It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas pastor calls on U.S. government to kill LGBT people

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
reply to post by Nspekta

Will these crazy ass homophobic baptist preachers PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP MAKING PEOPLE HATE MY STATE.

There does seem to be something in the water there next door neighbor...

CJ

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by crimsongod21

However, anyone with half a braincell knows that most Kansans don't think that way. I wouldn't let it bother you. He judges, so in the end, in his belief system, he'll be judged...and found wanting.

Well, something is going on in Kansas.
First, it is Westboro, now it New Hope Baptist.
One more and it would be an epidemic, wouldn't it?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I hope that most people are aware that most Kansans do not think this way, but with our most notable citizens is Retard by the name Phelps the last thing we need is another person letting his ignorance shine.

and to echo another member congrats on your sig.

I also like Ice cream

thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Don't these people have better things to do than round up the gays? Maybe feed the homeless, you know something productive?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Don't these people have better things to do than round up the gays? Maybe feed the homeless, you know something productive?

I think the answer is clear. This is the new "hey look at me!" If it weren't happening so much, it may be funny (or at least fun to make fun of). Sad deal is I think some of these evangelicals are starting to believe what they say. Most are simply business men and know they are making everything up for $, but some really believe it.

CJ

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

Being from Kansas im sure you have seen the bumper sticker floating around out there "Kansas as bigoted as you think" On a bright yellow back ground. People like this give credence in some peoples minds that it is factual. I am with you i hate people who make my home state look like we are full of bigoted retards.

thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

I suppose it might have something to do with no mountains? It's just soooooo flat there...

Seriously though... In this age of instant media, anywhere can have it's dark idiocy exposed to the public. Kansas this week, Delaware next.

...and if that actually happens, I'm gonna start a psychic hotline.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Never simply accept the examples of religion which are produced and given to you via the media. If it wasn't alarmingly stupid you wouldn't be hearing about it at all.

These folks (who advocate extremist and absolute adherence to their doctrine) are really not examples of what people believe... they are more likely what someone wants you to believe. And they use every tool in their arsenal to make sure we see it in it's most sensational light.

If a man like this pastor were to speak at my congregation, I suspect nearly everyone would simply stand up and walk out. His 'brand' of theology isn't at all representative of Christianity anymore than the Jihadists are representative of all Muslims.
edit on 30-5-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by Skewed

I suppose it might have something to do with no mountains? It's just soooooo flat there...

Seriously though... In this age of instant media, anywhere can have it's dark idiocy exposed to the public. Kansas this week, Delaware next.

...and if that actually happens, I'm gonna start a psychic hotline.

Delaware? The place that re-elected Biden repeatedly? I think something horrible has happend there already

CJ

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You get this type of stuff from independent Churches, they normally tend to be Baptist because I believe, that is the easiest type of Church to go get a license for. Often these pastors have no formal training, and have no oversight from a larger Church organization. These types of pastors end up with whacky beliefs, and big egos to boot. That is why you get all these crazy antics from them. Many fall into what other Christians refer to as “Cults”.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 5/30/2012 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by crimsongod21

Every time i see that bloody bumper sticker I want to come back with a baseball bat and start railing on it. It just fills me with so much hate. We can overcome those crazy idiots by not giving credit to them, which is exactly what that bumper sticker does.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q8igirl
i dont think anybody should make a big deal about them , let them do what ever they want its their personal lives but there are issues when they push the button by sexual harrassment , if a lezbian flirts with another girl who tells her to stop , then the lezbian shuld be treated equally like a guy as a sexual predator .

you disagree ?

think about it , a guy takes a girl to a scary movie the girls cuddles with him in fear whereas he smiles that his plan worked

the lezbian takes another girl to a feminist rally where she encourages her to free her body and then smiles as that her plan worked

seriously ignore them and leave the drama

So flirting makes one a sexual predator? Seriously?

This post wins the award for silliest I have seen in a while.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Thou shalt not kill.

I think we need to send this to the pastor. His Bible must have a smudge in it, over Exodus 20:13.
edit on 30-5-2012 by ProfEmeritus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

The pastor of New Hope Baptist Church in Seneca, Kansas says President Barack Obama has gone too far in supporting same sex marriage and it’s time for the U.S. government to begin killing gay men and lesbians.

Someone needs to revoke his IRS status.

A man of God?

A man of god does not preach violence,intolerance, and bigotry that Kansas pastor has gone to far reprehensible conduct as far as i am concerned.

There is such a thing as free speech and hate speech which that obviously is.
edit on 30-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Im sorry but those who follow this belief have a tendency to do things like this pastor is suggesting be done. I have no problem with the spiritual aspects taught in the book but the religion in itself is a violent one. Has a violent history and is still provoking violence for no reason. Stereotype? Yeah a bit but when speaking in generalized terms one must generalize. Been to crazy churches been to good churches I speak of people following the radical ideas found in the bible and living up to the old testament gods will.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
. To stereotype all by the actions of a few demands an issue be fully explored to see all sides of a story

www.adherents.com...

Is that saying all gays are homicidal maniacs bent on immoral and perverse acts towards victims? Hardly. What comes from it though is attack the messenger and likewise there will be those who take offense at my posting statistics of a cross-section of society that is probably skewed since not all killers have been caught, nor do all gays murder.

What is evident though is propensity and possibly stupidity in not having better evasion from apprehension..

I do not condone the "killing" of any, neither do I condone having personal lifestyle preference becoming mainstream. It is "personal" for a reason.

To each their own and God will sort us all out.

What is disturbing is the trend and that accounts for both sides. Don't bring an issue into being and it wouldn't have mattered to any but yourselves.

... but shock value gains attention, and we do reap what we sow. I recognize the animosity towards me I am breeding here and quite frankly, it isn't what you think of me that matters nor what I think of you. What matters is we are

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimsongod21
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

You cannot blame all people of faith for the actions of a few. That is just wrong and in reality is the same thing that the false preacher is doing calling for the down fall of an entire section of our populace due to ignorance and i feel sorry for the people who fall pray to this type of mentality.

ATS user thinks it's outrageous to label all muslims as terrorists because of a few radicals,
condemns christianity and all christians because of a few radicals.

Just wait for it. Some will come along and fight bigotry with bigotry and not bat an eyelash at the hypocrisy.

Regardless, I doubt this man preaches from the Bible. If he does, he picks and chooses verses that fit his agenda. Thing is that he has sin in his life that's equal to homosexuality, so he should take some sound biblical advise and remove the plank in his own eye before removing the speck of dust in his brother's eye.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

You do realize that you are referring to non-Christian doctrine, right?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
What a moronic coward he is. It's people like this that are a waste of the air we breath. We'll probably be reading about him on the front page soon. "Kansas Pastor busted in hotel for having sex with underage boy and possession of coc aine"

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
There is nothing funnier than listening to the "religion of peace" talk about killing people.

The most amazing thing is that in the 21st century people still think the stories in the bible are true! REALLY? There were talking, burning bushes, there were only 2 of every animal, Moses lived to be how old, there really are zombies?

Give me the microphone, get the baskets ready as I'm going to make trillions off that congregation!

Derek

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join