It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An apology to the masons.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
"An occult school can only be founded by an initiate of one of the great traditions. It will be recalled
that Paracelsus travelled in the Near East before he received occult power; it will also be remembered
that Mme Blavatsky penetrated into Tibet before she was able to establish an esoteric school. The
reason that the Lesser Mysteries of Europe use the terminology of the building trade is that the
necessary contacts for the degrees were found in the debased rituals that the mediaeval building guilds
performed ‘for luck’ when laying foundation stones. These rituals dated back to the times when temples
of the Mysteries were designed as great symbols and systems of correspondences, and the men who
did the work had therefore to be initiated into certain lower degrees in order that they might adequately
perform their tasks. Only initiate workmen could be allowed to build these symbolic temples, just as
only initiate caretakers can look after Masonic temples, and so an elementary knowledge of the
Mysteries was as much a part of the training of the better type of builder as an elementary knowledge of
mechanics." Dion Fortune "Esoteric Orders and their Work"

You guys are correct in what you say about your craft being harmless because I honestly think you believe it and I apologize for calling everyone liars when it's probable that you guys are given only enough occult knowledge to get your feet wet. I'm sure most people don't care to read or understand the mysteries so no one brings them "above" masonry.
edit on 27-5-2012 by protocolsoflove because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2012 by protocolsoflove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

edit on 27-5-2012 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

anyone can be a brick layer or a mud pie masher
edit on 27-5-2012 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by protocolsoflove

It is good that you are awake as i have it on authority that it is the other way round and the big awakening will be people shunning charlatans . how about them apples people , at least you did your research and found the truth for yourself. Good for you as alot of people still follow these charlatans leading them astray from the truth.
I used to be a conspiracist nut who would get angry if they did not see things the way i saw them.
I would eventually have this big awakening ahead as i started to notice that when the charlatans word things they start with and they new about this the government putting the suggestion in your head that what they saying is real that is how they catch people in their snare, i fell for it big time. Then i met someone who showed me the truths with facts and showed me how they do it these charlatans.He is one and cannot name him , lets just say he got a nasty bump or six.. I was shocked how he managed to convince people by bending and twisting and adding things to make people follow him. He has talked with hoagland von danniked and icke and he says that they are clever liars in their time but icke is more of a sheep like us who convinces himself it is all true.Now i know the truth i am going to spread the word. I am glad i woke up from being controlloed by these charlatans and angry at them for me falling out with people who showed me the facts.But if you are in sheep mode you will not listen to the truth as they have been doing the controlling for years. The person who i knew told me they have been doing it since the sixties and that they all know each other . What i said your kidding, he said i most certainly am not, he said notice how some of them squabble over scraps of lies..
He said it is easy to do all you do is feed someones imagination with fantasy aliens etc then mention the government who everyone hates and he milks it.. I feel cheated and hopefully these good people will wake up as some are begging to sound extreamly paranoid and stupid and so wrong they are calling the people with the facts sheeple. WTF . I will get them charlatans on their knees in a tight spot untill they admit to the public that they have been lying .. Most have been debunked anyway lol ooh the followers from the seventies with uncle richie hoagland what a fraud he fooled alot of people and got debunked along with von danniken another liar .
Wake up people what is wrong with some of you... please..

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Agree with the topic.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by protocolsoflove
You guys are correct in what you say about your craft being harmless because I honestly think you believe it and I apologize for calling everyone liars when it's probable that you guys are given only enough occult knowledge to get your feet wet.

You 'apology' sounds more like you are saying you are sorry that we do not know either what you know or what you feel we should know.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Wow that's a weird way to apologize lmao. sorry not accepted.
2nd line

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Somehow I don't feel apologized to. I feel more patronized than anything.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
Somehow I don't feel apologized to. I feel more patronized than anything.

It's true though. Look at the thread topic of "inner" and "outer" masonry. There is no inner and outer, there are just members who have been elevated from the lodge.

This is not a very flattering quote for the masons so I probably wouldn't feel to happy about it either.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
An observation: If FreeMasonry is not a a Secret Society then why is this thread in the Secret Societies forum?
It's possible you picked this forum simply because you think that FreeMasonry is a secret society.. in that case why apologize to a group which you believe obviously has something to hide?

Also, since there are a lot of Masons here, likely including staff, why hasn't this thread been moved to another forum? Unless they themselves agree, FreeMasonry is a Secret Society which by it's very nature is abhorrent as specified by John F. Kennedy - and yes, I see his as a credible voice on the matter - as he was killed for it.

The very word 'secrecy' is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings. - John F. Kennedy

Things that make you go hmmmmm

edit: interesting. I just saw the disclaimer at the top of the page linked to Skeptics post in another thread covering rules about posting here.

I don't think I've said anything here that should be considered "derailment" of this thread.

The OP made a comment as to FreeMasonry being "harmless" but I find that to be worth disputing if in fact FreeMasonry is considered a Secret Society, which seems to be the case as this is where the discussion is taking place.

edit on 27-5-2012 by HIWATT because: edit to add

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT

An observation: If FreeMasonry is not a a Secret Society then why is this thread in the Secret Societies forum?
It's possible you picked this forum simply because you think that FreeMasonry is a secret society.. in that case why apologize to a group which you believe obviously has something to hide?

Also, since there are a lot of Masons here, likely including staff, why hasn't this thread been moved to another forum? Unless they themselves agree, FreeMasonry is a Secret Society which by it's very nature is abhorrent as specified by John F. Kennedy - and yes, I see his as a credible voice on the matter - as he was killed for it.

The very word 'secrecy' is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings. - John F. Kennedy

I think you are misreading what I've typed if you are saying that I am refuting the fact that it is a secret society. It is the holding lobby if you will for the mysteries.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Unless they themselves agree, FreeMasonry is a Secret Society which by it's very nature is abhorrent as specified by John F. Kennedy - and yes, I see his as a credible voice on the matter - as he was killed for it.

Thanks for playing. Kennedy's Speech, entitled The President and the Press, was calling for more secrecy, from, guess who? The Press. And if he was killed for it they sure waited long enough since he gave this speech in 1961.

Also, he himself was a member of a Secrect Society.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

And I also agree that the death of JFK was performed by people in the know on occult topics. Dealey Plaza is an occult landmark complete with an obelisk and major ley line.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

The penis of Osiris (complete with the "illuminati torch") presided over the killing of JFK.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I think you are misreading what I've typed if you are saying that I am refuting the fact that it is a secret society. It is the holding lobby if you will for the mysteries.

I just found it odd that you were being apologetic to a society which you obviously believe is secret, as no such society has proven in history to have good intentions.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I just found it odd that you were being apologetic to a society which you obviously believe is secret, as no such society has proven in history to have good intentions.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
A traveling man will never travel alone and will always travel east in search of further enlightenment. The United States, the great country that it is or was, in its origins, had been molded into the light of the world from the rubble of rebellion largely in part to men that just so happen to be Freemasons. That proud feeling you once felt when you see the American flag flying high in the air derives from the sacrifices of our founding fathers and their having the courage to build a new world from nothing, centered on morals and freedom of man. If these liberties you still enjoy (for the most part) are offensive, then I can see how Masonry may seem offensive to an un-enlightened soul. You might as well, blame Christ for trying to take over Christmas.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

This isn't a game for me. Just making an observation on something I found curious (this thread)

The circumstances surround JFK's death and who/what he may have been involved with were not my point.

Assume I took that quote literally out of your context.

Secrecy is abhorrent to open and free people.

I am open and free.

And now I have to go to work.

That's all I really had to say about this.

edit on 27-5-2012 by HIWATT because: spelling

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by protocolsoflove

People.....

He laid on a real thick layer of sarcasm.

How could you all not pick up on it ?

It's right in front of your to re-read over and over again.

He basically is saying he feels sorry for the Mason's who think there is no secrets, or the Mason's who themselves think they know all the secrets.

He is basically calling out Mason's telling them that 99% of them don't know anything more than we know, they just pretend to know a little bit.

Am I the only one who figured this out ?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

There is no assumption, you took the quote completely out of context. Try reading the entire speech next time.

You also did not address the point that he was in a 'secret society' so why would he have been vilifying them.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

There is no assumption, you took the quote completely out of context. Try reading the entire speech next time.

You also did not address the point that he was in a 'secret society' so why would he have been vilifying them.

"The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and to secret proceedings. We decided long ago that the dangers of excessive and unwarranted concealment of pertinent facts far outweighed the dangers which are cited to justify it. Even today, there is little value in opposing the threat of a closed society by imitating its arbitrary restrictions. Even today, there is little value in insuring the survival of our nation if our traditions do not survive with it. And there is very grave danger that an announced need for increased security will be seized upon by those anxious to expand its meaning to the very limits of official censorship and concealment. That I do not intend to permit to the extent that it is in my control. And no official of my Administration, whether his rank is high or low, civilian or military, should interpret my words here tonight as an excuse to censor the news, to stifle dissent, to cover up our mistakes or to withhold from the press and the public the facts they deserve to know."

Tell me how that should mean "more secrecy for the press"? This was a very brave speech for JFK and it is in very clear english.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join