It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houla massacre carried out by Free Syrian Army, according to Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Houla massacre by Free Syrian Army says leading German newspaper

www.wsws.org

The May 25 Houla massacre was perpetrated by opposition forces aligned with the Free Syrian Army (FSA), according to Germany’s leading daily newspaper, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung.
The report refutes the official account by the United States and other major powers and presented uncritically by the media. The massacre was attributed to pro-government forces and used to step up the propaganda offensive for military intervention against the regime of Bashar al-Assad. Without providing any serious evidence, the US and its allies claimed that either the Syrian Army or pro-government Shabiha militas carried out the mass killing of over 100 people.
The Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung on June 7 published a report from Damascus by Rainer Hermann, who based his article on investigations by oppositionists who visited the area and took eye-witness testimony. They largely confirm the account of the events in Houla given by the Assad government.
“Their findings contradict allegations of the rebels, who had blamed the Shabiha militias which are close to the regime”, Hermann wrote, adding, “As oppositionists rejecting the use of force have been killed or at least threatened lately, the oppositionists did not want to see their names mentioned.”
The massacre took place after Friday prayers and began with an attack by Sunni “rebels” on three Syrian army checkpoints around Houla. “The checkpoints are designed to protect the Alawite villages around the mostly Sunni Houla”, the German daily reported.
Reinforcements were sent by the Syrian Army and fighting went on for 90 minutes, during which “dozens of soldiers and rebels were killed.”
It was during these exchanges that the three villages of Houla were blocked off from the outside world. The Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung wrote: “According to eyewitnesses, the massacre took place during this time. Among the dead were almost exclusively families of the Alawite and Shia minorities of Houla, the population of which is made up of 90 percent Sunnis. Several dozen members of a family that had converted in recent years from the Sunni faith to Shia Islam were slaughtered. Also among the dead were members of the Alawite family Shomaliya and the family of a Sunni member of parliament who was regarded as a collaborator.”
The report continued: “Immediately after the massacre, the offenders are said to have filmed their victims, calling them Sunni victims, and distributed the videos via the Internet.”
This account is a devastating refutation of the propaganda campaign waged by Washington, London and Paris, with the aid of the Syrian National Council, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights and a pliant Western media.
On the day of the attacks, United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, without evidence, condemned the Syrian government’s “unacceptable levels of violence and abuses”, including the use of heavy weapons on civilian populations.
The regime noted that the massacre was timed to coincide with the visit of UN envoy Kofi Annan to Damascus. It charged that the mass killings were carried out to undermine the ceasefire Annan had negotiated. Soon after, the FSA, which is now accused of carrying out the massacre, said it would no longer respect the Annan peace plan. New demands for military intervention came thick and fast.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.faz.net
spyghana.com
aangirfan.blogspot.com.au
www.infowars.com
edit on 14-6-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Jun 14 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: title edt to reflect source title

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Counter to the official story from the Western mainstream media, interviews with locals by respected mainstream news source Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung show the Houla massacre was carried out by rebel forces and not the Syrian government.

Not surprisingly the truth has not emerged in one single MSN source in the West. Yes, that's right, not one Western MSN source to date has printed the story! It is apparent that the West, including the heads of government in the US, the UK, and in Europe and including NATO and the UN, have set up a sham case as "casus belli for their planned invasion" (from the Infowars link below) of Syria.

Here is the original story source.
www.faz.net...

www.wsws.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
As it makes no sense what so ever for the government to carry this attack out I believe this to be close to the truth.

Another issue to address is that when a country is in a state of unrest its a perfect time for old scores to be settled.

Everyone is under the impression this was a town. It wasn't even a village. It was a gathering of houses i.e. an extended family or group of individuals that follow same beliefs/tribe.

I don't think we will ever know who committed this act but I find it hard to believe it wasn't personnel.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Yes, I've known this for some time, they are attempting to bring the Brotherhood and Sharia and repeat Libya, and Egypt. And its the Cia, and black ops inciting the violence.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
So are you saying this is all a false flag and that Assad is an innocent pawn in a bigger game?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
This. Is a lost war. For both sides or better said: for all sides, as there are a lot more parties involved.

As usual, only the traders win. In this case, the weapons dealers.

Assad is getting dissed but the rebels are not a quint better. This war should better be over.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Assad is not innocent, however he is not complicit in much of what is being reported. Logically there is no reason for him to do such things. Crack downs are one thing, all out murder....naw do not believe that he would do that. it would hurt his standing more than help it especially with his supporters.

It'd be akin to commiting political suicide.

Like I said before, anyone who doesn't think that the Western nations USA and Isreal has a agenda in this matter need to be hit in the head with a tack hammer.

It reeks of agenda, and they're not really going through great lenths to hide it either.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrandHeretic
Assad is not innocent, however he is not complicit in much of what is being reported. Logically there is no reason for him to do such things. Crack downs are one thing, all out murder....naw do not believe that he would do that. it would hurt his standing more than help it especially with his supporters.

Like I said before, anyone who doesn't think that the Western nations USA and Isreal has a agenda in this matter need to be hit in the head with a tack hammer.

It reeks of agenda, and they're not really going through great lenths to hide it either.

Forgive my ignorane, but what would that Agenda be? Do they have oil and mineral wealth? Is it strategically important? Is it to show dominance over Russia and China. What be the motive?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Even our corrupt, nut job government is in on the act by kicking out the Syrian ambassador in the day or two after this event without even checking the facts. Well done Germany
Hopefully this blow back will blow out some of our meatball politicians.
edit on 14-6-2012 by kwakakev because: added 'our'

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0010110011101
So are you saying this is all a false flag and that Assad is an innocent pawn in a bigger game?

Yes.

The motive lies hidden in the geography and history of the region. Syria is the crossroads where everybody meets, and naturally the western powers feel obliged to destroy it.

As to Assad, he's clearly not some madman dictator, like Gaddafi was, but Gaddafi is the guy who camped in central park in a tent, welcomed by all the politicians and leaders as an old friend.

Moon is an idiot, and is not even worth taking notice of. Clearly the Syrians share this view. Russia was always going to get involved, someone really has to stop the Nato idiocy at some point. Does the US really think they can bully and destroy everyone for the rest of eternity? And still pretend to some moral superiority?

Not likely.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

I'm not saying youre wrong, I just dont understand what's in it for the Western states. They have enough of a strategic military foothold in the area, it ranks 31st in the world for oil production lower than Columbia and they have little mineral wealth. The only reason I can see for doing this is to stick fingers up at the Russians and the Chinese and that seems a very dangerous and stupid game to play.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Forgive my ignorane, but what would that Agenda be? Do they have oil and mineral wealth? Is it strategically important? Is it to show dominance over Russia and China. What be the motive?

Look at a map of Israel and Syria.. They share a border. Now look where damascus is. It's not far from the southern Syrian border.

Anyway If you were Israel and you wanted to take out Iran, then you can't let their allies sit idly by right beside you.
Syria has to be severely weakened first.

We all knew this was coming in the Army. We used to joke about being stationed in Iran. I always said it would be Syria first just looking at the map.

Syria is high strategic value and that land has been strategic for thousands of years. There's a reason Russia has military property there.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

reply to post by harryhaller

I'm not saying youre wrong, I just dont understand what's in it for the Western states. They have enough of a strategic military foothold in the area, it ranks 31st in the world for oil production lower than Columbia and they have little mineral wealth. The only reason I can see for doing this is to stick fingers up at the Russians and the Chinese and that seems a very dangerous and stupid game to play.

The middle eastern states are the last of the "middle ground" between east and west.

First it was eastern Europe... West Vs. Russia..
Then it was South East Asia West Vs. China..

And now it's the middle east...

We would be effing up all of africa too, if they had much to mess up. Lybia and Egypt were the main players there. I think you will see ww III has begun, it's just a very slow ramp up. Middle east looks screwed, but the Russia China game scares me.

I don't like this at all.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
thing is
the good guys whiteface make up is coming off big time
like the skinface coming off a terminator bot

next it will be the gloves....

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

the ultimate plan is to secure geo-political dominance in the middle east on behalf of Israel.
The only two countries left that stand in the way of the NWO agenda and the elites are Syria and Iran. Once Syria falls, Iran is next

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by seenavv

the ultimate plan is to secure geo-political dominance in the middle east on behalf of Israel.
The only two countries left that stand in the way of the NWO agenda and the elites are Syria and Iran. Once Syria falls, Iran is next

So by that notion, Russia and China will be complicit then? Or are America going to start a war with Russia over Syria?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 0010110011101

Hard to say, yet you can be sure its not an innocent and noble cause they're after. They have no real wealth per say, so that rules that out. Perhaps its simply a move to gain a stategic foothold. Whatever the case may be, I look at the western disinfo and concern as not transparent. They are definatly up to something. If you watched Bush for his push into Iraq its basically the same thing.

There is something there that they want....dont know what that is however.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I have posted these before but I will do it again for reference, and for people to develop a better understanding of whats really going on in Syria

>Brookings institute, Washington DC based think tank, openly discussing regime overthrow on behalf of the US

This memo lays out six options for the United States
to consider to achieve Asad’s overthrow, should it
choose to do so:
1. Removing the regime via diplomacy;
2. Coercing the regime via sanctions and diplomatic isolation;
3. Arming the Syrian opposition to overthrow
the regime;
4. Engaging in a Libya-like air campaign to
help an opposition army gain victory;
5. Invading Syria with U.S.-led forces and toppling the regime directly; and
6. Participating in a multilateral, NATO-led effort to oust Asad and rebuild Syria.

www.brookings.edu...

Al Qaeda leader backs Syrian revolt against Assad

www.reuters.com...

A photo published by French news agency AFP shows a Syrian rebel wearing the Al-Qaeda flag on his arm accompanying UN observers in the village of Azzara, again underscoring the fact that NATO powers are backing terrorists in their bid to topple President Bashar Al-Assad.

Original source: news.daylife.com...
www.prisonplanet.com...
edit on 14-6-2012 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 0010110011101

Russia and China are naive if they think that the US doesnt have a contingency plan for them specifically. I'm actually seeing this as a move to goad Rusia and China into conflict before they lose the ability to carry it forth.

Better to blitz and win now rather than try to walk on in later with nothing to keep your momentum going. This is really about economics i think. And War (while very detrimental to all involved economy wise) is a short hiccup in the greater theme of things.

I just think that the West wants to be the last man standing....goad into conflict so the world can witness the real power hidden in the shadows. Could very well be how the NWO will take form. Out of Chaos comes Clarity.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by seenavv

So by that notion, Russia and China will be complicit then? Or are America going to start a war with Russia over Syria?

Russia & China will not be complicit but to what degree they will exercise they're discontent... I don't know.
I think at some very high levels, Russia and China are on the same page with NATO in terms of the NWO agenda, but not on the surface

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join