It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NUCLEAR RADIATION EVENT in South Bend Indiana USA + Call to NRC Hotline

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Thanks for clarifying my so called "fear mongering", but, I said nothing to the extent the nuclear power plants will blow up killing millions. Believing something has a sinister purpose is just my opinion, not fearmongering.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Do you find it odd that nearby at the same time there WAS an incident?

No.

inside the reactor containment building

If it was, "inside the local grocery store" I might change my mind...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

I live on the west side of indianapolis, about 2 or 3 hours south of South Bend, can't find anything about this.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by kat2684
Nuclear power plants, are just that, plants. They are designed to last only 40 years. I'm sure there will be some agenda involving them, Fukashima was built on a fault line, is that smart? Of course not, unless you want them to meltdown. Alex Jones already had callers saying people are doing drills in Hazmat suites, on man claimed to be a police officer, and witnessed it. Sick things are unfolding in incriments, I'm sure if this plant starts melting down, its by design.

Fukashima survived the quake, it was the tsunami that did it in. So to clarify in your fear mongering, you should highlight the fact it was built next to the ocean rather than on a fault line.

Why is it when citizens take charge of looking to protect their own safety instead of relying on reports by people with a clear reason for falsifying reports and having done so in the past, that there is someone calling FEAR MONGERING?

What is it you want, everyone to sit around and let their brains rot while their government tells them every little thing they know?
WHY is it that it is fear mongering to THINK and use peoples own brains to CHECK and be sure there is no problem they may need to take action on? We are the people! we are not logs!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
i went to a skatepark up in michigan city indiana next to the sand dune Mt. Baldy and the michigan sea.. and the last time i was there i remember exactly right across the street from the skatepark sat a nuclear power plant. i felt weird all day as i was skating less than 100 ft away from something of such power. but i saw that somebody had said indiana doesn't have any power plants so i thought that i might add my 2 cents.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Thanks for clarifying my so called "fear mongering", but, I said nothing to the extent the nuclear power plants will blow up killing millions. Believing something has a sinister purpose is just my opinion, not fearmongering.

Or a delusion.

If you are doing it willfully, with insight on the matter, it's fearmongering. But of course, if you are ignorant on the matter, there is nothing wrong with admitting so.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Or a delusion.

If you are doing it willfully, with insight on the matter, it's fearmongering. But of course, if you are ignorant on the matter, there is nothing wrong with admitting so.

Thank god we have wise owls like you on here to let us know who is ignorant and who is not. Praise be!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

WHY is it that it is fear mongering to THINK and use peoples own brains to CHECK and be sure there is no problem they may need to take action on? We are the people! we are not logs!

Just about everyone who has jumped on the anti-nuclear bandwagon since Fukashima are just a bunch of followers being manipulated by the anti-nuclear lobby.

I made a thread about it here.

Thread pointing out some of it here.

Info-graphic here

But yes, tell us again how you're all not "logs" just fighting to be manipulated, i mean, not manipulated... Umm. Whatever...

Taking charge, yea?
edit on 7-6-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
is this the radiation from fukushima ?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I hope the info you posted and linked to is the actual problem and nothing to do withthe other issue others are talking about.

I'm just glad you lot are on this... just in case..

Never hurts to be that little bit extra careful and vigilant.

We have all learnt not to completely trust TPTB or the MSM so individuals doing their own checking and observations can only be a good thing.. but, like many and even those with top of the range kit, can get it wrong once in a while..

I do hope that the issue is a non-issue and you're all safe..

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Ok, maybe I am ignorant to the matter, I'm sure the Japanese must be living in some delusional fantasy about now. I'm offering my opinion, again just an opinion.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

reply to post by boncho

Or a delusion.

Thank god we have wise owls like you on here to let us know who is ignorant and who is not. Praise be!

Saying that person is ignorant is not a dig, they basically admitted their position.

Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular

Link

During the March 11 earth­quake Units 1, 2 and 3 of the Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant shut down auto­mat­ic­ally. Diesel gen­er­ators kicked in to run the backup cooling system and extract excess heat from the core. Unfor­tu­nately, these gen­er­ators were damaged by the sub­sequent tsunami and failed about an hour after the ‘quake struck

edit on 7-6-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
These sites all have different number for the same spots. They are not accurate.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I actually work for Indiana michigan power and am at work now. I haven't heard anything unusual today, or this week for that matter. At least about a plant incident. Let me do some inner office checking and ill post back if i hear anything.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Boncho, I'm skeptical of nuclear power plants, because you can stop them from producing electricity, but when you seperate the fuel rods, they definately don't cool overnight. You can't just stop Fukashima from leaking radiation, or just shut it down. I can't predict the future, while Indiana seems safe from natural disasters, who is to say, it can't be a target for something in the future. This world we are living in has got pretty unbelievable over the last decade, you can't just write off the crazy stuff anymore.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Well, here's a link which says nothing more than anything in this thread:

radiationnews.blogspot.com...

It appears to be more 'official' than a blog. Who can say?

We may have a prime example of another false flag. They could just run around carting huge mobile radiation devices from place to place.

The link seems to try to explain away all the irregularities, and has posted times of said explanations.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I didn't see you Mong anything you informed as I want everyone to Charley Mike.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It's nothing more than Notre Dame's athletic program imploding.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Or a delusion.

"Fear mongering (or scaremongering or scare tactics) is the use of fear to influence the opinions and actions of others towards some specific end. The feared object or subject is sometimes exaggerated, and the pattern of fear mongering is usually one of repetition, in order to continuously reinforce the intended effects of this tactic, sometimes in the form of a vicious circle."
en.wikipedia.org...

I am very concerned that so many people get accused of "Fear Mongering" just for expressing their views.

What is the agenda for a person who wants to call people names for sharing their thoughts, insights, questions, or concerns on an adult conversation website? I don't see this listed as the Kiddie section, where we may have to worry about causing a child fear by our responses.

Why is it that so many people want to prohibit other people's responses and thought by call them this name?

I see it over and over.

As far as I can figure the only possible reason would be to stop people from sharing what can be a starting point to their own researching of a subject and make them feel they should just stick their heads in the sand and not think for themselves.

edit on 7-6-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I am in Ft. Wayne, Indiana and haven't heard anything
about this today. We always have the ham radio on
during the day - no mention. Hope it was just a glitch
and nothing more.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join