It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas pastor calls on U.S. government to kill LGBT people

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Isnt Kansas where Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz was from?

Perhaps the pastor is secretly a friend of Dorothy himslef, and just a bit confused

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The best thing this sicko could do for humanity is to clean his ears out with a 44 caliber q tip. Bet he spent a lot of time trying to get that candy cane out of some old mans pocket when he was a kid.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Knapp went on to read from Leviticus 20: “If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death.”

“They should be put to death,” Knapp declared. “‘Oh, so you’re saying we should go out and start killing them, no?’ — I’m saying the government should. They won’t, but they should.”

“You say, ‘Oh, I can’t believe you, you’re horrible. You’re a backwards neanderthal of a person.’ Is that what you’re calling scripture? Is God a neanderthal, backwards in his morality? Is it His word or not? If it’s His word, he commanded it. It’s His idea, not mine. And I’m not ashamed of it.”

“He said put them to death,” he continued. “Shall the church drag them in? No, I’m not say that. The church has not been given the power of the sort; the government has. But the government ought to [kill them]. You got a better idea? A better idea than God?”

So a book tells him what to think, because the book is the word of God, and the book says people should die

What a bunch of morons Christians are ...

You know how many times I've heard "... but the bible says ..."

God gave you a brain and a heart but you can't use them because he wrote it all down in a book.

He did write that book didn't he?

No?!

Oh .... people wrote that book BUT they were divinely inspired.

"If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death."

Yep that sounds divinely inspired alright ....

Christians are oh so different from those Muslims they love to hate so much ...

hypocrites.

edit on 31-5-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
its rumoured Obama is a closet gay
the Larry Sinclair story, also He belongs to the oldest gay bathhouse in Chicago

so that makes it a direct threat to the christian president

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

Knapp went on to read from Leviticus 20: “If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death.”

“They should be put to death,” Knapp declared. “‘Oh, so you’re saying we should go out and start killing them, no?’ — I’m saying the government should. They won’t, but they should.”

“You say, ‘Oh, I can’t believe you, you’re horrible. You’re a backwards neanderthal of a person.’ Is that what you’re calling scripture? Is God a neanderthal, backwards in his morality? Is it His word or not? If it’s His word, he commanded it. It’s His idea, not mine. And I’m not ashamed of it.”

“He said put them to death,” he continued. “Shall the church drag them in? No, I’m not say that. The church has not been given the power of the sort; the government has. But the government ought to [kill them]. You got a better idea? A better idea than God?”

What a bunch of morons Christians are ...

You know how many times I've heard "... but the bible says ..."

God gave you a brain and a heart but you can't use them because he wrote it all down in a book.

He did write that book didn't he?

No?!

Oh .... people wrote that book BUT they were divinely inspired.

"If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death."

Yep that sounds divinely inspired all right ....

Christians are oh so different from those Muslims they love to hate so much ... hypocrites.
So a book tells him what to think, because the book is the word of God, and the book says people should die

edit on 31-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

"God gave you the free will to do what god tells you to do" is a fine example of a bed rock concept in hypnotic technique...Its pure BRAINWASHING!

"Give us a child till he is seven , and he is ours for life" - Jesuit Maxim

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Is it just me, or has there been a rash lately of highly outspoken individuals in religious settings calling for illegal acts? If I didn't know any better, I would think that maybe someone is trying to make religion (mainly, Christianity) an enemy and perhaps enforce new laws concerning hate speech, gathering of people, etc.
Just seems a little fishy.
And of course, many will view this crackpot (possible shill) as the spokesman for all Christian churches.
Remember the Hegelian Principle before you get all up in arms over this!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

It makes me very sad to see things like this. I am gay, and I can tell you from personal experience that being gay is not a choice. I have done nothing wrong yet so many people think i'm some horrible monster, and some (like these mentioned in the original post, want me dead. I just don't understand.
edit on 31-5-2012 by aprofessionalRussian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Terrible. I don't necessarily agree with the lifestyles of gays and lesbians but that is their business. I'll respect them for who they are not what their sexual orientation is. I can not stand however the flamboyant gays who get in your business. That's when I have a problem.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by aprofessionalRussian
reply to post by Nspekta

It makes me very sad to see things like this. I am gay, and I can tell you from personal experience that being gay is not a choice. I have done nothing wrong yet so many people think i'm some horrible monster, and some (like these mentioned in the original post, want me dead. I just don't understand.
edit on 31-5-2012 by aprofessionalRussian because: (no reason given)

I have known several gay people, one who was a good friend.

None of them are gay by choice. There is a family member that I met when he was only 7 years old. I knew straight (lol) away that he was gay. I could just tell. Now he is 20 and most certainly gay. My friend "came out" and told his mother. Her response? "I know. We have always known, since you were a little boy." Gays and lesbians are like that from birth. They didn't choose to be gay anymore than I chose to be straight.

I remember when I was 5 years old, or maybe I was 4, anyway, how much I liked to hug the babysitter's pretty tanned legs. I was like glue, you couldn't pry me off her. I liked her and her legs but didn't know why
There was no conscious decision about anything it just was.

People, especially men, would really benefit from getting to know someone who is gay. Most Men that dislike gays have their own hang ups and worries about themselves. Their own sexual insecurities and fears are being projected onto gays. Get to know someone who is gay that should clarify things for you and in the process you'll realize they are people too.

Live and let live.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Starred!

Thank you so much for this, I really needed a good laugh after reading all the homophobic #e that is being spouted lately and this one had me rolling in my chair, unfortunately I'm at work and have received some really strange looks from co-workers who no doubt believe that I have finally lost my mind!

Hate is hate is hate, no matter what colour religion you paint it with!

To everybody that says this man is "just excercising his right to freedom of speech", you're right but what will you say when the maniacs in his congregation start lynching people just because they have a different sexual orientation. Anyone who attends this mans "House of Worship" obviously believes what he preaches, or they would not be there for a second service, and he is preaching hatred, pure and simple!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Did I not call it that somebody would paint Kansas as primitive backassward hicks? I know you're probably just referring to the horrible people espousing this hateful brand of religion, but still I take it personally. Sorry
edit on 30-5-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

As an Ex-Kansan and now an Oregonian (same thing really...ahaha), I can say that I would prefer to be viewed as a primitive backazoowards hick than hear more of those Wizard of Oz jokes that we poor Kansans and Ex-Kansans must endure, ahaha.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

To tell you the truth.... i'm getting fed up with all this gay bs!!!

Not all people have to love you.... we dont all have to work with you or want to work with you....

Get it into your heads that we all do not love you!!

Always in the headlies now just as much as muslims!!!

Both of you lot are like cry-babies!!!

Grow up out of that teenage confusion and get yourself some balls!!

And why isNT this in BTS????
edit on 31-5-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
How about you stop posting this crap, this is exactly what they want. Remove their voice, this isn't rocket science.

Stop spreading their message. Why would you even spend a single microsecond of your time considering what they are trying to say. It blows my mind. This is the sorta crap that floods peoples minds and stops them from thinking about the real problems like, lets say some of the rotting corpses in Africa. If half the time spent complaining, hating and processing thoughts about these radical, tyrannical subhumans and actually spent considering the world around them, one less person might die.

As Bill Hicks said, take a deep breath, you just forgot how to judge correctly. Walk away and say it's a piece of #.
edit on 31-5-2012 by BeforeTheHangmansNoose because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by Nspekta

Not all people have to love you.... we dont all have to work with you or want to work with you....

He didn't ask you to love him ...

How bout you grow a pair. Man up. Quit being so easily offended and scared of gays.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

reply to post by Nspekta

So, just to get this straight. You are fed up with "all this gay bs". I agree with you on this one, I too am fed up with all these morons talking about gay people.

Then you say, "not all of us have to work with you or want to work with you"...erm, so, now you are spouting "gay bs"...strange...

Then you say "not all people have to love you"...more "gay bs" (are you a christian?)

Then you say "now in the news as much as Muslims"...want to further this thought because it has no rationale.

Then you say "grow up out of that teen age confusion and get yourself some balls." Hmmm. So, because the church continues to attack gay people somehow gays are pushing "gay bs"? You also now show your colors as one who thinks homosexuality is "teen age confusion" and by "getting yourself some balls" one ceases to be gay.

Your post is amazingly ironic. The only ones spouting "gay bs" are you and the preacher. Perhaps it is time you grow up out of your teen age confusion, get some balls and shut up.

CJ

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by PluPerfect
reply to post by redneck13

THAT ( ^ ^ ^) is why HUMANITY, as a whole, MUST disregard 'religion'......ALL "religions".....because, "religion". as a whole (and pick your poison) are a mistake, and are setting back the advancement of Humanity.....

I've seen lunatics on both sides of the fence, I have a feeling eliminating religion won't correct anything and would probably be replaced with something else just as problematic.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

news.sky.com...

Just stop crying.......... there's much worse going on.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

reply to post by ColoradoJens

news.sky.com...

Just stop crying.......... there's much worse going on.

Good advice, perhaps you should try it ...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I have often wondered about these guys, Phelps and the lot. Seems like they are trying to create enough hatred, and animosity for Christians that the opposite happens. They round up Christians instead of LGBT's. Honestly when I hear such hatred coming out of church is that this is evil at work.

Anyone consider this?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by draco49

Originally posted by redneck13
Why is everyone in such a tizzy, it is just some crackpot preacher that isn’t going to do anything. The correct doctrine is to encourage those you believe need help to come to the church. In Iraq, they hunt gays down and shoot them, just like deer. They even shoot people they think might be gay. Why don’t all you busy bodies get that punched up on the front page.

Oh Redneck... why is EVERYTHING that comes from you so friggin STUPID?? First of all, who the hell was talking about Iraq in this thread? NOBODY! You are the ONLY one.

The thread is about the abuse of transgender people

Second, your comments that, 'in Iraq, they hunt down gays and shoot them like deer' might easily be the most ignorant and absurd thing anyone in the history of humanity has ever proclaimed. Those people are busy trying to rebuild their lives and fighting secular battles with one another. Homosexuals are the least of their problems.

You proclaim they are trying to rebuild their lives and you must think of yourself as highly intelligent and well informed. They have killed hundreds of gay people in Baghdad in the last month alone. They are killing anyone that they think could be dressed like a gay. They are trying to rebuild their lives and their religion and it is their religious duty to kill all homosexuals. This is a far more direr situation than one rouge preacher with a big mouth. You are not well informed

Third, deer in Iraq are far from plentiful, and you'd need an expert guide and serious luck to even see one.

Without even checking into the deer population in Iraq, I would have to agree but who was talking about deer in Iraq?

Please Redneck, for the sake of humanity, the next time you drive into town to sell your latest batch of white-lightning, use the payphone to call AOL and have them discontinue your Internet tube. Seriously... what do you say someone who exhibits a level of stupidity that the English language hasn't even defined a term for? I know people on their death-beds with emphysema who would make better use of oxygen than you.

That last statement is typical hate and stereotyping that the transgender are complaining about now. You are no better that Kansas preacher.
edit on 31-5-2012 by redneck13 because: n

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join