It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WorldStarHipHop: Brainwashing Black America

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

People will do many silly things for money, even at the expense of making the rest of their race look like fools.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Sorry, no ones being brainwashed and that site isn't promoting some sort of propoganda.
Neither is BET, or hot 97 or any number of black media outlets.....it is simply what they're into. They get off on this type of crap. Give em a nat geo magazine or put em in front of the science channel and you'll be looked at as if youve grown an extra head.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Originally posted by disgustingfatbody
reply to post by RedGoneWILD

Why would you post this stuff knowing how negative it is?

Use your head.

Boycott ignorance.

Absolutely.

Mods should remove it.

Are you for real !!! here is genuine proof of the dumbing down of your society at work and you want to sweep it away under the carpet, because your to scared the subject may become to hot to handle because of the race aspect.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
edit on 13-6-2012 by beatbox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
This is what it has come to.

Can you find the Real MC? (hint, the black guy is pointing at him)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Most black men don't realize it's not YOU people hate it's the hypermasculine macho thug vibe you let off. To be honest if a normal dressed black man was walking behind me I'd have no problem, but if it were a stereotypical thugged out black man I feel most people would feel uncomfortable.

Hip-hop and thug life crap killed black culture. It's even more sad that even in schools young black kids act thugish because that's what other kids expect of them. Black kids were reported to do less well in school because they didn't want people to think they're acting white. Society is in fact telling young blacks that being smart and talking normal is acting white.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

Tupac tried that a bit. Look where that got him. Either dead, or faked his death so he could live in peace.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I agree with most of the Op but I don't think this is an isolated problem to any one culture or ethnic group, I'm from Scotland Uk and this happens over here on a daily basis people seem to forget that being from the wrong side of the tracks requires shows of force and bravado and the youth are indoctrination into these type of rituals even before mobile phone internet and video people would still scrape the barrel for merit or approval from their peers or neighbors.

I could go on and on about those I have seen myself or talk about the many friends Ive lost to this mentality through force or so called weakness that is created by all sectors of society people feed the beast and the beast will preform they starve him and the real show begins.

We are all human its like some people forget this, this is just a show or ACT but this is not much different to what goes on in Military units and also on the streets preformed by LEO's and in any work place.

But we have to live in it 24/7 until we get lucky or get the situation sorted I'm afraid more and more will be joining us but don't be afraid of us on the street or in the ghetto or whatever you like to call , cause I ain't I'm more afraid of the ones who maintain this structure the people who profit from the misery.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
Do you think it is better that we do not know about this?
Where is black leadership on this?

Could it be that the black "leadership" is not just ignoring this -- but behind this? In my ignorance, it appears that young blacks are doing exactly what is expected of them.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Real Hip Hop is dead, it died the day it sold it's soul to the media industry and become popular.

Akala, a UK artist did a great documentary on hip hop a while ago and this amazing talk:

Real hip hop has gone back underground, back into the outer urban areas where there is less obvious noise, back into poetry, spoken word, lyricism but the young people are not aware of this or are not interested in this "sub-culture" anymore...not realising they are the real roots of hip hop.

Hip Hop was/is an identity for the black man but also now for what being black was about back then (think Black Panther, Muhammad Ali, Urban Rap of Run DMC etc and the early birth of Gangster Rap with the likes of Ice T, Easy-E etc). Where saying black was to call out freedom from oppression.

But the young black people (in fact all modern people) don't know much about history let alone how intertwined black music was with the struggles the black people were facing.

And this is not an exclusive race thing, that same fight for your rights, for freedom, to rise out of our physical or mental poverty is felt by all races, all people.

I consider Eminem to be one of the greatest modern rappers alive, one of the last few artists who represent what US rap and the hip hop culture is. While over here in the UK names are starting to rise, to form their own style, like Mic Righteous, Devlin, Akala, Logic MC, Lowkey, the list goes on.

These sites are just another continuation of exploitation by the media, someone out to make money from a good idea. The sad thing is the people who's parents and grand parents were a part of the hip hop culture are the ones perpetrating this exploration because they live in a society where money is king.

Nas was right, hip hop is dead.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Mainly whites see blacks as whats represented here

Really? Where are you getting your statistics? My city is a big interracial love fest. I've only met a few good ole boys who are prejudiced. They are materialistic and proud of their hillbilly heritage. They might have more in common with gangstas than they know.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
It's not Hip Hop

It's

edit on 13-6-2012 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by old_god

I have said it before on ATS and I'll say it again.

"I am a student of Hip Hop"

This is what real hip hop is.

This is what it's supposed to be.

This is an educational video.

This is what Chuck D and KRS1 and Rakim were to me in the 80's.

This is what I want my kids to learn from.

Not from Nicki, not from Lil Wayne, not from Drake.

Because they have nothing to teach.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Where is Chuck D when you need him?

I've heard the comment that Worldstar HH is somehow connected to government.
Not that I disagree but what facts do we have to validate this assertion?
These videos make me physically ill to watch, young people need positive role models not this dog-eat-dog beatdown crap.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

It's sad man... really sad.

Guys like Martin Luther and the like would be pretty damn upset by the way things are going.

All you can do is try and lead by example, keep on reminding the world that no race/creed/e.t.c is inherently bad or violent.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alyssa
Most black men don't realize it's not YOU people hate it's the hypermasculine macho thug vibe you let off. To be honest if a normal dressed black man was walking behind me I'd have no problem, but if it were a stereotypical thugged out black man I feel most people would feel uncomfortable.

Hip-hop and thug life crap killed black culture. It's even more sad that even in schools young black kids act thugish because that's what other kids expect of them. Black kids were reported to do less well in school because they didn't want people to think they're acting white. Society is in fact telling young blacks that being smart and talking normal is acting white.

so you steriotype black men for what they wear??? how narrow minded is that??? you're part of the problem...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack
ATTENTION PEOPLE!!! This is NOT the BLACK COMMUNITY! Why do you insist on lumping ALL blacks into one socio-economic category?? MOST of us are nothing like these buffoons and they embarrass the hell out of most of us! There is no F@#$%&^ black community. So since I don't live in the ''hood'', my community is not my community?? Yeah...right. ATS has definitely changed over the years.
edit on 12-6-2012 by poloblack because: (no reason given)

I don't think anybody thinks that, at least I hope they don't. I don't see how anybody could. I sure know a crap load of rednecks that shoot meth smoke crack rob and steal everything that ain't chained down from their own mom and kids, and I mean even like toilet paper and stuff, don't even get me started on the copper stealin those buggers will rip your cable/antenna/any kinda grounding wire right off your house if they think it might be worth 2 bucks, lie, cheat on and steal from every girlfriend or wife they have ever had, take every pill known to man and drink out an entire liquor store then get behind the wheel, etc etc... But I sure don't think all white people are like that and I would hope that other people don't think that either. LOL

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Guess you can blame black people for how these guys act too, right?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by poopmaster2

Originally posted by poloblack
ATTENTION PEOPLE!!! This is NOT the BLACK COMMUNITY! Why do you insist on lumping ALL blacks into one socio-economic category?? MOST of us are nothing like these buffoons and they embarrass the hell out of most of us! There is no F@#$%&^ black community. So since I don't live in the ''hood'', my community is not my community?? Yeah...right. ATS has definitely changed over the years.
edit on 12-6-2012 by poloblack because: (no reason given)

I don't think anybody thinks that, at least I hope they don't. I don't see how anybody could.

are you not reading the comments??? cmon dude....knock it off

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join