It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My little sister gets suspended for conspiracy theorizing...?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
reply to post by mainidh

Edit; My first line was a little too mean, so I removed it

You obviously loved the life of being indoctrinated and brainwashed. That warm comforting blissful BS was nothing but a facade, I hope you know that. All lies. You just can't face up to it.

You need some established holiday in order for your family to be close and loving? I don't. You have to throw your petty little "shame on you" insults at me because I don't raise my sister the way your family raised children? Shame on YOU.

Newsflash--life isn't the sweet comfortable bliss that the world, including Christmas, trained you to think. It is full of hatrid. It is full of distrust. And you know what? No one is going to learn how to counter it if they are never taught of it in the first place (people like you, I mean).

My sister is not hateful or untrusting. She takes all things into account when she makes decisions. Sher doesn't rely on holidays and magic and fairies and unicorns to be happy. None of us do.

Now if you'll excuse me, Alex Jones, my sister and I have to go munch on some paint chips before we go burn down a federal building. Syonara.

edit on 10-6-2012 by XxNightAngelusxX because: I wanted to

i hope you aren't actually going to burn anything down lol, *hugs and peace*

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

Hahahaha... dude, I am IN the problem, I think I understand it a million times better than you.

And I asked my sister to find her card. She found it about five minutes ago, and I posted the full poem on the opening thread. Go have a look... it's tiny.

Yes, I have a distrust for textbooks. Just because someone else wrote it, I'm supposed to believe it? Nope. You can disagree with that if you want, but that's my personal choice, not some ungodly sign that I'm anti-intellectual.

Having a distrust for textbooks isn't what is making you seem paranoid. Having an ignorant distrust for textbooks because someone other than you wrote it is paranoia and anti-intellectual.
edit on 10-6-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
they dont accept that she can think there is another hidden truth behind the false truth.

It is called "what if..." you USA have seriously retarded schools... they dont want you to learn, stick to the problem and stay dumb resume it all.

I live in canada and when someone bring such conversation during a class we debate the pro and con, even when I was young in catholic class, # i hated those...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

this is a happy poem -

With a sarcastic dig at the teacher.

so if i wrote you a poem-

dear phagey wagey,
i like to eat fried potagies,
get well soon,
got some gardening to do,
we miss you.

how does "got some gardening to do" mean i intend a sarcastic dig at you?

im not saying its NOT, but even if it WAS... it doesn't deserve punishment at all.

what she said was like saying to someone- "well, im going to go make a sandwich."

and anyways, she send the teacher a get well card, it looks like she meant good.

i highly doubt she likes her teacher anymore after getting suspended for wishing her well.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Pfffft. I will not be lead by blind faith, I will question everything. That's not ignorant.

I'm sorry you're unable to see it that way, but unless something, be it a textbook, teacher, president or salesman, gives me a reason to trust what they say, I won't. That's the opposite of ignorance.

Ignorance is taking things at face value... like the words of a textbook.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Nah. Not this time, anyway

Thought it was a suitable comeback though

link   

Originally posted by mainidh
reply to post by Bixxi3

I just hope we don't have another case of someone who thinks they've worked out the world by age 15, develops functional inability within society, withdraws from society and continues to seethe at all the perceived injustice and their inability to cope with or deal with it, and turns on society . . . .

No kidding.

My 18 year old grandson knew for years I was on ATS and some of the things I was interested in. Other then telling him - - things are not always as they seem - - I told him this is your youth - your teen years. Enjoy it for what it is.

My 12 year old granddaughter I am raising asks questions. I try to keep them in the context of "questioning". It is good to question. But - - I also tell her "you are 12. You will be 12 until you are 13. When you are 13 - you will be 13 for the entire year.

In my experience we all have levels of growth we need to accomplish - - before moving into areas before we are ready for them.

link   

reply to post by hadriana

It's not like she'll try to get into college and there will be a big red flag "THIS KID GOT SUSPENDED WHEN SHE WAS 10" on the front of her folder

You never heard of Your Permanent Record..cord...cord?

Yeah, but I got to have a look at mine after I grew up at the BOE, and all that was in it were some test results from elementary school, and my end of class - not interim- HS grades, and more information about my parents than me really. Not even a report card, just a ledger sheet with not a thing on it but my HIGHSCHOOL grades.
I got suspended for 2 weeks in HS (I was a bad girl) but that wasn't even in there.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska
not sure if trolling, or serious, but whatever.

A moment ago you said that trolololo'ing was a good thing for the sister.

And now it's a bad thing.

Not sure if serious.... or....

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Nah. Not this time, anyway

Thought it was a suitable comeback though

oh cool ok.

well, im just saying its not a good idea to say stuff like that, because some random federal meanie could suddenly jump out of his own booty and say HEY U MAKE THREAT

and send u away!!

i care about you because you made me happy that you question everything!

*hugs*

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Your poem means nothing to me because there is no personal context to it.
The sister and the teacher on the other hand...

edit on 6/10/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

reply to post by hadriana

It's not like she'll try to get into college and there will be a big red flag "THIS KID GOT SUSPENDED WHEN SHE WAS 10" on the front of her folder

You never heard of Your Permanent Record..cord...cord?

I don't often agree with you, but on this I do. It's just so darn rare...I couldn't hold it in.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska
not sure if trolling, or serious, but whatever.

A moment ago you said that trolololo'ing was a good thing for the sister.

And now it's a bad thing.

Not sure if serious.... or....

well that guy said she was getting a day off, so i joked saying she is a good trololo for getting the day off haha

other reply, i meant to make other point.

peace.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Personal context? It's personal to you that my sister wrote that poem?

Boo--freakin--hoooo.

I don't know how that could have possibly offended you, but I already replied you your little "shame on you, how dare you not believe in Christmas and fairies and unicorns" type thread, and you haven't responded, so it's obviously not that much of a personal matter to you.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

I worry that you are taking the words of conspiracy theorists at face value because you find them more legitimate as they go against the norm. I applaud you for having a critical mind and questioning things, but be careful with your trust. It's good to teach young people to be critical of what they are taught, but she really seems a bit young to be teaching conspiracy theories.

Soymilk? I thought you were a guy too. I'm usually pretty good at guessing gender online.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

Pfffft. I will not be lead by blind faith, I will question everything. That's not ignorant.

I'm sorry you're unable to see it that way, but unless something, be it a textbook, teacher, president or salesman, gives me a reason to trust what they say, I won't. That's the opposite of ignorance.

Ignorance is taking things at face value... like the words of a textbook.

So, you wouldn't be someone that has blind faith in a text like say.. the Bible?

link   

link   

I care about you too, because you're a rare kind of person... one who actually embraces free thinking and non-ignorant "How dare you march out of line from the drones of society" thinking.

**Hugz**

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

I worry that you are taking the words of conspiracy theorists at face value because you find them more legitimate as they go against the norm. I applaud you for having a critical mind and questioning things, but be careful with your trust. It's good to teach young people to be critical of what they are taught, but she really seems a bit young to be teaching conspiracy theories.

Soymilk? I thought you were a guy too. I'm usually pretty good at guessing gender online.

ehh? oh you just don't get it rofl.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas

phage is a govt propagandist.Look at his posts.They make it clear.

hmmm, sometimes phage says cool stuff, but in this thread is does kinnnndda sound like his is a gov dis info agent.

but whatever, i don't know phage.

peace.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join