It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumored USS Enterprise Attack= FALSE

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

I can just see how a situation like this might go down on the Enterprise...

Scotty: I've giv'n her all she's got captain, an' I canna give her no more.

Oh...wait...never mind.
edit on 6/8/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Someone needs to put that caption under a cartoon!!

Top notch..

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
It's interesting to see Gene Vallee still posting that this attack took place... Did he not read the update on his own links? or does he not believe the navy twitter or something? I'm confused.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cauliflower
The Enterprise was in the news for being involved in the battle of Midway June 4th to 7th and this is the anniversary of the spy ship Liberty attack. Also we have threads on ATS that speculated the Enterprise would be retired in a false flag event.

The USS Enterprise, CV-6, commissioned in 1938, decommissioned in 1947, was involved in the Battle of Midway.

The USS Enterprise, CVN-65, commissioned in 1961, is on its last deployment to the Persian Gulf.

There is a petition out to name the CVN-80, due in 2024, the USS Enterprise.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This guy is still convinced.........

Gene Vallee

Apparently confidential military sources have confirmed it however i still am leaning towards BS

edit on 8-6-2012 by Ph03n1x because: typo

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Its a good guess the original hoaxer usedthe anniversary of the Liberty attack as the lure.Sick bastard.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
someone posted this on the guy's Facebook.

One is that somewhere false information was leaked in an effort to discover the source of other leaks, and that does seem to be a White House problem at the moment. Another is that this is a false flag gone awry. Maybe if pulled off successfully, it could have diverted attention away from the Fast and Furious Congressional proceedings that are taking place right now. If there are damage control people in high places at work in this, some high profile gov't agencies may be taken out of the loop temporarily. Creative reporting seems to dominate the information highway more than ever before. Public opinion is becoming increasingly less important, but for now anyway, it still matters so, to those with a sinister agenda, secrecy is still needful. It is entirely possible that something happened that will never be reported. Or that nothing happened at all. Oh, the possibilities.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
i just came across this......is this an unusual occurrence?

source

i still have no credible sources so this is still in th BS pile

edit on 8-6-2012 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

UPDATE: i did notice this was dated april i just wanted to know if it is unusual for the Lincoln and enterprise to be in the same region?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph03n1x

they sent the Lincoln afterwards.... but not when you think... that is all I can say.

we're trying to provoke Iran.
make no mistake about that.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
www.standupamericaus.org...

UPDATE 7:30 EST - SUA has been unable to secure further official military responses to date. Until further information is available, we stand by our original sources, however we are going to table the story at this time. We invite any official contributions pro and con. For the sake of our troops in the field and our national security, we hope this was a mis-interpretation of a naval event as reported by individuals in theater.

I just hope the navy twitter is right !

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by novemberecho
reply to post by Ph03n1x

they sent the Lincoln afterwards.... but not when you think... that is all I can say.

we're trying to provoke Iran.
make no mistake about that.

''all you can say''

that sounds ominous.... do you have insider info?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph03n1x

I'd tell you but I'd have to kill you

my "uncle" was involved in the Lincoln thing.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ph03n1x
i just came across this......is this an unusual occurrence?

source

i still have no credible sources so this is still in th BS pile

UPDATE: i did notice this was dated april i just wanted to know if it is unusual for the Lincoln and enterprise to be in the same region?

It is completely normal in every respect. The DOD has a policy of "two carriers in the Gulf 75% of the time" which has been on force for several years now. The Lincoln arrived in January. The Enterprise arrived in March. Deployments are usually about 7 months port to port before they run out of Diet Coke, but things change based on the needs of the service.

In this case the oddities are that a) This is the Enterprise's last deployment, and b) After this deployment the Lincoln will be moved to the East Coast to be refueled, a process that takes several years. The Lincoln has been home ported in Everett, Washington for several years, so the Navy is playing musical ships while at the same time moving 60% of its ships to the West coast.

Mark my word that when the Lincoln is about to leave, probably next month, a relief carrier will be sent there first, and there will be multiple threads on ATS claiming an "escalation" is in progress. Also, since both carriers will head home through the Med, we'll have some "Carriers are off Syria!" hysteria as well. Fun times ahead.

Addendum: Just for the record, we've often gotten into definition wars here on what constitutes a carrier. We also always have at least one "Amphibious Ready Group" in the Gulf area. The main ship here is a 'baby' carrier that supports a bunch of Marines, Harrier jets, and helos. The Navy calls them LHD's for "Landing Helicopter Docks." They displace 40,000 tons or so compared to a CVN at 100,000. A Navy person would never call those "carriers," but they kind of look like one and are as big as WW II-era carriers, so once in awhile we have someone claim we have "3 carriers in the Gulf!" (which is supposed to be a magic number) when, in fact, we have the usual two CVNs and an LHD.
edit on 6/8/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Thank you that is exactly the info i was looking for.....

i am sure you are correct with your prediction....only time will tell

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
another update with no info .. what a waste of time

www.standupamericaus.org...

UPDATE 11:00 PM EST - Since the news was reported earlier this afternoon, and certainly since our last update, the influx of information has been unprecedented. We cannot possibly vet it all now, but we are working on it. When we can thoroughly vet the input as we did earlier, we will inform you. Please, send us what you have, or tweet your findings, pro and con. Its about our security and that of our warriors in theater. Uncover the truth....our sole goal.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
reply to post by Murgatroid

Perhaps you posted this because it is so similar to the Enterprise hoax. Once again, the oldest carrier in the fleet was subject to this attack by the Chinese, which never happened. The letter's author is a retired army officer who had a friend who had a "Holy Ghost vision." He also said this at your link:

P.S. The expected destruction of Florida by apocalyptic cyclones has also been prophesied by the same man; and confirmed by several others. Be advised that Hebrew University professors, using the HBC, predicted all 39 Scud missile strikes on Jerusalem in the Gulf War; thus, only one person died [of a heart attack] because he was too stubborn to evacuate his apartment, as IDF-ordered. I also know by prophetic revelation that New World Order operatives shall strike a major US landmark; and deduced logic says the “militia” may be blamed so a UN-cops-run “gun collection” scenario can begin.

He also references a "CVA" and suggests it is the USS Kitty Hawk, which was decommissioned in 2009. That's within the time frame of this now somewhat dated letter, but for the record, the Kitty Hawk was designated a "CV" in 1973. Perhaps that's a minor mistake coming from a retired Army officer, but it seems to me anyone writing generically about our carrier fleet would use the "CVN" designation.

In any case, I don't hold much stock in Holy Ghost visions and trust this is here for entertainment purposes.

Kitty Hawk was designated CVA/CV because it was an attack carrier (they were playing around with the abbreviations in the early 70's). Kitty Hawk was conventionally powered so she would never have been a CVN (the N being for nuclear powered). She is decommissioned, but I beleive in a "reserve" status in the event she is needed.

Your other post on the carriers numbers was spot on, took the words right out of my mouth.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Steady there boncho ! I had a flippant remark about the Enterprise being under attack from either the Klingons or the Borg removed, earlier ! Someone had no sense of humour....

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
it's done it a few times i the last several years I believe

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Ill admit, I read the whole damn thread. But, one thing caught my eye "Carrier attacked". That would NEVER happen.

I am sure there is a Navy expert who will vouch for this but there are multiple ships around a Carrier with very ADVANCED equipment to make sure this WOULD NEVER HAPPEN.

Unless it were ALIENS!!!!!

Fake from the Second Post. Funny as hell though and I am wondering what happened to the OP who posted that thread.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
The Navy's own twitter channel just tweeted this:

Why would the Navy have a twitter account?

Is the entire world a reality TV show now?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join