It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My little sister gets suspended for conspiracy theorizing...?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Still it's good that the OP made her think and open-minded. "Open-Mindedness" is not as easy to come by this day in age with most of the people riding the status quo, for now I think you should at least tell her to limit what she tells others of certain topics similar to that.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Labdarex
Still it's good that the OP made her think and open-minded. "Open-Mindedness" is not as easy to come by this day in age with most of the people riding the status quo, for now I think you should at least tell her to limit what she tells others of certain topics similar to that.

Oh yes, very open minded. In a "Christian" sort of way.

We can argue this all day, but it states plainly in the scripture not to mesh religions, and that includes religious customs... especially ones that portray to the worship of the sun, the moon, and the earth, which is also directly against the Bible.

I'm not making it evil by calling out it's origins. I'm just making it's evil known.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 6/10/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Why come to a conclusion about it at all in that case?

As far as I'm concerned the suspension is secondary to the situation anyway. What we do know is that the sister is being "instructed" by her older sister in a manner which produces (by the older sister's admission) an undesirable result.

i don't think you understand, sorry about my clarity.

i think the fact that OP's sister got suspended is not secondary as an issue, but a much more important issue, its the main problem, and she should have never been suspended.

i think OP is right, OP's sister is in the right.

i think the teacher is a bad teacher.

i think the school is bad.

those are my thoughts, based upon what i have read in this thread.

ok?

peace.
edit on 10-6-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I'm glad that you taught your little sister to be open minded. We need more open minded youth in order to take down the system and to know the truth about who we are and where we're headed. That teacher is retarded and maybe the flu was simply karma coming to get her ten fold for being ignorant. It is sad though that your little sister paid the price for it as well. =0( Hopefully a lawsuit will be slapped on that school in the future if they try to suppress anybody else's personal beliefs...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

It's only natural for the ignorant to fear the wise.

Oh my. What does the Bible say about arrogance?

gosh mr.phage, but you seem to be viciously attacking everybody in this thread!

why are you in such a bad mood?

peace.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Destr0yAllYuppies

Calling someone retarded is being open minded, is it?

I think a lot of people haven't a clue as to what being open minded truly means...

Hint: Being against "the system" isn't being open minded, it's as close minded as believing in the system entirely.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
What does "Conspiracy's to do, so ill see you" mean...?

it seems to mean that she will see her teacher when she gets better and returns to school.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

I count one toward which my posts might be considered an attack. And that didn't start until some little details started to emerge.

Do you consider questions to be an attack?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Ignorant people fear wise people, always have.

Fear for your sister was expressed. Not fear of her.
So is it you, who are "instructing" her, the one who is wise? That seems to be what you meant.

phage, seriously?

are you saying OP made her sister do evil stuff?

i don't personally think thats the case at all.

honestly phage your getting really mean.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

No.
I'm saying that it sounds like the OP considers herself wiser than the rest of us.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

The reason that normal watermelon seeds from Wal-Mart watermelons don't grow new plants is because they've been separated from the live plant for too long without being dehydrated. It's kind of like why eggs from the carton won't hatch.

Please don't "instruct" your sister in biology. But it might be a good idea if you learn something about fertility yourself...even though it may be evil.
Oh wait. That might require a textbook.

OP is talking about watermelons and your insulting her by telling her to not teach her sister??

dude.

phage stop.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by titzycronulla

I ask you this, would you really want some one you love or care about, to carry this burden? Ignorance is bliss my friend.

i know what you mean.

but the bliss that comes with ignorance is short lived.

everybody needs to know everything there is, so they can stop all this evil and actually live freely, without ignorance, and perhaps with a little bit of newly earned calm and less worry.

imagine if you didn't have to worry about the fluoride in the water, because they just stopped adding it.

imagine the massive load off everyone's shoulders if they didn't have to worry about so many things that are constantly forced upon them?

peace.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Labdarex

Oh yes, very open minded. In a "Christian" sort of way.

We can argue this all day, but it states plainly in the scripture not to mesh religions, and that includes religious customs... especially ones that portray to the worship of the sun, the moon, and the earth, which is also directly against the Bible.

I'm not making it evil by calling out it's origins. I'm just making it's evil known.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

in a christian sort of way?

what are you talking about?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

I count one toward which my posts might be considered an attack. And that didn't start until some little details started to emerge.

Do you consider questions to be an attack?

i don't know what your talking about, but my answer to your question is yes.

i do think questions can be used as attacks, or even harassment.

the paparazzi like to do that type of stuff, from what i have seen on t.v.

peace.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

No.
I'm saying that it sounds like the OP considers herself wiser than the rest of us.

i didn't really take it that way, but OP is in a very defensive position right now, with everyone telling her she is crazy, or accusing her of things, or saying she has the story wrong, its basically a war in a thread.

its kind of tough to just say what you want to say when anybody can just take your words apart and send them back all mixed up/ out of context/ just plain misconstrued...

all i see is that OP posted a story of what happened, and shared her strong opinions, and everyone is sharing theirs in turn, but they are angry.

i like OP and the story makes me sad.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Why not just tell your sister that there are several kinds of people on this earth, instead of indoctrinating her with your conclusions? Let her come to her own conclusions and if they are different, maybe you can learn from her instead of the other way around. You're way less wrong than any religious parent stuffing a child's head full of fear - but be more cautious. You should want the best for your siblings, so that they may take full advantage of their life. You shouldn't want the same for them as you would want for yourself, we are not all equal but deserve equal opportunities.

And ALWAYS teach your sisters and brothers to respect teachers and parents, it's the best thing for them in the long run.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

its kind of tough to just say what you want to say when anybody can just take your words apart and send them back all mixed up/ out of context/ just plain misconstrued..

Consider it a lesson in clearly expressing oneself.
She ain't caught half of what I do.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

Originally posted by dayve
What does "Conspiracy's to do, so ill see you" mean...?

it seems to mean that she will see her teacher when she gets better and returns to school.

If the teacher aready warned her about that stuff before, and the kid knew it would piss off the teacher, maybe next time she'll think twice before writing crap like that on a get well card...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

in a christian sort of way?

Read what she wrote in the post I linked. Is that "open minded"?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

OP is talking about watermelons and your insulting her by telling her to not teach her sister??

She's talking about sterile seeds and unfertilized chicken eggs. She's wrong about both. It has nothing to do with what she says. I hope she isn't spreading that ignorance and it makes me wonder what else she's "teaching" her sister.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join