It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canine teeth becoming more prominent?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
reply to post by PurpleChiten

I have noticed this in many people of Nordic descent. I have friends who are of Nordic descent, blonde hair, blue eyes, extremely pale, the works... and they have freakishly long and sharp canines.

Cool, I'll add those to the list!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I have noticed this in many people of Nordic descent. I have friends who are of Nordic descent, blonde hair, blue eyes, extremely pale, the works... and they have freakishly long and sharp canines.

I'm Scottish, Norwegian and a bit of this and that here and there. Enough that I have the blue eyes and certain other features...not blonde or pale by any means however...interesting observation.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
My husband is Russian by blood, but an American all the way.
His canines were long and hooked. Got them capped a while back and now they look normal. The guy who capped them said it could be due to medication when the teeth were forming or just heredity. I have "shovel teeth" like everyone of my ethnicity does and extremely long roots. No root canals for me that work LOL! Other than those things his teeth are perfect and mine are perfect... and we havent seen the older kids with unusual canines but we have a 6 yr old that has yet to get her adult teeth.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

I have 2x2 canine teeth that are a little different direction from all other teeth, more noticeable, makes them look vampiric, does that scare you?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

You just described my son to a T.
Think some of it might be due to so many people having braces? My canines were big and rather vampirish, but I had braces and it tamed them, but then I married my handsome hubby with his small perfect but sharp teeth.
Then here comes my son with REALLy big canines and sharp too. He has a beautiful smile but he's almost, not quite but almost, like that guy in the video and it is 100% natural.

But maybe people that get braces are marrying and having kids...whereas maybe before , I dunno, if you had a crooked ugly mouth your chances at reproducing weren't as good?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

I had 4 canine teeth that had to be filed down because they were too prominent and looked "un normal" according to my orhtodontist when I had braces.

They were long and very pointed, 4 of them.

And no, I don't sleep all day and drink blood at night.

I also love sun shine.

I'm pretty much a vegetarian, but my doctor says my body type requires animal protein.

I've tried going vegan several times, managed it for 2-3 years but had health problems.

Have never eaten raw meat and hate the thought of even eating blood sausage or blood anything.

I have never eaten any baby animal. Pretty much eat either organic turkey or chicken that is free range and killed in a humane fashion (know the people I get my poultry from).

Once in a while I will eat hamburger, but very rarely. I don't eat steak, ribs or pork.

Use to love wild salmon but they migrate through Japanese waters so I have chosen not to eat any more fish..........we have messed up both our Atlantic and Pacific Oceans big time.

My oldest and youngest son both had to have their canine teeth filed down because the dentist / orthodontist said they looked a little scary.

Not sure about my grand daughter, I think she has her mother's teeth.

My middle son has flatter teeth like my husband.

Mine were pretty vampire looking and back when I was young it was not in style, it was considered weird.

I had red hair up until around 45, brown eyes, very pale skin that tans easily.

Scotch, Irish, English, Welsh, French, Greek and probably some other nationalities I'm not aware of.

A client of mine from England said I look very scotch.

My mother was adopted and we have no idea.

Would like to get a really good DNA panel done but don't have the money.

I look a lot like my father's family pictures from the late 1880's (Mainly Scotch).
edit on 15-6-2012 by ofhumandescent because: What the hell happened to spell check? Wasn't perfect but better than nothing.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SaneThinking

Same thing here, you're not alone.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Think some of it might be due to so many people having braces? My canines were big and rather vampirish, but I had braces and it tamed them, but then I married my handsome hubby with his small perfect but sharp teeth.
Then here comes my son with REALLy big canines and sharp too. He has a beautiful smile but he's almost, not quite but almost, like that guy in the video and it is 100% natural.

But maybe people that get braces are marrying and having kids...whereas maybe before , I dunno, if you had a crooked ugly mouth your chances at reproducing weren't as good?

No. Consider how long braces have been around... not very long. I really REALLY doubt that they could have already had an effect on the human gene pool.

Different races just have different physical features. Teeth are no exception. Ever noticed how people of Semitic origin have very straight almost perfect teeth? (Jerry Seinfeld or Adam Sandler are good examples.)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
i have noticed this too. mainly during celeb interviews

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Some people have more pointed canines than others. Because you are looking for it you are noticing it more. There isn't an increase in it. Human canines have actually become much smaller and more blunt over time, and will continue to do so in the future.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I agree with what gostr has to say on these. They are very common in most of the individuals are nothing to worry about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join