It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit Animal Guides Mine is Raven, what is yours?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
There's a bat in my backyard always flying in circles above me...

edit on 28-5-2012 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
reply to post by Darkblade71

You do know what a group of ravens is called....a conspiracy of ravens. That is epic awesomeness.

For myself, I've always identified with the grey wolf. No idea why.

I tend to think that one doesn't find their spirit animal so much as the spirit animal finds you.
That's been my experience. When one is open enough spiritually to see it, one may find that
it's not what they might have presumed it to be. e.g., I thought I gravitated towards a white wolf,
but it seems sparrow found me.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

That has been my experience as well, I always thought of myself as wolf, but when things started to happen, it was raven that had the connection.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
i guess i needed three guides because none are like majestic as all youse seem to have...

owl, turtle and the extinct cave bear that was around in the ice age era

owl is the messenger that appears quite quickly... it is only after the urgency of the moment passes that i get visits by turtle and lastly...only in dreams do i meet cave bear

"they" compose my Trinity
edit on 28-5-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Lots of Cherokee here! My children are 1/16th if that counts....

My Main Totem Animals are Owl and Hawk, the seers of the Day and Night.

Whenever I am on the right path of something, I either see one of them flying over my house, or hear them in the woods......Its like a confirmation, then of course, I offer thanks to the great spirit for answering me....

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Well, what I found with mine was that it was one main animal guide, and then almost like lesser guides.
Those things under it that it watches come and go from the woods.
At least that is what it appeared to be in my dreams.

I don't know though, the connection with raven spills out into a lot of things just about me in general spiritually.
Everything from liking bright shiny objects to wearing black although I try not to...lol it just seems I am drawn that way. Right down to messages to and from this world into next.
Like I said.
A very strong connection.

I would love to say I understand it, but I don't.
edit on 28-5-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

The Goddess Morrigan relates to Raven..
The Guardhouse

I would also look up Raven Medicine and Raven Totem meanings....It represents Magick in many aspects, yet is also the messenger ....

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a lion and a spider

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise

The Goddess Morrigan relates to Raven..
The Guardhouse

I would also look up Raven Medicine and Raven Totem meanings....It represents Magick in many aspects, yet is also the messenger ....

This is what I mean, it fits me in to many ways to explain without sounding like a total nut case.
Everything from magick to messenger, trickster, creator...even childhood trauma.

Every definition of raven fits in some way.

As it should I guess as that is my guide.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I don't know mine
maybe if I recalled dreams it would help
wouldn't you see the animal more in meditation/dream state vs waking hours

I mean I see ravens at least every other day in my yard, but I don't think it's my spirit guide. Maybe I should feed them.

Something for me to look into anyway.

And I'm 1/2 Asian - but I look so weird people ask me if I'm Greek, Italian, Spanish, Native American, Puerto Rican, and pretty much any other culture because I look that different.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by obnoxiouschick
I don't know mine
maybe if I recalled dreams it would help
wouldn't you see the animal more in meditation/dream state vs waking hours

I mean I see ravens at least every other day in my yard, but I don't think it's my spirit guide. Maybe I should feed them.

Something for me to look into anyway.

And I'm 1/2 Asian - but I look so weird people ask me if I'm Greek, Italian, Spanish, Native American, Puerto Rican, and pretty much any other culture because I look that different.

For me, as far as the animal guide goes, I can close my eyes and feel it now. I have had this strange vision the last 4 months regarding my animal guide. It has become a part of my soul or was already there until I unleashed it within myself so to speak. Now I close my eyes and I see an old dying dragon, and rising from it's body is an electric raven. Like the dragon in me died and the raven was set free, very strange.

You strike me as a feline, which also fits with being a tiger in Chinese astrology.
But that is just an impression, really I guess you would have to do some serious soul searching/research in order to find what you think your guide is, then follow until you REALLY find out what your guide is. I imagine if it is not what you begin to think it is, it will let you know. Mine did, I always thought wolf as I could relate to it.
Or maybe it just is not that important, and you won't ever know/need one.
I don't know how that works.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I am 100% native British and my spirit guide is a jack russell

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
I think mine may be Sparrow. Not because of what it says about the sparrow totem, but because I had seen a "shadow sparrow" in the edge of my vision a few times - those of you that know about shamanism will know what I'm talking about. This link may confirm it, as I am an Aphrodite devotee - was surprised to read that a moment ago when I looked it up.

Sparrow Totem
edit on 28-5-2012 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

Well then here is a link for you:
suite101.com...

~Aphrodite~

Just looked out into my garden and saw a pair of sparrows in the fountain.
edit on 28-5-2012 by MsAphrodite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

Thank you for the meaning of the horse. It certainly makes sense, in my current situation.

I dreamed I was a Native American riding a white horse around the chief's tent with a group of others. We were all going out to hunt. The horse and I were as one..

In this lifetime I have big problems concerning allowing myself to be me. Interesting, indeed.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Owl is my animal totem - has appeared to me after a sweat lodge (I had fasted) very clear, but just there sitting on nothing no message offered.

While in Greece on the way back to my camper in the dead of night, I stopped under a huge old tree to urinate. I heard and saw nothing but was struck on the left front side of my head. I staggered back a few steps touched my head to find it bleeding. I had no idea what had happened but assumed someone must be up the tree who had hit me with a baseball bat. I walked around the tree looking up trying to find the culprit, I noticed a darker ball in the blackness getting bigger fast, I ducked my head but was hit on the right front of my head.
I retreated back to the camper, warned my girl friend that I was fine, she looked at my wounds to find talon marks perfectly aligned on both sides of my head.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Peter Brake

Do you have scars from this?

Strange!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

Thank you for pointing people to respected animals!

I'm lazy...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

No scars - but feel that I was marked. Head ached for days following. Had several other connections with owl and visited this one with some friends the next day. (they thought I was lying with my iodine patterned head) I followed a big railway worker into the area (me carrying a stick) and I saw this owl with its wings wrapped up under it's body travelling at real speed towards my friend - I yelled at him to get his head down the owl shredded his denim jacket but he was unhurt.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Peter Brake

wow, hope all other owl encounters are not so rough!

I remember watching one fly right into my window once. Almost in slow motion, hit the window, fell and then flew away I think, was gone when i ran outside. But it was eerie....like time slowed down as I watched.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The brown bear guides me. It found me one day when I was meditating listening to drumming. I let myself seek a place that was calming to me. I ended up in a little visited, by other people, patch of woods along a narrow creek where I used to spend a lot of time when I was a child and wanted to get away from everything and everyone. It was while I was in this special place while I was meditating that a large brown bear walked over to me on all fours and then stood up on its hind legs and, I can only explain this next as not so much a physical action, but a spiritual action.......it smiled at me and then sat down in front of me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join