It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oakland City Council Cowers In The Face Of Brutal Truth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Show me where she says NEW black panthers, thats right she doesnt. You heard what you wanted, funnily enough thats what ignorant, close minded people usually hear.

They instituted a variety of community social programs designed to alleviate poverty, improve health among inner city black communities, and soften the Party's public image.

Sounds like something I'd be for if i lived under that kind of oppression.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

I guess you've decided to not read the very clear difference.
That's your choice to remain ignorant, I'll leave you to it. It's not what the thread's about anyway.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by InspirationEverywhere

I think you replied to the wrong person lol.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

It's not what the thread's about anyway.

True, its about this girls passion for freedom, she inspired the same kind of feelings I got watching that marine in New York obliterate the thugs in uniform oppressing protesters.
Just as then I feel grateful to have heard her words.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I think you replied to the wrong person lol.

Sorry bout that, love your avatar by the way.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by InspirationEverywhere

Thanks and I feel the same way, she was incredibly powerful. It's anyone's loss that can't get past the profanity. I would vote for her if I lived in Oakland.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

You mean that same new group i quoted in the other guys post.. I bet her version of liberty and freedom is for a few not all..

considering that I know her personally and she is a good friend of mine, no that's not her version. that's the version you are trying to associate with her. gotta love how you are focusing on just her mention of the panthers as if it's anywhere close to the actual topic

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzraelBane

You mean that same new group i quoted in the other guys post.. I bet her version of liberty and freedom is for a few not all..

considering that I know her personally and she is a good friend of mine, no that's not her version. that's the version you are trying to associate with her. gotta love how you are focusing on just her mention of the panthers as if it's anywhere close to the actual topic

See this is funny, what if I want to some town hall thing where I was up there saying white pants, white underwear, white klan white power, then start bitching about things that are wrong.. See this is the thing.. I might have maybe good intentions on what i am trying to say but I associated myself with this group that is known to have said some bad things and done some bad things.. This brings the light back onto me on what I am saying.. How the hell can I be calling for freedom for all when people in my said group just said they wanted to kill black people for being in some other land or calling someone and uncle tom because they were friends with a white people... This bunch of crap I just posted is the same thing I see..

I can not see someone who is known to be affiliated with a group who does not like someone else.. How the hell can you tell me that I want everyone to be free when even this person group wants one race dead? I just do not get it... YOU need to tell her find a new group to hang out with because these people really do not share her ideas if she wants everyone to be free and they want someone to be dead because of the color of thier skin.. I really dont understand your logic in all of this..

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

See this is funny, what if I want to some town hall thing where I was up there saying white pants, white underwear, white klan white power, then start bitching about things that are wrong.. See this is the thing.. I might have maybe good intentions on what i am trying to say but I associated myself with this group that is known to have said some bad things and done some bad things.. This brings the light back onto me on what I am saying.. How the hell can I be calling for freedom for all when people in my said group just said they wanted to kill black people for being in some other land or calling someone and uncle tom because they were friends with a white people... This bunch of crap I just posted is the same thing I see..

I can not see someone who is known to be affiliated with a group who does not like someone else.. How the hell can you tell me that I want everyone to be free when even this person group wants one race dead? I just do not get it... YOU need to tell her find a new group to hang out with because these people really do not share her ideas if she wants everyone to be free and they want someone to be dead because of the color of thier skin.. I really dont understand your logic in all of this..

first, if you walked into anywhere saying anything about white anything my guess is you would be laughed at immediately as you already stated you are native american
, secondly since you want to make this about her opening statement and not about the real issue at hand lets explore it for a second so I can shut this absurd tangent down once and for all
1."I'm an Oaklander" stating that she is from Oakland "I'm a Raider an Oakland Raider" that is our football team and if you need proof of how much she loves the Raiders go to any Raiders game in Oakland she isn't hard to find.
"I wear black" this statement has a dual meaning as is confirmed by her next statement the first meaning is that it's the teams color and what most of Oakland wears on a daily basis.
the second meaning is that when she says she wears black, and its easy to tell by the emphasis she puts on it, and immediately refers to black power and the panthers afterward it is referring to her having to live the struggle of being black in a place where almost all of the police are motivated by hate for black people because fact is it's just as bad now as it was in the 40's. it's like someone who says they wear their heart on their sleeve, do you look at their arm for a beating heart or do you use common sense to understand what they are saying and get the reference?
also this "kill whitey" supposed mindset of the entire panther party lasted the staggering expanse of 1967 to...wait for it.....1967
how about that? just around the time of their biggest surge in membership and even as stated by them they were having a lot of difficulty getting everyone to follow one ideology after Huey Newton was locked up. now back to the actual point here the panthers dissolved in 1982 so unless she has a time machine I don't know about her reference to them in the first place is only that they were known for taking a stand against police and the establishment and so is she. the ideology you have been describing, as someone already brought up, refers to the "new black panther party" to which she isn't associated with. lastly how dare you presume to tell me that I need to tell her anything, if you watched at least a minute of that video you'd know she is more than capable of speaking her own mind and making her own decisions. to that end she needs no suggestions from me to tell her what she should be doing, considering she is bringing about change here i'd say what she is doing and saying is working just fine. anyone with a brain will see what she's getting at so try again kiddo, if you like I can direct her here and YOU can try and tell her anything you feel like and we can all sit back and watch as she decimates you worse than the council for trying to imply what you have been while she has been fighting for solidarity among all citizens

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

also this "kill whitey" supposed mindset of the entire panther party lasted the staggering expanse of 1967 to...wait for it.....1967
how about that? just around the time of their biggest surge in membership and even as stated by them they were having a lot of difficulty getting everyone to follow one ideology after Huey Newton was locked up. now back to the actual point here the panthers dissolved in 1982 so unless she has a time machine

Ok so this new black panther stuff us all about eqaulity.. Aight.. Lets take a recent news clipping on ATS that i seen a few days ago..

New Black Panther Field Marshal: Whites ‘Should be Thankful We’re Not Hanging Crackers By Nooses…Yet, Yet, Yet’

According to National Field Marshal for the New Black Panthers King Samir Shabazz:

•“I love white-on white-crime, because that is the best crime.”
•“I hate the g*d d**n white man, woman, and child, grandma, aunt, uncle, Pappa Billy Bob, and whoever else.”
•“You should be thankful we’re not running around here hanging crackers by nooses and all that kind of stuff — yet, yet, yet”
•He has a “*** dream about killing the g*******m cracker.”
•“We don’t allow faggots and lesbians” in the New Black Panther Army
•Envisions a world where every black person is “ready to bang on this cracker”
•Wants to take over neighborhoods “block by block” so “crackers…or even the developer” would be scared to come into them
•“We’re taught to send this cracker to the cemetery… so kiss ‘em goodbye”

The greatness of equality as long as your some race and not another eh?

Want to say this isnt racism?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

You're totally missing the fact the that she did not say "New Black Panther Party" She said "Black Panthers" which if you had bothered to read anything I linked or quoted to you, you would know are not one in the same. The Black Panthers have specifically said that that the NBPP is not a legitimate successor to their movement and have condemned them for their racist rhetoric.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I did read your post.. Those people got into trouble for fighting with people calling people Jews and talking about whites need to be exterminated in Africa..

What part of this am I missing?

Oh ya and a 10,000 dollar bounty on that dude Zimmerman head.. And voter intimidation in Philly..
edit on 5/27/2012 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

I also wanted to point out that this is the same group.. You link on wiki states this guy here..

In May 2007, Chairman Shabazz was invited by Black Youth Taking Action (BYTA)

The link above I linked..

According to National Field Marshal for the New Black Panthers King Samir Shabazz:

Its racism the group and everything i said.. Want race to be out of a question and someone to take you serious.. Leave race issues out of it.. we are all the same people.

I am done here I have proven my case that this group and this girl is a racist... Probably and if she isn't she needs to find a new line of friends...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Now you're just clearly trolling, The Black Panthers did not put a bounty on Zimmermans head, The New Black Panther Party did.

Obvious troll is obvious.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

Now you're just clearly trolling, The Black Panthers did not put a bounty on Zimmermans head, The New Black Panther Party did.

Obvious troll is obvious.

I am reading your links, will you read your own links.. I stated in your link on wiki that guy was stated saying he hates whites, and then on your wiki he is seen not being able to go into canda.. I am not sure how hard this is to see but whatever I am finished... and as I said Race is pointless unless you have a better way of living someone else other than earth which we do not as far as we all know.. So people need to stfu about race and deal with everyone on this planet...

I am finished..

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Yes, you keep citing things that the New Black Panther Party has said and done. The woman in the video says Black Panthers...

They are two different groups...

The Black Panthers even sued the New Black Panther Party to get them to change their name, but they lost.

How hard is this to comprehend? I think you do comprehend and are just trolling, because the difference couldn't be clearer.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Ok so this new black panther stuff us all about eqaulity.. Aight.. Lets take a recent news clipping on ATS that i seen a few days ago..

obviously you can't read so i'll quote my last post

the ideology you have been describing, as someone already brought up, refers to the "new black panther party" to which she isn't associated with. lastly how dare you presume to tell me that I need to tell her anything, if you watched at least a minute of that video you'd know she is more than capable of speaking her own mind and making her own decisions. to that end she needs no suggestions from me to tell her what she should be doing, considering she is bringing about change here i'd say what she is doing and saying is working just fine. anyone with a brain will see what she's getting at so try again kiddo, if you like I can direct her here and YOU can try and tell her anything you feel like and we can all sit back and watch as she decimates you worse than the council for trying to imply what you have been while she has been fighting for solidarity among all citizens

here's another quote for you

The New Black Panther Party (NBPP), whose formal name is the New Black Panther Party for Self-Defense, is a U.S.-based black political organization founded in Dallas, Texas in 1989. Despite its name, NBPP is not an official successor to the Black Panther Party.Members of the original Black Panther Party have insisted that the newer party is illegitimate and have firmly declared that "there is no new Black Panther Party".The Anti-Defamation League, the Southern Poverty Law Center, and the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights consider the New Black Panthers to be a hate group.

there is a very clear difference between the black panthers and the new black panther party the groups are completely separate and even the original group doesn't like them for sullying their name

like I said I can bring her here if you like

I would like to add, for someone who claims to be native american ,and if you actually are you should know this term, you have more of the tendencies of an apple, straight to your core. think about that, take a look in the mirror and deal with it

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
The original black panthers were founded to protect black people from the police brutality in OAKLAND at that time. So it actually makes sense that she said it, seeing as she probably has family that was part of the original movement.

She really could have delivered it better. Yelling, cussing, and bringing race up makes most people not take you seriously.

Kind of sad? Its raw emotion and for what ever reason people turn away from it. No matter the message, just because she is screaming and cursing. SO WHAT! She is very emotional but that does not mean she is wrong. How could you not fell that angry? She is the only one that had the balls to talk that way to city counsel. Maybe it will scare them and make them realize what they are dealing with. If more people talked to them like this they would not look at us like docile sheep.

If we do not have a = reaction to their actions then they will think we do not notice what they are doing. They will think we are sheep. If we have a = reaction to their actions then they would see us as being able to comprehend what they are doing.
edit on 27-5-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Don't like being "lied to" by the media?

Then don't watch it. Simple solution.

I bet this person never bothered to go out and vote, ever. But now claims to be upset about the situation.

I bet if this person DID vote, they voted for the same person that are their current representatives, after all, 95% of voters vote for the incumbent nearly every single time, despite Congress having a 9% approval rating and The Senate not faring much better.

You want to influence change? Run for office, go out and convince others to vote, work for a campaign for a candidate you believe in.

Police at Occupy Protests are generally responding in kind (although there are a few exceptions).

I appreciate this woman's passion for her cause, but it's a losing battle from the beginning.
edit on 27-5-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Not that simple anymore when they want to force you to watch them and shove their ads right in your face every chance they get.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I did read your post.. Those people got into trouble for fighting with people calling people Jews and talking about whites need to be exterminated in Africa..

What part of this am I missing?

Oh ya and a 10,000 dollar bounty on that dude Zimmerman head.. And voter intimidation in Philly..

I also wanted to point out that this is the same group.. You link on wiki states this guy here..

In May 2007, Chairman Shabazz was invited by Black Youth Taking Action (BYTA)

The link above I linked..

Its racism the group and everything i said.. Want race to be out of a question and someone to take you serious.. Leave race issues out of it.. we are all the same people.

I am done here I have proven my case that this group and this girl is a racist... Probably and if she isn't she needs to find a new line of friends...

Please dont feed the trolls. Its obvious this guy is trying to derail the thread. Playing the race card on this video is like Obama's entourage trying to convince the people that your a racist if you dont like the black candidate.

I am white and I LOVED what she had to say. Finally, some one who is not afraid to get a little dirty in a so called formal situation. "once you take down our shields all we have is the 2nd amendment"

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join