It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists to dive for Baltic Sea "UFO"

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I havent been following it much either, even though it was my OP.
When I first made this post, i was pretty intrigued by the images but after following along for a while, im irritated by these 'treasure hunters' and their bs intentional deception by omission.
They arent interested in science at all.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Well, of course not. They dive for wreckage and items worth money. It's their job. How they get paid. They are not scientists. Although if they are like any diver I've known, there is still a historic thrill when you find things. They are closer to archaeologists than scientists at any rate.

So sure, of course they are going to play up an interesting find to try and generate revenue. It's not like the object is not there. It was. They are diving and trying to find out about it. It's kind of cool imo. You people act as if you sent them your life savings or something. Their funds are probably from media sources.. who are much moreso vultures than these guys. Give them a break.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Linda Moulton Howe is going to do a special on the Baltic Sea issue and Gobekli Tepe this thursday (28th of June) night on Coast to Coast. She is a Favorite of mine on that show.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

The divers exploring a 'UFO-shaped' object at the bottom of the Baltic Sea say their equipment stops working when they approach within 200m. Professional diver Stefan Hogerborn, part of the Ocean X team which is exploring the anomaly, said some of the team's cameras and the team's satellite phone would refuse to work when directly above the object, and would only work once they had sailed away. He is quoted as saying: 'Anything electric out there - and the satellite phone as well - stopped working when we were above the object. 'And then we got away about 200 meters and it turned on again, and when we got back over the object it didn’t work.' Diver Peter Lindberg said: 'We have experienced things that I really couldn’t imagine and I have been the team's biggest skeptic regarding these different kind of theories. 'I was kind of prepared just to find a stone or cliff or outcrop or pile of mud but it was nothing like that, so for me it has been a missing experience I must say.' Member Dennis Åsberg said: 'I am one hundred percent convinced and confident that we have found something that is very, very, very unique. 'Then if it is a meteorite or an asteroid, or a volcano, or a base from, say, a U-boat from the Cold War which has manufactured and placed there - or if it is a UFO... 'Well honestly it has to be something.'

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by thetiler
Linda Moulton Howe is going to do a special on the Baltic Sea issue and Gobekli Tepe this thursday (28th of June) night on Coast to Coast. She is a Favorite of mine on that show.

Yes, Linda Moulton Howe would be perfect for this. She also did the interview on the "Great Lakes Dive Company" hoax on Coast to Coast so she would be perfect for this! Everyone was saying that the Great Lakes Dive Company didn't exist but she continued to believe in them even after they went into hiding. She is such an amazing journalist who always does thorough investigations, but too bad she didn't even find out who the guys were behind the Great Lakes Dive Company hoax, before they went into the witness protection program.

She also was great on those eggbeater drone UFOs. She found dozens of anonymous witnesses who claimed they were real so that proves the truth was just covered up.

And I like that she also discovered that aliens can make writing in the sky when people take pictures of "star UFOs". The aliens make your hands shake and this causes the stars to make alien writing in the photographs.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

Witnesses are not proof. Sorry to be picky but thought that needed pointing out. For example, in a court of law, witness statements can be used but you cannot be convicted on witness statements alone as even the law recognises that someone saying "i saw this" is not evidence.
edit on 27-6-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Witnesses are not proof. Sorry to be picky but thought that needed pointing out. For example, in a court of law, witness statements can be used but you cannot be convicted on witness statements alone as even the law recognises that someone saying "i saw this" is not evidence.
edit on 27-6-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

Actually, I was joking. "Anonymous witnesses" are not proof at all of anything. What they say may be interesting but to use them as "evidence" is pretty suspect. In the case of the drones, since it was a hoax (I think most rational people agree that it was a hoax), the "multiple witnesses" were probably all just a few people submitting multiple reports.

And with respect to the "Great Lakes Dive Company" hoax, how can you trust Linda Moulton Howe as a journalist if she fails to even get a proper identity of the person at the center of the story (who went by the name Adam Jimenez - to this day his real identity is unknown).

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Ahhhh, sorry missed that. Suffering from a bad case of "did i really just read that?" today and seem to applying it glibly across the boards! My apologies.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Its widely believed to be a hoax but it has never been proved as such

Contact details for the great lakes diving co

www.manta.com...
edit on 27-6-2012 by dashdespatch because: addition

sonar images of the missing f89 and the crashed "ufo" near to it

www.think-aboutit.com...
edit on 27-6-2012 by dashdespatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch

Its widely believed to be a hoax but it has never been proved as such

Contact details for the great lakes diving co

Uh, actually, they used a name that was almost identical to the name of a REAL diving company. The "Great Lakes DIVING Company" is the name of a real diving company which has NO CONNECTION to the hoax or "Adam Jimenez", the hoaxer. The fictitious "Great Lakes Dive Company" was an invented name and the company does not and never has existed.

www.manta.com...
edit on 27-6-2012 by dashdespatch because: addition

sonar images of the missing f89 and the crashed "ufo" near to it

www.think-aboutit.com...
edit on 27-6-2012 by dashdespatch because: (no reason given)

I recall the images were shown to some people acquainted with side scan sonar and they stated they were probably fakes. They look like crappy illustrations passed through a photoshop noise filter.

But we know that everything suggests the "discovery" was a hoax:
1) Initial "announcement" of the "discovery" was made in a fake AP "news story" quoted in an email (no such AP news story exists).
2) The "dive company" claimed they were denied access to the site by the Canadian government - but no one had actually made any request to the government
3) No one in the Great Lakes shipwreck diving community had ever heard of "Adam Jimenez" or the "Great lakes Dive Company".

Not a single "allegation" made by the hoaxers was ever proven as fact. They abruptly took down their website and terminated their email and cellphone accounts when people started asking questions.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Not a single "allegation" made by the hoaxers was ever proven as a hoax

What i dont get is why did nobody just go down and take a look?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Not a single "allegation" made by the hoaxers was ever proven as a hoax

What i dont get is why did nobody just go down and take a look?

Uh, because no one is going to waste time and resources to go searching for something that isn't there? They never provided the GPS coordinates for the find because there was no find.

And you are wrong to state that nothing was "proven" to be a hoax.
1) The "news story" they quoted was a hoax
2) The claim that they had been denied access to the site by the Canadian government was a lie.
3) The "dive company" did not even exist (so the dive company was a hoax)

In short, the whole story was a hoax. Get it?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

"In summary, MUFON, after many hours of investigation by a number of our dedicated field investigators, has not been able to substantiate any of GLDC’s claims. Until GLDC personnel resurface with more information, and definitive proof of the F-89 discovery, their claims will continue to remain doubtful. MUFON will continue it’s investigation and update our members and the UFO community as further developments unfold."

Why are mufon continuing to investigate if its a "proven hoax"?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

"In summary, MUFON, after many hours of investigation by a number of our dedicated field investigators, has not been able to substantiate any of GLDC’s claims. Until GLDC personnel resurface with more information, and definitive proof of the F-89 discovery, their claims will continue to remain doubtful. MUFON will continue it’s investigation and update our members and the UFO community as further developments unfold."

Why are mufon continuing to investigate if its a "proven hoax"?

I don't think MUFON is still investigating. You should ask James Carrion if he discovered anything. I guess they probably don't have the resources (money and time) to track down the real identity of the idiot who falsely claimed that he had found a jet which has been missing since 1953, along with its crew.

The hoaxer (in this case) demonstrated great callousness towards the real people who are the friends and family of the pilot and radar operator who went missing with their plane. They exploited a real mystery involving a real unsolved disappearance of a USAF jet and crew to create a total phony story. What was their motivation? I don't know, but I'd sure like to know. They have done a great disservice to anyone who is seeking the real answers to the real unsolved mysteries, especially since there are so many gullible people who still swallow the story.

I ask you, how would you feel if your father disappeared with his plane and was never found? And then some idiot comes along who makes up a story that he had found the plane along with a "flying saucer" on the bottom of a lake. Not only does this hoaxer create false news stories to promote his phony discovery, but he invents a phony dive company and creates phony images that he publishes on the Internet to convince people that he has found the plane.

You do understand why this is highly unethical and pretty despicable, don't you?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
New picture and audio interview up at the ocean explorer website!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Hoax? Are you idiots done being indoctrinated by Mainstream Media ? They are going to hand over GPS coordinates to a scientific expedition if they cannot come up with sufficient scientific data that is compelling enough. There is a find and it's legitimate.
edit on 29-6-2012 by redrezo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
not sure this vid is posted yet, couldnt find it.

new image seen at 7.27
start at 6.09

edit on 12-7-2012 by Memenquay because, the picture at 7.27 is probably copy/ past, sorry for put it here

edit on 12-7-2012 by Memenquay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
the object in the image shown at 6:15 is just the original millenium-falcon-looking thing copied and pasted into an oval shape.

Even A slight shade of white from above the falcon is copied and pasted into the oval and through the copy/paste technique makes into a stange pattern showing above the oval.

100% FAKE!
edit on 12-7-2012 by dmsuse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Memenquay
not sure this vid is posted yet, couldnt find it.

new image seen at 7.27
start at 6.09

wow, i wasnt aware of this! thanks for sharing

well i think this is gonna be interesting...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dmsuse
the object in the image shown at 6:15 is just the original millenium-falcon-looking thing copied and pasted into an oval shape.

Even A slight shade of white from above the falcon is copied and pasted into the oval and through the copy/paste technique makes into a stange pattern showing above the oval.

100% FAKE!
edit on 12-7-2012 by dmsuse because: (no reason given)

yes, i was thinking it could be something like you said, sorry for put the video here, its a copy /paste image.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join