Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

NASA's Edgar Mitchell "Aliens Exist & Government Cover Up is Real" - Fox News

page: 7
24
<< 4  5  6   >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLegend
This was a very weak performance by Edgar Mitchell.
He refused several times to not give names or sources...said right at the start "I never seen a UFO"...and kept talking about the "lore" which everyone already knows about.

He may as well have been a random guy on the street that they interviewed. Him being an astronaut means nothing with what info he gave.


Dr. Mitchell would be one of the first people to agree with you.

He has had said many times in the past that his alien visitor beliefs have NOTHING to do with information he gathered as an astronaut. He is basically a civilian who believes in ET visitation, just like a lot of people do. Dr. Mitchell has often said that his beliefs are based on the exact same information we all have -- information that is available to the public, and NOT government secrets that he learned as an astronaut.

So, yeah -- he may as well be some 'random guy off the street" as you say. However, that does not make him any less believable than any other random person -- but his being an astronaut in this case is irrelevant, and his beliefs carry any additional weight just because of his former occupation.
edit on 6/9/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)




posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People
 


I'm quite sure anybody who was there in Roswell during the alleged crash, will have their stories. If anybody is going to know now, it's the relatives of those people.



posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People
 


I'm quite sure anybody who was there in Roswell during the alleged crash, will have their stories. If anybody is going to know now, it's the relatives of those people.


Stories in this day and age mean nothing, I'm not saying Roswell never happened but it's going to take a lot more than stories to make believers out of majority of this planet.

The big problem with Roswell is the fact that everyone wants it too be true including myself, this of course has the down side of being biased with the negatives of the event, and I assure you there are plenty.

I stand by what I say about Edgar he might as well not gone on the record at all, all hes done is this person told me this and that, no I do not have any personal experiences.

The most intelligent people on this planet have been fooled before, and for this reason no matter how much of a good source people want to believe this is, it simply isn't.

No, I dunno about you but I want CURRENTLY employees NASA staff and other government run agencys coming forward until then these people coming forward is completely pointless, we have enough to say ok, there might be something here, it's worth investigating further, well now were at the point we have tons of testimonials with zero evidence other than there testimonials, many people believe that the 9/11 was a complete conspiracy and many believe that the wheel of the plane found in the street looked like it just came of a production line, yet no picture of good quality shows this..

What I'm trying to say, in short we have hundreds of Testimonials by respectable people, it doesn't matter how many more people we get come forward who are retired. We need someone whos either employeed and it actually stirs some real debate, or we need some solid evidence such as a item or something else, I dunno.. But Testimonials in my book should no longer be treated as good reliable sources, they do however make good reads for us UFO fanatics.

EDIT: What I'm trying to say, I want something which makes believers out of us all... and that's going to take a lot.
edit on 9-6-2012 by Loophole because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by blaenau2000
Many Astronouts have confirmed ufo sightings, and now one says that aliens are real.
So who do we believe?

The people that have been to space?

Or our Government?

I know who I choose to believe !!!


Be a little cautious here -- so much of what the Internet SAYS that 'astronauts say' is dubious at best.

Double check it before you fall for the simplest of argumentative deceptions, the 'Appeal to Authority'.

Note that Mitchell DOES say that NASA astronauts did NOT encounter UFOs while he was there [1966-1973], and at NASA, at least, there were no restrictions on talking about the subject.

There IS a "Mitchell saw 'visitors' on the moon' myth going around the internet that he also has said is bogus, so be doubly careful.

ADD:

Here's the link to that story:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 5-6-2012 by JimOberg because: add link


Actually nasa is an adjunct to the DOD which means anything can be classified. So what makes you think they can discuss to the public what they discuss in private or with superiors? I can't believe so many people cannot comprehend this simple fact.

Not to mention the brookings institute advised nasa not to divulge anything that could upset the status quo. Of course anyone who has done REAL research knows the government parrots what the think tanks tell them to and they in turn parrot what rich men want them to. Some things never change.........

Off the record is a different story and you learn more truth that way.



posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loophole

The big problem with Roswell is the fact that everyone wants it too be true including myself, this of course has the down side of being biased with the negatives of the event, and I assure you there are plenty.


I don't have a problem with roswell being true but I would certainly have a problem with dulce being true.

This "wants it to be true" is silly nonsense. Along with any good aliens(angels) there are also the bad aliens(demons). One must be careful what they wish for and always hope for the best.


I stand by what I say about Edgar he might as well not gone on the record at all, all hes done is this person told me this and that, no I do not have any personal experiences.


Even if he had personal experiences he could not divulge them. Learn what national security is!


The most intelligent people on this planet have been fooled before, and for this reason no matter how much of a good source people want to believe this is, it simply isn't.


You don't have to believe anything. Why try? There is so much information out there floating on the internet you could be reading for years continously. Those that demand lots of evidence from others are either too weak minded or lazy to seak the truth for themselves.




EDIT: What I'm trying to say, I want something which makes believers out of us all... and that's going to take a lot.
edit on 9-6-2012 by Loophole because: (no reason given)


I believe thomas castello said it best that there is no way for everyone to believe a hostile takeover of earth until the government finally admits it or the aliens do, which means it is too late. Like a general going on television to declare a national curfew to be implemented as of today at 20:00 hours to make his dictatorship official. Official recognisition is only for naive morons who have a rosey picture of the world and are easily distracted with meaningless stuff.
edit on 10/6/12 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07
 


So what makes you think they can discuss to the public what they discuss in private or with superiors?


Saying nothing was encountered is not the same thing as hiding that something was. I can't believe so many people cannot comprehend this simple fact. That argument reinforces the statement that nothing has been seen.

Scenario 1 - Nothing encountered: "NASA astronauts did NOT encounter UFOs while I was there."

Scenario 2 - Something encountered: ""

edit on 6/10/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by EarthCitizen07
 


So what makes you think they can discuss to the public what they discuss in private or with superiors?


Saying nothing was encountered is not the same thing as hiding that something was. I can't believe so many people cannot comprehend this simple fact. That argument reinforces the statement that nothing has been seen.

Scenario 1 - Nothing encountered: "NASA astronauts did NOT encounter UFOs while I was there."

Scenario 2 - Something encountered: ""

edit on 6/10/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)


Well if they said something was encountered, what would that mean?

Of course they would say "nothing was encountered". It is the best way to cover their "national security" base and avoid the harsh consequences of unathorised disclosure. They probably signed non-disclosure agreements to go to the moon much like bob lazar signed non-disclosure agreements to work at area 51.



posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Of course they would say "nothing was encountered". It is the best way to cover their "national security" base and avoid the harsh consequences of unathorised disclosure. They probably signed non-disclosure agreements to go to the moon much like bob lazar signed non-disclosure agreements to work at area 51.



Nice to know you have the "Contrary astronaut testimony is always LIES" card to defend your beliefs. You seem quick to call astronauts liars, I guess.



posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
I don't have a problem with roswell being true but I would certainly have a problem with dulce being true.


Ahem, Dulce could not be true as much as it could. OF COURSE Dulce shouldn't be used as a synonym of a place with 7+ levels, 5th called Nightmare Hall, on the last levels reside the Reptilian caste, Greys working for them, on the upper levels are humans, mind control experiments, alien-human hybrids because this sounds fictious even to me at least served in the way these Thomas Castello article - which I am sure has been decorated with fansy stories.

Why the 'it could'? I can't explain it in a word, there is Paul Bennewitz thread, people close to him, there are people who may have worked there, natives who have seen strange things, cow mutilations, black helicopters - - we aren't talking about aliens, guys, just that all these stuff going on could suggest some underground laboratory, human if you like. Plus, underground bases and places are a reality.

I do not buy the 'too far' stories either
edit on 10-6-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCh0de
reply to post by Zcustosmorum
 


USA National security admits to it too "Communication with Extraterrestrial Intelligence"

www.nsa.gov...


Did you actually read what you posted or did you just grab it at face value? No where in that text do they admit to that....................



posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07
 


Well if they said something was encountered, what would that mean?

It would probably mean something was encountered. But if, as you say, they were prohibited from talking they wouldn't say anything at all.
edit on 6/10/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor
 


Lets just say I would rather have aliens destroying humans rather than humans destroying humans.

To be a traitor is the least desirable trait and better an uncomfortable truth than perpetual lies....

I don't care if some people commit suicide, they are probably too weak-minded to be of any use.

I think that place is real but for the time being and without any help probably nothing can be done about it.



posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Actually nasa is an adjunct to the DOD which means anything can be classified. So what makes you think they can discuss to the public what they discuss in private or with superiors? I can't believe so many people cannot comprehend this simple fact.

Not to mention the brookings institute advised nasa not to divulge anything that could upset the status quo. Of course anyone who has done REAL research knows the government parrots what the think tanks tell them to and they in turn parrot what rich men want them to. Some things never change.........

Off the record is a different story and you learn more truth that way.


Actually, all of these assertions are pseudo-facts, untrue, fantasies from the imaginations of folks who enjnoy conning the eager-believers and hyper-gullible.

...and a clever trick to disregard Edgar Mitchell's comments about relevant issues he DID have first-hand knowledge of.



posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg
 


Are you james oberg, the legendary debunker along with phil platt, that always try and ALWAYS FAIL to debunk and discredit richard hoagland? I am curious what you think of his new york times bestseller "nasa:dark mission" ?

I don't think he is lying about nasa being an adjunct of the DOD nor that the brookings institute advised nasa that if they found intelligent life on the moon that they should keep quiet. I thoroughly enjoyed the book although it was a bit repetitive and tedious.



posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Its still apart of the conditioning. All these alien movies and scientist coming foward and NASA officials on tv is just to get people ready for the upcoming fake alien invasion in 2020-2030ish. Just like they did with 9/11. Once people believe the aliens are hostile they will definitely fall for the invasion. The Roswell incident/Area 51 I don't believe is real. I think it goes much deeper than that. Besides I don't trust anyone on MSM news



posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Also the way the two reporters treated him was as though he was somekind of lunatic. They want the public to view UFO believers as crazy. If he is telling the truth, which is possible it would be the story of the century. But to go along with the agenda, when the fake invasion does happen, the government can play the "we never knew" game and get everyone on thier side. So bringing light on the subject to those that are still asleep is kind of impossible.. I also believe this is the reason why will not advance into a Type 3 civilization let alone a Type 1. We hold secrets like extraterrestrials and other things from each other.



posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by CannibalCorpse1982
Its still apart of the conditioning. All these alien movies and scientist coming foward and NASA officials on tv is just to get people ready for the upcoming fake alien invasion in 2020-2030ish. Just like they did with 9/11. Once people believe the aliens are hostile they will definitely fall for the invasion. The Roswell incident/Area 51 I don't believe is real. I think it goes much deeper than that. Besides I don't trust anyone on MSM news


Since you know it goes much deeper, why do you think the next invasion will be fake?

Aliens created humans from cave man. Aliens control the government via secret societies. Aliens abduct people for various reasons. See my point??

Why do people blame the government for everything and turn a blind eye to the real culprits? I get the same arguement from right wingers who refuse to blame business. Religious right fools...........



posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Has anybody gone and read Mitchell's original paper on his space ESP experiments and the succesful results he claimed?

Seems to me, that's an essential step in appraising the credibility of his non-documented opinions on other fringe topics that he has commented on.

Or is there something about his thinking process and personal credulity levels, that the ESP paper reveals -- that proponents want the public NOT to know?

Easy enough to calibrate on this one theme. Try it.



posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
If anybody has tried to find Mitchell's ESP report on the Internet, I'd like to hear of the results. I can't find it on the 'net, although I do have a pdf file I can email anyone who wants to see it. Then you might realize why Mitchell's defenders don't WANT anybody to be able to find it and read it -- it does not do his scientific crediblity and good, IMHO. If it were such a good study, WHY isn't it widely available?

The relevance is in a process of calibration of a person's claims -- it always helps to check up by finding other similar claims of that person, that CAN be tested, before relying on anyone;'s claims that CANNOT be tested.





new topics

top topics



 
24
<< 4  5  6   >>

log in

join