It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the healthiest form of Vitamin C?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
i remember reading that there is this certain type of vitamin C that "your body will love you" if you take that type?

i was hoping to combine THAT specific type of vitamin C with the liposomal vit C method, and try it that way.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

does anybody know anything useful?

any tips?

thanks

edit on 1-6-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
personally I dont like ascorbic acid, I could be misguided, but I prefer Amla-c made from berries by Pure Planet. I find juicing probably does me well in the vit c area..although natures Plus chewables are really good, its still ascorbic acid, which may be ok but the way It was explained to me is the ascorbic acid isnt complete like vit c from a berry or fruit with all the other stuff, like a steering wheel with no car...Its probably good still though, I hear vit c is a very under rated vitamin.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by avatard

well technically, i didn't mean it like a brand, i meant the type...

i heard there was this "chelated vitamin c"

that was better or something?

i don't know much.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Guavas, oranges and most vegetables.

From what I've seen lately I'd avoid artificial supplementation.
These things like anti-oxidants and vitamins are becoming like drugs in mega-doses, and we never evolved with any of that.

Strange, the site is full of anti-medicine and people, and yet we find these artificially produced substances in almost everything these days, from "functional foods" to preservatives.
And people accept it simply on the basis of good marketing.
And then we should still take extra doses!
Where is the proof that this is safe, or at least necessary and desirable?

Not to knock what anyone believes or chooses to do, just another view.

Although Vitamin C is at least not harmful to most people so far, but some other supplements may increase health-risks:

Laboratory produced Vitamin C is apparently made from: 1.Sorbitol 2.Acetone (nail polish remover) 3.Perchloric Acid (rocket fuel and explosives) 4.Benzene 5. Nickel 6. Bleach 7.Toluene (solvent in glue and paint).

Oh yummy, I'm sure we need to shove loads of that stuff into our systems.
But em, what's it supposed to do again, except for some kind of very worrying overdrive in mega-doses, which could be a placebo?

edit on 1-6-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Google is able to pull About 76,400 results in a mere 0.31 second, discussing this very question in every detail thinkable.

In order to have your question answered in the fastest and most comprehensive way possible, you might consider this approach.

Just saying

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
Google is able to pull About 76,400 results in a mere 0.31 second, discussing this very question in every detail thinkable.

In order to have your question answered in the fastest and most comprehensive way possible, you might consider this approach.

Just saying

google is too vague and over generalized to give me the the exact information i want.

i already tried and couldn't find it.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
My humble opinion: Rose Hips

I like the ones from wild roses, non-chemically treated and not genetically messed up!

Here's a link to follow for more info: Web MD

Some people use rose hip as a source of vitamin C. It is true that fresh rose hip contains vitamin C. But processing and drying of the plant destroys most of the vitamin C.

More about rose Hips

There is as much vitamin C in a cup of rosehip pulp as in 40 oranges.

My Granny taught me

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I think Kiwi's are technically the best provider of vitamin C

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska
reply to post by avatard

well technically, i didn't mean it like a brand, i meant the type...

i heard there was this "chelated vitamin c"

that was better or something?

i don't know much.

Chelate means to "grab onto" and is a process that doctors use to remove heavy metal toxins from the blood (the chelating agent binds onto the heavy metals, producing a larger non-bioactive molecule which can be excreted). There are several chemicals to do this and Vitamin C is one of them. Note that Vitamin C will remove all minerals by chelation, not just the bad ones. This means that it is important to supplement minerals if taking large (tens of grams) doses of vitamin C.

Generally, Vitamin C preparations that include these additional mineral supplements are called "chelated vitamin C". This is a marketing misunderstanding, the vitamin C is not chelated, it contains minerals that vitamin C would chelate.

edit on 1/6/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Citrus fruits are the best source , including tomatoes.

top topics

join