It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My little sister gets suspended for conspiracy theorizing...?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

it simply is not punishable for that insanely small level of teasing, or even reference to any past history of things not going so well.

I wasn't replying to you but ok.
You don't know what the history is or what it entails. You are getting one side of the story. You are not even getting a first hand account. You are getting a second hand account which has passed through two filters; the sister, and NightAngelus both of whom are biased against the teacher and authority.

edit on 6/10/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

i agree that i don't know the whole thing.

from the information that i know from this thread so far, that is my conclusion.

assuming any and all information is true, and assuming the thread gets more information, i may or may not change my conclusion.

honestly: it really depends.

and good for them for questioning authority, because its rarely ever a good thing.

peace.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Well what it may have been once and what it is today are two different things now aren't they? Yes I am entirely serious and do not see that a bunch of people singing songs with a tambourine is inherently evil? Why try to make it so? Why not take Shakespeare's advice and understand that thinking something is evil makes it so. If you used to cherish Christmas but now do not because your read some jerk's idea about it you could use a healthy dose of understanding that Christmas and all it stands for in the Christian world is under attack. People who hate Christ and Christmas have gone out of their way to ruin it for your little sister.
Doesn't mean you have to max out your credit cards, but realize what is behind that particular conspiracy theory may not be what you think it is.

I have no problem at all with the Sun God. The Sun gives us life. The sun is father and the moon is mother. Sun is alpha and moon is Omega. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the ending sayeth the Lord. Mother Mary has a crown of 12 stars on her head, clothed with the sun, and what is under her feet? Why it's the moon. Moon is mother, the subconscious mind, the matter element.
Are you going to also say that is freemasonic symbolism that is somehow evil?

Revelation 12:1

King James Bible

And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

Revelation 19:7, a great multitude are represented as saying, "Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honor to him; for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his Wife hath made herself ready." In Revelation 21:9, an angel talks with St. John, saying, "Come hither, I will show thee the Bride, the Lamb's wife." That the Christian Church is meant will appear also from her being clothed with the sun, a striking emblem of Jesus Christ, the Sun of righteousness, the light and glory of the Church; for the countenance of the Son of God is as the sun shineth in his strength. The woman has: -

The moon under her feet - Bishop Newton understands this of the Jewish typical worship and indeed the Mosaic system of rites and ceremonies could not have been better represented, for it was the shadow of good things to come. The moon is the less light, ruling over the night, and deriving all its illumination from the sun; in like manner the Jewish dispensation was the bright moonlight night of the world, and possessed a portion of the glorious light of the Gospel. At the rising of the sun the night is ended, and the lunar light no longer necessary, as the sun which enlightens her shines full upon the earth;

A crown of twelve stars - A very significant representation of the twelve apostles, who were the first founders of the Christian Church, and by whom the Gospel was preached in great part of the Roman empire with astonishing success. "They that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness, as the Stars for ever and ever." Daniel 12:3.

bible.cc...

How many disciples were there? How many astrological constellations. How many months in the year. Oh yes, then there are the 12 Tribes of Isreal.

Please try and find the true esoteric significance which has either been hidden from the masses or not been taught clearly.

edit on 10-6-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

It almost sounds like you want to give the teacher clearance to punish my sis... But, that's just my thought.

Your thought is wrong. My thought is that you and your sister both have a bias against the teacher.
My thought is that I have seen teachers blamed for maltreating students when it was the student who clearly was at fault. My thought is that I have seen parents defend those children beyond all reason.

My thought is that we don't know and can't know enough about the story.

i agree completely (with ONLY this post, in this quote)

BUT as a side point, i have seen the exact opposite as well, where many teachers have been being totally unfair and mean, i even experienced it many times in real life, watching someone else get s***ed over by a teacher OR, being s***ed over by a teacher myself on many occasions for unfair reasons.

there are many good and bad and neutral or random people of every kind in every place.

peace.

edit on 10-6-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
Is that right? And what exactly is it about me teaching my sister the truth about things

Except you are not doing that, you are filling her head with silly conspiracy theory nonsense!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

from the information that i know from this thread so far, that is my conclusion.

You are reaching a conclusion with insufficient data...50% or less of it.

As far as I'm concerned the suspension is secondary to the situation anyway. What we do know is that the sister is being "instructed" by her older sister in a manner which produces (by the older sister's admission) an undesirable result.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Is that right? And what exactly is it about me teaching my sister the truth about things

Except you are not doing that, you are filling her head with silly conspiracy theory nonsense!

some of it is nonsense, and some of it is not.

the question is- what parts?

we don't know.

what are you doing on this website anyway LOL?

peace.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

You are reaching a conclusion with insufficient data...50% or less of it.

arghhh my point is, that with the information that we currently have, whatever percentage you deem it lol, thats what i got from this thread.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Why come to a conclusion about it at all in that case?

As far as I'm concerned the suspension is secondary to the situation anyway. What we do know is that the sister is being "instructed" by her older sister in a manner which produces (by the older sister's admission) an undesirable result.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

Really? Which part was conspiracy nonsense? Christmas and Easter are Pagan. Fact. FACT. Not nonsense.

So, come on. Give me some examples.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Undesireable by the education system and their teachers. Favorable to... well... everyone else.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

reply to post by spoor

Really? Which part was conspiracy nonsense? Christmas and Easter are Pagan. Fact. FACT. Not nonsense.

WERE pagan..., so not a fact, just nonsense

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Favorable to... well... everyone else.

Everyone?

And the reason I worded it so bluntly (Easter being evil, Christmas being unholy) is because that's the way she made it sound when she re-told the story. She made it seem a bit more extreme than I intended.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

The Pagans brought pine trees, or pieces of pine trees, into their homes and decorated them with silver. The Holly King, who ruled from the summer to winter solstice according to Pagan legends, was one of the first influences that inspired the story of Santa. People STILL do the Pagan practice, a practice that had nothing to do with Christianity. Therefore, it is STILL Pagan. The Pagan custom doesn't just fade away because it's old and the custom goes unquestioned now. It doesn't work that way. The fact still stands.

The reason a rabbit is the symbol of Easter, Ishtar, the moon goddess, mistress of the moon and sexuality, is because the first hunt of the spring solstice was a hare or a rabbit in Pagan customs. The symbol of eggs is part of the holiday because eggs symbolize fertility, or sexuality, representing Ishtar. Since those symbols haven't changed, and since Easter had no connection to the Messiah's return, yes. IT. IS. STILL. PAGAN.

We can argue this all day, but it states plainly in the scripture not to mesh religions, and that includes religious customs... especially ones that portray to the worship of the sun, the moon, and the earth, which is also directly against the Bible.

I'm not making it evil by calling out it's origins. I'm just making it's evil known.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

More or less. My mamaw and her family don't count.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

God help me so I don't get called out by Phage

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that "I Think" Phage is trying to say that in a lot of instances teachers are called to the carpet every time a child comes home and whines a bit and that sometimes we are quick to blame the teachers for every single thing that occurs.

When my daughter comes home and tells me something that happened in school that day my first question is "What did you do?" While she is a shining beacon of light floating on angel wings, I DO KNOW that there are some tiny devil wings hidden in there at times as well. I am not blinded by the light nearly as often as she would like.
I get the story and if I feel the need to go to the school she KNOWS for darn sure she better not be telling me a story and have me go rip a new one for no reason. I have been to enough functions and have people in my family that will wheel it right up to the school the second the child complains and then refuses to hear the teacher out.

I think Phage is saying that there are always two sides and not to jump right up an accept the first story every single time. What a child sometimes considers unfair, isn't really unfair.

Again, I could be wrong and I am sure he will let me know if that is the case...

You are a bit younger and without children of your own you have not seen it as much as some of the rest of us.

I hope I can explain it right. In school I was outspoken (like you), a smart arse, knew it all, but generally a good kid. I occupied one whole history period arguing with the teacher about why I needed to know about certain things to load boxes on a truck for the rest of my life. BUT, I also had a brother that went ahead of me by 3 years and I didn't have a fighting chance in hades with some of the same teachers that had to deal with him so I experienced both sides of the UNFAIR and the FAIR.

A lot of us like to think that our kids can do no wrong, when in fact they screw up just like everyone else's kids do. Imagine that?
But there are parents who will curse out every teacher in the place because their child got called out for acting like a complete idiot in class.

It does appear to me that she took a dig... do I think that deserved suspension?? Absolutely not. That is one that I would have had to talk about with my daughter, then laugh about it later when she wasn't around if you know what I mean.

I don't think he is championing your sister's treatment... just trying to get you to view it from another perspective maybe???
edit on 6/10/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Being a father of 6 and a grandparent of 2, I have to agree with Phage. In my experience, we can take one isolated incident (IE the poem), and think that the teacher has gone off the deep end.

However, the OP herself has said that her little sister is constantly doing things to upset the teacher.

The poem was the straw on the camel.

The bigger question here is: who is her parents? You? No. Not you.

Her parents are her father and your step mother (who you obviously do not get along with).

You have stated that both of the girl's parents have problems with the things you are teaching your little sister.

As would I. Especially if it starts to harm her education in any way, shape or form.

Many people here on ATS would be completely outraged if they thought someone was interfering with the up bringing of their children. Actually, search the boards, and you'll find many threads supporting this.

You might want to keep that in mind. You little sister is just that: your sister. She's NOT your child whom you are responsible for. Her parents are, and you're going against their wishes.

Food for thought. Because you're going to keep pushing (yah, you're young, very young, and young people always think they know better), and pushing, and pushing, until one day it's going to blow up in your face, and her parents have to do something, even though one of them is your father. It won't matter.

And who will get hurt by it most of all? You? Don't make me laugh.

It will be your little sister that get's hurt by it the most.

Keep that in mind next time you're telling her all about Chemtrails...........

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

I'm just making it's evil known.

Sexuality and fertility are evil? No, I guess you're not really saying that.

And here I thought it was because Easter falls within a week after the full moon when the the Moon is egg shaped. I thought the bunny comes from the Japanese version of the Man in the Moon.

Thank you for clearing that up for me. Of course the early Christians, the "real" Christians didn't have any pagan influences, did they? Never mind, that's for another thread.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

reply to post by spoor

The Pagans brought pine trees, or pieces of pine trees, into their homes and decorated them with silver. The Holly King, who ruled from the summer to winter solstice according to Pagan legends, was one of the first influences that inspired the story of Santa. People STILL do the Pagan practice, a practice that had nothing to do with Christianity. Therefore, it is STILL Pagan. The Pagan custom doesn't just fade away because it's old and the custom goes unquestioned now. It doesn't work that way. The fact still stands.

The reason a rabbit is the symbol of Easter, Ishtar, the moon goddess, mistress of the moon and sexuality, is because the first hunt of the spring solstice was a hare or a rabbit in Pagan customs. The symbol of eggs is part of the holiday because eggs symbolize fertility, or sexuality, representing Ishtar. Since those symbols haven't changed, and since Easter had no connection to the Messiah's return, yes. IT. IS. STILL. PAGAN.

We can argue this all day, but it states plainly in the scripture not to mesh religions, and that includes religious customs... especially ones that portray to the worship of the sun, the moon, and the earth, which is also directly against the Bible.

I'm not making it evil by calling out it's origins. I'm just making it's evil known.

No, what you are doing is being closed minded by calling other's beliefs "evil"

I think you'd be shocked at the amount of pagans that are people that you know, or are on here on this very board.

If you REALLY want to get down to brass tacks, let's discuss how it was the Christians that decided to have their holy holidays during times that pagans were already celebrating (yes Easter and the Winter Solstice come to mind).

But I don't call that evil of them. They (the Christians) were just doing what they do: spread the word of Christ and convert non-Christians, and what better way than to set up holy days during the same as pagan ones?

By calling pagan practices "evil" you're really showing your ignorance here (remember, ATS, Deny Ignorance).

Do yourself a favor. Educate yourself a bit more on paganism (especially modern day ones), and try practicing "tolerance" for other people's beliefs. I grew up all around the world and it helped me realize that not everyone in the world practice the same beliefs.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
As an elementary school teacher, I personally like the kids that can think outside the box. It's refreshing to see a young mind not accept everything they are told. However, it can be a classroom disruption for a student to speak their mind too often and too aggressively. A good teacher can deal with this with classroom management skills. Sometimes it seems like children are purposely trying to derail a lesson or get the teacher off subject when they make certain comments. This is made worse by other students joining in with what they know too. Your sister did not deserve suspension. A parent conference would have fixed whatever problem there was. I try to accept each student for who they are and as individuals. It sounds like this teacher needs to do the same.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

I looks like little sis is being "instructed" not so much in conspiracy but in intolerance. Doesn't it? Intolerance in the name of Christianity. It seems the story is emerging.
Poor kid.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join