It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit Animal Guides Mine is Raven, what is yours?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Growing up and knowing I was a Scorpio, I had indoctrinated myself into that world of astrology, as well as other estoteric natures of animals such as The Chinese use.

Traditionally, the Scorpio has two natures, one is the Eagle Scorpio, known by their deep dark hidden secret side, aggressive and possessive, even jealous by fault, and the other is the Lizard Scorpio, the "lesser" degree of dark, lesser degree of pain, lesser degree of secrets. I knew exactly that I was a Lizard.

It was much later when the Lizard introduced itself to me by way of "understanding", by its representative nature to us from Nature. The Lizard gives a part of itself away, by breaking off of its tail, in order to survive. Much like I had behaved with love, with work, and with friendships. Anyone who tried to hold me was left standing with a part of me but not all of me.

As the years passed I was introduced to the Spirit of the Owl. The Owl sees through the camuflage of life, beyond the tall grass, and sees the mouse hidden. The mouse is the deception or the representation of a deception or hidden truth, but the Owl can see through it all and immediately and silently dispatches its quarry. Now when an owl shows itself to me I know that a deception is afoot to remain aware of it.

I have met, in a lucid state, the Serpent; I rejected it and if it could see fit I should be dead. There is no message of healing nor is there any message of "enlightenment", simply pure reptilian instinct with no remorse.

I currently have no animal totems over me right now; I do have three dogs that take up my time, they have their own totems. I no longer break and run and I no longer worry about deceptions, I have simply removed myself and now have come into a blissfulness that all of this is about to end; the birds, the fishes, the diversity. It has reached a pinnacle called Man!

I do admit, I have a strong inclination that BigFoot is real! Sure there are tons of fake situations, but it is one of those moments when the Patterson Tape says what it says! Perhaps that is my next totem, the original graft of Nature.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
While I have had several animal spirit guides ver the years (Eagle, Hummingbird, cats, Wolves), I have to g with the lngest standing beast; the Wolf.

My jurney with Wolves started in 1982 when my wife (now ex found a young female in respnse to my stated desire to "have a Wolf"). Yeah, it started pretty stupidly.

Her name was "Kachina", we purchased her fro a native american who had fallen upon hard times. It still makes e cry; knowing that that beautiful creature was to be mine, and ot his. After learning the true nature of the Wlf, I understod what I had taken frm him.

Anyway, Kachina was the ost intelligent 4 legged I've ever known, she had language, used logic and abstraction. I didn't think an animal lesser than a Human could do that...my education had just begun.

Today, I have "Ista", Kachina great-great-great grand daughter. One of the most truy beautiful creatures in the Universe. I thank the "great spirit" every day for her (thats almost 7 years now). And, I also have "Tanka", Ista's mate.

By the way; Ista is 50% Alaskan Tundra / 20% Eastern Timber, Tanka is 97% Timber. You can see poor images in my avatar.

edit on 29-5-2012 by AnthraAndromda because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Growing up and knowing I was a Scorpio

*waves to my fellow Scorpion

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

So what you're telling me is, "If you think it is, it is."

There's really no way to know...except for obvious anti-coincidence. By which, I mean that it's so coincidental, it can't be.

That's what I'm getting from this.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You can try meditation, medicine cards, a shaman, seer or psychic.....But how I have learned was through the ability to see nature and understand what nature tells me since I was a young child.....

What animals are drawn to you in the wild or outside? Are there any that are in the area during a coincidence? Do you have reoccurring dreams of certain animals? Have you dreamt of being a certain animal? Have any animals died in your presence?

You need to listen to your inner self and you will know what is true.....

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

So what you're telling me is, "If you think it is, it is."

There's really no way to know...except for obvious anti-coincidence. By which, I mean that it's so coincidental, it can't be.

That's what I'm getting from this.

lol.... essentially that's correct but if you must have instructions.

Animal Totem - How to find...

α.Since we are drawn to that which resonates with us, what animal, bird, or insect are you drawn to?
β.When you go to the park, forest, or zoo what animal are you most interested in seeing?
γ.What animal do you most frequently see when you're out in nature or in the city?
δ.What animals are you currently interested in learning about?
ε.Which animal do you find most frightening or intriguing?
ζ.Have you ever been bitten or attacked by an animal?
η.Is there a recurring animal in your dreams or do you have one you have never forgotten?

If you are still uncertain which animal is your totem, here a few exercises you can do to come closer to the answer. You must not try to force the animal to come, it can pick up on that energy and be put off. Being patient and doing the following exercises will draw your animal totem to you.

α.Ask yourself what animal has played a meaningful part in your world? If you're unsure, make a list of animals that have drawn your interest or have left a deep impression on you from paintings, photographs, stories, movies, carvings, etc.
β.Which animal shows up in your life most frequently? Keep a journal of the animals present in your dreams or that you encounter through the day for the next month. How did the animal behave? Did you interact with the animal?
γ.Find a place where you can be alone to meditate. Sit quietly and ask your animal to make it's nature known to you. Feel free to use tools such as incense, smudge, and candles to help you.
δ.Don't give up, sometimes your animal totem is nearby watching to see if you're serious about connecting with it. Keep doing the above exercises until your animal totem makes itself known to you.

Maybe that will help...

ETA - this response so it doesn't get overlooked.

Originally posted by Starwise
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You can try meditation, medicine cards, a shaman, seer or psychic..... But how I have learned was through the ability to see nature and understand what nature tells me since I was a young child.....

What animals are drawn to you in the wild or outside? Are there any that are in the area during a coincidence? Do you have reoccurring dreams of certain animals? Have you dreamt of being a certain animal? Have any animals died in your presence?

You need to listen to your inner self and you will know what is true.....

and this should be repeated....

You need to listen to your inner self and you will know what is true..... ~ Starwise
edit on 29-5-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage

As the years passed I was introduced to the Spirit of the Owl. The Owl sees through the camuflage of life, beyond the tall grass, and sees the mouse hidden. The mouse is the deception or the representation of a deception or hidden truth, but the Owl can see through it all and immediately and silently dispatches its quarry. Now when an owl shows itself to me I know that a deception is afoot to remain aware of it.

I love my owls! Owls not only see and hear the truth! They are so much more than that! Whenever I see an owl or hear it, I think clairvoyance/clairaudience, wisdom from listening to yourself or acknowledging guidance given to you........its magical!! Of course who can resist Pallas Athena, the Great Goddess Herself!

owl totems

reg

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

No involvement with my spiritual guide, sorry. I just have an affinity for dogs.
edit on 28-5-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

Same here, i've always been drawn to and loved dogs (slept with a few too
)

Its weird this thread popped up though as I just downloaded a book on the subject written by Brad Stieger

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Ugh... had to visit the other pages from your link. I have no problems with metaphysical healers but I think there are many charlatans who prey on the weak minded. One of the indictaors I use to determine the charlatans is by looking at the prices on their metaphysical crystals.

The price on this crystal is outrageous:
Amethyst Crystal

I hate seeing people being taken advantage of. A real market value on that crystal is about $50... not $550...
edit on 29-5-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The animals I most closely associate with.

Bear, fox and, of course, rabbit.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Lions.

And Crows.

edit on 29-5-2012 by bastet11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Ouch damn....Yeah I agree. It was one of many links I had opened at the time....did not see that part....

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise

Ouch damn....Yeah I agree. It was one of many links I had opened at the time....did not see that part....

I buy and sell semi precious stones all the time so I'm familiar with the pricing. No worries though... I know it was just posted to provide the information.... which I think is valid enough.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
My Spirit Animal.....
hmmm .... Well about 12 years ago I had a rather special dream.

I was running in a large open area no sky, no ground perse but my feet did have purchase.... I ran and ran as fast as I could, excitement and a building of energy within my very being, faster and faster I ran and my soul was fit to bursting with the energy building inside and around me. Suddenly my feet stopped having any contact with the floor I was changing, I spread my arms wide only to see pure brilliant white scales down my arms and instead of hands I had talons.... I felt wings on my back gliding higher and higher... My body now twisted and turned in the ether with a masterful grace.. a Dragon of Pure Brilliant White, appearing light blue in shadow.

I will never forget it.. Subsequently I have had dreams of a large cavern with a giant heart filling it and flying around it were many dragons of all colours.

My Spirit Guide Dragon

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarriorOfLight96
reply to post by gentledissident

I have thought about what you said and I have not asked an elder about it as of yet and I did have a dream of myself in a cocoon and coming out of it and spreading light to every room and I wonder if this something to do with it.

P.S. who Jung? Is it Carl Jung or is that somebody on this board?
edit on 29-5-2012 by WarriorOfLight96 because: (no reason given)

Carl Gustav Jung was a psychological theorist who was interested primarily in symbols and their perception.

Check it out on Wikipedia.
edit on 29/5/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I have no idea what my animal guide or spirit guide is Id like to find out though
my girlfriend says that I have healing hands as do others in my family .
Which is weird considering I dont feel that in any way.

Id like to know more if I have any guides or anything to do with shamanism

Just read that wee list before and I have to admit I do dream alot about spiders !
can a spider be an animal totem ?

edit on 29-5-2012 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

Again edited just checked and its linked to creativity , Im quite artisitc and Im a graphic designer so
that kind of makes sense , Im not creeped out by spiders I just like them cus they are tiny and cool
and can make cool webs! I rescued one the other day actually as my dad gave me a new dog basket
and I saved it from my inquisitive puppies !

Took me a while to catch it and pick it up with my hands it was quite fast !
edit on 29-5-2012 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
My spirit animal is a smokey snake

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Those who are asking how, I can offer some advice.

Get more connected to nature. It is pretty simple really. The more time you spend out doors in the woods or surrounded by nature, the more you reconnect with nature. If you are the spiritual type, and wish to know about your animal guides, meditate on it while being in it. Find a nice rock or field somewhere,sit down, relax, and do a simple little meditation. Simply state out loud that you wish to know your spirit animal, that you believe it is time. You could even do this for other guides as well. Then quietly sit in stillness and close your eyes. Just relax for a few minutes,get into a meditative state and thank spirit for hearing your request and calmly get up and walk away. Then pay close attention to your dreams, because it seems to me anyways, that this is where they first appear, and as your connection gets stronger and as the animals change,the contact becomes stronger.
you will know when it is a guide.

try it!
You never know, it could work!

But as has been pointed out a few times, you don't choose your guide, your guide chooses you,
and they change over time, depending on what you need.

I don't think there is any true quick way, no shortcuts, but you have to start somewhere.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

That's awesome!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Well I'd say most of the general population's would be the dodo bird,but that's just me.

I have never met my "spirit animal" Never really connected with my animal.
all in due time i suppose .

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join