It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's Edgar Mitchell "Aliens Exist & Government Cover Up is Real" - Fox News

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
reply to post by AboveBoard

Thats quite the list!

I admit i Know too little on the subject, JIM, in your opinion, are ALL these claims listed on this site BOGUS? If there is even one that is not, how does a sceptic reconcile that?
www.syti.net...

The list has taken decades to conjure up, one by one, exaggeration by exaggeration, imagination by imagination. People seem to really WANT the astronauts to have had these kinds of experiences and almost any story, from any source, gets thrown into the mix.

Fortunately I've had the professional privilege of working directly with these men and women and with Mission Control, and have been able to track down enough of the stories to realize they are a whole lot less impressive in reality than on the Internet.

See my '99 FAQs about 'space UFOs'' on my home page for more substantial responses.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269
reply to post by Phage

Dear Phage

Correct however do you think he just posed this film away to the generals without viewing it first???????????????

From the research I did, I conclude that he wasn't even involved. He may have heard the gossip and over the years told and retold the story with himself moving closer and closer with each new version, to the center of it. But the other witnesses -- and contemporary reports -- dispute ANY role for him in it. NO role at all.

Exactly parallel to his spaceflight-related claims that became embellished over the years -- like the pictures he took over Area-51 that showed auto license plates -- pure BS -- or his claim that his Gemini-5 was peppered and punctured by a meteor storm -- no damage ever seen or noted by engineers after it landed [and it's on display in Houston -- go look at it yourself]. Or his story that he saved the shuttle program from a lethal design flaw by relaying to NASA a telepathic warning from space aliens.

These were stories he told to amuse his gullible audiences.

All the MORE reason -- to get back on topic -- why Edgar Mitchell needs to be asked in public about the UFO stories that Cooper told HIM in 1968-9 when they trained for a moon mission on the same crew. I've asked him repeatedly -- we've been in touch for many years -- and he has politely demurred, he says, to "protect the reputation" of those now dead,.

I interpret that to mean that Mitchell knows that Cooper's stories in 1968-9 were VERY different from the ones he told in public many years later, and Mitchell doesn't want to harm Cooper's credibility by revealing that awkward fact. And that he's covering up for his friend and ufological ally.

edit on 6-6-2012 by JimOberg because: add Mitchell reference

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The question would be "why do so many astronauts lie and tell stories" assuming Ed is lying,he is not the first.

Do they live on lectures or something?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMSAM
The question would be "why do so many astronauts lie and tell stories" assuming Ed is lying,he is not the first.

I don't think any of them are lying. I think a lot of people on the Internet are lying ABOUT them and their statements and experiences.

Cooper, however, DID basically 'live by the UFO lectures' in his last years. After he was quietly cashiered from the astronaut corps for inadequate skills and self-destructive attitudes, he burned all his bridges to the spaceflight community by naively championing a series of aviation industry scams that lost millions of dollars of people's money, people who had put up the cash because they trusted Cooper's judgment. In the end, he only got invited to UFO conventions, or occasionally by telephone onto the David Letterman show where Letterman mocked him viciously, for audience laughs.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by blaenau2000

No astronauts claim UFO sightings. Name one please.

buzz aldren

Niel armstrong

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by tones

buzz aldren

Niel armstrong

The Internet is snare for the superficial and the careless, but a great resource for the diligent searcher after truth. Please practice more strenuously to accomplish your desire to understand what really happened rather than what some UFO enthusiasts and promoters want you to THINK happened, and want you to remain only half-informed and misinformed. People here will help you..

Also, some advice:

Principle #1 of providing evidence: spell the names of claimed witnesses correctly.

It's Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong.

..and no, the claim that they had admitted seeing UFOs in space is generally regarded as bogus 'mind candy'.
edit on 6-6-2012 by JimOberg because: add

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
It would be very disheartening if no astronauts reported strange things going on, however with Mitchell (albeit, no personal encounters of his own) and Gordon Cooper, both stating strange things, I'd say that's enough to go on, in that there is ground for UFOs to be very real.

Ofc, there is the possibility that they got caught in the hype coming from other places on UFOs, yet they must be pretty smart guys, who can think for themselves.

edit on 6-6-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
It would be very disheartening if no astronauts reported strange things going on, however with Mitchell (albeit, no personal encounters of his own) and Gordon Cooper, both stating strange things, I'd say that's enough to go on, in that there is ground for UFOs to be very real.

Ofc, there is the possibility that they got caught in the hype coming from other places on UFOs, yet they must be pretty smart guys, who can think for themselves.

Well, that certainly is the NASA astronaut hype agenda, fer shoor.

And it was thinking exactly such as yours that sucked millions of dollars out of the pockets of space retirees, local communities, and other space-related groups as Gordon Cooper spent the 1980s parading around, championing one cockamamie aviation investment scheme after another -- ALL went bust, and many of the principals wound up in jail. Cooper lost all his own money too -- fair enough. But people who blindly trusted his judgment, as you precisely boast of doing, also went bust.

Please base your important personal decisions on more than over-hyped prestige of VIPs.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

You are not helpless. You can also calibrate the dependability of Mitchell's judgment on fringe claims.

For example, read his 1971 paper on his private space ESP experiment on Apollo-14 and see how flakey the methodology was and how unjustified the grandiose conclusions were. Read it for yourself.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Well, that certainly is the NASA astronaut hype agenda, fer shoor.

And it was thinking exactly such as yours that sucked millions of dollars out of the pockets of space retirees, local communities, and other space-related groups as Gordon Cooper spent the 1980s parading around, championing one cockamamie aviation investment scheme after another -- ALL went bust, and many of the principals wound up in jail. Cooper lost all his own money too -- fair enough. But people who blindly trusted his judgment, as you precisely boast of doing, also went bust.

Please base your important personal decisions on more than over-hyped prestige of VIPs.

Fer shoor?
, nice Scottish impression there Jim

I didn't say I completely trust his judgement, I wouldn't write him off though, sure we had a conversation about this on a previous occasion, but shoddy business deals imo, is just bad judgement and doesn't really have anything to do with his own feelings on UFOs.

You are not helpless. You can also calibrate the dependability of Mitchell's judgment on fringe claims.

For example, read his 1971 paper on his private space ESP experiment on Apollo-14 and see how flakey the methodology was and how unjustified the grandiose conclusions were. Read it for yourself.

Once again, his personal feelings on UFOs and the potential of alien races being known about, are different from any paper he has written. If he believes something is going on, I don't automatically trust him, however I use that age-old adage, with smoke, there is fire.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I must say that this has been very informative. I admit to being taken in by the Cooper stories. The bigger story of the mass illusion fueled by the Internet is actually more fascinating to me then the UFO and Alien story. The big picture or illusion is made up of lots of parts. Each part when examined, falls apart with no substance to back it up. The astronaut stories being a part of this grand illusion. The illusion itself seems to have a life of its own despite the lack of foundation.

Where there is smoke there is often mirrors.
edit on 6-6-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Buzz Aldrin, and an account that Niel Armstrong mentioned something about it once but quickly recanted. And ofcourse NASA using the code "Santa Claus" to talk about UFO's that people caught on Hamradio.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

I believe you're right, Jim. As cool as it would be to hear Dr. Mitchell report, "I've seen E.T. UFOs," it just isn't true. I could be wrong here, but it is a personal belief of his that E.T. exist, but he has no first-hand testimony of such things.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMSAM

I don't think he's lying...he is simply stating his belief that he believes in extraterrestrials. I believe in earnest.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Buzz Aldrin, and an account that Niel Armstrong mentioned something about it once but quickly recanted. And ofcourse NASA using the code "Santa Claus" to talk about UFO's that people caught on Hamradio.

(Jim- I got this one...)

I just finished some research on this topic and found a very informative web site with information regarding the Aldrin and Armstrong quotes regaring UFO's. here is the link. Click here for info

..and no, the claim that they had admitted seeing UFOs in space is generally regarded as bogus 'mind candy'.

Principle #2 of providing evidence: make sure you are thorough with your research so as not to repeat the same misinformation twice within the same page of the same thread.

edit on 6-6-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCh0de
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

USA National security admits to it too "Communication with Extraterrestrial Intelligence"

www.nsa.gov...

Although that still might be real, I seem to remember it being shown to be a "what-if" scenario, or a drill.
edit on 6-6-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Here are some links with the background on the bogus Armstrong story:

Here’s a full presentation of that Armstrong quote, attributed [I believe correctly] to Otto Binder.
nasa-image.blogspot.com...

Numerous Apollo mission quotations:
xenophilius.wordpress.com...

An original and important piece of independent research on Otto Binder:
secretsun.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

An original and important piece of independent research on Otto Binder:
secretsun.blogspot.com...

So all of this can be traced back to one man...basically a comic book writer that worked for NASA?
Ok,...um...a wow..ancient aliens.. the whole bit...thank you for that...wow. good stuff

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

You are making an appeal to authority.

You are completely ignoring what Mitchell himself says. He admits he has no first-hand knowledge.

But you accept that aliens are real because he says so, based on what? Because he's been to space? So what? Going to space does not make you an authority on anything except going to space.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The guy on the right in the video had to throw in the little creatures comment again, couldn't let it go he had to get the last word..... two have come out now, keep it coming!

edit on 6-6-2012 by wisper because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2012 by wisper because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join