It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling All The Michigan Folk On ATS. I Need Your Help.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
So, as most of you know there has been some strange things happening and being reported in Michigan over the last couple of weeks. OldCorps AKA Bob Powell one of ATS's own has been working hard to uncover the truth and has faced many problems along the way. If you have time pleas take a look at these threads here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also there has been stories of radiation spikes on the Michigan/Indiana border as seen here.

So what I am proposing here is that anyone living in Michigan or that has friends or family living here, to report anything strange here in this thread and maybe we can come together to find some answers. If you have had strange events near you then get out and investigate if you can, and then report what you find here. I have been hearing some booms in the evenings but nothing like what bob and others have heard up north. My plan is to go out and investigate the booms I have been hearing starting with all gravel pits around to see if they have been doing any blasting. From there I am going to scour the state land I am surrounded by and see what I can find out there.

If you see military movements wether it be ground troops or aircraft please report them here so we can track them. Remember this is the season for reservists to do their annual summer training but negative events could be shielded by this common knowledge. Pay attention to their movements and there activities. Lets all stay vigilant and work together to figure out if something truly dubious is happening here or if it is just our over imaginative ATS minds. I thank any and all who participate in advance and hope that we may compile some good information and maybe piece some things together.
edit on 11/6/12 by usmc0311 because: poor spelling

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

I'm in the UP, haven't seen anything out of the ordinary. As I said before though, explosions are normal here due to an iron mine being in the area. If I hear/ see anything I'll be sure to post. I also have numerous family members living downstate so I will ask around.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

There were also high rad spikes in the Ft Bend Indiana area around the same time, very high.

Seems to be a "offline" now though.

Online Geiger Counter

Wasnt a few weeks ago that Canadians were complaining about loud noises coming from across the river in Michigan?
Something is definitely going on over there.
edit on 11-6-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Bob put this on youtube after he got arrested checking out what the noise was.

At 10 a.m. on Wednesday, 6/6/2012, a mysterious explosion shook homes over hundreds of square miles in Northeastern Michigan. The ground shaking explosion was heard from Presque Isle to Lincoln, and out west as far as Hillman. The Alpena County Sheriff's Department dispatched deputies to locate the source of the blast; but no cause was ever found. During my investigation of the cause of the explosion, I was arrested when I attempted to interview the Executive Secretary at the Alpena Combat Readiness Training center; a woman who had left me a message about the blast that very morning. I was simply trying to get her comments on camera as I've done at military bases all over the country.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

He seemed a bit upset about the arrest in the second video.
Can't blame him really not everyday you find out you been put on a list.

edit on 11/6/2012 by skuly because: adding

edit on 6/11/2012 by kosmicjack because: un-embedded videos with solicitation at the end

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
ty i could not post yet.. as i am new here
edit on 11-6-2012 by q13ert because: spelling

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
West Michigan here, Grand Rapids area. didn't think much about this then, but seems relevant now.
We just passed a new firework law, so the sounds have been hard to trace.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Hi, Im not from Michigan. However, checking the helicorders in the midwest. I found the Helicorder for Grayling,Mi has been 404ed. Never saw that before.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Hocus-Focus

Thanks for reminding me. I should have put that in the OP as well. I'm sure some of the booms heard are due to this. I doubt the one up north is and I know what I have been hearing sounds unlike any of the fireworks that I know of. I have been using the formerly illegal fireworks here in MI for many years now. It's cool that they are legal now though.

Also, do you know when that happened in the video?
edit on 11/6/12 by usmc0311 because: added material

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by crappiekat
Hi, Im not from Michigan. However, checking the helicorders in the midwest. I found the Helicorder for Grayling,Mi has been 404ed. Never saw that before.

Sounds interesting. Is there any way you could provide a link. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Sunday May 27th 2012, sorry bout that lol. Date would have been nice yeah? It sure is odd though all the press,or lack of press we've been getting around here...

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I wish I had thought of this!

Brother, I wouldn't presume to tell you what to do, but I want you to be careful out there. I have nearly a quarter of a century of credentials to back up my claim that I'm conducting a legitimate investigation under the 1st Amendment (and now, a lawyer from the ACLU) if the need should arise. So if I get stopped, I have a plausible explanation for what I'm doing; but if YOU get taken into custody, I'm afraid that you might be labeled a domestic terrorist and be disappeared. I applaud you for wanting to get out there, but at the same time I implore you to be VERY careful.

I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing what the Michigan ATS membership has to report in this thread. Even though my show is no longer featured on this site, and the ATS management and I appear to be at loggerheads on some issues, and I am teetering on the brink of being one of those people/topics who can not be discussed at all, I depend on the membership at ATS to help me do my job.

As long as I have been on the Internet, I have never been associated with a more well informed, intelligent, and courteous group of people than those I have found here at ATS. I've made a lot of speculations about NASA and things celestial; but Phage has always set me straight. I've been extremely critical of those LEOs that taze pregnant women, kill an elderly Marine in his own home, or beat people on videotape; but I'm proud to say that I can call ATS LEOs like Xcathdra my friend. There will always be the odd troll, but I have found the membership of ATS to be good people, men and women of goodwill, who are dedicated to the pursuit of the truth when it comes to alternative news, even if what they find doesn't necessarily jibe with their world view. That's why we are here right? To learn, and "Deny Ignorance."

After TTiV went out on its own, the reason I stuck around ATS - besides having access to breaking news that doesn't show up in the MSM until days later, if at all - was so that I could continue enjoying the relationships I have built up here over the past 18 months. I have some really good friends here, and good "rivals" that push me to be more critical in my own thinking. I've lost so much over the past year I just couldn't bear the thought of losing you guys too.

There will be someone who comes along here in a second, repeating the phrase I've heard so often, "Geez dude, don't get so emotionally invested in posters on an online forum - it's not like they're real people." I beg to differ. When my daughter died you guys were here for me, holding my hand every step of the way. You prayed for me, you sent me good vibes and well wishes, and you brought me the strength to go on living when I really didn't care if I lived or died. So, as much as you get from me in the form of straight up journalism, believe me when I say that I have benefited WAY more in this little relationship of ours. I consider you guys my family.

I'm especially looking forward to meeting you my Brother usmc0311. OldCorp0341 says Semper Fi.

edit on 6/11/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-12-2012 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I'll be careful and I won't go to far. Luckily my daughter has reminded me of the high self control ingrained into me by the Corps. I have a feeling I know what the noises I heard may have been but I am going to go find out for sure tomorrow. I'm also looking forward to meeting you face to face someday. Keep your head high and Stay Frosty.

Semper Fi.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
would love to help find more information about this.. .. if I see anything worth posting I'll reply. I'm glad someone is going to check it out, I would if I was closer.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I haven't seen anything unusual here in the Flint area.

Shooting sprees, rapes and other heinous crime, the occasional bank robbery.

Nothing out of the ordinary.

However, I am now subscribed to this thread and I will report it if I see or hear anything

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

There will be someone who comes along here in a second, repeating the phrase I've heard so often, "Geez dude, don't get so emotionally invested in posters on an online forum - it's not like they're real people." I beg to differ.

Me too! We're real people here! And most of us care about our fellow human beings. Keep that smile on

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Im in the Traverse City area and have not noticed any unusual activity either military or from the coast guard here.
Just that the normal traffic stops have been picking up it seems lately.( Takes a lota money to run a place like Traverse.... yup yup)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Brighton Mi here.Just wierd lightning and thunder no rain though?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Is there a youtube recording out there of the explosion in Mi? How about seismic readings etc? Just wondering.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Middle of the mitten here. Sorry to say that I only heard about these here on ATS. Nothing on the local news or anything. I will keep me ears open and ask around.
Guess it's a good thing I'm here!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Noticed that some posts on this topic on ats have been locked without any aparent reason

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join