It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drones Over American Skies: Obama is Watching You!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Not being An American (British) i was just wondering, when politicians and the like mention protecting the United States of America are they talking about the country of the people. i often watch and listen to these people talking and saying things about protecting the country but hardly any of them mention the people. they say the value of freedom is truly and uniquely American and yet are tapping the phone calls monitoring the internet for certain words (i saw the list at it is long) and now throwing up drones. i come from a country that is also losing its freedoms (Privacy, more camera's than any other country in the EU) but at least they never mention about protecting the country, or its people. so in case i wasn't clear, who are the politicians talking about when they say Protecting the USA?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by djv1985

A lot of times when you hear them speak about 'the country', they are actually referencing the idea of America, or what they think it should be.

You will hear politicians over here talk about 'the American people', when in reality most of them wouldn't know a real, normal American if we walked up to them and slapped them in their lying, greedy faces.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I won't even lie, for the past two or three weeks I've been hearing helicopter like sounds fly over. And every time I hear it, I say to myself: "Who are they looking for now" But I see now that is not the case.

Shame.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nspekta

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

They will be used to intervene at some point with some 'critical' domestic crime,
Great post! Thx!

Well for what it is worth a drone has already been used against an American that claimed to be a Sovereign Citizen. Seems he had someone else's cow.....

Granted it was not used to kill him but that application will not be far off......

I am tired of swimming up river and will be looking to leave this country as soon as possible.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

This is just the beginning. Drones will be flying around surveilling you and gathering private information, all illegaly and against the constitution.

Everyone seems to be so paranoid about being watched by drones and cameras mounted to light poles and such, like someone is constantly watching them. I don't think anyone stops to think about the logistics of that though. Think about it, how can every single person be watched every minute of every day? It would take one dedicated person for every person being watched, and 99.9% of the time they would be so completely bored about what they saw that they wouldn't be effective enough to report on the 0.1% that might be noteworthy to the authorities. Frankly I find all this paranoia amusing, much as you want to believe otherwise, your life is boring and no one has any desire whatsoever to watch your every move

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne
reply to post by Nspekta

This is just the beginning. Drones will be flying around surveilling you and gathering private information, all illegaly and against the constitution.

Everyone seems to be so paranoid about being watched by drones and cameras mounted to light poles and such, like someone is constantly watching them. I don't think anyone stops to think about the logistics of that though. Think about it, how can every single person be watched every minute of every day? It would take one dedicated person for every person being watched, and 99.9% of the time they would be so completely bored about what they saw that they wouldn't be effective enough to report on the 0.1% that might be noteworthy to the authorities. Frankly I find all this paranoia amusing, much as you want to believe otherwise, your life is boring and no one has any desire whatsoever to watch your every move

Obviously they cant watch you and everyone else all the time, what you dont seem to understand is they COULD watch you at ANYTIME, and without warrants, thus violating the constitution. that doesnt bother you?!??

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Here's another video to add to your thread

Who has been crucial in deciding to fill American skies with drones?
Facts are facts.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

The Panopticon

The Panopticon is a type of institutional building designed by English philosopher and social theorist Jeremy Bentham in the late eighteenth century. The concept of the design is to allow an observer to observe (-opticon) all (pan-) inmates of an institution without them being able to tell whether or not they are being watched.

en.wikipedia.org...

Just the knowledge that you could be being watched is enough to change behavior.
edit on 5-6-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

That video definitely makes you think,who controls the decisions,about why these drones,are in our skys. Would love to see the "money" trail,and the stock portfolios of these lawmakers.......

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Great, thanks for adding that! I'll hafta wait till im done work to watch it though

Also found this today regarding the U.S. Military discussing the possible sharing of domestic data with police forces within the states. So, not only are they going to surveil you illegaly, but they will be sharing that data with other organizations to use against you, illegally!

The Age Of Drones: Military May Share Domestic Surveillance Data With Police According To An Intelligence Report

LOS ANGELES (KNX 1070 NEWSRADIO) — As the Federal Aviation Administration helps usher in an age of drones for U.S. law enforcement agencies, the use of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV’s) domestically by the U.S. military — and the sharing of collected data with police agencies — is raising its own concerns about possible violations of privacy and Constitutional law, according to drone critics.

A non-classified U.S. Air Force intelligence report obtained by KNX 1070 NEWSRADIO dated April 23, 2012, is helping fuel concern that video and other data inadvertently captured by Air Force drones already flying through some U.S. airspace, might end up in the hands of federal or local law enforcement, doing an end-run around normal procedures requiring police to obtain court issued warrants
Source

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nspekta

Great, thanks for adding that! I'll hafta wait till im done work to watch it though

Also found this today regarding the U.S. Military discussing the possible sharing of domestic data with police forces within the states. So, not only are they going to surveil you illegaly, but they will be sharing that data with other organizations to use against you, illegally!

The Age Of Drones: Military May Share Domestic Surveillance Data With Police According To An Intelligence Report

LOS ANGELES (KNX 1070 NEWSRADIO) — As the Federal Aviation Administration helps usher in an age of drones for U.S. law enforcement agencies, the use of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV’s) domestically by the U.S. military — and the sharing of collected data with police agencies — is raising its own concerns about possible violations of privacy and Constitutional law, according to drone critics.

A non-classified U.S. Air Force intelligence report obtained by KNX 1070 NEWSRADIO dated April 23, 2012, is helping fuel concern that video and other data inadvertently captured by Air Force drones already flying through some U.S. airspace, might end up in the hands of federal or local law enforcement, doing an end-run around normal procedures requiring police to obtain court issued warrants
Source

This is nothing new. People working at NSA on programs targeting non-US persons are obliged, BY LAW, to make local authorities aware if during the course of their analysis they come across signs of criminal activity. Even if that activity is by a US citizen who is part of the main target's circle of influence. Information sharing between the military and 3-letter organizations is commonplace.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join