It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WorldStarHipHop: Brainwashing Black America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
WorldStarHipHop.com is a place devoid of intelligence. It only tolerates and accepts ignorance. It advocates mindless consumerism. It promotes rappers who only talk about guns and violence and are incapable of logic or reasoning. It hosts videos of vicious assaults, brutal beatdowns, robbery, extortions, prostitution and other crimes.

The site was started in 2005 and currently gets 1.1 million unique visitors per day, ranking it in the top 250 of American web traffic. It was founded by a government informant named "Q" (probably not his birth name) who claims it is the "ghetto CNN". In reality, it is a propaganda site that encourages urban youth to be violent, slutty, sociopaths.

Watch as this pack of wolves swarm a kid and taunt him with "who want the war?" The victim attempts to create space between himself and the main aggressor which is instead used as an excuse to knock the kid out cold. They then proceed to beat him with his own shoe while yelling WORLDSTAR over and over like groupies at a concert.

This guy was waiting in line to spend $245 on a new pair of Air Yeezy sneakers when he witnesses a lady clinging to the front of a bus. Immediately he whips out his camera phone to record the action while screaming WORLDSTAR AIR YEEZY CAMPOUT over and over. He eventually gets the fight he was hoping to capture.

Token white guy fight. He starts flipping out over a fast food cheeseburger. Some black guys are there to laugh and record the whole thing for your WorldStar entertainment.

Watch as a black girl beats another on her front porch by dragging her out of her house, stomping on her face repeatedly, then dragging her down the concrete stairs by her hair. This was obviously premeditated entertainment for the WorldStar community as they arrived at her door with the camera rolling.

This guy Stu was so happy to capture a fight and share it with the WorldStar crowd that he starts dancing in the street. Later on we see about 9 blacks in a street fight and the victor is immortalized forever in WorldStar slow motion.

Spend about 5 minutes on that site...it's pretty disgusting!

+51 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGoneWILD

I never understood why this behavior is considered "cool" within the black community.

You don't see white culture glorifying rednecks, hispanics glorifying cartels, etc. NEARLY to the extent you see blacks glorifying the worst stereotypes about themselves.

So why do so many blacks WANT to be know for this kind of behavior?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Why would you post this stuff knowing how negative it is?

Use your head.

Boycott ignorance.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
i couldnt agree more, that site is destroying young people's minds.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Never heard of this and wish I hadn't. This is the epitome of the near complete degradation of society.

How did we get here?

It was the worst of times, it was the worst of times.

God help us.

**It's about awareness...we need to know what's out there.
edit on 12-6-2012 by capod2t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
For awhile it seemed like every video capturing stupid acts of violence had the worldstar tag. What a bunch of idiots. They all look too old to be acting like that.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Absolutely disgusting.

Hip-Hop culture makes me sick.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Yep...that website is drenched in drivel, and don't even get me started on the myriad of dumb comments people make.

Danny Brown is a real idiosyncratic MC by the way, yet he just won't grow on me no matter how much I listen to him lol...maybe it's his voice.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by disgustingfatbody

Use your head.

Boycott ignorance.

Absolutely.

Mods should remove it.

+20 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by disgustingfatbody

Use your head.

Boycott ignorance.

Do you think it is better that we do not know about this?
Where is black leadership on this?
Something has to be done. These young people are setting themselves up for severe backlash.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

Why are they like this? Because thats what they are being shown, now its here on ats.

+48 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Ummmm no it should NOT be removed. Woldstarhiphop is a propaganda agent with government connections. This needs to be known.

Stop trying to censor the truth.

edit on 12-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustingfatbody

Doesnt understand the word ignorance. Ignorantly uses it. I really wish ATS would drop the motto. Too many people abuse the word without even understanding it.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by llmacgregor
Absolutely disgusting.

Hip-Hop culture makes me sick.

No, it's the bastardization of Hip Hop culture which makes you sick. It's sad that Hip Hop, in the majority of people's eyes, has come down to booty shakin', gun clappin', degrading women and having an obsession with materialistic things, while food for thought is shunned upon.

+28 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by llmacgregor

This isn't hip hop culture. There are a ton of great artists that talk DOWN on this type of behavior. What you see on the OP is the hoodrat scum culture that is being propagated by the THE POWERS THAT BE.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by KnawLick

it's really not just black people that go on like this. I went to school with loads of people like this of all ethnicities. i think the point of the post was to show how this website, which glorifies violence, was owned by somebody with links to the government. loads of white people do this sort of thing... i'm not defending the behaviour at all, but this is not something that just black people do...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I am unsure about this thread. If it is going to be used to actually create an open dialogue about the dangers of pseudo-gangster culture and the damaging effects it can have on urban youth then I am all for it. However...I have seen far to many threads on ATS degenerate because some bigoted dipsh*t decides to use said platforms to make sure everyone knows how he might feel about minorities and their cultural memes....blaming them for everything from the corruption of youth to the breakdown of society. Meanwhile they never touch on the fact that there is often a corporate (and often white) hand guiding these trains over the edge. After all...it takes resources to get this kind of crap out there like that it the first place. Worldstarhiphop is a garbage dump of dumb vids and news about celebrities I could care less about. Anyone......and this has been repeated ad nauseum......who knows about real hip hop and real hip hop culture knows that crap like this does not represent us. Why dont we step back and look at how drugs and abject poverty in inner city areas fosters deviant behavior that is often encouraged by corporate america by way of products and entertainers so that their buddies in the prison industry will have a constant influx of moneymakers. This isnt about black or white....its about profiting from ignorance.
edit on 12-6-2012 by irsuccubus because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by KnawLick

It isn't cool within the "black community" it is cool within the "ghetto" community. Go to any ghetto high school and you'll see latinos and whites acting just like this.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Im glad someone else understands that this in no way represents hip hop culture. Its like they slapped that name on the site to draw in the "urban" set....not because it has any truth

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
ATTENTION PEOPLE!!! This is NOT the BLACK COMMUNITY! Why do you insist on lumping ALL blacks into one socio-economic category?? MOST of us are nothing like these buffoons and they embarrass the hell out of most of us! There is no *snip* black community. So since I don't live in the ''hood'', my community is not my community?? Yeah...right. ATS has definitely changed over the years.
edit on 12-6-2012 by poloblack because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/13/2012 by maria_stardust because: Vulgarity and the Automatic ATS Censors

<<   2  3  4 >>

join