It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumored USS Enterprise Attack= FALSE

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

Short answer YES. Long answer YES.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
That would NEVER happen.

I am sure there is a Navy expert who will vouch for this but there are multiple ships around a Carrier with very ADVANCED equipment to make sure this WOULD NEVER HAPPEN.

Remember: ADVANCED equipment was no match against a couple of box cutters at the Pentagon on 911...

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Shocking! You're saying a fear mongering claim on ATS turned out to be BS?? Unbelievable..

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I damn well hope this is just a hoax but......

this just appeared through an alternative news source and it can't be confirmed either way.....

possible attack of the USS Enterprise:

www.setyoufreenews.com...

May I also add, there have been some strange sightings of some unusual things over Israel the same time of the ALLEGED attack; keeping in mind this alleged attack was the same date as the USS Liberty.
edit on 9-6-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

The problem here are two things really.

1.) If the Carrier were attacked the US would have retaliated massively against said attackers country of origin. There would be reports of civilian deaths and about the destruction of certain strategic locations by the country being attacked. : Great PR and Propaganda against the US.

2.) Most likely it would have been Iran who would have attacked in this scenario. They would have plastered news of this all over the place : Great PR and Propaganda for their supporter etc.

We haven't seen nor heard either.

edit on 9-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I agree, I'm only taking this article strickly as rumour only and I'm hoping it just did'nt happen. I do know this is the last voyage of the USS Enterprise and if anything happens to it (touch wood) it's going to make alot of people really suspecious including myself. Over 4,000 navymen aboard......fingers crossed they are all safe!

Now about the spiral thingys over Israel in the past 24+ hours.......they're not UFOs as some allege. Something militarily is going on over there........

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I hear ya.

False flag scenario and all that. It does raise ratings in certain media outlets to discuss such possibilities. Just like when people come upon an auto accident people will slow down and rubber neck out of a macabre fascination. As you may know a few months back there were a few threads here at ATS discussing a potential false flag attack of the Enterprise while being on it's last voyage etc.

So I consider this nothing more than the simple rehashing of that semi-viral rumor

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The source of the brouhaha.

A sailor from Gulfport was found dead in his berthing compartment aboard the aircraft carrier U.S.S. Enterprise in the Middle East on Friday morning, according to a ship spokeswoman.

www2.tbo.com...

The "telephone game" at work over the internet. Ain't it grand?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I thought someone else posted that the Enterprise went through the Strait a few days ago? Did it go back through?

Its online schdule only says that it left the Persian gulf on 5th June to begin its return to Norfolk Va where it will be decomissioned later this year.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SrWingCommander
Kitty Hawk was designated CVA/CV because it was an attack carrier (they were playing around with the abbreviations in the early 70's). Kitty Hawk was conventionally powered so she would never have been a CVN (the N being for nuclear powered). She is decommissioned, but I beleive in a "reserve" status in the event she is needed.

Yeah, I know. I was just trying to puzzle out the significance of this 2005 letter about a vision. At the time there were only two conventional (CV) carriers in service, the Kennedy and the Kitty Hawk. All the rest were CVNs. So an army officer's use of CVA was pretty specific, if outdated. However, the Kitty Hawk was at that time forward deployed to Japan, so in hindsite it makes sense that this vision was about that ship, which was in the area at the time. Of course, this vision didn't happen, so you could make a comparison between all the prophecies of a false flag incident involving the Enterprise, which, IMO, won't happen either. Given the other stuff this army officer said, I think he's a bit daft and enamored with religious beliefs. It's an interesting sidebar, but I think not relevant to today's scenario.

BTW, I'm not one who shares the belief that a Carrier Strike Group is invincible. They are certainly formidable and do have extensive defensive capabilities, but foreign Navies such as Russia, China, and probably also India have given some serious thought on how to take one out. Personally, I suspect an ICBM and an airborne nuke would probably do the trick.

The single casualty aboard the Enterprise was a 47 year old Master Chief working in supply, apparently very well-liked by everyone. He would probably have retired after this deployment. That sucks.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I suspect an ICBM and an airborne nuke would probably do the trick.

Yup. But that's cheating.
I found (in playing Harpoon) that a flight of Backfires armed with Sunburns could do the trick (with sufficient softening beforehand).

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I have now heard from an official source directly involved with the ship that the rumor of the USS Enterprise getting attacked is total BS.

The End #2.

Don't believe anything you hear on the internet...Before it gets vetted at ATS, that is.

:shk:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Some people on here are forgetting to take there medication.....I don't!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I read every single page of the original thread until it FINALLY said on page 12 it was a hoax. I must admit...it's been a while since I read every page of a long thread like that on ATS. With that said, it was a good read and was almost like reading a book so I am glad to hear everything is ok.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
A couple of years ago a Chinese Diesel Electric sub popped up 5 miles(well inside torpedo and anti-ship missile range) from a US carrier group unannounced and unexpected.
www.washingtontimes.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Song subs are quiet and numerous. They are two generations behind their newest subs.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 9-6-2012 by NoRemorse762 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRemorse762

During normal non-combat operation the carrier fleet doesn't run anti-sub operations. They don't deploy sona-buoys all over the ocean, they don't fully utilize the "good" sonar (for the sake of the poor whales running aground).

It is said that even in the late '80s that U.S. carriers could "hear" the big Soviet attack subs (I forget the name, but most people would recognize it) from hundreds of miles away.

A carrier group certainly isn't invincible. I expect it would take a pretty large aircraft deployment to do in a carrier, though. That is barring a missile strike using some new gadgetry. Chinas famous new missile (never tested) is scary.

There are two kinds of weapons systems. Narrow spectrum and wide spectrum. A tank or ship is a wide spectrum system. A missile is narrow spectrum. No narrow spectrum system has ever made a wide spectrum system too vulnerable to not dominate. The torpedo did not end ships. The anti tank missile did not end tanks, the anti aircraft missile did not end jets, and the anti ship missile will not end carriers. The wide spectrum weapon has flexibility ( tactical, operational, and modification) to overcome the seemingly devastating lethality of the narrow eapon.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
it would be nice too see a Msgt. Recieve a Purple heart,, if it was in Combat, duties,,

just a thought,, and why the internet watch's.

And too the Master Sargents wife and family,, ATS salutes u no matter why.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Of course the Enterprise wasn't attacked. It would have been suicide. United States Ships with that name are indestructible.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

If it was USS Miami there would be a zombie outbreak...can you imagine the activity on ATS if that were the case...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join