It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by shoeshiner

Where can you find glutathione in any form besides tablets or caps? I haven't been able to locate that...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

Search for glutathione powder ...
edit on 6-6-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

Wow, expensive stuff, eh? I'd have to be sure it would have some benefit and that I indeed might be deficient. Thanks, by the way!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I have thought of that but still how do we know for sure that we are infact consuming that amount of vitamin c and that it isn't getting destroyed in the process of making?

I really think the best way we are going to nail this is before and after tests, aswell as a flow chart of the vitamin c increase, if there is an increase, over say a months period?

Should that not give us a good answer and prove that yes, this does substantially increase your vitamin c levels in a short period, therefore it is encapsulated and working.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

Yeah ... I would like to find it a lot cheaper than that ...

---------

Originally posted by ColeYounger
Note: Glutathione is very inexpensive!

Where?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Pretty expensive. How would it be different if we just bought it in capsule form, then open the capsules and take out the powder to then encapsulate with the other ingredients?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by shoeshiner

I have thought of that but still how do we know for sure that we are infact consuming that amount of vitamin c and that it isn't getting destroyed in the process of making?

Destroyed? How? It's just mixed in with the lecithin - I made my second batch without any heat ...

I really think the best way we are going to nail this is before and after tests, aswell as a flow chart of the vitamin c increase, if there is an increase, over say a months period?

Should that not give us a good answer and prove that yes, this does substantially increase your vitamin c levels in a short period, therefore it is encapsulated and working.

Yeah I wouldn't mind someone proving it but I have very little doubt. The fact there is no diarrhea is very significant.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by wtbengineer

Wow, expensive stuff, eh? I'd have to be sure it would have some benefit and that I indeed might be deficient. Thanks, by the way!

Glutathione is something you really want, and something that is not easily built up. From everything i've looked into, glutathione is your precious.

The powders arn't that expensive. We used the capsules because the powder is hard to come by where I am from. It was not expensive at all.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

The powders aren't that expensive. We used the capsules because the powder is hard to come by where I am from. It was not expensive at all.

I know expensive is a relative term. How much are we talking for powder form and where can you get it? Powdered form would be preferable if I were to make it as a liposomal.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

Destroyed? How? It's just mixed in with the lecithin - I made my second batch without any heat ...

Look I agree with you partly, but just how sure are you that, say that 15ml's you take per serving, has 500mg's of vitamin c in it?

It would be ideal and conclusive if we have people proving that they have increased their vitamin c level by 300% in a week. Just by proving that it can increase your levels 3, 6 or even 9 fold in a week with no side-affects, will go a long way to getting more people on it and more exposure, with less skeptics.

I'm not very good with my vitamins and what levels we should have and if it even is possible to increase it 3 fold, let alone 9 fold...i'm just using it as an example.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I thought about using the capsules, but are they pure or do they contain other substances. That's why the recipe of the thread is using pharma grade vit c because the pills always contain other ingredients.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I think the least expensive I've seen it is around $74 for 50 grams. I don't know what a proper dose is though. It may be that this would give you many doses, Idk.

I just found it for $41.27 - same product.
edit on 6/6/2012 by wtbengineer because: found cheaper

edit on 6/6/2012 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Looks like some people are taking Protandim for this.

Going to have to do some more research on that.

Protandim

ALSO - So I'm not getting confused - are you taking about adding the Glutahione and the vitamin C together as a single product? Or making them separately?
edit on 6-6-2012 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Ok I did the math to be sure how much in each dose.

My C powder is 5000mg per teaspoon

3 teaspoons = 1 US tablespoon

I put in 1 level tablespoon into one cup of water.

So there are 15,000mg of C in my mixture.

I added another cup of water containing the lethicin.

So my mixture is 2 cups total

1 US cup = 8 US fluid ounces.

therefore I have 16 doses at 1 oz.

15,000mg of C divided by 16 = 937.5mg of C per 1 oz dose.

That is less than I thought it would be. It also turns out to be right at my usual threshold for diarrhea. So my next batch I will make without the baking soda and take 3 oz at once. That should definitely cause diarhea if it is not encapsulated.

The vitamin C is not destroyed and it can't just dissapear. So I will take more to be sure I am over my threshold.

I'm not concerned about doing this in the least because it hasn't even caused a lose stool so far.

Also if 70% is encapsulated, as some have suggested, then about 600mg are encapsulated per 1 oz dose. It is suggested that the absorption rate is at least 80% with Liposomal encapsulated C. If true then I would be getting about 480mg of C absorbed per 1 oz dose. Also, 30% would be unencapsulated so if I took 3 oz I should have about 900mg unecapsulated in my stomach at once - my threshold for C and diarrhea. 3 oz would also mean 1800mg encapsulated and 1500mg absorbed.

Regular C pills have a 16% absorption rate according to what I have read. If the 937mg of C were absorbed like this I would be getting 150mg per dose. And that would be my limit at one time because of diarrhea. So the liposomal C would allow for much more C to be absorbed at one time because there is no diarrhea.

I'll let you know how my experiment turns out ...

In fact if that turns out to be the case that 3oz of my mixture reaches the diarrhea threshold I will be theoretically getting 1500mg absorbed as compared to 150mg absorbed with C pills or powder. Ten times!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington

Looks like some people are taking Protandim for this.

Going to have to do some more research on that.

Protandim

ALSO - So I'm not getting confused - are you taking about adding the Glutahione and the vitamin C together as a single product? Or making them separately?
edit on 6-6-2012 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

You mean to direct that at me. You don't mix them, they work together so you take them seperately. I've got my relative on just glutathione for now while i do the vitamin c.

You might want to avoid looking into protandim, because of the miracle 30 minute cure with IV glutathione videos they have done. They most likely gave them l-dopa.

This is what you are looking for;

www.liposomalglutathione.com...

With links to pubmed, an example;

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Abstract

1. Several studies have demonstrated a deficiency in reduced glutathione (GSH) in the nigra of patients with Parkinson's Disease (PD). In particular, the magnitude of reduction in GSH seems to parallel the severity of the disease. This finding may indicate a means by which the nigra cells could be therapeutically supported. 2. The authors studied the effects of GSH in nine patients with early, untreated PD. GSH was administered intravenous, 600 mg twice daily, for 30 days, in an open label fashion. Then, the drug was discontinued and a follow-up examination carried-out at 1-month interval for 2-4 months. Thereafter, the patients were treated with carbidopa-levodopa. 3. The clinical disability was assessed by using two different rating scale and the Webster Step-Second Test at baseline and at 1-month interval for 4-6 months. All patients improved significantly after GSH therapy, with a 42% decline in disability. Once GSH was stopped the therapeutic effect lasted for 2-4 months. 4. Our data indicate that in untreated PD patients GSH has symptomatic efficacy and possibly retards the progression of the disease.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

If the C were not encapsulated then it is free right?

If you take too much C in powdered or pill form you get diarrhea right?

Then taking a lot of this would cause diarrhea if it had 0% encapsulation right?

So, since there is no diarrhea it must be encapsulated ...

I don't see any other way around that.

Taking C in powder or pills in higher doses than 1000mg at a time have always caused diarrhea for me ...

I have taken large amounts of C in this liposomal form without diarrhea ...

There could be some other mechanism of the lecithin/ascorbate mix that prevents diarrhea.
Correlation doesn't necessarily prove causation
(Duesberg et al.)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
.reply to post by shoeshiner

Thanks Shoeshiner - saved me lots of time.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by RogerT3

I agree ... but no other mechanism has been provided ...

It is simply a fact that THE limit on taking C orally is diarrhea ...

If adding lethicin to the mix changes that then that is a good thing because then you can get more C in your system at once ... even if the normal absorption rates apply ...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Thanks and hey watch this

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

It's the most likely explanation, but we are getting into theoretical debates rather than experiential reports (which can also be a great thing).

For the moment, I'm still an armchair critic, hopefully that will all change tomorrow

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join