It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passenger plane crashes in Nigeria into Building.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
they should use this situatiion to invade the congo and swaziland...lol

nigeria is a big ass place....what kind of bad luck let it come down in busy lagos

bless the dead
peace

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Two crashes in 25 hours is quite interesting considering they were just given the classification to fly to the U.S just recently.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Wait, a plane crashed into a building and parts of the plane are visible? I thought they were supposed to disappear?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Although it sucks when it happens, plane crashes just arent major attention grabbing, reply generating threads because they happen so often.
Unless of course there is a political figure on board or entire 100 story buildings implode, then the conspiracies are all over it.

Seriously though OP, do you expect this thread to be some kind of memorial, want everyone to pop in just to say how sad and RIP or whatever?
Plane crashed, people died. What is there to discuss?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
The plane wreckage didn't disintegrate?

This seems like a pre 9/11 plane crash, wreckage, dead bodies, all these things that use to happen when planes hit structures.

LOL I was thinking the same thing. When I looked at the photos of this crash, I was shocked and disturbed by what clearly appears to be airplane parts and fiery wreckage. Ever since 9/11, the only thing I expect to see after something like this is a pile of dust and a completely in-tact passport

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ssupp
Wait, a plane crashed into a building and parts of the plane are visible? I thought they were supposed to disappear?

It wasn't a really strong building and it must be one of them new fangled planes that's heavier than air. What seems kind of horrible is the burning bodies, they didn't have any of those at 9/11. One can only assume that to withstand the crash and come out burning, they must be zombies.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This is terrible news.
And to make it worse, it is on the 50th anniversary of the Air France Incident. Sending positive thoughts out to all those affected.

Oh and by the way, please can we show some respect and not use this incident to try and debunk 9-11? It's been like 10 minutes since this happened. There are people dying right this minute, yet all some of you care about is if this proves debunkers right or wrong?
I sometimes wonder about some of the people here on ATS

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
well it is nigeria and alot of the planes arent large commercial linners . they are smaller passenger planes that usually fit no mre than about 60. Smaller plane means less fuel to keep a fire burning for a long time and not as hot. less heat+less fire=more wreakage. But never the less anytime there is human loss it is a tragedy

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
the Op is correct in someways about thread response
post a 911 truth thread and watch the instant fun

any thread which is related to 911 type stuff that would be difficult to debunk with standard tactics will be avoided by the usuall suspects

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

That is how it looks when an airliner hits a building.

Now, lets re-cap Pentagon, and what's missing from those pictures.

That's the wreckage.

Nigerian crash - like any crash what so ever - involves wreckage of some sort.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
whats really missing ( besides debunkers) is a list of the destruction of things that totally helps those whom the terrorists are supposed to be attcking

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dyllels
This is terrible news.
And to make it worse, it is on the 50th anniversary of the Air France Incident. Sending positive thoughts out to all those affected

Please explain how this occurring on the 50th Anniversary of the Air France crash (really? you're still still keeping a candle lit for the Air France victims?) makes it worse.

Oh and by the way, please can we show some respect and not use this incident to try and debunk 9-11? It's been like 10 minutes since this happened. There are people dying right this minute, yet all some of you care about is if this proves debunkers right or wrong?

All of the 9/11 comments have been humorous in nature and not part of any debunking effort. First rule of comedy: it's NEVER too soon.

I sometimes wonder about some of the people here on ATS

I was thinkin' the same thing. If you came to ATS to peddle your pity for your pity party, you picked the wrong place.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by draco49

You are comparing a plane crashing shortly after takeoff while attempting to return to the airport to planes flying at 500mph?
Why would you expect to see similar results?

edit on 6/3/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Because we all know that jet fuel burns much hotter the faster the plane is going when it crashes.

The speed of the plane will be a factor with the debris field being scattered farther apart, but it doesn't make any difference with disintegrating plane parts upon impact. Jet fuel either burns plane parts into ashes, or it doesn't, it can't be both ways.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 33degree
well it is nigeria and alot of the planes arent large commercial linners . they are smaller passenger planes that usually fit no mre than about 60. Smaller plane means less fuel to keep a fire burning for a long time and not as hot. less heat+less fire=more wreakage. But never the less anytime there is human loss it is a tragedy

Not really they have a small fleet of Macdonald douglas 83s/ md-83 for 150 of feared dead.

edit on 3-6-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

but it doesn't make any difference with disintegrating plane parts upon impact.

Really?
The amount of kinetic energy has nothing to do with it? Interesting.
Try dropping an ice cube on concrete. Now try throwing it. Notice any difference?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by draco49

You are comparing a plane crashing shortly after takeoff while attempting to return to the airport to planes flying at 500mph?
Why would you expect to see similar results?

I just naturally assumed that since it was a plane hitting a building, the only remains would be heap of pulverized concrete and the pilot's passport. Seems logical to me. Am I missing something?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by draco49

Am I missing something?

Apparently your physics classes.
E=.5mv^2
(hint: v=velocity)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
here is some phsicks for ya:

You may remember that after the planes hit the World Trade Center towers--an epic disaster that melted structural steel designed to withstand a Hellish temperature of 2000 degrees Fahrenheit, incinerated both planes’ cockpit recorders and black-box recorders, and vaporized the flesh and bones of nearly 3,000 human beings--the passport of suspected hijacker Mohammed Atta was found intact, in pristine condition, lying on the sidewalk below.

How this miracle occurred has never been explained--but that is the way with miracles, they cannot be explained, only taken on faith.

I should add that there are two other reasons why we should not doubt the reality of this miracle: (1) It was reported as FACT by the authorities

and the mainstream media. (2) It is a well known FACT that, in major news events of this kind, miracles routinely occur, the best known example being the discovery of the Magic Bullet--the bullet which, after tearing through both President Kennedy and Governor Connally’s bodies and smashing through Connally’s wrist, emerged in pristine condition--in fact, was in better condition than if it had been fired through a bale of cotton. Thus, there is a precedent for this kind of thing happening. It happened on November 22, 1963, and it happened again on September 11, 2001, when Mohammed Atta’s passport flew out of the fireball without so much as a scorch, or wrinkle, on it and floated down to the sidewalk to be picked up by someone whose attention was not focused on the flaming wreckage raining down from above.

It is always amazing when the laws of physics, probability, and reality itself are defied in a manner such as this.

Well, guess what. It happened again. I am not kidding. Both CBS News and the Associated Press are reporting that the passport of another hijacker, one Satam al-Sugami, floated down to Earth along with Mohammed Atta's passport. And not just a charred piece of a passport but , like the other passort, it was IN PRISTINE CONDITION.

Don't believe me? Here's the link:

www.11alive.com...

I do not know what to say. I am shocked, dumbfounded, stupefied, thunderstruck. I am also--I hate to admit this, but, well, here goes: I am beginning to doubt. And yet how can I doubt? The government and the mainstream media say it is so; therefore, it must be so.

now thats PHYSICS!

I bet the nigerians are all wishing they had the new IDs like wtc an tefflawns like at the pentagone

edit on 3-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

eta
www.rumormillnews.com...
here is the forgotten link
thanks for pointing that out Phage

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by JibbyJedi

but it doesn't make any difference with disintegrating plane parts upon impact.

Really?
The amount of kinetic energy has nothing to do with it? Interesting.
Try dropping an ice cube on concrete. Now try throwing it. Notice any difference?

The debris field is wider spread from the faster impact, but jet fuel doesn't burn hotter regardless.

There are experiments with planes crashing into cement walls at slow and fast speeds and there is a difference in kinetic energy and left over plane debris, but disintegration via jet fuel shouldn't make a difference at 50mph or 500mph.

The Pentagon debris should have been very visible. but it wasn't. That's my only point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join