It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drones "inhumane", dead al Qaeda man's family says

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

in.reuters.com

The brother of al Qaeda's second-in-command, who was killed in a U.S. drone strike, said Washington's use of the remote-controlled weapons is inhumane and makes a nonsense of its claims to champion human rights.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
What a joke - apparently it would be OK to use the same weapons from manned aircraft, and it is also OK to brainwash people to blow themselves up in market places.

But it is "inhumane" to attack your sworn enemies from remote controlled aircraft.

Freakin' fundies of all persuasions should be sent to their rewards ASAP!

(and yes that makes me a fundamentalist anti-fundamentalish who should also be disposed of!! :lol

in.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6-6-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
yes because it's so humane to remove an infidels head with a dull. rusty blade...he's just pissy because his little p*^%y brother got killed and because al qaeda doesn't have fancy flyin' death machines..when will we stop p*^%$y footin' around and just start exterminating all these useless, worthless pieces of s*^t
edit on 6-6-2012 by alkesh because: sp

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

and it is also OK to brainwash people to blow themselves up in market places.
The difference is that they are acting in self defense.
You need to remember that we have been blowing up their families and oppressing their societies for decades.

I know that violence is wrong but what other option do they have?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanCondition

How is blowing up a market place in Afghanistan or Pakistan "self defence" against the USA?

As for who is killing who first - let's go back 5000 yeares and start counting shall we.....

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

How is blowing up a market place in Afghanistan or Pakistan "self defence" against the USA?

As for who is killing who first - let's go back 5000 yeares and start counting shall we.....
What we have done, particularly the enforcement of our oppressive financial system breeds these problems.
We are talking about today not 5000 years ago, you and I both know who is on the offense.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The game is to win, not an expression of humanity.That is war with America when you hide amongst innocent people. They leave no choice they're in the open and boom,more propaganda.Ugly but true. Attrition warfare ,strike the enemy as targets of opportunity appear.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

OK - if you are not going to go back 5000 years, how far back does the clock start to figure out who "started" all this? The Arab riots in Palestine in the 1920's? The Balfour declaration? The attempted conquest of Israel in 1948? 1967? 1973? Sept 11 2001?

At the moment I do not think either side is conducting an offensive - the jihadi's are trying to rebuild in Yemen but elsehere it sems their structures are a shambles because their leaders keep getting killed. Perhaps the Taliban aer lining somethign up in Afghanistan.

The corrupt west is looking to get out of afghanistan leaving its lackeys to oppress the faithful.

You didn't answer teh self defence question. And if it is OK for these guys to suicide bomb "in self defence" why is it not ok to attack them with hellfire missiles in self defence??

edit on 6-6-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
At least they don't claim to be "champions of human rights' unlike the USA.
There are 3rd world countries that are more humane than the USA in many different ways. It's so sad what has happened to the USA, it makes me want to hurl!

IT--

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I'm not a fan of indiscriminate bombings, no matter what the launch vehicle, but saying that drone strikes are "inhumane" is disingenuous. I image that death by Hellfire missile is fast and relatively painless. It's the collateral damage that worries me. The fact that the plane doesn't have a pilot has no bearing on anything as far as I can tell.

Suicide bombings are, in my opinion, drastically less humane than a missile strike. These people are led to believe that their greatest value in life is to be a vessel for destruction, and that by killing themselves in the process is a great honor. The collateral damage in a suicide bombing is also typically very high. But I guess when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Side note: 5000 years ago Islam hadn't yet been founded and the Egyptian empire was at its peak. So I'm not really sure what you meant by that...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Another lie, drones are very humane.
They probably never saw it coming and died immediately.
How much more humane can you get

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Yes, it's very true. If there's one thing, more than anything else, that I've always felt enormous admiration for, where the American military are concerned, it is their immense honour and courage.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I really think President Obama should send this man some boxes of tissues.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

OK - if you are not going to go back 5000 years, how far back does the clock start to figure out who "started" all this? The Arab riots in Palestine in the 1920's? The Balfour declaration? The attempted conquest of Israel in 1948? 1967? 1973? Sept 11 2001?

That's a good question. Of course the Israelis and Arabs can't even agree on that, so I don't think we're going to solve that one here.

The US is following the PNAC plan, "Rebuilding America's Defenses", from 1995 almost to the letter. Our motivations and ambitions are domination of the Middle-East, and control of the natural gas, oil, and illicit drug market. I don't believe for one second that the plan for US withdrawal is legitimate, and I suspect that the plan is to maintain military presence indefinitely. A lot of the ground work might be contracted out to private security corporations but, short of a miracle (RP being elected President), I just don't see us pulling out now or anytime soon.

I also fail to see how a suicide bombing of a public place can, in any way, be described as "self defense". Similarly, I don't think these latest drone strikes can be considered "self defense", as Leon Panetta put it.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
TBH they are, the ratio of targets killed to civilians is crazy something like 30/1

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

That is so weird, I could have sworn that al qaeda were big fans of the kill people from the air game. Maybe I'm thinking of some other group of murdering cowards... my bad.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Sounds like being in charge of al qaeda is a short term career these days
Next applicant please.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALLDRAFT
Maybe I'm thinking of some other group of murdering cowards... my bad.

It takes bravery to go up against our war machine - far more than it takes us to go up against theirs.

They might be nasty and cruel, but they aren't cowards.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALLDRAFT

That is so weird, I could have sworn that al qaeda were big fans of the kill people from the air game. Maybe I'm thinking of some other group of murdering cowards... my bad.

Yeah, you're referring to the Bush administration and the Saudi government.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
There's nothing humane about warfare. Unfortunately my country, the States, doesn't care about human rights any more.

They also don't care about the Constitution.

The USA doesn't care about rights to privacy.

They don't care about their own citizens. We are indentured servants used only as taxable resources.

My governments own tyranny is really starting to piss me off.

I was worried about Bush and he proved to be worse than I could have imagined. Our current Prez is off the deep end compared to Bush. It bothers me that a majority of the people can't see the writing on the wall, as the saying goes. This thread isn't the place for that, however.

Drones are the PTB, ( insert whatever you want right there ) way of saying "WE ARE DETATCHING HUMAN EMOTIONS WHILE WE COME SPY ON YOU AND KILL YOU".

Let's face it guys and gals... It's really a matter of when. I don't know if I believe all the reports ,now, but I do think that sooner rather then later, increasing amounts of drone activity will be coming to our own skies.

I won't post links to the violent drone strikes I've seen with my own eyes. Hopefully it suffices to say to you all that it's things I would have rather gone my whole life without seeing. From the sky and from the ground.

Seriously, drones are scarier than hell.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join