It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas pastor calls on U.S. government to kill LGBT people

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Kansas pastor calls on U.S. government to kill LGBT people

www.rawstory.com

The pastor of New Hope Baptist Church in Seneca, Kansas says President Barack Obama has gone too far in supporting same sex marriage and it’s time for the U.S. government to begin killing gay men and lesbians.

“Terrorists are dangerous, the economy is a real and present danger,” Pastor Curtis Knapp told his congregation on Sunday. “But there is simply nothing other than the holocaust of the unborn which imperils the safety of our country or places our people in jeopardy as does the leader of
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
New Hope Babtist Church.....

So they hate gays and lesbians soo much that they are trying to convince the US government to just start killing them...
Poor Jesus.. The crap thats being said 'in his name' is horrible!
Where is the compassion? Where is the love for fellow human beings?! I have many gay and lesbian friends, none of them deserve to be killed because of their orientation!

“They should be put to death,” Knapp declared. “‘Oh, so you’re saying we should go out and start killing them, no?’ — I’m saying the government should. They won’t, but they should.”

*Added*

Listen to Knapp’s entire 1-hour sermon on “The Curse of Homosexuality”
here

Ugh!

Thoughts?!

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 5/30/2012 by Nspekta because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

“He said put them to death,” he continued. “Shall the church drag them in? No, I’m not say that. The church has not been given the power of the sort; the government has. But the government ought to [kill them]. You got a better idea? A better idea than God?”

Omg!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
wow, people really are making me and all my fellow Kansas look like bigoted A-holes!

I am really tired of it. Can we please just shut up all the bigoted, racist idiots that populate this state? As if it wasn't bad enough having Mr. Phelps here now we get this jackoff too god help us all.... ugh

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Yes let the religious show themselves for what they truly are. This is how the god of your bible wants you to behave toward your fellow man.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This person is a big pussy. You can quote me on that too.

Yeah, if this person is so righteous why dont they just start taking action into their own hands. There we go again, that entitlement mentality.

The person needs to grab their balls and step up and put up or shut up. Do it, I dare ya.

"Kill them all, as long as I do not have to get my hands dirty." That is my interpretation of the whole thing.
edit on 30-5-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
i dont think anybody should make a big deal about them , let them do what ever they want its their personal lives but there are issues when they push the button by sexual harrassment , if a lezbian flirts with another girl who tells her to stop , then the lezbian shuld be treated equally like a guy as a sexual predator .

you disagree ?

think about it , a guy takes a girl to a scary movie the girls cuddles with him in fear whereas he smiles that his plan worked

the lezbian takes another girl to a feminist rally where she encourages her to free her body and then smiles as that her plan worked

seriously ignore them and leave the drama

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Religion is so cool, and full of religiousness...

Glory to God and all the people that speak for him! Woohoo.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This pastor is a nut-job.

Even so, I bet this kind of story brings great but secret joy to many in the "LGBT Community." Because it makes them feel like threatened victims. Some lunatic making totally unrealistic threats is nothing for anyone to fear, but you can be sure many are secretly delighted, hunkering down in that warm inner feeling of victimhood-without-true-threat. Oooh, ooooh, I'm an oppressed minority, bask in the glory of my victimhood! See all the scary people who want to hurt me! Must be positively warm and fuzzy for all those LGBT folks who cling to their identities as source of that special glow of victimhood.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

You cannot blame all people of faith for the actions of a few. That is just wrong and in reality is the same thing that the false preacher is doing calling for the down fall of an entire section of our populace due to ignorance and i feel sorry for the people who fall pray to this type of mentality.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Yes let the religious show themselves for what they truly are. This is how the god of your bible wants you to behave toward your fellow man.

These people have no idea what a "Christian" is, just ignorant red necks , forgetting the whole Judge not least ye be judged thing, or the one with out sin cast the first stone...

They are no more following Christ than an atheist is.

And I relise I am judging them, but thats okay, thats the one and only time a christian can be judgmental and thats to rebuke another christian doing wrong.
edit on 30-5-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I have to stand on the side of logic and justice. They are terrorists eh? Are terrorists not those who would bring harm to another? Maybe it is time for the government to start taking out the terrorists. He's right, the government needs to start killing the terrorists. Lucky for him I'm not the government because his kind would be right there at the top portion of the terrorist list and we would remove those easiest to access first because we'll they're easiest to access. By his own logic, he needs to die. Why hasn't he done the work of his god and killed himself yet? Maybe he doesn't truly believe in what he would call the cause of his God as much as he believes in the hate he possess. Very sick man indeed.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheXoor
This pastor is a nut-job.

Even so, I bet this kind of story brings great but secret joy to many in the "LGBT Community." Because it makes them feel like threatened victims. Some lunatic making totally unrealistic threats is nothing for anyone to fear, but you can be sure many are secretly delighted, hunkering down in that warm inner feeling of victimhood-without-true-threat. Oooh, ooooh, I'm an oppressed minority, bask in the glory of my victimhood! See all the scary people who want to hurt me! Must be positively warm and fuzzy for all those LGBT folks who cling to their identities as source of that special glow of victimhood.

That is not very well thought out. I mean, should I get into this statement or is it so obviously non-sensical that I should just go with what I have written so far? I will say your logic is awesome. Most people love getting threatened with extinction daily.

CJ
edit on 30-5-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Wow, he's gonna be real dissapointed when he ends up hell...

Bigotry is as bigotry does I suppose.

Just one more lunatic to be out on the watch for.

~Tenth

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Everybody must get stoned

For touching Mount Sinai Whosoever toucheth the mount shall be surely put to death. Exodus 19:13

For taking "accursed things" Achan ... took of the accursed thing. ... And all Israel stoned him with stones, and burned them with fire, after they had stoned them with stones. ... So the LORD turned from the fierceness of his anger. Joshua 7:1-26

For cursing or blaspheming And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him. Leviticus 24:16

For adultery (including urban rape victims who fail to scream loud enough) If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city. Deuteronomy 22:23-24

For animals (like an ox that gores a human) If an ox gore a man or a woman, that they die: then the ox shall be surely stoned.

Exodus 21:28 For a woman who is not a virgin on her wedding night If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her ... and say, I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid: Then shall the father of the damsel, and her mother, take and bring forth the tokens of the damsel's virginity unto the elders of the city in the gate: And the damsel's father shall say ... these are the tokens of my daughter's virginity. And they shall spread the cloth before the elders of the city. ... But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die. Deuteronomy 22:13-21

For worshipping other gods If there be found among you ... that ... hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them ... Then shalt thou ... tone them with stones, till they die. Deuteronomy 17:2-5

If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers ... thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die. Deuteronomy 13:5-10

For disobeying parents If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother ... Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city ... And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die. Deuteronomy 21:18-21

For witches and wizards A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.

Leviticus 20:27 For giving your children to Molech Whosoever ... giveth any of his seed unto Molech; he shall surely be put to death: the people of the land shall stone him with stones. Leviticus 20:2

For breaking the Sabbath They found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. ... And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones.... And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses. Numbers 15:32-56

For cursing the king Thou didst blaspheme God and the king. And then carry him out, and stone him, that he may die. 1 Kings 21:10

Stay classy, Christianity.

edit on 30-5-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by crimsongod21

However, anyone with half a braincell knows that most Kansans don't think that way. I wouldn't let it bother you. He judges, so in the end, in his belief system, he'll be judged...and found wanting.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Free speech people!

Let this moron continue his hate-filled verbal vomit.

The more he talks, the dumber he sounds. These folks rely on other people's money to provide a foundation for their "sermons".

Once the cash dries up, the windbag will drift away. Probably found later in a bathhouse in the Castro District.
edit on 30-5-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Tell me something, do you stereotype everyone? Or just those whose beliefs you don't share?

This bigot doesn't in any way reflect the beliefs of a majority of Christians. No amount of stereotyping will make it so.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Seagull, not on topic but just noticed your sig. I am very happy for you
I also am planning on buying some happiness this afternoon - I think it's going to be basic chocolate. Peace and good health.

CJ
edit on 30-5-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Will these crazy ass homophobic baptist preachers PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP MAKING PEOPLE HATE MY STATE.

Seriously. 99% of people in Kansas are nothing like these crazy idiots. But people assume that we're all backwards ass hicks in straw hats that want to burn gays because of people like this.

People never hear anything good about Kansas because the only things national news worthy here are negative stories.

That's okay though. Because Kansas contributes to the wealth of the world by growing so much food. It's boring but it's something to be proud about.
edit on 30-5-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join