It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My little sister gets suspended for conspiracy theorizing...?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
whoa...
...Could you imagine if her poem was"Do not go gently into that good night"(Dylan Thomas)...teacher would of probably had her expelled

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Next lesson for your sister: teach how many cops, teachers and politicians get drunk on the power they yield and don't react well when questioned. When an intelligent person is confronted with an alternate opinion, they participate in discussion, while when an unintelligent person is confronted with an alternate opinion, they often times result to using their power to silence the opposition, in this case a teacher attempting to silence your sister while inside an institution where she is supposed to be taught critical thinking and to further her educational development.

Maybe wire her up as well and post any embarrassing responses from her teacher on youtube.
edit on 9-6-2012 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
Then, recently, my little sister's teacher caught a flu, and had to stay home. Everyone in my sister's class was making get-well cards for the teacher, and they were all sent to the teacher's home.

Here's the interesting part. My sister wrote a poem on her card, and I can't remember the whole thing, but the last line of the poem was "Conspiracies to do, so I'll see you."

When her teacher returned to school, she took the card and complained to one of the principals. They told her it was "extremely inappropriate" and she was suspended for a day.

What the hell do you call that?

I call it someone who is conspiracy minded seeing wrong doing where there may not be any. Your sister wrote a poem that was "extremely inappropriate" and was suspended. You, being paranoid, don't take into consideration that it could be anything other than the part that you expect is offensive.

I would be interested in knowing what the rest of the poem said.

no no no you have it all wrong......

from what OP has said, she wrote her a get well card, with a friendly and also playful poem in it, and the teacher is an evil no good. well. i wont say that word here.

that is what i got from the story anyway lol.

peace.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Her teacher sometimes tells her "You're too young to know that stuff yet" (and yes, that's an exact quote. Apparently, learning is bad).

I agree with her teacher.

She is not really old enough to comprehend. She is just repeating what she is told.

You mean like kids repeat all the crapola they're taught on tv, and the all the programming parents, and schools give them. Do they understand what they're being taught in school.

No one is ever to young to have turth shared with them. Never too young.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl
Next lesson for your sister: teach how many cops, teachers and politicians get drunk on the power they yield and don't react well when questioned. When an intelligent person is confronted with an alternate opinion, they participate in discussion, while when an unintelligent person is confronted with an alternate opinion, they often times result to using their power to silence the opposition, in this case a teacher attempting to silence your sister while inside an institution where she is supposed to be taught critical thinking and to further her educational development.

Maybe wire her up as well and post any embarrassing responses from her teacher on youtube.
edit on 9-6-2012 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

if you word it a little better, i think i might agree.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miss Sile

Her teacher sometimes tells her "You're too young to know that stuff yet" (and yes, that's an exact quote. Apparently, learning is bad).

She is not really old enough to comprehend. She is just repeating what she is told.

Using that flawed logic, the argument can be made that ANYTHING his little sister is taught she is just repeating. How do you know she is just repeating?

I see this exactly the same as the 4 year old who sang the: "Ain't no homo going to make it to heaven." song.

link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

Could be a little much, who knows. I don't just teach her scary things, I teach her mainly the most important ones used for every day life... what foods are least infected with GMO and other chemicals, what water is clean water, why the food and water is contaminated in the first place, what to do if TSHTF while she's at school, ect.

All I now is, it was WAY too much for me when I found out, but only because it shocked me, and I was one of the "F*** you, it's not true! The government is God and everything is okay and fairies and pixies and unicorns!" people. I was the exact opposite from how I am now. I'd rather my sister know sooner than later so she doesn't have to break all the horrible thoughts in on her own, or go through life being blissfully unaware of it.

link   
OP don't listen to soymilk. He is just a dog in a hat.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I see this exactly the same as the 4 year old who sang the: "Ain't no homo going to make it to heaven." song.

As do I. I'm scared. We seem to be agreeing.

link   

reply to post by Furbs

Simply because I think doesn't make me "paranoid." My step mother called me and told me (pretty aggressively and vulgarly) that the teacher had a problem with the "Conspiracies in her poem" and cussed me up and down for it. There were only two other lines to the poem, and I can't remember them exactly, but they only had to do with "getting well soon." ... There really wouldn't be anything to the poem other than that. It was on a get-well card.

Thinking does not make one paranoid, however.. thinking someone is messing with your food before you eat it is textbook paranoia.

You have already stated that you do not remember the poem. You do yourself a disservice when you come back and change your story. Get the rest of the story from your sister. My guess is that she knows what she said, and why it was inappropriate.

link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
You have to stomp on that little flame of "difference" before the child grows up....

As far as "just repeating what she is told"? The school has her doing the same thing. Only with things that the government "DEEMS" appropriate. Therein lies the difference and to big brother it is a HUGE difference.

Anybody displaying free willed thinking in the public school system is going to find it continually hard to do so as time goes on. My daughter has 4 years left and I can only hope that we can make it that long without too many issues arising.

She should not have been suspended. But the school has the power to do what they want with little to no repercussions... Their ball field... their rules. It's just the way it is. Hopefully she will find a few teachers along the way that will not deem free thinking an act deserving of suspension.

edit on 6/9/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

Precisley, their version of truth tunneled into innocent heads. LIes and distortions.

The last part about their rules, well if its a private school otherwise it answers to the parents and public and is funded by them, so I would suggest they don't act like nazi's in the least. Or parents need to deal with them in no uncertain terms of toughness.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Is that right? And what exactly is it about me teaching my sister the truth about things that's comparable to teaching a much younger child to sing about homos in a church?

link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Few adults understand the full concept of politics and its history.

A 10 year old definitely does not.

link   
Does she just spew this stuff off when talking?
Your setting her up to fail socially more so when she reaches middle school and high school

She will probably get called names, unless she figures it out herself and doesn't talk about it.

Do you want her to be sitting at the reject table
School can be hard enough man don't you remember?
I do, up untill 14 i had a hard time then i changed a number of things and had the best years ever. don't take that away from your sis by making her come across a nut job.

ETA: or at least teach her that she shouldn't talk about it so openly unless people are genuinely interested.

edit on 9-6-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

link   
Of course there is nothing wrong with teaching her about conspiracies as long as you know what you're teaching her is factual. The people here telling him not to teach her about that stuff are the typical skeptics who would rather if all of us would just submit to the status quo and do away with our questioning attitude.

However, there is clearly more to this story than what we are being told... there's no possible way they could suspend her based on what the OP told us. We do need the whole poem before making any sort of rational judgment. If what the OP said is the whole entire story then I'd have her change schools.
edit on 9-6-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miss Sile

Using that flawed logic, the argument can be made that ANYTHING his little sister is taught she is just repeating. How do you know she is just repeating?

well obviously those fanatical religious cultists brainwashed the poor kid into being close minded...

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Is that right? And what exactly is it about me teaching my sister the truth about things that's comparable to teaching a much younger child to sing about homos in a church?

Truth?

Teaching to question is one thing.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
OP don't listen to soymilk. He is just a dog in a hat.

i could say the same thing lol, "don't listen to domo, he is just a joker cat in a hat" lol ^_^

jk.

i make some good points no?

+5 more 
link   
Good job on brain washing a little child.

Teach them to THINK FOR THEMSELVES rather than echoing yours (or anyone else's) "conspiracy theories". This is the more saddening since a little kid at such age hardly has any means to intellectually "find out" what's really true and what's just plain BS, which 90% of all the conspiracy theories sadly are.

So..what did you "find out" which you deem worthy to tell your sister as "truth" - or are you maybe also just echoing and re-iterating what you read or what someone else tells you? As it is so often the case, hardly EVERY someone "finds something out" - otherwise it would not be conspiracy "theories".

By the way, you are of course correct that Christmas/Easter etc. is stemming from pagan religions, but this hasn't really anything to do with conspiracy theories. The question here is rather whether you actually think it has a positive effect on a child to tell her Easter/Christmas "is evil"?

Edit: And yes i agree, nice analogy with the homo song. Brainwashing 4 year olds..shame on you. Let her think for HERSELF, maybe one day she will teach you something.

link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Few adults understand the full concept of politics and its history.

A 10 year old definitely does not.

OH REALLY. I actually think she is very intelligent to be able to remember details and pull them out at the appropriate moments, and I considered myself at 10 brighter than most of the adults around me and in the community, noting the discussions and disagreements they would have with the family and that the world was such a hellzone with so many children starving and being murdered in wars by adults that even at 7 I thought they were co-creators of this terrible mess and they should stop spouting their ignorant and ever so dangerous opinions around.

Also my mother encouraged me to speak up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join