It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 91
<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackangel13

Originally posted by Julie Washington
I cannot verify the quality of this source, however I found bulk Sunflower Lecithin at incredibly cheap prices.

Azure Standard

You must sign up for an account to get their prices. So I made an account and this is what they publish for pricing:

16 ozs $5.05
32 ozs $8.55
1 Gallon $30.20

*snip*

I just placed an order for 16oz of liquid sunflower lecithin from this site. here is my total to have it shipped to me

NS392 Bulk Sunflower Lecithin, Liquid 16 ozs. 1 $5.05
Estimated UPS Shipping Cost: $13.59
Azure Standard UPS Small Order Handling Fee: $2.50
Estimated Total: $21.14

I was between this site and the www.mysunflowerlecithin.com... site, for the "standard" lecithin from that site it would have been over $30 for 16oz so i went with the cheaper of the two.

i have no idea how to gauge the "quality" of it but hopefully the taste of it is better than the soy lecithin so my wife will be able to take it

ETA: woot 20 posts i can flag this thread now!

edit on 19-2-2013 by blackangel13 because: (no reason given)

Lemme know how that goes for you. I am planning on buying from them next. I did not see any shipping costs, so I e-mailed them to ask about shipping, quality, methods of extraction and what not, and never heard back from them. So I was a little weary on whether or not to buy from them.

IF all goes well with your order, I will get from them as well, as those are best prices I've found thus far

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
*snip*
Lemme know how that goes for you. I am planning on buying from them next. I did not see any shipping costs, so I e-mailed them to ask about shipping, quality, methods of extraction and what not, and never heard back from them. So I was a little weary on whether or not to buy from them.

IF all goes well with your order, I will get from them as well, as those are best prices I've found thus far

Will do, just got confirmation last night that is shipped. I was unsure of them too but found their facebook page and it looked like a lot of people used them and they were very active answering questions and helping people with problems on there so i took a chance.

On another note, i have a question for everyone. I've seen basically 4 variables mentioned in this thread on how to make the lipo vita c and am unsure if there is a *best* way to do it.

they 4 variables were;

1) Heat the water for the lecithin
2) don't heat the water for the lecithin
3) let the lecithin soak in the water for X hours
4) don't let the lecithin soak in water

and any combination of those 4 variables. So i've read that heating the water opens up the liposomes allowing better encapsulation but heat is bad for vita c so you need to cool the water first, then i read that the liposomes form right away so you need to mix the lecithin and vita c together right away, which means you can't heat the water. so i'm just confused on what the *best* way to make it is so i get the most encapsulation.

thanks!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
There are too many pages to read, but my favorite vit C powder is from the Vit C foundation, non GMO. However, what I don't understand is after you make up the large amount, and put in the fridge, how much do you drink at a time and do you finish that large amount in one day?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Update to my experiences:

After 1 month of taking 2oz each morning every day we stopped taking it as a break to asses our vitals and now after our 2nd morning without our doses, both of us are felling tired and lethargic.

Every morning for the last month we have both been active and full of energy when heading off to work, but now we just don't feel it...

More proof that the Lipo-C is the real deal

Will be making more this weekend.

Sirric

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

The usual dosage is approx. 2oz a day Unity. I take 1oz in the morning on an empty stomach, the other 1oz I take around 2:00 in the afternoon. Some take slightly more, I'm small, so only take 2oz a day for maximum benefits.

Don't take it all in one day....

Des

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by blackangel13

I combine the lecithin and the Vit-C right away and then blend for 5-7 minutes then immediately Ultrasonic it for 32 minutes until the foam is gone.

I don't: soak overnight, heat it, or combine and let sit and my batches are away right and I get the full benefit.

sirric

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

The dosage was mysteriously not on the first page or the video.

You can buy the packages from Vit C foundation, and if you're using it to replace intravenous, 5 a day is recommended or more. That makes the amount over 200 a month. Quite an industry has evolved around C.
I think smaller amounts and prevention would be ideal. And was wondering what the equivalent would be to say, 2-5 grams of C.

The dose your suggesting is more in line with what I would do. I usually take 1/2 a tsp, so roughly 2 grams of C daily, twice that if Im sick.

edit on 22-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Unity,

Just to clarify - Are you taking Vitamin C Powder or Liposomal Vitamin C?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Well my battle has begun due to a devastating situation.

My 80 year old mother who lives with us had a bad fall and broke her neck in 2 places. She is currrently in ICU and after surgery to fuse her C2 through C7, is stable.

She is in one of the best trauma hospitals in the country.

I talked to the pharmacist yesterday and requested to add 20 grams IV Vitamin C to her drip line and the pharmasist said that she would do no such thing and was certain that the hospital doesn't even have that much Vitamin C on hand!

WTF WTF WTF

One of the best trauma hospitals in the country doesn't have 20 grams of Vitamin C for trauma patients?

So off to the computer I go last night and start research on this hospital's use of Vitamin C - I LOVE GOOGLE!

And low and behold I find one of the only studies of the benefits of IV Vitamin C on trauma patients done BY THIS HOSPITAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The study goes on and on about benefits of Vitamin C and antioxidents as reducing organ failure by 60%, reduction in ICU days of stay and reduction in wound healing and sooooo much more.

But they don't have Vitamin C in on hand.

Someone better have some answers for me today!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

I'm taking Vitamin C foundation powder not the lipsomal. They also sell that, and have researched it. I don't take as big a dose as I used to. Used to take 5 grams or more. Now I sail in and out of it and usually take no more than 2. And actually, will be trying the liposomal after taking baking soda/apple cider vinegar and MSM for a couple months. C in larger amounts actually hurt my arthritis more. So did the potassium iodide I was taking. The MSM really helped (well just started that and was surprised it works) and Vit D.

So first that, and then I will order the ultrasonic jelewry cleaner and try for smaller doses of C and monitor my heatlh.

C is really important, with the Vitamin C foundation powder (which I found far superior to anything I bought even at the health food store), I used to nip alot of colds and infections, even teeth, in the bud quickly.

So not liking having this good arsenal taking from me due to arthritis. Once that is controlled, there has to be a balance found with the C because while its curative as I've found, its prevention.
edit on 22-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
OK so, I’ve been taking Liposomal Vitamin C for a total of 5 months or so. I’m currently going through Mid-Aged-Puberty, which basically means instead of going out and buying a 1947 Triumph Speed Twin, I’ve opted on giving my mind, body and soul a major overhaul.

The first thing I wanted to do was to rid my body of all toxins. I basically wanted to crawl inside my body and take a wire brush to all my inner walls and remove all the rust and crud buildup I’ve accumulated throughout the years. This is where healthy eating and the LVC come into play.

Upon researching the healthy lifestyle, I stumbled across a few articles online regarding Vitamin C being an important part of healthy living --- so I took the plunge and began reading up on this stuff. I joined a Yahoo! forum dedicated to LVC, and I read lots of threads from the group users --- then… low and behold, ATS’s own dominicus decides to post his own thread about the stuff; so I began following the thread and the user comments.

Like a fungus, this topic was growing fast, and the pages were multiplying equally. Next thing I knew, the thread was 60-some-odd pages long! I read every page up to around page 63 or so. After this thread was around two months old, I decided to take the plunge and make my own batch --- I’d rather YOU be the guinea pigs so that I can simply observe and take note; which is exactly what I did.

I made my batch, but I went in completely skeptical. Now, keep this in mind, I’m from the *vitamins don’t work* camp. But all the research I was doing and all the reading I did in this very thread, I was slightly convinced that there was some sort of legitimacy to this malarkey. Upon making my first batch, I take my first shot ---- UGH! This sh!t is god-awful!!!

The taste reminded me of the times when I was a kid and I had to go to the pet store to buy parrot food, fish food or whatever damn animal food I had to get (we grew up with tons of critters at home). Now, how the hell did the smell that was coming from the baby chicken coop section of the pet store end up in my mouth? My god! I took the shot fresh out of the ultrasonic cleaner, so it was still warm… bad move! In the fridge it goes!

After that horrendous experience that I volunteered to, it was around 45 minutes after I took the shot, where it felt as if I had drunk a Red Bull. I had some good energy going on… and I dug it! I continued for a few months afterwards. I’d drink a shot every morning. I’d use my regular Tequila shot glass or a NyQuil shot glass, which is 30ml (or 1oz), and that’s it. A one ounce shot of grossness every morning would do it for me.

During the time I started taking the LVC, I began working out. I started doing light workouts - calisthenics and running mainly – and eating healthy. Eating healthy was my main focus since I wanted to start cleansing and detoxifying from the inside and just work my way outward. I was doing impressively well. I would always hear the same compliments --- “hey, you’re looking good / your skin looks great”, so that alone was grounds to keep going.

Well, after I finished my last batch, I stopped taking my LVC shots after about 3 months or so because I had used up all of my distilled water and I was having a hard time finding more. Interestingly enough, I had caught that flu that was going around the States in late fall/early winter. It hit me bad. I spent Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve with the flu… and that sucked!

Come January 2013, as my flu symptoms were going away, I finally found some distilled water - so I stocked up on quite a few gallons. I made my first batch of the year, and I made it a point to pound it into my head… “keep eating healthy – take your Vitamin C –start working out again–get your a** back in gear... and FOCUS!”

It’s now late February 2013, and I’ve been hitting it hard for over a month now, and I’ve gotta say this, I feel incredible. I feel alive! I have incredible clarity and I’m feeling pretty damn healthy all around. My energy level is insane and my personality went from cloudy to sunny! What I did notice about the LVC is that my energy level after taking the shot is heightened. When I wasn’t taking the LVC, I was in serious couch potato mode.

I recall the user Des saying that her gray hair was darkening --- and I remember thinking to myself… “I don’t want my gray’s to darken… I dig the way my salt ‘n’ pepper’s growing out… and the ladies have even commented on it”… well, it seems as if that her observation may in fact be true. The silver on my temples seems to be darkening (not cool) and I’m noticing the roots are dark. Well, that can be attributed to my major diet change, or it could be the LVC(?) either way, it’s all good in my hood!

So here I am in a nutshell, saying I dig this stuff. I’m going to keep on taking it – no matter how god-awful this sh!t tastes! Time for me to up my dosage to 2oz now!

Thanks to everyone who participated in this topic!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Oh Julie,my heart goes out to you and your Mother.
I hope she recovers.
Maybe you can take her Lipo Vit C in a drink form to the hospital?
Smuggle it in if need be.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Best of luck Julie!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I noticed that the soy lecithin I just picked up has the ingredients listed as "soybeans, phosphorus" which suggest to me that extra phosphorous has been added.
I know that lecithin already has a substantial phosphorous content but does all soy lecithin have extra phosphorus or added?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Glad this thread is still going as I have become a real believer in liposomal encapsulated vitamin c. I am under enormous stressors - not of my making - for just over two years now. The stress has impacted on my health and I started making my own liposomal vitamin c last year.

I started by making one glass as I could only afford a small ultrasonic cleaner. One glass a day went up to two and I started to feel a little better particularly as I learned to make the liposomal vitamin c with no foam at all.

I recently read the wonderful thread by Julie Washington and decided to research and do my sums and I upped my dose. Started to make three glasses a day and decided to try and take as much as I could to really push my neural system back to where it should be.

Got to four glasses and could not do five - on the second day of trying to reach my limit - I had reached my limit and my body cleaned itself out. I felt great!!!! The next morning I felt the best I had felt in two years. I did not feel like pushing food into my body, though I did eat later on when I became hungry.

I recommend liposomal encapsulated vitamin c. Not only did my adrenal glands feel better I looked at a varicose vein that is not too bad and swear it had lessened - that took me by surprise.

I turned my fridge off about eighteen months ago - to save money and only make a glass at a time. I make both the cup of water with three level tablespoons of lecithin granules and the half a cup of ascorbic acid with one level tablespoon at the same time. As soon as the ascorbic acid has fully dissolved I put the whizz stick in the lecithin and it blends in ten seconds. Both go in the ultrasonic cleaner for six minutes and I never have foam anymore. I use the same cup and utensils. I use a basting thingy to suck up the finished mixture as it has measurement on it. I make about 5mls per glass. My estimations are based on the 8Aloha doctors estimates.

The doctor estimates that 12 grams equals 12,000 mgs vitamin c (approximately). I estimate that two glasses a day gives me 5,000 mgs (approximately). I went into this not expecting a result I wanted to see whether it would work - it works. I would encourage everyone to try it.Thank you to everyone who has and is sharing information on this very healthful vitamin.

Much Peace...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Success!

After presenting my research (to those who gave me that "whatever look") the hospital will allow me to bring in the Liposomal Vitamin C for my mom. Haven't had contact with the 'main doctor" yet.

I fear the 4 days that we have wasted, not having her on this.

I didn't ask if they would give it to her or if I have to give it to her... I'll find out later today.

A step in the right direction at least.

I've also had an incredible stroke of luck. I'm in contact with a spinal injury foundation (just by chance an old friend of mine whose son had a severe spinal injury set up a spinal injury foundation, which I friended on facebook about a year agor - funny how things in life present themselves)... so I've asked them if they have any success or know of any direct benefits of treating spinal injuries with Vitamin C.

They replyed back right away and said "not really", the data is limited, but megavitamins have always been encouraged.

Well, as most of you know I've done thorough research on the benefits of Vitamin C. And I can't help but think that high doses of Vit C can play a positive healing role with spinal injuries.

I presented my limited research to them and just by chance they are meeting with the doctor who treated Christopher Reeve on Monday and they are going to propose this information to him.

I hope it doesn't get poo poo'ed as you know how it can.

So I've decided to spend the weekend putting together a direct proposal for them that they can present in a professional manner, rather than just a bunch of printed reports. I'll state the case, the reason, the benefits and the whys with research to back it up.

If we could just get them to be interested in it and perhaps try a bonafide medical study on using high dose Vit C for spinal injuries that would get me jumping for joy.

But we'll have to just wait and see. Keep the fingers crossed.
edit on 23-2-2013 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Hi Amanda,
Could you please clarify this?

"I make about 5mls per glass. My estimations are based on the 8Aloha doctors estimates."

Does mls = ml = milliliters? 5ml is only 1/3 of a tablespoon. Do you mean that you end up with 5ml content of vitamin C crystals in each glass/serving?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Keep chipping away - you know you have to. All the best for your grandmother. Let us know how the vitamin c performs when you finally get your way.

Much Peace...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

Thank goodness you are paying attention.I had a busy day yesterday and had soooo much energy I didn't write what I was supposed to.

The baster thingy has measurements on both sides - one side is mls. When it is full it holds 28 mls. The other side is ozs and when full holds one fluid oz.

So - to set my calculations to a more correct measure - my glass is full at five fluid ozs. Thank you for noticing my blunder and giving me the chance to correct it. Truly - I was so excited at having so much energy yesterday I just did as much as I could all day!!

Hope this helps.

Much Peace...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
So I followed all the instructions bought all the items from the recommended link. I made my batch and it seemed to come out as expected, no foam at all, eggnog color. My question is, is it suppose to taste a lil sour?

top topics

<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join