It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House will not let you unsubscribe from their mailings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Forgive me if this is in the wrong forum. If so, mods please change it.
I have tried for over two months to unsubscribe from the White House emails. I never wanted to be on it, in the first place. However, apparently, even if you send an email objecting to one of their bills, you end up on the list,
Anyway, I have clicked on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of their mailing, and here is what I get:

The url specified is not valid. Please check the url

OK, so I clicked on the "contact us" link, filled in a long form, and checked "other" on the list of subjects, then described the problem, asking to be taken off, and all I get is ANOTHER email telling me that President Obama is concerned about your issues, and hears you. Then I get MORE emails telling me how he values my support.

Has anyone had any luck in being removed from the list. Quite honestly, they are spamming me daily.

I guess this is how the White House gets the number of "supporters" that they claim they have.

It would be really funny if it weren't so annoying.

Peace

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Why don't you do it the old-fashioned way and reply, "UNSUBSCRIBE".

Come on, THINK McFly, THINK.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Why don't you do it the old-fashioned way and reply, "UNSUBSCRIBE".
reply to post by 12out3r

Did you read my post? I did, in every way possible. However, you CANNOT reply to the emails directly, as a message comes back telling you that they cannot accept replies.
P.S. It even says it on the emails from them:

Please do not reply to this email.

edit on 4-6-2012 by ProfEmeritus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I did indeed read the OP, and nowhere did you say that you replied and got a generic email back, that was new information in your response.

"OH WOE IS ME IM ON THE WHITEHOUSE MAILING LIST BOO HOO"

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

Has anyone had any luck in being removed from the list. Quite honestly, they are spamming me daily.

I sent John McCain an email once and still get emails from him, plus Mitt Romney and yesterday Mitt's wife...I gave up trying to get off the mailer years ago. I blocked McCain after a year, but evidently he sold the list to the RNC since Romney and now his wife email me near daily.

Maybe you could simply right click and add the Whitehouse to spam senders and it would be blocked at the server?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12out3r

"OH WOE IS ME IM ON THE WHITEHOUSE MAILING LIST BOO HOO"

I have to agree. Pretty lame complaint. Add them to the blocked sender list....kind of a reach in OP worthiness IMO.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Just add them to your spam filter. How hard can it be?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

There's kids starving in the world you know.

Then there is you.

Sitting there.

Complaining about the complainer.

By your own words, while there are kids starving.

(paradox)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Who subscribes to the whitehouse mailing list??? To those that did, did you get any interesting mail?

I'd do what darth said in the post above

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
thats why there is a Junk Folder - Microsoft was thinking ahead

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

My purpose on ATS is to ridicule threads that are pure garbage in order to (hopefully) shame people into no longer posting nonsense.

People are allowed to post whatever they want to on ATS. Who gave you the right to play God? Leave the OP alone. He has a problem and wants answers from other people on ATS - that may have had the same problem. Grow UP! Oh - and get off ATS!

TO OP

I don't have that problem. But I can imagine how frustrating it could be. My suggestion would be to phone someone - or write a letter. Or if you can get a fax number - try that too. That's the best I have - sorry. Maybe someone else will be able to help more.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
White House will not let you unsubscribe from their mailings

Tag it as spam because that is what the white house site is,someone trying to see you something.

Easy solution.

edit on 4-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Truthandinfo

some knowledge from thor.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Reply to post by 12out3r

"What a lame ass thread. It's like everyone these days are mindless fools that are faced with a problem then immediately run inside to their "internet machine" to tell the world."

What exactly are you doing right now? Your on the "internet machine" telling the world about your "problem" with people on the "internet machine" about their problems. Lolz

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

People are allowed to post whatever they want to on ATS. Who gave you the right to play God? Leave the OP alone. He has a problem and wants answers from other people on ATS - that may have had the same problem. Grow UP! Oh - and get off ATS!
reply to post by Truthandinfo

Thank you so much for being civil, unlike some of the responses I got. You are correct. I was just asking if anyone had any suggestions that I had not tried.
I guess school is out, and the dialogue goes downhill in the summer.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

There's kids starving in the world you know.

Then there is you.

Sitting there.

Complaining about the complainer.

By your own words, while there are kids starving.

(paradox)

And then there is you...complaining about the one complaining about the complainer...all the while the children starve..now is your mind blown?

Sorry...couldn't resist...I am intent on salvaging this thread with a giggle.
edit on 4-6-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join