It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milky Way is headed for a crash course about to collide into another galaxy!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

with basic math

4 billion years into the future they'll have more than just basic maths.

Interesting thread. Maybe humans will have reached another galaxy and they'll sit there watching the show, who knows, but I doubt they'll have basic math.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
reply to post by boncho

with basic math

4 billion years into the future they'll have more than just basic maths.

Interesting thread. Maybe humans will have reached another galaxy and they'll sit there watching the show, who knows, but I doubt they'll have basic math.

Or they could be near wiped out in the mean time and have to relearn everything from a small tribe out of the city that was left to repopulate. Or another species could evolve entirely to something similar to mankind... Who knows?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
The amount of power the sun generates, volume for volume is about 2% of what the compost pile in your backyard does...

I need a source for that Chad.

The claim is stated (in part) in this wikipedia page on the solar core, but I'm going to work it out for myself using the entire sun's volume.
The internet says...

Sun's diameter = 1,392,000 km ... volume = 1.412 x 10^27 cubic metres
Power output = 386 Yottawatts. ( 3.86 x 10^26 Watts )
thus
power output is a measly 0.273 Watts per cubic metre.

Conclusion: The sun is really weak.

The claim is that the compost heap will be 50 times more powerful = 13.7 Watts per cubic metre.

Not sure what the power output of a compost heap is, and google isnt helping me much, but it tells me a chicken puts out 20 Watts. Is a compost heap more or less powerful than a chicken scaled up to a metre sized cube??

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I watched an animation of this collision earlier, and would like to put fourth the symbolism I saw in how this may work. The centre of these two galaxy's is the scorce for eaches gravity. It's what holds them together. As they approach each other, and waltz, outer pieces are thrown out, cast away. Any thing close enough to scorce stays safely put and eventually merges into one. Many coincidences, selestial, heavenly, earthly and bodily suggest nature repeats itself on many levels. Noah had to build an ark. Could it have been arc?= spark, connection. Connecting to points in space and time. When I visualise what would happen energetically if something like niburu was to pass though our solar system, I get the same sort of image. Then put this in with the rapture, you can see how it's possible for people/planets, to just dissapear. they can get flung of/ out. Cast away of saved? Dunno! I'm not religious, just see historicle stories in everything of late.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I want to power the Earth off of chickens.

How exactly do you scale one up though?

edit on 2-6-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
From what ive heard there is so much empty space in a galaxy that there is very little chance that celestial bodys will collide. but im sure a few will but chances are we will b fine.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I thought you would be interested in this article on viewzone.com about how our solar system really originated in a whole other galaxy called the Sagittarius Dwarf galaxy. The link for the page is www.viewzone.com... .

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join