It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passenger plane crashes in Nigeria into Building.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Passenger plane crashes in Nigeria in to Building.

www.cbc.ca

A state official says a passenger plane has crashed into a two-story building in Nigeria's largest city of Lagos.

Femi Oke-Osanyinpolu, Lagos state emergency state manager, said Sunday that casualty numbers are unknown.

Harold Denuren, head of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority, confirmed the crash.

He said the Dana Air flight was heading from Lagos to Abuja in Nigeria.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
trends.com.ng

edit on 3-6-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
There have been a few airline crashed in the last few months.

A plane belonging to Dana Airlines has just crashed at the Iju/Ishaga area of Lagos a few minutes ago. The plane was carrying 152 passengers and was coming from Abuja.

Eye witnesses say the plane crashed into houses and human beings are burning at the scene of the crash

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
More than 150 reportedly dead in Nigeria crash

Reports say more than 150 people are dead after a passenger plane slammed into a two-storey building in Nigeria's largest city of Lagos.

Harold Denuren, head of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority, confirmed Sunday's crash.

He said the Dana Air flight was heading from Lagos to Abuja in Nigeria. Al-Jazeera and AFP news service are reporting there were 153 passengers on board.

Federal emergency management confirmed the crash in a neighbourhood just outside the airport and said its emergency personnel were on their way to the scene.

Al-Jazeera is also saying that people on the ground believe the aircraft may have hit a power line and crashed into the building.

Photos from a local news outlet CKN showed a giant plume of smoke in the middle of a residential neighbourhood as crowds gathered around what looked like the remains of a plane.

Dana Air took to the skies in November 2008 and now operates 18 daily flights to four Nigeria cities: Abuja, Lagos, Port Harcourt and Uyo.

The weather in Lagos, a port city of 8 million, on Sunday was clear and sunny.
www.cbc.ca...://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/03/12034499-153-people-f eared-dead-in-nigerian-plane-crash?lite

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

wow don't get so angry about lack of responses... I would like to have seen some more pictures... funny after watching all the 9-11 footage you would think that the plane would have burned up and left no remains...

Except maybe a wheel and the photo id of the suspected pilot.

edit:

Coming back to the thread and seeing that you deleting your whining racist remark because of the negative reactions you got from it has made up my mind on this specific thread.

Dont be a Postbaiter just to get a response..

More pictures.

Less whining

edit on 3-6-2012 by Doalrite because: because of lameness

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
What becuase its black people or in Nigeria no one cares?

Typical.

What the hell are you saying. It's horrible about this plane crash. I saw your thread and am watching news on it.

Just because you aren't getting*instant* response to your new thread, is no reason to post what you did above. Shame on on.

Des

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
just saw this on the news

thanks for posting the links

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
What a whiner. Boo Hoo my thread didn't get enough responses in the first few minutes it was posted, everyone must be racist. Put it back in the deck.

It is a real tragedy and I hate to think what those final moments were like.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The plane wreckage didn't disintegrate?

This seems like a pre 9/11 plane crash, wreckage, dead bodies, all these things that use to happen when planes hit structures.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Delete the black before people and lets drop the country tag too..........doesn't matter what colour or country this happened in, people have just died........so stick your colour card and country affiliate where the sun don't shine

Wolfie

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Wow...look at all of the large pieces of the plane just from these few pictures we have already......

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
To the OP, if you want to see people not caring, check my thread on the Palestinian hunger strikers.

edit : link - www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit : glad that hunger strike is over btw.

This is horrible news too, wonder what the real cause was...
edit on 3-6-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

No just some of us choose not to focus on the doom and gloom of a lost human life. In this case however it is multiple. I imagine from the pictures that there are no survivors, tragic day for all family members of the people who were on board.
I just checked NOTAM's and ASN and it appears the crash happened due to a missed approach. It is always more tragic when the accident can be avoided, and is not the result of mechanical failure. One saying from being a pilot is, One thing after takeoff will never change, you will always make your way back to the ground, how graceful is the deciding factor.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Nice edit.

For the record, threads don't do that well on Sunday afternoons. They don't do well when posted just before 5 pm my time either. Look at the Recent Posts page, and you'll see that the page still shows posts from quite a while ago. There just aren't a lot of people posting at the moment.

Sad for the people on board, and the people on the ground. The thought of a plane crash is very sad. It must be terrifying to know you are going down and have a few moments to prepare for it.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Link This after another plane crashed onto a road in the same area.

Nigerian Eye reported from the scene that bodies could be seen burning on the ground.
Advertise | AdChoices
The crash came after 10 other people were killed when a Boeing 727 cargo plane flying from Lagos crashed Saturday in Accra, the capital of Ghana, and hit a bus, the Sunday Tribune of Nigeria reported.
The crew of four survived, authorities said.
A senior military officer told the Sunday Tribune that the bus was severely damaged, while the plane's wings and tail broke off from its body

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

This after another plane crashed onto a road in the same area.

Actually..when I saw the news alert, I thought it was the same crash, until I saw your thread.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

What becuase its black people or in Nigeria no one cares?

Typical.

What the hell are you saying. It's horrible about this plane crash. I saw your thread and am watching news on it.

Just because you aren't getting*instant* response to your new thread, is no reason to post what you did above. Shame on on.

Des

he's always like that with his threads. Buddy buddy is a little too antsy.

My only response to the op:

what the building didn't melt into the ground?
The plane didn't dissapear?

This is obviously a fake story.
We all know from watching 9/11..

Are pilots losing it?
Are their navigation systems malfunctioning?
The Russians recently accused us of hacking their passenger plane. Maybe this is related to that somehow. Maybe the NWO needs to make sure the only airlines are American?

Maybe something with the earths magnetosphere is off? I seem to have this idea in my head that our brains are running on the same frequency as the earths pulse and maybe it is flipping? Atleast weakening. are there not stories of cosmonauts going crazy while getting closer to the edge of our protective magnetic field. Maybe all the animal die offs and beachings are related. They could be more sensitive than us.

The pilots would be more affected by this weakening magnetic field because of the higher altitude.

OR..
It was a plain plane malfunction...

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Very sad, I feel for the families and friends of
those lost in this terrible tragedy.

link   
This too :

Nigeria church blast kills at least 12
Suicide bomber crashed car laden with explosives into building in Yelwa, on outskirts Bauchi city

www.guardian.co.uk...

link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Originally posted by Destinyone

Are pilots losing it?
Are their navigation systems malfunctioning?
The Russians recently accused us of hacking their passenger plane. Maybe this is related to that somehow. Maybe the NWO needs to make sure the only airlines are American?

Maybe something with the earths magnetosphere is off? I seem to have this idea in my head that our brains are running on the same frequency as the earths pulse and maybe it is flipping? Atleast weakening. are there not stories of cosmonauts going crazy while getting closer to the edge of our protective magnetic field. Maybe all the animal die offs and beachings are related. They could be more sensitive than us.

The pilots would be more affected by this weakening magnetic field because of the higher altitude.

OR..
It was a plain plane malfunction...

They are claiming that it could be possible to their poor radar and electrical generating systems. They lose power and radar screens go black.

link   
RIP to the victims that is just horrible.

On another note is the building still standing? we all know what happened on 9/11

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join