It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Alright, so I figured I'd give this a go. Although I'm starting to think this may have all been some very ingenious advertising by Harbor Freight, as it seems everyone got their Ultrasonic Cleaner from them (me included).

Used distilled water (like $1.50/gallon at the same place that I bought the NOW Vitamin C Crystals and Non-GMO Soy Lechitin).

Followed the steps that MegaMind linked to here..

Everything went smoothly. I took 1/2oz (using a turkey baster) which is also 1 tablespoon about 30 min before dinner. I noticed no changes tonight. I'm a little confused on what dosage should be taken as I'm reading it all over the place. Just for a quick reference:

1 ounce = 2 tablespoons
1 tablespoon = 3 teaspoons

Some people are noticing dramatic changes using 1 teaspoon, which is a third of what I took, and I didn't notice any change. Others are taking 2 ounces (4 tablespoons). Others say "mouthful" or "swig". What should I be starting out at? Even the website I linked to that MegaMind mentioned says 1 teaspoon a day, which seems like too little of an amount.

I'm 30 years old and male and never go to the doctor, nor do I take any supplements, but I figured I'd give this a shot cause it sounded fun to try. I'm 6'0" and 175lbs (chubby, not muscle) and do not make an effort to eat healthy, but my diet is descent as I rarely eat fast food, and I only really eat when I'm hungry instead of when I'm told. I do not exercise at all, which I was hoping would change from this due to excess energy I would feel compelled to use.

I generally drink 2-3 cups of coffee in the morning, but no breakfast. I often skip lunch. I'll be starting tomorrow morning with 1 ounce and no breakfast (as usual). We will see how my cravings for coffee and energy levels last through the day.

I am curious on what everyone's starting dosage was, how it increased, and why it increased. Also, is effectiveness increased by eating food 15 minutes later?

At the very least, thanks, dominicus, for providing a fun thread with a bunch of people experimenting on themselves.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesquid

It says in the description for the video you posted NOT to use the humidifier in acidic or alkaline liquids, as it will cause corrosion. Does that create a pollutant hazard? Also, the video is from a few years ago, and posted by PriceAngels. I looked through their online catalog, and couldn't find the product or anything similar.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Quick note on using this before trying to sleep: Lecithin is a choline donor, used by the body to make acetylcholine. That's the wakey brain chemical, the one you need to do math or have a decent conversation with somebody. It's also the chemical that becomes in short supply in the brain when you start getting brain fog or sleepy. I'm pretty sure that even without the synergism of the Vitamin C, this tonic will cause sleeplessness if you take it too late in the day. Not brain racing, but just a generalized alertness that's the opposite of sleep.

If you're having trouble sleeping (apart from this stuff, I mean) investigate the use of 5-HTP, tryptophan or melatonin, which up the brain chemical that's required to fall asleep, serotonin.

Geeze, they aughta give a brain upkeep and maintenance manual to everyone in school to study instead of the crap that we're required to learn.

Oh, and anyone using caffeine should be aware that it has an up to 20 hour residual effect in the body; so that morning coffee you're having could still be partially in force at 10 pm when you're trying to konk out.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
i have created atomiziation inside a vessel. Its sick. total encapsulation I believe. Details to follow.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by maus80
reply to post by Bluesquid

It says in the description for the video you posted NOT to use the humidifier in acidic or alkaline liquids, as it will cause corrosion. Does that create a pollutant hazard? Also, the video is from a few years ago, and posted by PriceAngels. I looked through their online catalog, and couldn't find the product or anything similar.

Hi maus80,

Well spotted re. corrosion. It does create a pollutant hazard (these are not good). I too looked through their online catalog and unfortunately could not find the product nor anything similar either? Pity.

However, a possible answer could be this...Ultrasonic Air Humidifier Aroma Diffuser Mist purifier with a top spout that you could attach a drain tube to (and internal plastic -but tiny- reservoir)?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
This one has a higher capacity (2.4l) for around 42€:

www.ebay.co.uk... ing_Air&hash=item33768773a6

If it is as effective as the UC then I regret buying the expensive UC for double the price :p
edit on 6-6-2012 by broli because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by broli
This one has a higher capacity (2.4l) for around 42€:

www.ebay.co.uk... ing_Air&hash=item33768773a6

If it is as effective as the UC then I regret buying the expensive UC for double the price :p
edit on 6-6-2012 by broli because: (no reason given)

Hi broli,

Cripes!
Well spotted broli, I missed that one.

I suppose it wouldn't do any harm to seal off the spout and let it all turn completely into mist and then let it settle back into liquid?

I've read that the shallower the VitC/Lecithin liquid is in the home cleaning tanks the more and better Ultra Sonic processing it gets. Home tanks get equal to, or better LIPOSOMAL ENCAPSULATING than the factory machines costing $10,000+

Due to their being such a large volume, the factory tanks must be continually stirred in order for the liquid to get anywhere near in contact with the Ultra Sonics! COOL EH?

Correct me if I'm wrong broli, but I expect we would STILL need both the cleaner and the mist atomiser, as the liquid solution needs to be in contact with the Ultra Sonics for quite a LONG TIME which it ISN'T doing if it is turned INSTANTLY to MIST?

Thanks to the OP and to EVERYONE for sharing your valued input on its effects.

edit on 6-6-2012 by neotech1neothink because:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
US cleaner arrived today - yippee!
Also found lecithin granules in a local health food shop, but no ascorbic acid (they sell plenty of rosehips and acerola but consider AA to be a chemical and not a whole food, fair enough!)
AA from Germany should arrive tomorrow, so I will be joining the testimonials very soon!!

BTW, is anyone keeping score?
edit on 6-6-2012 by RogerT3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by reluctantflux

My gf and I were taking 2 ounces a day when I made the acidic version without baking soda. Now I am taking 3 oz a day (1 shot glass morning, mid-day and afternoon) with my new batch that has the baking soda ingredient. Don't care for the taste of the new one but I'm getting used to it. Might switch it up every now and then and make one without baking soda.

-------------

I got a report back from another person I got to try it. They said it made their stomach feel flat - in other words no bloated feeling that they usually have. I too can confirm that has happened to me also. I frequently suffer from severe bloating after meals and I have noticed that the vit c formula seems to have prevented this from occurring. Also many times after taking it before a meal I get very hungry, then while eating I get really full (earlier than usual) and can't eat anymore. I'm guessing its all related. I have no idea what dynamic is causing that but its a welcome change.

edit on 6-6-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Opium is natural too. So is weed. I wouldn't say the first is good in all ways, and I wouldn't say weed is good for everyone either. To me, weed can be, but it also can spark an appetite for disease-causing junk food. That also needs to health problems eventually if overdone.
I'm not saying I disagree with you, but just that the "natural" point is not a decent point. There are plenty of deadly natural things. Another would be poisonous mushrooms.

That's funny. Okay then to be precise, all these ingredients (water, vit. C, lecithin) are legally obtainable, harmless, and in most circumstances that I know of, even beneficial. Sorry to be so inaccurate with my language use. Wow, nice to know ATS is here to keep me on the clean. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I've seen some comments with questions on dosage. I felt some definite positive effects on a very small (1 teaspoon) dosage. This is why I was raving about this stuff!
I'm experimenting... I've upped the dosage to a tablespoon now. Will post my results.

I saw a book yesterday at a health food store touting glutathione (GSH) as "the mother of all antioxidants".
It cited some very solid clinical research. It was nothing short of miraculous in a well-controlled experiment with chronic-fatigue sufferers.

Note: Glutathione is very inexpensive!

Liposomal glutathione can be made following the procedure for the vitamin C mixture.
(using the ultrasonic cleaner)

Recipe calls for:
3 level tablespoons of lecithin
1 tablespoon of glutathione powder (A heaping tblsp of lecithin = 7 grams)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

Regarding glutathione, thanks for the info. Here is a great article about it.

I'm wondering after reading this whether the liposomal glutathione would survive the digestive tract intact, otherwise this author does not recommend glutathione supplements in pill-form.

One would think it would be easy just to take glutathione as a pill, but the body digests protein -- so you wouldn't get the benefits if you did it this way. However, the production and recycling of glutathione in the body requires many different nutrients and you CAN take these.

N-acetyl-cysteine, Alpha lipoic acid, Methylation nutrients (folate and vitamins B6 and B12) Selenium, A family of antioxidants including vitamins C and E, Milk thistle (silymarin)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

reply to post by 2serious

Awesome, thanks for the info ...

I'm in the process of researching various minerals and supplements to add to my C regimen ...

... will add this to the list.

--------

reply to post by 2serious

Seems like making it liposomal would overcome those digestive problems ...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Thanks Dominicus for letting me know about the 'sleeplessness' if taken too late in the evening. I felt that it would be inevitable for a substance that increases energy and was surprised at the number of people who were taking it after 8 pm... (but maybe they don't have to rise every morning at 5:30 am for work as I do or maybe work evening shifts?)

Originally posted by dominicus
reply to post by EdwynaGolden

Yea i have had trouble falling asleep due to the excessive energy and alertness. So i take 1 tbls 1st thing in morning, then again prior to eating lunch break and thats enough for me.

If i take any after 5-6pm then i can pretty much bet on fighting to try and fall asleep even after taking melatonin, which usually knocks me out like a tranquilizer dart

Anyway, I received my Lecithin (powder) and ascorbic acid yesterday, but still waiting on the US cleaner from Amazon. I hope to get that today while I'm at work to try this evening! lol! I am not sure that I can wait to try it?? But, if not tonight, then I'd have it ready for my morning and before lunch dose. I'm going to try 1 oz twice a day I think. That's the most common and what I believe you (dominicus) first said in the OP.

Thank you from my heart for bringing this to my family and myself. I hope we all experience the same awesome benefits that you and your family have.

I want to stock up on this too! You all are probably too aware that once the FDA or big pharma figures out that we've gotten a hold on something that really helps us, there will be regulations here in the U.S. and eventually, it will become illegal! I hope the dry ingredients have a long shelf life!! If it works so well for me and my family, we will be stocking up before TPTB take control of it!!! Blessed Be all! And thank you for all for sharing your encouraging and even the not so encouraging experiences with this.

edit on 6-6-2012 by EdwynaGolden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
You could, in theory, use glutathione to help someone with parkinson's, i've just started the homemade liposal glutathione on a relative with parkinson's. I've done countless hours of research and it seems for most brain degenerative diseases, and even old age, they have low levels of glutathione. I believe the lower your levels the worse you are.

The problem with glutathione is when you take it, your body destroys most of it, so getting it effectively into the bloodstream lipoceutically should help a great deal. I've read' of someone using specially made glutathione nasal spray and getting a 30% improvement in a short time.

So we will see if it does infact help.

My only concern right now is how do we know for sure that we are really encapsulating the vitamin c and glutathione? Dr Levy said they did tests on two homemade liposal vitamin c and found there to be zero liposomes. This could all be said to help sell his "professionally" made poduct.

So ATS, how can we prove that it is infact getting encapsulated, and that we are not just experience a good boost from lethicin intake?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

I used to take melatonin as a sleep aid, but after doing a lot of research on 5-HTP, I switched and now take one 100mg of 5-HTP in the morning, started taking another 5-HTP in the evening about an hour before going to bed. It works much better than the melatonin, and doesn't have the side effects that melatonin does. No vivid bad dreams at all. Plus absolutely no dragging morning feeling that melatonin used to leave me with. So that's one 5-HTP plus one Vit B in the morning on waking, and one 5-HTP one hour before going to bed. That is what works for me, you'd have to find your own balance place should you decide to try it.

I also boost the morning dose only of 5-HTP with a Vit B6 200 mg tablet. The Vit B6 in clinical studies has shown to greatly enhance the effectiveness of the 5-HTP. I take the 5-HTP as a replacement for an anti depressant that I was prescribed and didn't like how it made me feel. I feel really calm and balanced on the 5-HTP, and it's over the counter and much more effective all around.

I plan on adding the Liposomal Vit C to my current supplement diet for energy boost during the day. Not taking any after around 2:00 and see how that goes to begin with. I can't wait until I can post my results, as I'm 61 years old, and lead a very active life that gets a bit chaotic with my work schedule, which is all over the place.

My orders from Amazon should be in by the end of this week.....

Des
edit on 6-6-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Quick note....
I upped my dosage to 1 oz and seem to be actually getting better results.
Stomach is a bit wonky but that's pretty much standard for me.
Oddly enough, I do seem to be getting a more positive outlook which is great for a person with Anxiety and mild OCD.
I'm gonna do two 1 oz doses 12 hours apart today and look at maybe upping it to 2 oz tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by shoeshiner

Check the link I posted.
I believe it has an encapsulation test.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Is it possible if we can have a volunteer to do a before and after vitamin c levels test? Will need results from before and results from a week after using it, for example. That's a good way that I can think of. There is also the bicarbonate of soda to test your encapsulation levels but we need something more solid than that.

I'm limited for resources so the best I can do is help with information.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by shoeshiner
My only concern right now is how do we know for sure that we are really encapsulating the vitamin c and glutathione? Dr Levy said they did tests on two homemade liposal vitamin c and found there to be zero liposomes. This could all be said to help sell his "professionally" made poduct.

So ATS, how can we prove that it is infact getting encapsulated, and that we are not just experience a good boost from lethicin intake?

If the C were not encapsulated then it is free right?

If you take too much C in powdered or pill form you get diarrhea right?

Then taking a lot of this would cause diarrhea if it had 0% encapsulation right?

So, since there is no diarrhea it must be encapsulated ...

I don't see any other way around that.

Taking C in powder or pills in higher doses than 1000mg at a time have always caused diarrhea for me ...

I have taken large amounts of C in this liposomal form without diarrhea ...

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join