It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit Animal Guides Mine is Raven, what is yours?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hoonsince89

That happens to me too, everything gets quiet....guides quiet down.

And then BOOM!!

Back again giving me sign.
Sometimes it is even a period of years.
It all depends on what is going on around me.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Originally my spirit guide was turtle, which is also my clan, in the native American understanding. Had great dreams of living on this one section of river. I would float down this stream slowly over many years and somehow plod my way back to the beginning and start over.
I was joining others on this journey down stream, and was useful as had travelled this path many times. Finally it occured to me that the next part of the river may be interesting and continued my journey further downstream into the unknown.

It was shortly after this that Owl became an influence. Figure there maybe a bit to be read into this dream it certainly 'fitted' me at the time. There is a lot of value and personal understanding to both dreams and animal guides. It can deepen and enrich both the experiances you have and your understanding of them.

To all my brothers and sisters, I wish you all well on your own journey and self discovery.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Mine is a kangaroo.
He protects me with his boxing and helps me hide stuff in his pouch..

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
I know a lot of people are going to scoff at this, and that is fine. It is something that I have pretty much kept to myself over the years, however, I am just curious so I will explain my experience, and then if you have something similar, I would love to hear your story.

I began to dream about raven several years ago. First it was a raven on a tree in a field telling me about changes in animal totems. I would watch one set of animals go into the woods and others emerge and would hear a voice saying things were changing. Usually this would happen as my moods changed over the years and I would be put into different circumstances causing a change from wolf to deer or elk to moose etc. All rather strange considering I never gave animal totems much thought. When I would look into the meanings of these animals I would gain insight into personal relationships and how I was evolving through them. That was how I first met Raven.Funny, I had always thought of myself/my guide as wolf.

Then I moved back to my hometown in Alaska.
I had a lay over in Juneau and had to rent a hotel room. I accidentally left the window open, and the next morning I awoke to a raven cawing at me from the window. My eyes opened and I looked at it, and I heard in my mind "Welcome Home". It was very direct.
I went for a walk that morning before I caught my flight to my home town, and for the first time in many many years, I felt at home. It wasn't just a feeling, my soul was in a state of relief. I was being watched by several ravens as I walked through a small trail around the hotel. I felt a weird connection.

Over the next year, I kept having these weird experiences with ravens, where they would just catch my attention and I would know something. Usually having to do with illness. Seems ravens tell me when people are ill in my family.

As I researched into ravens and raven as a spirit guide I realized something I had already played with in my mind, which was raven IS my guide. The weird thing is, I got a double whammy, I am half Tlingit native and half Norwegian, both cultures firmly believed in raven. Could it be genetic?

The more I have looked into all of the meanings, the more convinced I am that raven is a real spirit being.
Anyone else have something similar?
edit on 28-5-2012 by Darkblade71 because: Typos, no elf coming out of the woods...elk...lol

How does a person discover this? Is it just an instinctive "association" that manifests itself naturally? I've always been fascinated by domestic cats, but not of any particular exquisite "wild" type. For awhile there I was drawn to bears, and also the indigenous Northwestern cultures that are 1/2 your own heritage.
I'd would really like to find out, but from what I've researched, these animal guides find you.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I think mine might be a bowl of custard.

Really, it explains a lot.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Although I was reluctant to indulge in this type of thing for years I have come to believe through experience that my spirit animal is El Mariposa, a moth...

X.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
everyone can laugh if you will, but I found out from my friends grandmother (who also happens to be an ojibwe elder on her reservation) that my animal spirit guide is a weasel. It actually matches me to a "T" surprisingly enough. www.linsdomain.com...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by QueSeraSera

I imagine it's different for everyone... Personally I've spoken to my spirit guide.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I have had many animal totems over the years, but the one that seems to stick with me is the Owl. Specifically the Screetch Owl (earlier in my life) and more recently ( for the past 8 years or so) the Great Horned Owl.
I travel quite alot, and I live far out from Metro areas and it seems I always have Owls where I go.
Right now, I have 2 breeding pairs of GH Owls on my property (probably more, but there are 2 pairs in the immediate 5 acres...I live on 160 acres).
I love that they are here, since they keep the mouse/gopher/mole/vole and other pesky varmints in check.
People that scoff at spiritual things have brought me Owl feathers they have found, for no reason other than the feathers made them think of me and they thought I would want them. (I do leatherwork and other "traditional" type crafts)
Fun topic...thank you! And remember to thank your Spirit Animal, too

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by QueSeraSera

Do you have an emotion inside you that feels more animal?
Think about that for a little while.
Live in that emotion for a minute, no matter what it is.
What does it feel like?
How does it fit into animal guides?
First find the part of you that you repress/express, examine it,
see if it is something that reminds you of an animal.
Once you are in touch with the more primal self,
I think the connections start to build.

But I dunno really.
That's why I listened to metal growing up, it was the primal beat.
I could indulge it.
I never chose what animals I got, they came to me. I remember once where I had a dream of wolves. A pack came to inspect me, with one white wolf who sniffed me, then they all ran off. To me, wolf was my being, to the spirit world, I guess not so much.

edit on 29-5-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Elostone

I have a raven feather that came to me like that. Someone just handed it to me out of the blue one day saying they thought of me and I should have it. I actually get a fair amount of feathers as signs too. Not raven feathers though, these are smaller. One of my spirit guides is named Feather and likes to leave them around once and a while as a reminder. Especially if I start to doubt myself.

It is interesting to see animal guides swap out as situations change.
I'm glad to see other people notice that as well.

edit on 29-5-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

If you have not read the book "Animal Speak -The Spiritual & Magical Powers of Creatures Great and Small" by Ted Andrews, I highly recommend it.
It's funny...I have the book and havent looked at it in years! This thread compelled me to see if I still had it and "Walla!" ...there it was within arms reach!
I would give it's essay on Ravens for you, but fear it may violate the T&C...
Check it out if you can find it.
Peace

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Elostone

I have not read that, but I will have to now.

Thanks for the pointer!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I don't really know much about this kind of stuff, but wolves are something that I dream about often. Typically a white wolf with a black marking down its back starting at it's head. If I am angry ( which rarely happens anymore but was a large problem when I was younger due to an abusive father) when I dream, I will be a large ( for lack of a better term) werewolf that seems to bleed of my anger.

I have never spoken to them, that I can remember. It typically is me following them somewhere to see something. I have always had an affinity for canines, I was the kid who the mean dog in the neighborhood would roll over on his belly when I would come by. I understand canines far better than I do most people.

I am not native american as far as I am aware, Irish and German.Although wolves are big in those cultures as well.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Well I always thought mine would be a cat as I've always loved them and had an affinity, but just doing a test apparently I'm a spider. I have a fear of spiders which came strangely out of nowhere as I played happily with spiders as a child, but suddenly I didn't like them. But that said it does make sense. Spiders seem weirdly drawn to me and over the years I have always dreamed of spiders, then once I've dreamed of one I'm destined to see one within 24 hours.

Odd...very odd

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by Quyll

If I am not mistaken,
Owl is also a sign of spirit.
A messenger, much like raven.
And tied to mystic arts.

As is butterfly which carries the presence of the creator.

All three are messengers.
edit on 28-5-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

Lol, I was going to say Owl & Butterfly!!

Both of which only entered my life over the last year or so (since I started taking notice)
I actually posted on a couple of threads here ats thread & ats thread it tripped me out so much!

Butterflies, I have noticed making an appearance whenever I have a particularly prophetic thought. I now take it as a sign I'm on the right track.
Thanks for posting, I'm really enjoying learning more about these guides.

Also, I thought this may be of interest. I was researching last week when I came across it. The bit that I found most interesting is where it states-

FINDING YOUR ANIMAL TOTEM

You do not choose a Spirit Guide as your personal spirit guide. The Spirit chooses you and they decide to whom they will reveal themselves and make their friend. Do not fall into the trap of saying, “Gosh, I think the wolf is a smart, good looking and powerful animal, so the wolf will become my animal guide.” It does not work this way.

Each Animal has its own Medicine which is unique to that specific creature as gifted by the Great Mystery and its spirit cannot be chosen like the color of your new car. Discovering who your animal guides are is a process of paying attention to the spirits around you and following the signs. It is a process of developing your inner knowledge and spiritual understanding.

An individual can not be assigned a spirit guide by another person, regardless of who that person maybe, no more than another person can say how or when the Great Mystery of Life will be known to you.

What happens if you want an animal spirit so bad you can taste it (not literally) and one has not come to you? We have two suggestions for this case. First, pray about it. Second, be satisfied with whatever happens or does not happen. It if comes, then it comes. If it does not, then it does not. End of question.

Link-
edit on 29-5-2012 by jewells because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2012 by jewells because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
My 'medicine' is Eagle Medicine and my Totem is the Dolphin. I have yet to find my spirit animal, need to do another Sun Ceremony/Vision Quest to find it.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
My spirit guides are Male and Female humans. When i was a child i had lots of contact with the male entity in my dreams, and when i grew older i had contact with my female guide and her beauty up to about last year in my dreams. One day i had a profound dream of waking up as a Great Black Jaguar. I was privileged to speak with the Lion King and Queen, and a few other big cat along with some i didn't recognize, but i should have. This was the first time i had seen any or been an animal in my dreams. Second time there were animals present in my dream were these pesky white owls, but they were only there to spy on me.Once noticed they flew away to never be seen again. Another thing worth mentioning is according to Mayan Tzolkin Calender my tone is 6(flow) and sun sign is the Jaguar. Lastly i have subconsciously made this post today, according to the Tzolkin(www.mayanmajix.com...) under Tone 6(flow) and Jaguar Sun Sign.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I don’t believe that I have one particular animal as my spirit guide, however tiny little spiders seem to have quite an affinity for me and often appear when I get a little too caught up in the rat race, maybe as a reminder to stop and remember the little, simple tings in life. I actually find them quite cute and love there company especially if I’m alone.

Quite a few times in my life a bird called the ‘Powerful Owl’, native to the Eastern coast of Australia, has appeared to me to mark times of significant change or highlight other important things to me.

I do not doubt that many people have a particular animal as their spirit guide. But I think it’s important to point out that all animals bear us messages or omens and that which can be deciphered through correlating what issues we are currently facing in our lives with what that particular animal means to us on a personal and spiritual level.

I quite a detailed thread on these animal messengers not too long ago if any of you are interested entitled:

The Messages of Animals

ETA: As soon as I pressed 'post' a tiny little spider ran across the screen of my laptop.

edit on 29/5/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Purusha
(= horse .(.in) the akasha - space )

www.ramakrishnavivekananda.info...

Text......because it is only a manifestation.

The first point we will contend with Kapila is his idea of God. Just as the series of modifications of Prakriti, beginning with the individual intellect and ending with the individual body, require a Purusha behind, as the ruler and governor, so, in the Cosmos, the universal intellect, the universal egoism, the universal mind, all universal fine and gross materials, must have a ruler and governor. How will the cosmic series become complete without the universal Purusha behind them all as the ruler and governor? If you deny a universal Purusha behind the cosmic series, we deny your Purusha behind the individual series. If it be true that behind the series of graded, evolved individual manifestations, there stands One that is beyond them all, the Purusha who is not composed of matter, the very same logic will apply to the case of universal manifestations. This Universal Self which is beyond the universal modifications of Prakriti is what is called Ishwara, the Supreme Ruler, God.

Now comes the more important point of difference. Can there be more than one Purusha? The Purusha, we have seen, is omnipresent and infinite. The omnipresent, the infinite, cannot be two. If there are two infinites A and B, the infinite A would limit the infinite B, because the infinite B is not the infinite A, and the infinite A is not the infinite B. Difference in identity means exclusion, and exclusion means limitation. Therefore, A and B, limiting each other, cease to be infinites. Hence, there can be but one infinite, that is, one Purusha.

Now we will take up our x and y and show they are one. We have shown how what we call the external world is x + mind, and the internal world y + mind; x and y are both quantities unknown and unknowable. All difference is due to time, space, and causation. These are the constituent elements of the mind. No mentality is possible without them. You can never think without time, you can never imagine anything without space, and you can never have anything without causation. These are the forms of the mind. Take them away, and the mind itself does not exist. All difference is, therefore, due to the mind. According to Vedanta, it is the mind, its forms, that have limited x and y apparently and made them appear as external and internal worlds. But x and y, being both beyond the mind, are without difference and hence one. We cannot attribute any quality to them, because qualities are born of the mind. That which is qualityless must be one; x is without qualities, it only takes qualities of the mind; so does y; therefore these x and y are one. The whole universe is one. There is only one Self in the universe, only One Existence, and that One Existence, when it passes through the forms of time, space, and causation, is called by different names, Buddhi, fine matter, gross matter, all mental and physical forms. Everything in the universe is that One, appearing in various forms. When a little part of it comes, as it were, into this network of time, space, and causation, it takes forms; take off the network, and it is all one. Therefore in the Advaita philosophy, the whole universe is all one in the Self which is called Brahman. That Self when it appears behind the universe is called God. The same Self when it appears behind this little universe, the body, is the soul. This very soul, therefore, is the Self in man. There is only one Purusha, the Brahman of the Vedanta

edit on 29-5-2012 by nii900 because: is there visible at all if in these astral/akashic waters , btw

edit on 29-5-2012 by nii900 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join