It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My little sister gets suspended for conspiracy theorizing...?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

If you REALLY want to get down to brass tacks, let's discuss how it was the Christians that decided to have their holy holidays during times that pagans were already celebrating (yes Easter and the Winter Solstice come to mind).

That would be a Roman Emperor who thought that if you can't fight em, join em?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl

Maybe wire her up as well and post any embarrassing responses from her teacher on youtube.
edit on 9-6-2012 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

Please tell me you did not just ask him/her to wire tap they're little sister merely for our enjoyment?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl

Maybe wire her up as well and post any embarrassing responses from her teacher on youtube.
edit on 9-6-2012 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

Please tell me you did not just ask him/her to wire tap they're little sister merely for our enjoyment?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

You might want to keep that in mind. You little sister is just that: your sister. She's NOT your child whom you are responsible for. Her parents are, and you're going against their wishes.

Seconded to everything you said especially this.
Apart from which this little kid is being indoctrinated - no less so than the mainstream indoctrination we complain about.
As for the 'poem' it's a nasty little sarcastic dig at the teacher. I fear for this kid...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Haven't read all the posts yet but this stuck out for me...

In THIS THREAD you mention having an Alex Jones moment and made a scene in Walmart telling people to pick the regular watermelons over the "hybrid mutant" watermelons when you clearly had no idea that all commercially available watermelons are hybrids anyway.

What else have you put in your sisters head that could potentially be wrong?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

No, it was a clever line she threw in the poem because it suited her personality.

Fear for her all you want. It's only natural for the ignorant to fear the wise.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

It's only natural for the ignorant to fear the wise.

Oh my. What does the Bible say about arrogance?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
reply to post by starchild10

No, it was a clever line she threw in the poem because it suited her personality.

Fear for her all you want. It's only natural for the ignorant to fear the wise.

Well, if nothing else, you may have broken the spell of the humanist paradigm of the system. I hope and pray that she receives the inner guidance. Teach her to meditate on the light within and be careful what she says to whom, as she obviously is not hiding her light under a bushel

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Eternal damnation without relief?

(Rowan Atkinson Ref..)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Excuse me, my brother and sister ARE my responsibility. I don't care how many kids you have, or who you THINK you are, but my step mother is a manic-depressive bi-polar psychopath who has fits of abusing her own children, along with my brother and sister, just as she did to me when I lived with them. THAT is why I don't get along with her. Not because I'm playing the parent. I have a stepmother who is tweaked beyond repair and a father who is a pill head.

So, keep in mind that you don't need to be trying to educate me on who the responsible adult figures are in my brother and sister's lives, because you know nothing about them, or the situation.

And when did I say my sister goes out of her way to upset the teacher? I never said that.

Get your damn facts straight.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

That, I agree with

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Dunno. Like I said, I'm not done reading it yet.

FTR, that's not arrogant, it's true. Ignorant people fear wise people, always have.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
What does "Conspiracy's to do, so ill see you" mean...?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Damn, troll much?

Not all the watermelons at Wal-Mart are hybrids. The hybrids are labeled. The natural ones are labeled differently. Plus, they look fairly different. The reason that normal watermelon seeds from Wal-Mart watermelons don't grow new plants is because they've been separated from the live plant for too long without being dehydrated. It's kind of like why eggs from the carton won't hatch.

But if I'll look into it. I always correct myself when I turn out to be wrong, which may be the case.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
No issue I got picked up by my hair for going against the grain. Then the school told my parents I should be checked for ADD my parents said no. Turns out my IQ was much above the other children once I was tested. Then basically after that I was deemed not as smart because the principal insisted I wasn't, Its a # cycle for kids. I take a test that proves I may be smarter then other students and I'm above average so you # on me?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Ignorant people fear wise people, always have.

Fear for your sister was expressed. Not fear of her.
So is it you, who are "instructing" her, the one who is wise? That seems to be what you meant.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

How is correcting a mistake trolling?

www.thedanielislandnews.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

The reason that normal watermelon seeds from Wal-Mart watermelons don't grow new plants is because they've been separated from the live plant for too long without being dehydrated. It's kind of like why eggs from the carton won't hatch.

Please don't "instruct" your sister in biology. But it might be a good idea if you learn something about fertility yourself...even though it may be evil.
Oh wait. That might require a textbook.
edit on 6/10/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
OP, personally I dont think its right to fill a small childs head with conspiracy theories. Indoctrination much?

Surely its better to just teach a child to have an open mind and let them find stuff out for themselves when they are old enough.
That has been my approach anyway, with my child.

edit on 10-6-2012 by lifecitizen because: (no reason given)

Edit to add: I didnt read this thread before I posted, having a quick look just then I see you are offended by people saying you are indoctrinating your sister- sorry to offend but thats what happens when you start a thread- people have opinions that may differ from yours. You have to expect that, not be offended. Everyone is SO offended these days *shrugs*
edit on 10-6-2012 by lifecitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

I ask you this, would you really want some one you love or care about, to carry this burden? Ignorance is bliss my friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join