It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumored USS Enterprise Attack= FALSE

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The Navy's own twitter channel just tweeted this:

From U.S. Fifth Fleet--USS Enterprise completed a routine, nonthreatening, transit of the Strait of Hormuz.

twitter.com...

THE END.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Probably just a vacuum cleaner issue
oh wait this is not the USS Miami fire thread

edit on 6/8/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Awesome.

Good to hear it was just a rumor.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Shhh... it wasn't a vacuum this time.
It was a hair dryer.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
of course it's false. the enterprise would anticipate an attack from sea, hours before.

and on land, there are military satellites and such that would warn of an attack, again likely hour(s)+ before

no ones crazy enough to attack that thing except maybe the US lol

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Since this is a conspiracy site and all..

Now this has me thinking. Why would sailors text their wives these rumors? Could it have been an operation to see how the American public would spread info/react to said rumors? Were the sailors instructed to do this? Hmmm...
edit on 8-6-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I thought someone else posted that the Enterprise went through the Strait a few days ago? Did it go back through?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

That means they are on the south side of the strait, headed into open ocean.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
It happened, will update with proof in a second.

EDIT:

Here we go, sorry about the wait.

edit on 8-6-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Ahhh...

Come on.
The HOAX thread was great. All the cool kids were participating in the hysteria.

Glad it was a HOAX

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

1... Ok a second has passed. Let's see it!
This has been a rollercoaster ride...

EDIT:

EDIT:

Here we go, sorry about the wait.

edit on 8-6-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

There we go, and it ended with a bang.

edit on 8-6-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Done and done.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Re-posting this for the benefit of our Navy or ex-Navy such as myself who may come across this post, notice at the bottom: "The loss of life was great":

U.S. Navy Carrier Task Force Destroyed

TO: General Richard Meyers, Chairman, the Joint Chiefs of Staff
Subject: Predicted Destruction of a US Navy Carrier Task Force

General, I have a friend who, during the nine years I have known him, has never been wrong on any “prediction” he has made. This includes the Dow-Jones “bottom-out” of 2002; and the rise of “per-barrel” oil prices, to the very dollar amount(s) this year!

Some days ago my friend was given a Holy Ghost vision of a US Navy Carrier Task Force, consisting of fifteen ships and three subs, being attacked by Chinese (PRC) forces.

Suddenly the carrier, which was in the center of the formation, was hit on the port side. A huge hole opened and the carrier then “slowed and shuddered to a stop.” Before any planes could be launched it rolled 30 degrees to port, casting all aircraft into the ocean. It then rolled to 90 degrees and capsized; all in a matter of a few minutes.

At that point the entire formation was struck by missiles, each ship being hit; including “two [SSN] submarines”, which were operating submerged on the flanks of the CVA. The ships were sunk by “air-to-surface” missiles, whereas the subs were sunk with “air-to-subsurface” devices. I suspect the missile which hit CVA had a “nuke tip.” Be advised the “bait” will be an incident with Taiwan; and the Russians and the North Koreans shall be, in some manner, involved in the scenario.

The entire formation was sunk; not one element/unit surviving. The loss of life was great.

Source:
U.S. Navy Carrier Task Force Destroyed
Scribd - Vision of Nuclear Attack

BTW this has been confirmed now by many others who are seeing dreams and visions of the exact same thing, Dr. Owuor and a woman named Ruby who created the video below:

edit on 8-6-2012 by Murgatroid because: Added link

link   
www.standupamericaus.org...

As of 5pm, CentCom has neither denied or confirmed the reports and pledges to update when further information is available. UPDATE 5:25 EST - US Navy released: From U.S. Fifth Fleet--USS Enterprise completed a routine, nonthreatening, transit of the Strait of Hormuz. No date confirmation.

link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Done and done.

I rarely post, but that was pretty funny boncho, you're a funny man.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The Enterprise was in the news for being involved in the battle of Midway June 4th to 7th and this is the anniversary of the spy ship Liberty attack. Also we have threads on ATS that speculated the Enterprise would be retired in a false flag event.

Could have been some deliberate disinfo sent via twitter to see how ATS would respond today. We don't need the community discredited by what might appear to be trollish threads, even if there is transparency.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Glad of hoax but was concerned.1:not easy attacking a US carrier without having their country flattened.2:A"friend told me"doesn't work here at ATS for obvious reasons.
edit on 8-6-2012 by AgentX09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
As an aside, I did like to read about the specs of the ships in the navy, including the top speed of an aircraft carrier. Also, the video of the speed test? WOW! I for one would love to see such a huge ship go flying past at 70+ mph!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Perhaps you posted this because it is so similar to the Enterprise hoax. Once again, the oldest carrier in the fleet was subject to this attack by the Chinese, which never happened. The letter's author is a retired army officer who had a friend who had a "Holy Ghost vision." He also said this at your link:

P.S. The expected destruction of Florida by apocalyptic cyclones has also been prophesied by the same man; and confirmed by several others. Be advised that Hebrew University professors, using the HBC, predicted all 39 Scud missile strikes on Jerusalem in the Gulf War; thus, only one person died [of a heart attack] because he was too stubborn to evacuate his apartment, as IDF-ordered. I also know by prophetic revelation that New World Order operatives shall strike a major US landmark; and deduced logic says the “militia” may be blamed so a UN-cops-run “gun collection” scenario can begin.

He also references a "CVA" and suggests it is the USS Kitty Hawk, which was decommissioned in 2009. That's within the time frame of this now somewhat dated letter, but for the record, the Kitty Hawk was designated a "CV" in 1973. Perhaps that's a minor mistake coming from a retired Army officer, but it seems to me anyone writing generically about our carrier fleet would use the "CVN" designation.

In any case, I don't hold much stock in Holy Ghost visions and trust this is here for entertainment purposes.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I can just see how a situation like this might go down on the Enterprise...

A crewman runs onto the bridge.
Crewman: "Captain, we've been attacked! They've killed 17 of the crew, and we're sinking fast!"
Captain: "Where did you hear this?"
Crewman: "It's all over twitter, sir."

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join