It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens Satans Counterfiets

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

Originally posted by Destr0yAllYuppies

Wow I didn't know the spelling gestapo was in town. So you call my theory retarded? Wow that's so christian of you. I"m glad I choose not to follow a religion were it's the norm to molest little boys...

How is me calling your theory retarded un-Christian? Because of my word of choice?
The definition of "retarded" is--- stupid, under developed, unintelligent.
Would you rather me have used those words?
How about ill-informed, unreasonable, asinine, obstinate, inanane, vacuous, foolish, fatuous, absurd, ludicrous, weak, puerile, ridiculous....would you prefer any of those?

It is my opinion that your theory is re-tar-ded. I'm not saying you are, but I am saying your "theory" is. Why should I be condemned for pointing out the fallacies of your theory?

Go back and read some of the lovely comments you've made in this thread, then start throwing rocks.
I pointed out your misspelling to bring attention to the fact that we are all flawed, including you, since you obviously think everyone else in this thread is an idiot besides yourself, simply because we don't believe the dinosaurs were blown to smithereens by space-suit wearing, nuclear warfaring aliens.

And what is up with your continual comments about molesting little boys?
NEWSFLASH: THE CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS HAD ISSUES WITH PRIESTS MOLESTING CHILDREN

Yeah, we get it. And?
How many people on this thread do you think molest children?
How many people on this thread do you think are Catholic?
How many people on this thread do you think are Catholic and condone the molestation of children?
How many people on this thread are priests?
How many people on this thread are priests who have molested children?

Catholic priests molesting children HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ALIENS!!!!!!!!!

Quit making baited jabs at people on this thread.

edit on 29-5-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

Welcome to my "friends list".

As they say: "2nd line"

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

The definition of "retarded" is--- stupid, under developed, unintelligent.
reply to post by stupid girl

I would've used all those words without being religious at all.

Second lineage.
edit on 29-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackManINC

Originally posted by randyvs

To this day, like most of the religious crowd, she thinks humans are the only living beings in the Universe, and that UFOs are non existing.
reply to post by autowrench

Auto you are absolute evidence that intelligence doesn't have to make sense. I just don't get you. Like you agree with ther existence of Nephilim. Confirm what the Bible says. only to turn right around completely and dog the, " religious crowd " for believing ? With sweeping statewments of obsurdity about most.

Lets hear your exact man made religion you have made for your own self to believe and please give a full description of every thing in the universe that you spoke into existence ? Uni-versally if you will.

edit on 29-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

What you see with most of the autowrench types, meaning most people on this forum is like a form of cognitive dissonance, especially when it comes to religion in relation to their belief in UFO's and "aliens". Yes I would like to see what his beliefs are myself, but it will surely only derail this thread even more off topic than it already has, lets not encourage the trolls.

This post talks about "cognitive dissonance" which I had never heard about until I came across the site I quote from below. It explains so much that goes on in the world. Before you can really get a solid grasp on reality, one really needs a good understanding of this.

WHY SMART PEOPLE OFTEN CAN'T SEE THE TRUTH

"A good stage hypnotist can take 100 people out to the middle of a redwood forest and convince 90 of them that there are no redwoods to be seen. As the result, 90 people won’t be able to see any redwoods at all. The other 10 who refuse to be hypnotized can still see the trees. The 90 people who are under mind control will think the 10 people who still see the redwoods are “crazy”, “insane” or “nutjobs” or “conspiracy theorists” not realizing or even being able to realize, it is they, themselves, the 90% people who are the deceived ones…...Sound familiar? How can this be?"

"Psychologists use the term Cognitive Dissonance to explain the brain’s inability to consider opposing evidence. Governments intentionally try to create this disorder in the population. That’s how they can get away with creating events like 9/11. If the population in general didn’t have Cognitive Dissonance, they could never stage events like this. Cognitive Dissonance is a form of government sponsored mind control." Source

"The model often starts with Unconscious Incompetence, which means you don’t know you need to know something. If you are here, you wouldn’t even be on this website trying to figure things out.

Hopefully, It then moves to Conscious Incompetence (you don’t know, but at least you know you should learn). If you’re on this site, you are probably in this or the next category. Then hopefully people will move to Conscious Competence. You have figured out what is true and spread the word. Only about 10% of the population ever get here.

The reason lies in the same practice as those used by Cults. The same “cult mentality” is used by the illuminati in the events of those like 9/11 to brainwash people with such magnitude, that they can no longer see the truth even when it’s right in front of them." The reason is because the human brain is based more on pattern matching than on logic. — Source

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Well when your representatives of God end up not doing a good job representing god, then that kind of says something about christianity as a whole. And what about islam? Plenty of christians and others demonize muslims on the count of a few extremists so I guess two wrongs don't make a right.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

My point was I was trying to say I can't kiss up to a religion that does next to nothing when dealing with child molesters. Christian Catholic is like He Man and Prince Adam. They're the same f'n thing. And obviously they must not care about child molesters since most of the priests got away with it instead of going to jail.

Case in point: You have your beliefs, I have mine. I just happen to think my belief is more logical than yours and that's that.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Destr0yAllYuppies

My point was I was trying to say I can't kiss up to a religion that does next to nothing when dealing with child molesters. Christian Catholic is like He Man and Prince Adam. They're the same f'n thing. And obviously they must not care about child molesters since most of the priests got away with it instead of going to jail.

No, their not the same fn thing, Turbo ! That would make it convienient for you, but it isn't even close to true.
I believe in Christ and try to follow him. I have nothing to do with the Catholic church or any of their ways. Seriously, you want to use that wide brush like so many others trry to do and you want to call that logical ?
I think you need to check yourrself.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destr0yAllYuppies
Christian Catholic is like He Man and Prince Adam. They're the same f'n thing.

more retardedness.

no they're not.

He-Man is way more mature than Prince Adam. Plus, He-Man has Battle Cat, who can totally whoop the snot out of Cringer any day of the week.

And Prince Adam wears pink. He-Man would NEVER wear pink.

Catholics are Christian, but not all Christians are Catholic.
edit on 31-5-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

hi lobot....please refuse to be a victim....tell jesus you believe and He will direct your future like a good teacher
REFUSE TO BE A VICTIM.

To place your faith in a book like the jewish/christian bible would be the same as becoming a victim. Not refusing to be one.
To see what evil looks like. Read the old testament and analyze what "God" does and says is OK.
Oh yea....He just oozes love and good will.
To believe is to become a true victim

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

more retardedness.

no they're not.

He-Man is way more mature than Prince Adam. Plus, He-Man has Battle Cat, who can totally whoop the snot out of Cringer any day of the week.

And Prince Adam wears pink. He-Man would NEVER wear pink.

Catholics are Christian, but not all Christians are Catholic

That's a good scientific analogy.

[Dwight Shrute]Question, why aren't all Christians 'Catholic'?[/Dwight Shrute]
edit on 1-6-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
Catholics are Christian, but not all Christians are Catholic

That's a good scientific analogy.

[Dwight Shrute]Question, why aren't all Christians 'Catholic'?[/Dwight Shrute]

the he-man one or the catholic one?

I grew up Catholic. Went to a Catholic school until junior high. Personally, I feel that although Catholicism does engage Christians in a reverential relationship with God, much of the doctrine is misguided and un-Biblical. There are devout Christians that have found the path to God through Catholicism, no doubt, however it is my opinion that that particular path dilutes the fullness of understanding that is actually available to us. I suppose I could liken it to going to the orchestra to hear a classical masterpiece, but spending most of your time watching and contemplating the movements of the maestro. You still hear the music, but your attention is on something else which only serves to impair your capability to fully immerse yourself in the experience and not walk away wanting.
Who is Dwight Shrute? Another alter ego?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Dwight Shrute is that guy on The Office with the huge forehead.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Page 12, and things have gotten WAY off topic...
2nd
3rd
edit on 1-6-2012 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

the he-man one or the catholic one?
The He-Man one, duh.

I grew up Catholic. Went to a Catholic school until junior high. Personally, I feel that although Catholicism does engage Christians in a reverential relationship with God, much of the doctrine is misguided and un-Biblical. There are devout Christians that have found the path to God through Catholicism, no doubt, however it is my opinion that that particular path dilutes the fullness of understanding that is actually available to us. I suppose I could liken it to going to the orchestra to hear a classical masterpiece, but spending most of your time watching and contemplating the movements of the maestro. You still hear the music, but your attention is on something else which only serves to impair your capability to fully immerse yourself in the experience and not walk away wanting.
I guess my point in asking "Why aren't all christians 'catholic'?' is that the believers of the biblical god are not on the same page. Why are there over 30,000 christian denominations? Why does this god not correct the ones that are wrong? Why would he allow those who believe in him and love him to continue in a way that isn't right or in agreement with what he taught? Why allow them to argue amongst themselves as to what is right? A house divided against itself can't stand.

Who is Dwight Shrute? Another alter ego?
Omg. So I take it you don't watch 'The Office'. Hmmm, and I thought you were cool. Apparently my cool-o-meter failed me when it indicated that you were within range of one who could be considered "cool".

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Why aren't all Christians Catholic ?

Why aren't all Catholics Christians?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Why aren't all Catholics Christians?
I responded to this in my previous post.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The video linked in your last post indicates that the RCC is coming under open Jewish control, but then some have said that the RCC has been under secret Jewish control for centuries.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I am going to answer these questions, but I am only doing so for the sole reason that you specifically asked them. And I know that you are truly seeking to resolve what seems like great contradictions to you.
Under normal circumstances, I choose not to discuss denominations, nor make a spectacle of my personal disagreements in regard to someone else's beliefs.

Originally posted by Hydroman
I guess my point in asking "Why aren't all christians 'catholic'?' is that the believers of the biblical god are not on the same page.

although not on the same page, we are in the same book, so to speak.
and don't bother giving me the gratuitous retort about various translations and versions, it's still taken from the same book.

Why are there over 30,000 christian denominations?

divide and conquer.
to successfully break up a superior power or government, the less superior power breaks it into smaller, more manageable pieces, and then takes control of those pieces one by one.
In order to do this, the conqueror must have inside-access.
And to maintain power and influence, it must continually work to keep those pieces from uniting since it's much easier to prevent them from linking together than to break them apart once aligned.

the most successful utilization of this strategy is to encourage dissent, ill-will & disagreement between the broken pieces.
however, this type of maneuvering requires a great understanding of the individuals who are being manipulated to take part in the feud.
the larger power will allow the inferior one to make unwise decisions in order to collapse itself. This is especially successful if the leaders of the inferior powers have inflated egos and delusions of grandeur.
the inferior power's demise is certain when said power is at the mercy of the superior power.
By its very nature, the creature cannot trump the creator.

Why does this god not correct the ones that are wrong?

the only ones who consider themselves Christian denominations that I believe are wrong, the ones who I believe their doctrine does more to lead people away from Christ and His Truth, are Jehova's Witnesses and Mormons.
the rest, in most cases, do possess tenets of Truth but they are mixed with falsehoods. most denominations were started because someone was unhappy with either the method or the message they were being taught. new denominations, as a general rule, were thus started through pride or necessity.

---if pride, then most likely someone took a Word or revelation or understanding that was meant solely for them, and solely for that particular moment in time of their spiritual growth. And instead of working through that Word/revelation/understanding to the next level of understanding, they decided to share it with everyone else as "divinely inspired" doctrine.
I believe this misguided tendency is inclusive of what is being referred to in 2 Cor 3:18, "And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit."
Some people just decide to jump off the train at the next stop, instead of continue riding it to the additional glories (inclusive of revelations, wisdom and understanding) in store for them, which are needed to complete their transformation.

---if necessity, then most likely a group of individuals went from one extreme of faith to the other in their attempt to free themselves from religious oppression. much like a pendulum swing.

Why would he allow those who believe in him and love him to continue in a way that isn't right or in agreement with what he taught?

free will.
Contrary to many people's erroneous perception, God is not a dictator. Yet they still b*tch about Him "not doing enough" or "breathing down their neck." He can't win for losing, in this regard.
God didn't come down to earth in a ray of sunshine and give me the Cliff's Notes on reality and His Truths. I had to roll up my sleeves and get my hands dirty, make mistakes, wonder if He was even there or even existed for that matter. He allowed me to believe falsehoods, something that is always a gamble because many people don't ever find their way back. I am speaking of the "Christ conciousness" and the New Age movement which is actually based on the very old Eastern mysticism religions.

Why allow them to argue amongst themselves as to what is right?

1. because we have free will and that is what we choose to do. still doesn't mean He condones it.
2. because most people would't listen anyway. people delude themselves by thinking it would make a difference if He just showed up here to tell us Himself.
since it didn't work the first 2 times, He had to come up with another approach. and I don't blame Him-- the definition of insanity is implementing an identical strategy over and over, expecting different results.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

divide and conquer.
to successfully break up a superior power or government, the less superior power breaks it into smaller, more manageable pieces, and then takes control of those pieces one by one.
In order to do this, the conqueror must have inside-access.
And to maintain power and influence, it must continually work to keep those pieces from uniting since it's much easier to prevent them from linking together than to break them apart once aligned.
Are you saying that Satan is the one who has divided Christianity into 30,000 denominations? If so, why didn't god's people recognize this, and why not recognize it now?

free will.
Contrary to many people's erroneous perception, God is not a dictator. Yet they still b*tch about Him "not doing enough" or "breathing down their neck." He can't win for losing, in this regard.
God didn't come down to earth in a ray of sunshine and give me the Cliff's Notes on reality and His Truths. I had to roll up my sleeves and get my hands dirty, make mistakes, wonder if He was even there or even existed for that matter. He allowed me to believe falsehoods, something that is always a gamble because many people don't ever find their way back. I am speaking of the "Christ conciousness" and the New Age movement which is actually based on the very old Eastern mysticism religions.
Why would it interfere with free will to teach people the correct way?

1. because we have free will and that is what we choose to do. still doesn't mean He condones it.
Yet, if he taught us what is right, we could be on the same page. If he were here and available to us, we could go to him and ask questions when something doesn't make sense. Christians don't have to argue amongst themselves, but their god allows it for some reason. You say it is because of free will, but teaching us what is right himself doesn't go against our free will.

2. because most people would't listen anyway. people delude themselves by thinking it would make a difference if He just showed up here to tell us Himself.
As opposed to him telling someone then that person telling us what he said? You honestly don't think that if a god showed up to each person and spoke with them, it would not make a difference? But what we have today are ancient writings written by man who supposedly spoke to a god. Do you think that is better than one on one communication?

since it didn't work the first 2 times, He had to come up with another approach.
The problem with how he did it before is that he "spoke" to ONE person, then that person relayed the information. We should all get to be spoken to by this god, not just one person who relays the info to everyone else. That is called "second hand information". We need to get the info from the source.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I feel tthe Mods about to bear down on us you guys. So try to form the Qs and Cs to aliens or demons.
so we can find our way back to the topic. Other than that everyone contributing here are really great people contributing some interesting posts to this thread so

Thank you again. Everyone.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join