I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 88
277
<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by arseni
 





So this takes me to the conclusion that heat is not good, and adding AA before lecithin is not good. Also with my unit, 32 minutes may not be enough. Assuming the foam test works, there’s a question can it be done wrong? Can the size/shape of the container affect the result. It was shown that with my glasses there can be nearly 3 inches foam formed, and even the best one made 1,5 inches. And does it make a difference if the foam disappears quickly like with batch 3 or stays like with 1 and 2? Any “foam specialists” here who could help with these questions?


Thanks so much for your thorough experimentation.

I read that freezing may be a problem so I have given that plan up. I won't post any references because I found no direct reference to AA. it was addressing loss of vit C in food. If anyone has references of effect of freezing, I'd be curious.

I tried a different way of making my lipo C by combining AA and Lecithin at the beginning.
Starting with the 1.5 cups water and tablespoon of AA, I added the 3 tabs lecithin
(rationale if the liposomes spontaneouly form, then there would already be AA preesent to be encapsulated).

Then I heated the mixture in a water bath to around 110 while stirring as supposedly heat "opens up the liposome. I stirred it but did not have a stick blender (curious about that equipment)
Then I placed the mixture overnight in frig. In the AM, the lecithin had settled.

Then I homogenized it.
I used the lowest blender setting and it all did become homogenized but LOTS of bubbles.
I tried the sonication and the bubbles just did NOT dissolve.

As I let some of the liquid sit I noticed some lecithin settled out.

So, I homogenized it again on high and there were with LESS bubbles than on low.
No lecithin settled out.

I then sonicated it and the bubbles took about 10 minutes to dissolve.
The mixture has no settling.
The taste is the same.

By the way, I feel I need less sleep since I started taking 1 ounce twice daily.




posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I would love to find some reasonable sunflower lecithin.
This is the only source for sunflower lecithin that I found and shipping is really high. Anyone with something more reasonable. One of friends cannot tolerate the soy lecithin.

sunflower lecithin



Originally posted by OldSlim
I've read this thread till I'm dizzy.


Can anyone share a source for Sunflower Lecithin Powder?I found a source that could provide the product,but the shipping was outrageous.Another negative was that they would not take Paypal.That's not a deal killer,but the shipping was.

I suppose I could buy the softgels,but that would really be expensive doing it that way.

Anyone have a reasonable source?

Thanks.




posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
My local health food store did not carry sunflower lecithin, but they were happy to order it for me. It costs $10.59 for sixteen ounces.



posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by hardamber
My local health food store did not carry sunflower lecithin, but they were happy to order it for me. It costs $10.59 for sixteen ounces.

Do you know what the brand is???

Im overpaying for mine if you're getting 16 ounces for 10.59



posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard
 

Thanks for the reply KL. I am interested in hearing how this works for you, as my wife was diagnosed as having pernicious anaemia a while back.

Obviously home treatment would be both; less inconvenient as well as cheaper.
Looking forward to your update.




posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus
 

Blue Mountain Organics.



posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Timely
 


I took my first b12 shot today 1cc....they recommend 1 to 2 shots per week....I will go for 2 for awwhile and will let you know how it goes.

I froze a pieces of steel to numb the area for injection, worked perfectly after using an alcohol swab to clean the area...no pain whatsoever.


This is the place I got my supplies:

www.trimnutrition.com...



posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus
 


I'm still having trouble sourcing sunflower lecithin in Australia. The only place I've found it at is charging $27 per 16 ounce jar! That's not including shipping!

I've bought gelcaps from iHerb, good price and they have great shipping rates but don't sell the jars of it. Other US sites ship to Australia but postage will cost me minimum of $50.

It's really painful squeezing out those little gelcaps. Does anyone know where I can buy a jar without it costing me a fortune?



posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
thanks everyone who replied with ways to help the taste! I made another batch last night, this time did 3 tablespoons of soy to 2 tablespoons of vitamin C. I learned that i was incorrect on my assumption that my last batch, nor this batch, where not sour because they were very sour! i hadn't taken my homemade stuff on its own yet and had been mixing it with OJ so the sour was masked but the soy taste was not. Anyway, i tried some baking soda and vanilla and stevia and it did nothing for either the sour or soy taste
i will either have to keep searching or order those pills that were posted earlier for my wife.

i do find for myself that doing a shot with a chaser is preferable to mixing it with OJ and drinking it that way. I seem to handle the sour taste better than the soy taste.



posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by maggi
reply to post by arseni
 





So this takes me to the conclusion that heat is not good, and adding AA before lecithin is not good. Also with my unit, 32 minutes may not be enough. Assuming the foam test works, there’s a question can it be done wrong? Can the size/shape of the container affect the result. It was shown that with my glasses there can be nearly 3 inches foam formed, and even the best one made 1,5 inches. And does it make a difference if the foam disappears quickly like with batch 3 or stays like with 1 and 2? Any “foam specialists” here who could help with these questions?


Thanks so much for your thorough experimentation.

I read that freezing may be a problem so I have given that plan up. I won't post any references because I found no direct reference to AA. it was addressing loss of vit C in food. If anyone has references of effect of freezing, I'd be curious.

I tried a different way of making my lipo C by combining AA and Lecithin at the beginning.
Starting with the 1.5 cups water and tablespoon of AA, I added the 3 tabs lecithin
(rationale if the liposomes spontaneouly form, then there would already be AA preesent to be encapsulated).

Then I heated the mixture in a water bath to around 110 while stirring as supposedly heat "opens up the liposome. I stirred it but did not have a stick blender (curious about that equipment)
Then I placed the mixture overnight in frig. In the AM, the lecithin had settled.

Then I homogenized it.
I used the lowest blender setting and it all did become homogenized but LOTS of bubbles.
I tried the sonication and the bubbles just did NOT dissolve.

As I let some of the liquid sit I noticed some lecithin settled out.

So, I homogenized it again on high and there were with LESS bubbles than on low.
No lecithin settled out.

I then sonicated it and the bubbles took about 10 minutes to dissolve.
The mixture has no settling.
The taste is the same.

By the way, I feel I need less sleep since I started taking 1 ounce twice daily.


Hi,
I use the same method (mentioned a much earlier in this thread) of dissolving the AA then adding the lecithin after. I've noticed my bowel tolerance has remained the same and I theorise that the liposomes occur as soon as the lecithin is blended with the water, so it makes sense to ensure they begin to form over a vitamin/water solution.

One very important point that a lot of people miss is that you must NEVER heat or freeze the mixture as both destroy the vitamin C (heating much more than freezing).

My latest batch I have used these Sun Flower lecithin granules. So far the seem to be working fine - the taste is different (almost nutty/earthy) to the soy lecithin I've been using for the past 3 months. They do seem to take longer to dissolve (leave the mixture 2 nights in the fridge, blend each day before sonicating) but I make very large batches now which seem to last me a couple of weeks.

I hope the above helps.
edit on 9/2/13 by boxertwin because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by blackangel13
 


I did find more liposomal Vitamin C gelcaps here:

Source



posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I got my Ultrasonic Jewelry Cleaner and made me some LVC.

Tastes like salmon with sour taste in it. Would never had thought it would taste and smell like fish.
Tolerable though, if it tasted like seafood I wouldn't touch it!


Any one notice after day one in the fridge there is a settling, a milky yellow layer on top and a dark orangey layer on the bottom?
But on consecutive days it stays homogenous much better.

Seems to me the amount of ascorbic acid is way too small as I normally take 2000 mg's of Vc a day anyway.

According to my obscure way of calculating things, I got out my scale and measure grams of AA.
I approximate thusly:
1 Tablespoon [US] = 3 Teaspoons [US] ; 1 tsp of ascorbic acid weighs 4.8 grams

14.4 grams of Ascorbic acid total in two cups of water =

0.15 grams per tsp of which 10% loss = 0.135grams absorbed by body.

Now if I normally take 2grams of Vc a day in a tablet,

2 grams Vc of which 90% loss = 0.200grams absorbed by the body

At the recommended dose the website gives is 1tsp per day which is less than what I get in tablets.



I took 3 tsp's this morning which is about double my tablet dose about 4grams.

At what point does vitamin C start to be a cure all?
edit on 9-2-2013 by Toadmund because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund
 


I think your measurements are wrong.

Dissolved 3 level tablespoons of soy lecithin in 1 cup of water (preferably distilled).

Dissolved 1 level tablespoon of ascorbic acid powder (Vit. "C") in 1/2 cup of water.

This protocol furnishes about 12 grams (12000mg.) of vitamin C product.

Dosage of 1 ounce is equivalent to 1,000 mgs.

3 xs per day 3,000 mgs. at 70% absorption would be 2,100 mgs.

Where as with your 2,000 mg tablets at 15% absorption would be: 300 mgs.

Source



posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Quick report back re my bro in law.
He got chicken pox 48 hrs ago approx.
He has had 3 tablespoons of lipo vit c over the the last day and he is now up and about,fever seems to be held back if not gone.
I cant say yet if it the superjuice that is helping though as hes been having other stuff like garlic and ginger and more.
Time will tell.

My old dog is still on one tablespoon a day,in two halves morn and dusk.
And I think he is eating better,and maybe looks a little more happy in himself.
Again,time will tell.



posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by boxertwin
 


Thanks for the lecithin granules source. In the US about 15 oz is on ebay for about $34.00 including shipping.

I will not be freezing but I am not convinced about low" heat
If heat opens the liposomes, then I am intuiting that heat less than 110 F might stimulate the formation of liposomes.

I made a stronger batch based on a reference I found
7 tabs of lecithin, 3 tabs AA in 3 cups distilled water.

I placed the AA in all the water then placed the lecithin in and let it sit overnight then blended
I notice that high (smoothie setting) blending produces less bubbles.
Everything emulsified and is stable in the frig.

The solution is a little more sour so I think that the amount of lecithin to AA should have been more proportional
Next time I will try 9 tabs lecithin for 3 tabs AA (9 is to 6 as 3 is to 2 I think?).

In the mean time I am giving this to friends to try.



posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by maggi
reply to post by boxertwin
 


Thanks for the lecithin granules source. In the US about 15 oz is on ebay for about $34.00 including shipping.

I will not be freezing but I am not convinced about low" heat
If heat opens the liposomes, then I am intuiting that heat less than 110 F might stimulate the formation of liposomes.

I made a stronger batch based on a reference I found
7 tabs of lecithin, 3 tabs AA in 3 cups distilled water.

I placed the AA in all the water then placed the lecithin in and let it sit overnight then blended
I notice that high (smoothie setting) blending produces less bubbles.
Everything emulsified and is stable in the frig.

The solution is a little more sour so I think that the amount of lecithin to AA should have been more proportional
Next time I will try 9 tabs lecithin for 3 tabs AA (9 is to 6 as 3 is to 2 I think?).

In the mean time I am giving this to friends to try.


Maggi,

I am also experimenting.

I don't understand what "tabs" are.

I've been mixing the licithin and heating to 107, then adding the AA and putting into the freezer for a quick cool down for about 30 minutes and then putting into the sonicator.

I'm buzzing. Feeling much more affected.

Tried the bicard test and had very little foam, and then realized my baking soda was expired so need to pick up some fresh for a more accurate test.

But I'm feeling a difference for sure.

The heating of the lectithin to open up the cells and the immediate cool down to close them might be creating a more emulsified mix.

More later.



posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I wish I was feeling that buzz. I need the boost in energy. I have lots of things to accomplish.



posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
reply to post by Toadmund
 


I think your measurements are wrong.

Source

No just a different recipe, perhaps I will try your recipe link.

My recipe is from page 1.
www.quantumbalancing.com...



posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund

Originally posted by Julie Washington
reply to post by Toadmund
 


I think your measurements are wrong.

Source

No just a different recipe, perhaps I will try your recipe link.

My recipe is from page 1.
www.quantumbalancing.com...


I think their receipe is wrong. I notice they say to mix 1 tablesppon of Vitamin C into 1 Cup of Distilled Water.

It should be 1/2 Cup of Distilled Water.

Same as the second recipe they give with the baking soda. Notce in that receipe they are only using 4 oz of water which is 1/2 cup.



posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I cannot verify the quality of this source, however I found bulk Sunflower Lecithin at incredibly cheap prices.

Azure Standard

You must sign up for an account to get their prices. So I made an account and this is what they publish for pricing:

16 ozs $5.05
32 ozs $8.55
1 Gallon $30.20

Product Description

Unlike soy lecithin, sunflower lecithin – which is called Topcithin SF and comes in at the premium end of the range – does not need to be labelled as an allergen.

Lecithin is a common additive used in foods. It serves as an emulsifying agent, keeping ingredients from separating. It can also serve as a wetting agent, a coating base, a mixing aid, and many other purposes

Used as a blending agent in a variey of food products. It is also an important ingredient cosmetics, pharmacueticals and dietary supplements.

Sunflower Lecithin is rich in Phosphatidyl Choline, which comprises a major portion of our brain and nervous system. In addition, Sunflower Lecithin is naturally rich in Phosphatidyl Inositol, Phosphatidyl Ethanolamine, and is a source of essential fatty acids.

Non-GMO. Kosher. Product of Italy

Nutritional Information:

Average Values per 100g
Calories 870
Calories from Fat 610
Total Fat 70g
Saturated Fat 6g
Monounsaturated Fat 15g
Polyunsaturated Fat 38
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 30mg
Carbohydrates 5.5g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugars 3g
Protein 0g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 200 mg
Iron 0%
Vitamin E 100mg

They appear to be a company in Oregon. Maybe someone can vet them for quality.





new topics

top topics



 
277
<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

log in

join