It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Well, thanks for the info.
Much to ponder now.

I still would like an easy solution to the energy deficiancy we all have and whole foods is certainly at the top of the list for sure don't get me wrong.

But, if there is a way to supercharge our bodies, which I am sure there is, (LEAGALLY) and safely, then I want to know what it is and am willing to give it a try or at least listen to people who have.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Turq1

Exactly.

When Natural News and other people are talking about how Liposomal Vitamin C has a greater bio availability, they're referring to how the lipid bi-layer allows for greater intestinal absorption. It will help delivery cell uptake; however, in the end, it's the liposome is simply a transporter that delivers its contents from point A to point B. This is a technique that is commonly used in pharmaceutical drugs; not so much in vitamins.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Vitamins as far as I know don't effect energy..

Carbohydrates (whole grains) and proteins do. So if you ate a peanut butter and jelly (natural jelly) on whole grain bread halfway through the day, you'd get a significant source of energy. Also a benefit from whole grains is fiber which helps metabolism. Cereal in the morning? (whole grain)

Also exercise drastically increases alertness and energy levels. If you're feeling down and slow all the time.. a regular workout routine, even 15-30mins of yoga in the morning, will drastically improve your energy levels.

edit: And above all else... eliminate refined sugar from your diet.. it's poison.
edit on 6/1/2012 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd

Now... Hyperglycemia WILL interfere with Vitamin C uptake as glucose and Vitamin C compete for the same cell receptor sites (sugar wins that battle because it becomes increasingly damaging as blood sugar rises).

I will vouch for that because I just read an article about that specifically.
They may have mentioned carbohydrates being a competitor for cellular uptake as well.

You can correct that if it's wrong.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Of course, because carbohydrates in the blood are either fructose (very, very small amounts) or glucose (accounting for the vast majority of carbohydrate in the blood.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Turq1

It doesn't look exactly like a human cell and it won't "merge" like soap bubbles, that's ridiculous. Seems to be some weird ideas out there as far as this goes.

Call it what you want, quack, ridiculous, psuedo, etc but i skeptically tried this combo and there is a huge differentiation in my mood, energy levels, and overall health. Im the OP of this thread and im not selling anything.

I gave this stuff to my 80 year old grandmother w the flu and she cleaned her whole house the next day. My cousin took some and rode 25 miles on his bike. Me and 3 of my family members are swearing by the awesomeness of this stuff and now megamind, another member of this thread, has also made his own, taken it, and him and his gf are already feeling benefits that they otherwise didnt feel from regular oral vit c.

Something is definitely up with this vit c combo and its been the supplement that i have felt the biggest and bestest difference with. Its literally changed my life for the better in the last 8-9 days, and i came into this as a skeptic

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Vitamins absolutely affect energy production (or conversion, to be exact). For example; there are multiple vitamins that are required to synthesize CoEnzyme Q10, which is absolutely necessary to produce ATP (or cellular energy). So, while vitamins provide no caloric value, they do affect energy production.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

"normal" vitamin levels. Drastically increasing a vitamin as per the OP will not increase energy levels.
(for instance Vitamin C is best for..... absorbing Iron. Yes, increasing the metabolism of Iron would benefit energy levels, but you'd have to increase both Vitamin C and Iron counts.

So if you want to increase energy through Vitamin C .. eat a freakin Apricot.. high in VC and Iron. But drinking large quantities of VC will do nothing for your energy.
edit on 6/1/2012 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

One big difference Muzzleflash, that you just can't seem to get. This is NOT a religion, nor a religious thread. It's a HEALTH thread. You keep badgering people, challenging them actually, and seem upset that they CHOOSE not to engage with you.

You are obviously unhappy with your feedback here...why do you keep trying to load a gun, and step in front of it?

It makes no logical sense to me.

Des

Everything can become a religion if you start believing stuff simply because it sounds good and fail to actually scrutinize or question it.

So yes it is a highly religious-like behavior that is exhibited by many people when they cling to something without even knowing if it's true or half-true or entirely false.

The word "Culture" means "Cult + state of". State of the Cult?

No one thing is a religion in itself, it takes blind fanaticism and zealotry to really get to the point of what I term, 'religious'.

One very common factor of "religious belief" is that when questioned, people get angry with the messenger and avoid the message. They want to punish the messenger for daring to question those beliefs..etc etc.

So of course I think the way it's being treated is religious.
The only opinion accepted here is to agree with it.
Anyone who questions or disagrees is "wasting our time with pointless questions", etc.

Fits the criteria for a religion/cult.
Here are some excerpts of the Cult-Checklist that were faithfully adhered to in this thread:

Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged or even punished.

The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s) and members

The group has a polarized us-versus-them mentality, which may cause conflict with the wider society.

The group teaches or implies that its supposedly exalted ends justify whatever means it deems necessary.

The leadership induces feelings of shame and/or guilt iin order to influence and/or control members.

The most loyal members (the “true believers”) feel there can be no life outside the context of the group.

There are plenty more, I am sure people can make their own connections.
Replace "leadership" with "general flow of consensus in thread".

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Thank you DevolutionEvolvd I do understand that it's a transport vehicle like locking a drop of water inside a bubble of oil allowing it to rather that float to the bottom of an oil solution travel through it in any direction. However my concern still is with a chemical that was made to be absorbed as a hydrophilic being placed into the body as a lipophilic instead. It may do alot of good for a while but chances are it will also open up a whole other can of interfeared with homeostacis syndromes and illnesses.

Like I said I am not against it's use as a theraphy but use by healthy individual daily I feel may actually have adverse effect in the long run. Maybe we'll see vitamin C resistant cancer or even cancers caused by excess vit C, but at the very least the mechanism that absorbs and makes use of vitamin C I suppose will become less effective at extracting vitamin C from ordinary food sources bringing scurvy around again when people stop ingesting enhanced vit C. This time eating an orange will not help. Just saying the amount and form of the chemical is everything in relation to if it is good or bad for us in the long and short haul.

much love and thank you for explaining

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

I gave this stuff to my 80 year old grandmother w the flu and she cleaned her whole house the next day.

And the point many of us are trying to make is that you are overdoing it.

You simply don't need that much vit C to fight things like the flu. It's quite powerful according to what research I have looked at, and so perhaps a smaller dosage could achieve the same results.

How do you know it wasn't your breakfast that enhanced your mood/energy? If you didn't eat anything, how do you know it wasn't your fasting that caused it? See this is a major issue right here.

Heck it could be entirely psycho-somatic for all I know.

I just have this really strong skepticism when it comes to people throwing chemicals together, saying a few things about how awesome it is, then expecting me to consume it (or to just believe in it even).

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Heck it could be entirely psycho-somatic for all I know.

That's precisely what I think it is. I've never heard of someone eating 4 oranges getting 400%+ dose of vitamin C and then jumping on a bike and riding 30 miles. It's quite absurd.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd

Of course, because carbohydrates in the blood are either fructose (very, very small amounts) or glucose (accounting for the vast majority of carbohydrate in the blood.

Thanks for the tip.

It appears that I will need to brush up on my biochemistry, even though I spent years studying it formally it appears that I didn't pay that much attention and have forgotten some of the most basic things.

Time to go crack open Wiki and start "remembering" some of these things.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Okay let me see if I can clear this up. This concerning the caveman argument btw,

I have a friend who is a survival expert and he does things I wouldn't do unless I was in put a situation that absolutely required it. When you need energy mainly protein and vitamins for survival, the best food you can eat are grubs. They are packed with protein, vitamin C, A, E and D. Insects along with other animals generate vit. C Naturally and in massive amounts. They're energetic little buggers. Apes eat grubs in the wild and it's a good bet Cavemen did as well. But they also ate various plants and animal meats. Apes in captivity don't usually eat wild grubs so their vitamin intake is lower than it should be which why they require large doses of vit.C and other vitamins.

The thing is for us to get the amount of vit. C cavemen got we'd have to eat grubs as well. Not many of us are willing to do that. I've had a grub once; I told my friend I'd try any kind of food once; he held me to it. I can't deny the energy I had for the rest of the day, but it's not something I'd do again anytime soon. Those things are terrible. Although I've heard there are some that are really good, but I'll take his word for it. The grub is Nature's Multi-Vitamin, though I doubt anyone wants to take it.

Now to be honest I haven't done research into this. I only know what he told me and what little first hand experience I've had.

You want to know how Cavemen did it? It was probably their environment, the need to stay in shape and plants and grubs. If they ate grubs then they received high doses of vit.C

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Sounds great but the "facts" insist that you,your grandma,gf, and everyone and anyone else who is reporting these benefits are all wrong or worse.....LIARS!!

Science has proven you to be a fraud I'm afraid.

Gotta love science.
I mean, when has it ever been wrong?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

For the most part, once the Liposome enters the liver through the portal vein it relieves itself of the Vitamin C. The ascorbic acid is then transported independently from the liver.

I'm sure you've heard of pharmaceutical drugs being particularly damaging to the liver. Correct? Many of these are liposomal as well. And they are dangerous to liver function because they follow the same metabolic route. Through the intestinal wall, then the portal vein and to the liver to be metabolized.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

then expecting me to consume it (or to just believe in it even).

Delusions of grandure much?

No one is expecting you to do anything.
Believe it or not, I'll bet the OP wasn't even thinking of you when he wrote this thread.

There is much to be said about humbling yourself and admitting that you don't have all of the answers as well as admitting that science doesn't hold all of the answers. No one seems to be aknowledging the fact that science has gotten it all wrong on more than one occasion throughout history.

What makes you so sure that there isn't some unseen variable that we will discover in a hundred years which will prove the OP right and make you look like an ASS?
edit on 1-6-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Not necessarily. More doesn't mean more efficient. Just because you have more Vitamin C in the blood doesn't mean your cells are utilizing it. It's much like calcium. Simply taking more calcium because you're deficient won't ensure that your cells are taking up the calcium in the blood.

You could have optimal serum levels of a vitamin/mineral and still be deficient because of an inhibition of cell uptake. It's not about ingesting more vitamins... it's about bio-availability and cell uptake.

Edit to add: The reason why there must be a distinction is because certain hormones, especially insulin, will affect vitamin/mineral excretion and storage and, most importantly, the ability for a cell to uptake a vitamin/mineral.

Anyway, perhaps I took your post out of context. :/ My apologies if so.
edit on 1-6-2012 by DevolutionEvolvd because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The effect i get from drinking coffee sure as hell isn't a placebo effect and I am damn sure this isn't either.

What we have are a bunch of asshats sitting behind their keyboards acting like goddamn experts on something they haven't even tried.

Go make it - drink it - and tell me its all in your head - until then your opinion doesn't mean SH!T ....

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Anecdotes don't hold water, firstly. Secondly, have you heard of the Placebo effect?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join