It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Breaking News* Update From Baltic USO Exploration Team

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Shadow Herder

That's interesting.
A chance that the sonar image from the Baltic is a hoax as well?

I am leaning towards the probability that this may be a hoax. That the sonar image is not even a real side scan sonar image. Maybe I am just cynical and/or jaded after going through the whole "Great Lakes Dive Company" hoax experience six years ago. A lot of this sounds just like they are redoing the same hoax. I find the way they have publicized this and the way they have hyped this on their website to be suspicious. I think if they had found a real anomoly like this, they would probably keep it secret, until they were able to check it out.

But I do want to believe that they are NOT hoaxing, particularly since they seem willing to post real photos of the people involved on their web site. Maybe they really did find "an anomoly" and are honestly mystified. If so, then I am guessing it will probably turn out to be a rather mundane but unusual rock formation, or perhaps some truly unusual wreckage (of human origin).

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Looks like there a new thread up on this, and guess what! ITS A SCAM. Surprise!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 10-6-2012 by Suspicion2112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspicion2112
Looks like there a new thread up on this, and guess what! ITS A SCAM. Surprise!!

It does not indicate it is a scam. It indicates they are trying to make money finding out. The chances of this being a UFO are extraoridnarily remote. These fellows decided to go take a look and decided to try and make some money while doing so. Nothing at all wrong with that. They will tell us what it is they saw while down there and it will be over. If it were a UFO we would know already as they could simply make money off of releasing that information. Now they are just keeping us in suspence as to what it is to make a few extra bucks. Nothing wrong with that either.

They picked up an anomoly on sonar, decided to publisize that it is UFO "like" and decided to go verify what it is while making some money. Would have been cool if it was an old UFO crash but it is not. It is probably just an out of place rock or something like and asteroid impact site.

We will know soon.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspicion2112

Why do people think its a scam because they want to make money out of it. I would want to make money out of it too, and im sure you would too.

Saying that, i still think nothing will come out of this.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Its still trying to pull the wool over people eyes by blatantly advertising the fact and dropping terms like "disc-shaped" and "UFO". They arn't exactly being discreet about it.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
What follows I can only describe as internal memos from Peter Lindberg and Dennis Åsberg concerning this "Anomaly". If you go to the sources the page will(at least they did for me) flash the content and then go to an

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
page. I very quickly hit stop while the page was loading before the redirect and was able to view the content.

The Story
Another anomaly
The StorySkapad av Peter Lindberg tor, augusti 11, 2011 21:31:41

Source: iloapp.oceanexplorer.se...

Another anomaly 2
The StoryPosted by Peter Lindberg Thu, August 11, 2011 21:37:55

Speculations
The StoryPosted by Peter Lindberg Tue, August 09, 2011 22:18:46

Speculations; In the area where we found "it" there is approximately a 4-6 meter thick layer of glacial clay and on top of that a layer of sediment which is about 0,2 meters thick.

Under the layer of glacial clay there is bedrock. At some places in the Baltic and Gulf of Bothnia the bedrock are comming up through the clay and ridges and hill-formations are formed.

The area is in no way thermal active.

An other thing is that this place was under the ice during the ice age which probably means that is not an old volcano crater. A crater should have been flatten out by the ice.

Facts about the size
The StoryPosted by Dennis Åsberg Mon, August 08, 2011 20:57:10

Facts about the size.

This is a reference picture,
of a Boeing 747 in size.

Wing span: 224 ft (68.5 m)
Length: 250 ft (76.3 m)

For media
The StoryPosted by Peter Lindberg Sat, August 06, 2011 09:20:09

I like to make clear that I have not said that I think it is a new Stonehenge, I have said as a metafor that "even if it was a new Stonehenge". I do not know what the circle shaped anomaly can be.

The anomaly is 60 meters (180 feet) across and not just 60 feet. Its about the same as the wing span of a Jumbo jet. The size of the anomaly is one of the reasons why we from the beginning found it a bit odd.

Monitoring of site
The StoryPosted by Peter Lindberg Sat, August 06, 2011 09:10:35

A question that poped up was if we think "it" still left and if we are monitoring the site. Here is my answer:

"We think the anomaly is still there. We have not have had the site monitored due to lack of resources.

We have been approached by different companies and private persons about the funding of a new expedition. We are working with this matter and we hope that we can go out again before mid September"

Not to downgrade them but if this information was meant to be classified they would have better security than a simple redirect given the technology and educated persons working on this project. Granted this does not give us any new information as they are all from August last year. Maybe they did "beef up" security.

edit on 10-6-2012 by Agarta because: Found and added second pic.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Take a look at the following png images which show the sonar scan rotated and resized.

I believe the Ocean Explorer team will find something at this location of major archaeological importance. The anomalous shape in the original image gives the appearance of being artificial, but could the shape be part of something that in ancient times was not under the sea?

.....and a slightly larger view.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Is the circle something that can be salvaged and which contains monetary value? If the circle is a natural resource, the OX team can not guarantee monetary compensation as it’s located within an economic zone.

I am not sure how this is a scam - that right there would indicate it exists. It would be a scam if it was not real. That right there says that it is real, AND they are not sure what it is. Of course they want to generate interest and money from it. Who wouldn't? All these holier-than-thou folks crack me up. If you ran a salvage operation and found something that has possible great value to it, you would absolutely take advantage of it.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Interesting item here:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
This is an update from the ocean explorer's FB group page. Top secret because of the 'risks' ?? The whole thing's starting to smell a bit fishy

edit on 10-6-2012 by frozenP because: add pic

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

reply to post by fleabit

Interesting item here:

Yes.. I replied to that thread Phage. My quote is from one of those emails / documents. That would seem to indicate it is legitimate, yes? Please show me something they found that in any way, indicates it is a scam.

I still think it's something natural, but still... nothing wrong with them checking it out further, and also nothing wrong with trying to drum up interest / money. They can't work for free after all.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That's interesting. A chance that the sonar image from the Baltic is a hoax as well?

Well when you consider that these self confessed "treasure hunters" are also selling limited edition copies of the sonar picture, as well as t-shirts on their website....I'd say this has all the hallmarks of a hoax.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

See the post above yours.
Interesting timing, no?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

See the post above yours.
Interesting timing, no?

So.. they are showboating. What does that have to do with the circle? I think they probably realize themselves it's a natural formation. But I don't think they know for certain - I think it is actually there, I don't think it was a fabricated sonar image. They are just playing this for all the money and support they can muster. I don't see why anyone here would care.. unless you donated a couple grand to their cause.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

reply to post by fleabit

Interesting item here:

Thanks for linking that.

Another crock of pooooooo.... For Sale!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

How did you find out about that?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Well when you consider that these self confessed "treasure hunters" are also selling limited edition copies of the sonar picture, as well as t-shirts on their website....I'd say this has all the hallmarks of a hoax.

Define hoax.

Is the sonar return valid? I think it is. It sounds like it from the very documents supposedly that prove it is a hoax! People have comprehension issues or something, not sure. They said it's real. They go on to say if it's natural, they probably won't benefit from it. They want to generate as much interest as possible. And.. so? Would YOU if you were running that operation? No.. I keep forgetting how everyone here is a bona fide philanthropist, that would donate all their time and money just to get the truth out.

What does their profession of treasure hunter have to do with it? They salvage from sunken wreaks. A viable and imo, pretty cool line of work.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
If they have to raise money, that 'interesting' thing on the bottom much have very little inherent value.

Other than being a seed for a scam.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

They salvage from sunken wreaks.

Do you think doing that comes cheap? They better put my 10 grand to good use!
Oh wait, I won't get any return because I donated to a search for a UFO.
edit on 6/10/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Define hoax.

It is my opinion that they already know what it it is, yet continue to allude to it being something that they know it isn't, whilst all the time making cryptic statements and trying to drum up money through merchandising the whole thing.

That is my definition of a hoax.

As to your point "who cares"......not me certainly, but this is a discussion forum is it not?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join