It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drones "inhumane", dead al Qaeda man's family says

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
and it is also OK to brainwash people to blow themselves up in market places.

The USA thinks so.
USA prints textbooks to support Jihad in Afghanistan and Pakistan

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Yeah it is inhumane to target large groups of people at a funeral and blow them all to smitherines while some ahole sits in Langley with a Xbox controller.

The ENTIRE war in the Middle East is inhumane. How about you talk to the 500 thousand + dead women and children in Iraq and Afghanistan about what's humane about what were doing over there?

Then you can come justify your governments actions.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
HAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAH *falls out of chair*

This is literally like Hitler claiming inhumane tactics in targeting him.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
The game is to win, not an expression of humanity.That is war with America when you hide amongst innocent people. They leave no choice they're in the open and boom,more propaganda.Ugly but true. Attrition warfare ,strike the enemy as targets of opportunity appear.

You seem to have forgotten an option. Stop attacking a country that hasn't attacked us. Bin Laden is dead the reason we used to start this war is gone so why are we still there?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13
reply to post by W3RLIED2

We wait until he goes on with his programmed ideals and more die. Good riddance, if any innocents died that’s a shame. I would stand to close to his replacement either.
After all, that was Allah’s will
edit on 7-6-2012 by redneck13 because: v

Allah's will? So America is a Muslim nation now?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

Another lie, drones are very humane. They probably never saw it coming and died immediately. How much more humane can you get

Drones are the way of a coward. If you don't have the guts to face your enemy then you shouldn't be in war. And there is nothing humane about killing innocent people because every innocent you kill two militants pop up to take their place.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Yes, it’s a damn shame we have to use drones. Every time we come into town insurgents hide, put their guns in schools put on burkas and shuffle their way out the other side of town. Why don’t they stand up and fight us. They are such a pi$$ poor enemy, this leader of al qaedas termination was turned over to an eighth grade girl in Cincinnati, Ohio, who immediately after greasing this pig said, “Dad can I have another quarter?”
Cowards indeed.

We hope that Yemen can withstand the onslaught of radical Islam

www.nypost.com...

Twelve al Qaeda gunmen killed in south Yemen
SANAA, Yemen -- An air strike killed five al Qaeda militants Thursday in southern Yemen while seven others died in separate incidents in the region where the army has been fighting to recapture territory lost last year, a local official said.

The air raid struck the eastern outskirts of Jaar, a town in Abyan province that is controlled by al Qaeda, killing five Islamist militants and wounding three others, the official said.

Two other al Qaeda fighters were killed in clashes with local militiamen belonging to the Popular Resistance Committees, who are fighting alongside the army, in the village of Batis, north of Jaar, the official said.

The clashes erupted when the militants attempted to return to the village which they had controlled until they were chased out by the army last week.

Five more jihadists were killed in an ambush near Batis, the official added.

He said the ambush by pro-army militiamen was led by a former al Qaeda militant, Abdullah al Sayed, who defected last year in protest at the presence of "foreigners" in the ranks of the Islamist group.

Yemeni forces launched an all-out offensive on May 12 aimed at reclaiming the Abyan provincial capital Zinjibar and other towns and cities lost to al Qaeda during the past year.

Since the beginning of the attack, 423 people have been killed, according to an AFP tally combined from different sources. This includes 315 al Qaeda militants, 68 soldiers, 22 local armed men and 18 civilians.

edit on 7-6-2012 by redneck13 because: x

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
You can choose to ignore, however we will be doomed to repeat history, heed those that understand

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Not my opinion,just an observation and explanation of it militarily.What would you suggest? A revived PHOENIX type operation? They would have to bolster JASOC a great deal to go after them with boots on the ground.Not to mention a great deal more killed to cover the exfil.

I am of the opinion we are watching a show to keep us afraid.Us and the entire world.Which of course is aggravating as these acts we see are against my traditions and my faith. These have been compromised for money and power by liars and murderous financiers. Follow the money and that is who is the puppeteer.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I'm no fan of the American war machines current adventures, but I agree with other posters who point out that death by Hellfire missile is likely to be painless, if we must engage in war.......Certainly not inhumane.

It's sad that too often, innocent parties are accidentally hit by drone strikes. Civilian deaths, accidental or otherwise, have always been a part of war.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanConditionThe difference is that they are acting in self defense.
You need to remember that we have been blowing up their families and oppressing their societies for decades.

I know that violence is wrong but what other option do they have?

You do realize that even if we left them alone.
They would be fighting and killing each other.

Look at the sectarian death squad violence in Iraq.

And as for self defense. We are only going after the guys that are trying to kill us.
If they stopped the violence we'd leave. And they would win.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It seems to me that what gets wrongly ignored in these debates is that most victims of al Qaeda are in fact other Muslims. Most of their attacks are on Muslim Civilians and for some reason people tend to ignore that. Why is that I wonder?

Same with the Taliban. They destroy schools and deny them to women entirely. They punish women who dare to get an education, but that's also ignored in these debates.

If we left or even if we had never gone the body count would be the same and perhaps even worse. Why have we reached the point where people not only make excuses for monsters but emotionally support them and ignore the fact they mainly kill their own.

I see no difference between pointing a rifle at a Terrorist and dispatching them and using a Drone to accomplish the same thing.

Should we be there? No, I don't think we should. The Drones are how it should have been handled all along, by surgically taking out their leaders one at a time. We knew from the Russians attempt what this would be like and that even the victims cannot be trusted. The Afghan people are suffering from Munchhausen Syndrome as a group or acquiescing out of fear or hatred of non-Muslims it seems to me. That and Karsai appears to be bought and owned by the Opium trade.

We leave, the Taliban will take over, harbor al Qaeda and support them and that puts us back where we started.

Afghanistan has not actually been a real country for a very long time. It's been occupied by the Taliban, al Qaeda, Russia, the US or someone else for a very long time now. It's a wild country ruled by local thugs and radical Islamist butchers, funded by the drug trade.

Groups like the Taliban and al Qaeda rule by fear and they will never stop slaughtering their fellow Muslims. It is a Muslim problem only the Muslims for some reason not understandable to Western sensibilities, refuse to do anything about.

This story is just propaganda and nothing more it seems to me.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
but i guess it must be very halal to plant IEDS and blow your enemy limb from limb

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent When it comes to war, no matter the "means", if I have a choice between being "humane" and winning, I will take winning. I supported both wars to begin with, but the fact is,our leaders don't have the necessary "will" to do what it requires to win, therefore, leaving is the only option left. The sooner the better. I can just guess how fast the "human rights advocates" depart behind us. Nanoseconds. Nary a peep from any Taliban, etc. violations will be forthcoming. Amazing how that works....

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Send more drones over their n shut em up.... Nobody cares what they have to say

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
The ENTIRE war in the Middle East is inhumane. How about you talk to the 500 thousand + dead women and children in Iraq and Afghanistan about what's humane about what were doing over there?

I'm so sorry, I must have missed the 500,000 dead women and children in Iraq and A-stan. Could you come up with a source for this?

I mean, if the US directly killed 500,000 women and children, you'd think it would be in the papers or something.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Drones are the way of a coward. If you don't have the guts to face your enemy then you shouldn't be in war. And there is nothing humane about killing innocent people because every innocent you kill two militants pop up to take their place.

Lemme guess? You've never been in combat, let alone the military, right?

The whole idea of going to war is to kill the enemy and break his stuff. Doesn't matter how it's done as long as you kill more of them and don't endanger any of your troops.

But hey, as soon as you can tell me a humane way of killing someone, let me know.

And you said, "innocent people"? The ass-hat that was killed was al-Qaeda. Not too innocent.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Guess we should use a suicide vest to kill the next one. That's pretty popular in those parts.

Actually, I think the dude has at least one good point, we shouldn't be wasting the ultra bad-ass expensive precision guided munitions on them. We should be remotely flying DC-10's packed with EPW's into their houses at 2 am. Fair is fair. Can anyone do a cost comparison on that?

You can usually gauge the effectiveness of your weapons/tactics by the complaints of your enemies. Which is why they are getting PWND worse that Junior High kids at Band Camp.

I honestly think we ought to give them a delivery of canned sunshine. That might get them to thinking.

Oh well. As they are so happy to say: "Inshallah".

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Drones "inhumane", dead al Qaeda man's family says

in.reuters.com

The brother of al Qaeda's second-in-command, who was killed in a U.S. drone strike, said Washington's use of the remote-controlled weapons is inhumane and makes a nonsense of its claims to champion human rights.
(visit the link for the full news article)

And killing over 3,000 souls by plunging planes into the Twin Towers is? I beg to differ. This terrorist organisation does not give a too hoots about human life, and is happy to behead people and use sucide bombers to cause terror around the world. I think this man should shut up, he has NO MORAL AUTHORITY at all if he beleives and supports this terrorist organisation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join