a couple of threads.
But what can they do if there using a proxy? writing styles maybe similar but its not enough proof

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Just the latest rounds of the trolls, causing more division that really doesn't need be there, I mean why beat up on Jesus or The Greys, when you can insult an entire country en masse??

Best bet, be selective. Certain types have "that" attitude towards others regardless. I see the name, I don't bother clickin'. If they come after you, walk away, or let a Mod know. Every time I see another thread dedicated to Country Bashing without a reason, I just go
and move on...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

people who are at the recieving end are always bitter and hateful.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I can tolerate people slagging off the UK, it is when they do it with incorrect information that really bugs me, especially when evidence to the contrary is provided and they keep it up.

Then there is the ones who are from the UK who slag off other countries and make the rest of us look bad, at least they are few.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Actually from my experience most of the criticism of the usa and israel is well deserved. Sure some people take it a bit too far, but we also get many right wingers who shell out their own criticism as well and to be frank most of the time they are dellusional.

The campaign against Syria and Libya has annoyed many americans and brits because we are discovering how utterly insane the west has become to provoke russia and china and expect nothing to happen. Sooner or later it will backfire and many innocents who had no meaningful input on the decisions are going to pay the piper. Not fair! Meanwhile those who make the fateful decisions will be safe in those dumbs spent with tax payer money while the depopulation sacrifice proceeds.

People have a right to be pissed off because it is their future that is on the line.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
There are members here holding viewpoints from Jihadist muslim to Marxist to Bible-belt born-again neo-conservatives. Deal with it, imo.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

Anyone else seeing this?

BRICS - Brasil,Russia,India,China,S.Africa

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
They are just Jealous because we have the Grand Canyon and all the Beef we can eat.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Define Sheer stupidity?....cause I have been known to be rather obnoxious (if only to prove a point no harm no foul)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

Considering whats in beef these days Id rather have Haggis

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join