It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Breaking News* Update From Baltic USO Exploration Team

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

Well that round object isn't round. It has areas that are round but it is an unusual shape and its 65 miles by 46 miles and giving off 60,000 nanoteslas of magnatism. They expect it would be giving off 500 nanoteslas. I think this will be a far more stunning mystery than the Baltic anomoly.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It clearly cannot be the Millenium Falcon...well, unless it somehow crashed @$$End first. :-)

But seriously, I totally agree with those who say if it was anything approaching anything like a ship there's no way TPTB would have allowed it to just sit there after the initial discovery. They'd have had an remote controlled submersible in there ASAP to make sure what it is, strip anything useful or potentially so, then blown it up if there was any chance of it being useful to anyone else.

There is the possibility, however, that it could indeed be some sort of structure built before the Baltic filled in, but obviously after the glaciers retreated as presumably they would have ground it away (if they truly carved the area). The reason I think this might have a chance at being the explanation is the number of underwater structures that have been discovered and actually made it out to the world as news. Some of these structures are debated as being man made or at least modified by man with a primarily natural origin like Yonaguni, others are more definitely man made like Gulf of Khambat and some structures under Lake Titicaca, while others are so deep and presumably so old like the underwater ruins off Cuba that they defy even most unconventional theories of mankinds age despite any potential evidence of artificial construction and usually are surmised to be natural, at least officially, with the vocal minority reminding us it could be more...

In any case, such discoveries appear to be "allowed" if there is indeed a controlling elite behind most mainstream news and science that makes it out to the world at large (and yes, I do believe such a controlling group exists, but always possible I'm just a paranoid conspiracy theorist, which I hope is the case). So, it's either allowed, encouraged for some reason, or a genuine possibility (if the other examples are just regular old scientific discoveries by members of a more or less free world). Either way, has a good chance of being the explanation.

Can't wait to see what they say it is - though of course ideally we'd get to know what it *actually* is. :-)
edit on 8-6-2012 by NewtonDKC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

Originally posted by kevbrownuk
The team seems to be trying to drive public / national / international interest.

One of the crew members posting links to foxnews broadcasts on his facebook page. Seems to me like whatever is down their, they are trying to get a TV show out of it, whether its a documentary on Eden/National Geo or maybe just airtime on talk radio,

Anything to boost the profile and raise cash, hey i would do the exact same thing if i was in their position, After all, since all this has emerged, how much publicity have these guys had.....

these guys are nothing but small time promoters out for money.

Maybe so but it must cost a lot to do what they are doing also.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
To me the statement smells off deception. I personally think they had a serious belief something is down there but after finding out it is no spaceship they have post an unspecific update that will eventually lead to some kind of natural formation. You do not just discover a spaceship and describe the event in a 3sentence post.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
You guys watch too much TV and movies. Don't you know these have been the instruments of your brainwashing since their inception. As I have stated in other posts I am a believer not because if you tube videos or tell tales of drunken Hicks. But because I have common sense and know mathematically speaking we can't be alone in the universe.

There is nothing wrong with hoping but you have to look at the big picture nut just sick your fingers in your ears and say" la la la there are aliens here and the government are going to tell us about them soon because they are the good guys who have our best interest at heart and would never lie or deceive us"

That in my use less opinion is as deluded as it gets. But you know that saying a sucker is born every minute.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It's clearly not a UFO. I mean c'mon.. it was discovered last YEAR. I guarantee if it was a UFO, it would be gone by now. The military of our country won't even let a slightly possibility pass them by.. and I'm sure other countries follow suit. This anomaly has already been visited, probably more than once. Since it's still there, there is no way it's a UFO. Probably a natural formation, although I'm sort of holding out for a man-made structure of some type. Sort of doubt it, but who knows.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I'm sure someone's suggested this already, but I don't feel like reading all 11 pages to find out if they have or not, so I'll say it anyways.

This really feels like a viral marketing campaign. I mean, the teams logo looks too trendy to be a real expedition team, and their website background looks like a picture of their sub checking out the giant underwater disc or whatever it is. And like some people said before, they did the expedition yesterday and were very cryptic in the amount of information they released. No pictures or anything until next week. Not tomorrow, not later that day, next week. I wish this really would be something but I don't think it's going to.

Also...

From the website:

"What we know at this point is its size and shape and we also know, based upon the sonar image, that there is a ridged tail going from or to the cylinder shaped anomaly of about 1 600 feet throughout the bottom of the sea,”

edit on 8/6/2012 by Evan_Dood because: Added the Enterprise!!

edit on 8/6/2012 by Evan_Dood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Mathematically, we ARE alone. Actually, mathematically, we or the universe shouldn't even exist, unless someone just overrode the probabilities.

For any alien species to exist, they must either come from the next dimension, where someone from an even higher dimension allows them to exist, or if they are in this universe, then someone from the next dimension has also allowed them to exist.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

This is just a rehash of a hoax from the Great Lakes Dive Company / Kinross sham. With the whole "updates coming" help, need cash, breaking story in weeks.

www.ufocasebook.com...

Check out this pic, how similar to this USO exp team,

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

That's interesting.
A chance that the sonar image from the Baltic is a hoax as well?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted yet but I wonder if this is what those army blockade rumors might have stemmed from, OR if this exercise really is interfering or perhaps.... just an innocent coincidence...

"Saber Strike Military Exercise Starts in Baltics"

news.err.ee...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogicallySpeaking
Not sure if this has been posted yet

If you had read the thread you would have seen that it had....

OR if this exercise really is interfering or perhaps.... just an innocent coincidence.

It happens every year in the baltic... as you would have know if you had googled "Sabre Strike"

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by np6888

Mathematically, we ARE alone. Actually, mathematically, we or the universe shouldn't even exist, unless someone just overrode the probabilities.

For any alien species to exist, they must either come from the next dimension, where someone from an even higher dimension allows them to exist, or if they are in this universe, then someone from the next dimension has also allowed them to exist.

I beg to differ. If as we suspect we live in a Universe of causality then in order for an action to be made of free choice then all possibilities have to co exist simultaneously. There is no evidence to suggest that the future is fixed. Also according to modern astrophysics there are as far as we know 100 million galaxies counted so far with 100million stars in them maybe more. even if those stars have only 1 planet thats more than enough from a probability point of view for life to randomly exist.

Now take into account the alternate realities of the choices we havent made and the ones we have and there are infinite worlds within worlds.

its statistically impossible for life to NOT exist and in abundance. To think this planet is the only to be teeming and i mean absolutely teeming with a variety of life is idiotic and simpleminded. but again that my biased judgement. go ahead and believe what you want.

remember just because you cant visualize living on the surface of a globe doesnt mean its flat.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I google searched "baltic sea ufo" and stumbled upon this: Baltic Sea Saucer
edit on 9-6-2012 by 7up3345 because: good to go

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
Okay is the background picture on their website from a movie or something?

That'd be crazy if that is what's down there...

I would say that the image you are referring to is a computer generated image based off of the side scan sonar images that we've all seen. The object that they are exploring is sitting between 1600 and 1700 feet deep in the Baltic Sea. There is no way that the visibility would be that good, according to the image the visibility would have to be 500'+ based on the estimated diameter of the object. To give you an idea of diving visibility, the average visibility in the Bahamas is 300' on a great day and that is in the Caribbean Ocean which is very, very clear.

I have dove to 1600'+ in the North Sea and Baltic Sea while working in the oil industry as well as in the Navy and believe me, 50' visibility is a miricle there on most days. The combination of rough seas and strong currents make for rather undesirable visibility.

As far as this entire expedition goes, I find a lot of the information and statements to be questionable. For one thing I have studied the sonar images of the structure quit a lot and have come to the conclusion that the odds of this being a natural formation are astronomically low if not impossible. I have read and seen literally thousands of images and have never seen anything naturally occurring that was even remotely close to this. The symmetry and preciseness of the object is uncanny. I also find the idea of the company saying the divers have surfaced and are amazed to be strange. Why would they be releasing teasers if the had actually found something substantial?

If they in fact did find a craft of some kind it could potentially change the history of the human race, not something to be throughing teasers out about especially considering it would be covered up so deep by TPTB that no one would ever hear about it. I have worked several projects concerning national security while in the Navy and as a commercial diver including the TWA Flight 800 recovery, consulting on the Russian Kursk raising and several others that I shall not mention. They were all kept very quite regarding any findings.

Also these divers would have days of decompression in a chamber after only a couple of hours of working at this depth since they would have reached complete saturation of Nitrogen into their system. The time could vary depending on the gas they are breathing, for example a diver working at 180 meters for 1 hour would have 38 hrs of decompression.

I honestly believe there is more to this story/structure than what we are being told. Only time will tell what the real story is.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Actually, what if it's just a rock formation that was pushed by the glacial rebound that occurred over a several thousand year timespan? That's one of the primary factors that made the Baltic Sea. Why couldn't it also mold the bottom of the sea as the glaciers moved or rebounded?

The last glacial maximum was 20,000 years ago. Growing glaciers move and crush the landscape below them. I think it's plausible that maybe this was caused by something related to this.

But it could be anything... junk, wreckage, sonar distortion, etc.

The last thing I think it's is a spaceship.
edit on 9-6-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
I think Ocean team X know exactly what they have found, and I think it is a rock formation, and I think they know that too.

But what better way to string people along, maybe selling a few more t-shirts or limited edition copies of the original sonar scans from their website, than to say they have found "something unusual"......"but we'll update you next week"

These guys are self proclaimed treasure hunters......well they have certainly hit the mother lode with this little story!

There's also a TV show deal so they're trying to milk the unaware public.

Once we all find out it's something mundane they'll finish the show and still get some people to watch it. In total, they hope to make enough money to pay for hte whole thing.

Honestly, they know what this thing is right now. The reason we're not hearing from them is that they're milking it. What other reason is there, unless they're busy calling leaders all over the world for a historic press converence about the discovery of a ancient spaceship that impacted the glacier 24,800 years ago and somehow came to rest in its present position, buried beneath a layer of silt.
edit on 9-6-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by CigaretteMan
The previous reports of government and military blocking the location are complete bogus. This is the problem with the web, unconfirmed reports get viral and cause disinformation.

Here is an update from the oceanexplorer.se website that GhostTheory news picked up and put out this article.

www.ghosttheory.com...

The Ocean Explorer team reports that indeed they found something unusual.

They have most likely sent down submersibles because at this present time they have vessels parked over the top of this thing. These guys know what they are doing and have tons of experience.

Stay tuned for more updates

2012-06-07

You can also stay updated with current news about the expedition at the following website.

www.oceanexplorer.se...

edit on 7-6-2012 by CigaretteMan because: (no reason given)

I clicked this one because it was the top link, but without following the other links, I have no clue what this is about. Is there a missing first post here? Sorry to post just to complain, but it seems like more and more posts are nothing but links, or you tube videos with no substance to the post.

Of course, people may say I don't have to read it if I don't want to, but I love ATS because I can always get "substance" - more and more lately, it seems like we're just become another "repost/link-to...discuss" site. Apparently, the subject matter is interesting enough to make it the top post, but I'm just whining about how this, like many, tells me absolutely nothing unless I've been part of the internal dialogue of the OP leading up to deciding to open a thread.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by np6888

No, you are incorrect.

Mathematically, Life is EVERYWHERE in the Universe.

The "Balance of Probability" is undeniable.

If Life exists on Earth...(and it does), then it MUST EXIST EVERYWHERE there are similar conditions as Earth.
That is... the Balance of Probability.

Which, as we know, are TRILLIONS of planets.

Consider even the Variety of Life on Earth.
High is our upper atmosphere, down in the ocean depths (pressure cold), near boil hot springs, in dry salt lake that only fill with water every 10 years or so, then miraculously, life in the form of crustaceans hatch.
Trees that live 1000s of years, lungfish that can be dry for years, then come alive with water.
And other things we dont even know of...

That is Life, JUST ON OUR EARTH.

Imagine all the other planets....

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

If you had read the thread you would have seen that it had....

And if the sky was purple, the ocean would be too. Thanks, Captain Obvious, but I didn't feel like reading the entire thread.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join