It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit Animal Guides Mine is Raven, what is yours?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Quyll

If I am not mistaken,
Owl is also a sign of spirit.
A messenger, much like raven.
And tied to mystic arts.

As is butterfly which carries the presence of the creator.

All three are messengers.
edit on 28-5-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

I wish I could double star you for that one!

*adds extra star here "*" *
edit on 28-5-2012 by Darkblade71 because: speaking typonese rl distractions

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by Quyll

If I am not mistaken,
Owl is also a sign of spirit.
A messenger, much like raven.
And tied to mystic arts.

As is butterfly which carries the presence of the creator.

All three are messengers.
edit on 28-5-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

It should be clear that the owl was honored as the keeper of spirits who had passed from one plane to another. Often myth indicates the owl accompanying a spirit to the underworld - winging it's newly freed soul from the physical world into the realm of spirit.

A quick-list of owl symbolic meanings:

Wisdom
Mystery
Transition
Mysticism
Protection
Secrets

Native Americans associated the meaning of owl with wisdom, foresight, and keeper of sacred knowledge. This may largely be due to the fact that the owl is a great foreteller of weather conditions. Also its ability to see at night is legend among the Native Americans, and this attribute would be invoked during ceremonies when an oracle of secret knowledge was required.

link   
I'm part of a bear clan and I've known it since I was a kid. My father (unknown to me until much later) used to have dreams about being a brown bear running happily through the woods. When I was a kid I used to have dreams about being a polar bear wandering around and having adventures, some of them really amusing (one time I dreamed I was adopted as a college football team mascot and I got to run out onto the field at halftime and the crowd cheered). These dreams were very vivid and I could truly feel what it was like to be a real bear- the fur, the walk, the feel of my paws and claws. Very vivid, and I was having these dreams when I was about six or seven years old.

My sister also had bear dreams, only she wasn't actually a bear in the dream. Her dreams usually involved seeing a benign and friendly bear watching her through her bedroom window.

Interestingly, just the other day, my mother told me she'd had a dream about me. In the dream I had a very cute little bear cub as a pet. Although she knows about the other bear dreams in the family, she doesn't think about that sort of thing much, so the bear cub dream was spontaneous.

link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

As soon as a read this I had the impression of a squirrel. . .lol

Cheers,

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Peter Brake

Thanks for the extra info!

Owl is highly respected, as all spirit animals are, but in my minds eye, owls are special.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I'm not sure what my animal spirit is to be exact. is there an animal that can change its appearance or its size?
ive had a male lion protect me, and i feel safe with a cat in my room while i sleep, and i have had my deceased red border-collie visit a few times.

so does that mean mine is a lion? or can it be a pet that had passed on?

next time i meditate i will ask.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Perhaps you are Raven too:

Because of ravens ability to make a variety of sounds and high pitched vibrations are known to alter consciousness, the raven is sometimes credited with the ability to transform, move into other dimensions or to shape shift. We may expect frequent changes if the raven is perched on your shoulder.

Raven Medicine

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Sparrow hawk.

Glad you braced yourself and shared an intimate detail of yourself to others as ive just done toward's yourself.

Thats the point of it all!

edit on 28-5-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I think mine might be the sloth, because it's taking me a long-ass time to get anywhere in this life.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Mine is a grey cat with a white tummy.
It makes me feel cute :3

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
My spirit guide is a red tail hawk. I'm interested in learning more about spirit guides. I use to dream about my grandfather for years after he passed away. I would only deam of him when big changes were on the horizon in my life. It was like he was letting know that what I was about to experience would very hard, but that I would survive.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
i always thought i was a wolf or dog, but i went to a legit psychic and he said i had a swan and a doe.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa
how come its always something corny like a wolf or a hawk?
the only person i beleived is the guy with the dung beatle.

Exactly. Everyone's 'spirit animal' is always something like a hawk, wolf, tiger, etc. Almost always something predatory. Because, you know, a spirit animal has to be something cool that eats other animals.

I'm definitely more inclined to believe those that have listed their spirit animal as something like a dung beetle or sparrow. With all the thousands of animal species on the planet and millions of insect species, I find it hard to believe that everyone's is a freaking wolf.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Oh, and something else that drives me nuts. An eagle, or lion, etc. is not a symbol of bravery, as I've come across many times. A symbol of bravery is something like a sparrow or wolverine; something that can drive off creatures many times their own size. An apex predator does not symbolize bravery.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Mine is Willywag-tail, hence my name...
I don't know about guide but it's more like my messenger spirit or something.

If you see one and say Hi it will let me know!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by irontoad30

It just is what it is.

It really doesn't matter what it is, as long as it is a connection to something higher/nature.
I realize not everyone gets these things, mainly because they are to caught up in what is going on outside themselves, and that's fine.If it is not a part of your experience, then it just isn't.
For the longest time mine was a porcupine.
Raven came along after I centered myself and began closing personal wounds. Perhaps was with me as I did the things I did to heal, but as weird and "fantastic" as it sounds, it seems very natural to me.
I accept it for what it is and work with it.
It isn't like some Disney movie with birds landing on me, just a deeper feel/undertow/connection of an aspect of life, and for me personally, death.
As I questioned at the beginning, perhaps it is genetic memory.
But whatever it is, it is there.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

The willie wagtail hops into your life to remind you to be cheerful! Much nourishment can come from taking the time to present yourself as cheerful and gregarious to others, even if you're not particularly feeling either. Willie wagtail also comforts with the knowledge that when you reach out to others with cheerfulness, others will often reach out with the same warmth and a smile.
reply to post by wagtail

www.wildspeak.com...

I like that one!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CharonIncarnate

I had doe for a little while, that was one of the animals Raven showed me in my dreams, a doe coming into the clearing. I was an at home dad at the time.

Deer's medicine includes gentleness in word, thought and touch. The ability to listen, grace and appreciation for the beauty of balance. Understanding of what's necessary for survival, power of gratitude and giving, ability to sacrifice for the higher good, connection to the woodland goddess, alternative paths to a goal

Deer,Power Animal

It was actually one of the first animals I looked up and understood the connection to at the time.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
mine is a snake, but i think the snake has done his work because i haven't seen him/her in a while.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join