It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists to dive for Baltic Sea "UFO"

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by decepticonLaura

Exactly. Pictures of rocks at the bottom of the Sea.

No aliens, no life on the moon (don't know where that one even came from regarding this thread), etc.

Certainly interesting and potentially very intriguing if it turns out to be man made constructs rather than natural geology.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
From their description it sounds more like a submerged archaeological site.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
MORE NEWS!

Ocean X team returns from their first expedition investigating the mysterious object they discovered in the Baltic Sea. The expedition was supposed to provide answers, but instead yielded yet more questions.

A main objective of the dive was to film the object, and yet the camera stopped working when they approached the object.

[Stefan Hogerborn, Professional Diver]:
“Why isn’t anything working, anything electric out there and the satellite phone as well stopped working when we were above the object and then we got away about 200 meters and it turned on again and when we got back over the object it didn’t work so that’s kind of strange as well.”

[Dennis Åsberg, Treasure Hunter]:
“I am one hundred percent convinced and confident that we have found something that is very, very, very unique. Then if it is a meteorite or an asteroid or a volcano or a base from, say, a U-boat from the Cold War which has manufactured and placed there, yes, or if it's a UFO, well honestly it has to be something."

english.ntdtv.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Its getting interesting again , based on the 3 points below.

highlight summary from the video:

1. Appears to have stairs ,hallways or walls, etc.
2. nothing electrical works above the object:
A main objective of the dive was to film the object, and yet the camera stopped working when they approached the object.
“Why isn’t anything working, anything electric out there and the satellite phone as well stopped working when we were above the object and then we got away about 200 meters and it turned on again and when we got back over the object it didn’t work so that’s kind of strange as well.”

3. Did not deny that it wasn't a UFO.

[Dennis Åsberg, Treasure Hunter]:
“I am one hundred percent convinced and confident that we have found something that is very, very, very unique. Then if it is a meteorite or an asteroid or a volcano or a base from, say, a U-boat from the Cold War which has manufactured and placed there, yes, or if it's a UFO, well honestly it has to be something."

According to them it could be a meteorite, asteroid , volcano , base from, say, a U-boat from the Cold War , or if it's a UFO.

meteorite, asteroid :
I don't think an at rest meteorite or asteroid would cause electrical equipment to stop working (EMP)?

Volcano:
Strange formation for a volcano such as 90 degree angles possible stairs and walls.

Base from cold war:
That sounds more plausible to me than the volcano or meteorite or rock scenarios. However, why would it cause an EMP like effect and wouldn't it still require some electrical power source for it to still generate some type of interference. If it used a nuclear power source than there is no way that the MIL would allow them to even remotely get close to it.

UFO:
Can't resist using this picture

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I said previously that when I examined the sonar scan there appeared to be structures on the circular anomaly.

We should not discount the failure of certain devices as being a convenient excuse. It could be that the circular anomaly may be generating, at the present, an unexplained energy field. The funny thing is that whatever the possible field of energy is, it did not stop the sonar scan equipment from recording the seabed detail.
edit on 21-6-2012 by arianna because: text

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Very anecdotal and more than a little convenient, as footage that proves it to be something conventional and terrestrial would make funding future expeditions difficult.

Or it could be true, in which case it's truly anomalous.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

Very anecdotal and more than a little convenient, as footage that proves it to be something conventional and terrestrial would make funding future expeditions difficult.

Or it could be true, in which case it's truly anomalous.

It could be:

1) a coincidence (random mechanical or electrical failure)

2) more hype and fabrications to get publicity

3) genuine anomaly

But ask yourselves, with all the failures of electrical and other equipment happening every day, how many are caused by a real anomaly (such as close proximity to a major electromagnetic field)?

This reminds me (again) of the Great Lakes Dive Company hoax, where they claimed that their sonar failed when it was near the "disk". They attributed the failure of the sonar to "radiation", and they said that they had to rig us a "fish finder" to get sonar images of the "disk".

Of course it turned out there was no disk, no intact F-89 on the bottom of the lake, no dive company - the whole thing was a hoax. I smell a hoax with this one, since they keep feeding all these "little mysteries" without providing any sort of evidence.

I guess time will tell, but so far I am totally unimpressed by anything they have shown.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

I'm no expert, but isn't an EMP just what it says on the tin? A "pulse" of electro-magnetism? If something is cutting electrical equipment out then it's surely a steady source of interference and not a pulse?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I guess the "Space Nazis" actually went under water...

Maybe Hitler is alive down there...remember that the bones we have that are supposedly his tested DNA to be female...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

It turns out to be a rock formation, the video was posted on YouTube.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
looks like a pile of rocks to me...... what am i missing?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae

Humility. You obviously think you know better than a team of divers with many years of experience looking for wrecks and sonar images indicating something man-made.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Here is the YT video for the latest report.
youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
carefull ,,,

Date-Time [UTC]: Thursday, 21th June 2012 at

11:11 AM Local Date/Time:

Thursday, June 21, 2012 at 11:11 in the morning at
Coordinate: 66° 51.600, 18° 16.200
Depth: 1 km (0.62 miles)
Hypocentrum: Shallow depth
Class: Minor
Region: Europe

Midgardar, Iceland

"Midgard" lol at 11:11 ohh my this cant be good lol

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
carefull ,,,

Date-Time [UTC]: Thursday, 21th June 2012 at

11:11 AM Local Date/Time:

Thursday, June 21, 2012 at 11:11 in the morning at
Coordinate: 66° 51.600, 18° 16.200
Depth: 1 km (0.62 miles)
Hypocentrum: Shallow depth
Class: Minor
Region: Europe

Midgardar, Iceland

"Midgard" lol at 11:11 ohh my this cant be good lol

'cold shiver' i'm really pleased you pointed this out. thanks.
beginning of the end maybe lol....
edit on 21-6-2012 by christafinias because: Typo

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
If nothing electric was working, how was the "dive computer" registering and reporting the water temperature?
Anyone?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi

Originally posted by pasiphae

Humility. You obviously think you know better than a team of divers with many years of experience looking for wrecks and sonar images indicating something man-made.

i wasn't being sarcastic. i watched the video and didn't see anything at all that looked man made. that's why i'm wondering what i'm missing. there was nothing in the video that seemed to relate to what they might even be excited about.

** edit to add that i watched the last link posted. now i get it. the camera wouldn't work. THAT'S why we aren't seeing anything.... other than those round rocks.
edit on 21-6-2012 by pasiphae because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Yep, unless there is something that activates the EMP when something gets within a distance?

However, the effects don't appear to be permanent as their camera worked again when they got approximately 200 meters away from the object. This is ofcourse assuming they are not making this up for a publicity stunt?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
OceanX Team has released a new sonar scan image: www.facebook.com...

A small part of the straight lines Dennis has been talking about earlier. There is also a picture of the much talked about hole in the files section.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I haven't followed the topic,
this?
blog.mostrecentufonews.com...

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join