It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas pastor calls on U.S. government to kill LGBT people

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I just read Romans 2:1 which states "You may think you can condemn such people, but you are just as bad, and you have no excuse! When you say they are wicked and should be punished, you are condemning yourself, for you who judge others do these very same things."

So clearly he enjoys condemning himself.
You might even catch someone telling him to stop slapping himself... only to find that he was the one doing the slapping.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

This kind of politically driven story should not even be reported as it is only used as an emotional distraction. What we should really be discussing is what the government should and should not be doing. Especially when it comes to the economy - jobs & debt.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
In reality, the worst of the US' religious fundamentalism is on par with anything hard line Islam can throw at us. The only difference being, these Christian / Catholic / evangelical loons aren't enough of a majority to launch bomb attacks and the like. ...nor are they ingenuitive enough.

Let's hope it stays that way.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

reply to post by MegaMind

Now now you guys. Don't feed the trolls.

2nd

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I don’t have a problem with gay people. Like some have said, not taunting in my face,
Like gays have said the same about Christian religion, not taunting
Everyone has rights.
To say Christian is the same as Islam when it comes to gay issues is way off base.

www.nytimes.com... 2/03/12/world/middleeast/killings-strike-fear-in-iraqi-gay-and-emo-youth.html?pagewanted=all

Text
Emo is short for “emotional hardcore” and its aesthetic sprang from the American punk music scene in the 1980s and has been remixed in Baghdad over the last few years.

Ibrahim al-Abadi, an Interior Ministry spokesman, said the statement had been misinterpreted. He said emo youths were free to dress as they pleased, and said the government would protect them.

But over the past month, threatening letters began appearing in Shiite neighborhoods across Baghdad, residents said.

One of the fliers, scanned and posted online, addresses dozens of gay men by name and nickname. It warns people identified as Japanese Haider, Allawi the Bra, Mohammed the Flower and others: Reform your behavior, stop being gay, or face deadly consequences.

“Your fate will be death if you don’t quit doing this,” one leaflet warns. “Punishment will be tougher and tougher, you gays. Don’t be like the people of Lot.”

Another flier circulating around the Zayouna neighborhood appears addressed to emo youths. It tells them to cut their hair, not to wear the clothing of devil worshipers, and not to listen to metal, emo or rap music. And if they refuse, “God’s punishment will be come down upon you,” the letter says.

Ali Hili, a gay Iraqi activist who lives in London, said as many as 750 gay Iraqis have been killed in the past six years, and thousands have emigrated or are living deep in the closet.

“It’s a clear war on sexual minorities on Iraq,” he said. “They are refusing to admit it.”

Fear has rippled across socially liberal niches of Baghdad, from the basement-level clothing shops where teenage boys buy skull pendants and skater gear, to upscale hair salons and theaters. Advocates say some emo youths and gay men have left for northern Iraq, while others have shorn off hairdos or muted outfits that were once badges of identity.

Four gay friends in Baghdad, sitting together for an interview, said the daily barrage of harassment and threats has taken on an especially menacing edge in the last few weeks. Neighbors have told them, “Your turn will come soon.” Young men have driven by and shouted “Block! Block! Block!” referring to the current weapon of choice for attacks

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

Fundamentally, all the Judeo-Christian religions are extremely similar. Their congregations may be different but the religious dogma is very similar. Like I said earlier, individual Christians may be tolerant, but the religion is not.

There are more people that are tolerant of religion than there are religions that are tolerant of people. Most religions, by design are not tolerant of people who do not follow it's practices or moral code.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by aprofessionalRussian
reply to post by Nspekta

It makes me very sad to see things like this. I am gay, and I can tell you from personal experience that being gay is not a choice. I have done nothing wrong yet so many people think i'm some horrible monster, and some (like these mentioned in the original post, want me dead. I just don't understand.
edit on 31-5-2012 by aprofessionalRussian because: (no reason given)

Get a gun, carry mase, knives, etc. Protect yourself because there is a lot of ignorant people out there.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Let's take a moment to cool down and think for a second shall we?

Thread Closed Pending Staff Review.

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join