It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passenger plane crashes in Nigeria into Building.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 33degree
well it is nigeria and alot of the planes arent large commercial linners . they are smaller passenger planes that usually fit no mre than about 60. Smaller plane means less fuel to keep a fire burning for a long time and not as hot. less heat+less fire=more wreakage. But never the less anytime there is human loss it is a tragedy

You have obviously never flown in Nigeria. I have, and the route between Lagos (the largest business city, aka "NYC") and Abudja, the capitol (aka "Washington") is the most popular one with thousands of people flying every day. The planes used on this route are usually one of the larger, modern Airbus models.

Can't speak for what Dana Air use though as I've never flown with them.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

here is some phsicks for ya:

You may remember that after the planes hit the World Trade Center towers--an epic disaster that melted structural steel designed to withstand a Hellish temperature of 2000 degrees Fahrenheit, incinerated both planes’ cockpit recorders and black-box recorders, and vaporized the flesh and bones of nearly 3,000 human beings--the passport of suspected hijacker Mohammed Atta was found intact, in pristine condition, lying on the sidewalk below.

How this miracle occurred has never been explained--but that is the way with miracles, they cannot be explained, only taken on faith.

I should add that there are two other reasons why we should not doubt the reality of this miracle: (1) It was reported as FACT by the authorities

and the mainstream media. (2) It is a well known FACT that, in major news events of this kind, miracles routinely occur, the best known example being the discovery of the Magic Bullet--the bullet which, after tearing through both President Kennedy and Governor Connally’s bodies and smashing through Connally’s wrist, emerged in pristine condition--in fact, was in better condition than if it had been fired through a bale of cotton. Thus, there is a precedent for this kind of thing happening. It happened on November 22, 1963, and it happened again on September 11, 2001, when Mohammed Atta’s passport flew out of the fireball without so much as a scorch, or wrinkle, on it and floated down to the sidewalk to be picked up by someone whose attention was not focused on the flaming wreckage raining down from above.

It is always amazing when the laws of physics, probability, and reality itself are defied in a manner such as this.

Well, guess what. It happened again. I am not kidding. Both CBS News and the Associated Press are reporting that the passport of another hijacker, one Satam al-Sugami, floated down to Earth along with Mohammed Atta's passport. And not just a charred piece of a passport but , like the other passort, it was IN PRISTINE CONDITION.

Don't believe me? Here's the link:

www.11alive.com...

I do not know what to say. I am shocked, dumbfounded, stupefied, thunderstruck. I am also--I hate to admit this, but, well, here goes: I am beginning to doubt. And yet how can I doubt? The government and the mainstream media say it is so; therefore, it must be so.

now thats PHYSICS!

Those terrorists passports are pretty darn good quality I tell yah. Wish the rest of us had passports of equal quality.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Cue the comparions to 9/11.....

An accidental airline crash Into a small two story building does not compare to a deliberate attack of a commercial airliner flying over 400 miles per hour filled with fuel into a 100 story skyscraper.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Be3cause it was a low-speed impact!

The plane wreckage didn't disintegrate?

This seems like a pre 9/11 plane crash, wreckage, dead bodies, all these things that use to happen when planes hit structures.

How many times must the differences be explained?

Since the jet was arriving Lagos, from another city....and the crash is in Lagos, then it happened during the approach to landing.

Therefore, it (the wreckage) will appear very similar to all other type of similar accidents, for that phase of flight.

NO comparison to 9/11 in any way, shape or form.

If you want to see a higher-speed impact, and disintegration, there are other examples. American Airlines 965 near Cali, Columbia, and of course, the PSA flight 1771 in Northern California. They can be found via a simple Internet search.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Two crashes in 25 hours is quite interesting considering they were just given the classification to fly to the U.S just recently.

Wish to fact-check, there? Which airline are you referring?

Because, this one in Lagos was an MD-83, owned and operated by Dana Airlines....a domestic Nigerian airline which, according to Wikipedia, had only five (now, only four) such jets....total. And operates to only about a half-dozen cities in Nigeria.

The MD-83 is not the type of jet that would be used across the Atlantic Ocean.

edit on 3-6-2012 by PluPerfect because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Typical.

The pilots would be more affected by this weakening magnetic field because of the higher altitude.

Can you explain how your statement can be reconciled with the inverse square law that applies to magnetic fields? And if they had been at "high altitude" they wouldn't have it the building, now would they?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
Lmao, well the OP got his wish, so far about 3 pages of replies,except most of them are referencing 9-11

Yeah most threads about any type of plane crash almost always has some fools bringing 9/11 into it even though it's completely irrelavent.I don't get why they aren't removed.But anyway this was just a horrible accident,I feel for the familes.
edit on 3-6-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Other plane crashes are compared to 911 because they don't have the same fools shilling or believing the OS.

Its a SAD STATE of AFFAIRS that one has to look at OTHER CRASHES to see what really happens when a normal plane crashes into a normal building.

So far it isn't looking good for another set of 911 miracles happening on their own
(PHYSICS)
or for the same kind of concerted BS propaganda ...
(PSYOPS)

edit on 4-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I do not know why people are surprised that so much of the plane is still recognisable, only an idiot believes a planes disintigrates almost entirely, leaving conveniently sized, arrangable, photo opportunities behind and not much else.

The pentagon, lol, "the wings folded back against the body and the plane dissapeared inside, intact".

I feel sorry for those people on the ground, no doubt just doing their jobs, fully expecting to be going home at the end of the shift.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by The X

Because this is not a true statement:

The pentagon, lol, "the wings folded back against the body and the plane dissapeared inside, intact".

Every airplane crash will look different, after the energy of the force of impact has dissipated. The energy involved in the impact will be a direct result of the airplane's velocity, at impact, and also the type of impact......i.e., whether it is a direct impact, or one that dissipates along the ground, in various ways.

Take a look at examples known as "controlled flight into terrain" (or, 'CFIT') when a jet hit a mountain, or the elevated ground at high speeds, such as normal cruise speeds. The American Airlines crash near Cali, Columbia is one example. The airplane disintegrated into small fragments, because of its speed on impact.

This Nigerian crash is a typical-looking landing approach type of accident, for whatever reason will eventually be determined.....they got too low, for some reason, and hard objects got in the way. But, you can see even there the devastation and fragmentation, and this from an airspeed in the realm of about 170 to 150 knots, typically.

Triple those speeds, on impact, and you rise the energy forces by a factor of nine.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Its a SAD STATE of AFFAIRS that one has to look at OTHER CRASHES to see what really happens when a normal plane crashes into a normal building.

See the post just above.

The only "shills" are the ones who are ignorant of the physics of airplane crashes....those who ARE better informed can look at the 9/11 cases and see instantly why and how they appear as they do....

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join