It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney to reach 1,144 Delegates in Texas:

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
lol 1 flag, that says everything lol. face facts, if ron paul isnt winning, no one cares

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
The OP has done nothing but troll the 2012 election forum with his anti ron paul garbage since the day he signed up. This thread should be in the hoax bin. Why isn't he banned yet?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
OP clearly doesn't know how the process works. First of all, most of the delegates are yet to be decided, which means the only official numbers right now are found here: thereal2012delegatecount.com...

Secondly, even if Romney reaches 1144 delegates before the convention, it doesn't mean he automatically wins, because the voting at the convention is what determines the winner. And since all delegates are free to abstain from voting, this could prevent Romney from winning even if he had over 1144 delegates going into the convention.

Here's something OP should watch:
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
lol 1 flag, that says everything lol. face facts, if ron paul isnt winning, no one cares

So true. Their seems to be a huge disconnect between Paul and his followers. He is a politician and has political goals. Never did he think he was going to take the nomination. He has never had a large following and has been soundly rejected twice before. So his goals are promoting the Paul brand. Getting a speaking role at the convention and role for his son in the future of the party are what this has been all about. Now he is trying to reach his goal to speak and his followers are wrecking by stealing delegates and ticking off the people whom Paul has been courting. I would feel sorry for the guy but he created this monster to begin with. When you court a certain group of people outside the mainstream this is the price you pay.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

So true. Their seems to be a huge disconnect between Paul and his followers. He is a politician and has political goals. Never did he think he was going to take the nomination. He has never had a large following and has been soundly rejected twice before. So his goals are promoting the Paul brand. Getting a speaking role at the convention and role for his son in the future of the party are what this has been all about. Now he is trying to reach his goal to speak and his followers are wrecking by stealing delegates and ticking off the people whom Paul has been courting. I would feel sorry for the guy but he created this monster to begin with. When you court a certain group of people outside the mainstream this is the price you pay.

I'm not sure I can agree with this. Paul does have a very large following and I think Paul has always had every intention of winning the nomination by taking the delegates and his strategy is working. These delegates don't mean anything until the convention and Paul has taken alot away from Romney. I wouldn't count him out just yet. Don't listen to MSM lies.

I have one more thing to add. If Romney was so sure of himself, why not challenge Dr. Paul to a 1 on 1 debate and end it? Because he's afraid of Dr. Paul. Romney knows this is much closer than the paid off MSM will let on. Do not be fooled by the tricks and the shills that are paid to post on this site.
edit on 26-5-2012 by Jagermeister because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I already proved the green papers wrong in that thread. You can look and see that the numbers for the states that Paul has been proven to have won do not reflect the correct numbers.

You didn't prove anything wrong in that thread! You posted a link, outcast debunked it and laughed at it then gave you a list of people and who they voted for in Colorado. Then you ran away and hid! You never answered his questions, you just assumed you were right and assumed that you debunked it

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

so flags = facts??? Really?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

so flags = facts??? Really?

Your thread, including it's title, is a hoax, a lie even. Not only should this thread be thrown in the hoax bin, but your account should be banned for continuing to politically troll the members of this website as you've done since the day you signed up. You are a troll and or a shill. That is why you have 1 flag.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Because I tend to believe official sources before internet people and random blogs!

Thats going to lead to being incorrect alot. I remember studying WWI and how newspapers in the UK were made to lie to make it seem like we were winning and that conditions weren't so bad. Why stop lying if it's been done since the mass production of media?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swamper

Thats going to lead to being incorrect alot. I remember studying WWI and how newspapers in the UK were made to lie to make it seem like we were winning and that conditions weren't so bad. Why stop lying if it's been done since the mass production of media?

Why should I believe internet people and random blog posts? The lesser of two evils? I think we've been over that.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jagermeister

Your thread, including it's title, is a hoax, a lie even. Not only should this thread be thrown in the hoax bin, but your account should be banned for continuing to politically troll the members of this website as you've done since the day you signed up. You are a troll and or a shill. That is why you have 1 flag.

I don't know why you are so emotionally involved in this. If you say its wrong, then prove me wrong otherwise, saying my account should be banned is not much of a threat, in my book. I have been attacked in that manner more than once even off this thread. So come back later with some meat to your argument.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

I find it interesting and perplexing that the people who believe in the Constitution, Bills of Rights a Republic are considered a fringe crazy group in America. (You couldn't make this up).

My thoughts are that as Ron Paul's view gets a wider public voice, the mainstream will become Paulites or Constitutionalists, the message is just too powerful. Because at it's core his message resonates with our core view of humanity.

Curiously i think via ATS i was linked here www.theadvocates.org... has an interesting quiz, where the various political polarities were explained. Newish to me as i believed the 'Left' 'Right' political view thinking the 'Righter'
you are the less Govt you want etc, it seems graphically it's not a left right thing but a North, South, East , West
thing.

Many will discover, they are not the political cow they thought they were.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I don't know why you are so emotionally involved in this. If you say its wrong, then prove me wrong otherwise, saying my account should be banned is not much of a threat, in my book. I have been attacked in that manner more than once even off this thread. So come back later with some meat to your argument.

Your thread is a lie and it's been proven multiple times by multiple people within the hoax that is your thread. You want more meat to my post? How many threads have you created that either have Ron Paul in their title or description? In the past 2 minutes, I've counted 14 and then I got sick of counting. Who does that? Why are you so emotionally involved in this? You are a political troll or you are paid to post on this website. There is no other option. Either way, your account should be banned and the only reason that it's not, is because the mods aren't doing their damn job. Every other day there's a new thread about how bad Ron Paul is or how he can never win with you. Now you even lie to push your agenda and the mods won't move the hoax thread into the hoax bin.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Your thread is a lie and it's been proven multiple times by multiple people within the hoax that is your thread. You want more meat to my post? How many threads have you created that either have Ron Paul in their title or description? In the past 2 minutes, I've counted 14 and then I got sick of counting. Who does that? Why are you so emotionally involved in this? You are a political troll or you are paid to post on this website. There is no other option. Either way, your account should be banned and the only reason that it's not, is because the mods aren't doing their damn job. Every other day there's a new thread about how bad Ron Paul is or how he can never win with you. Now you even lie to push your agenda and the mods won't move the hoax thread into the hoax bin.

Well, this thread is not supposed to be about Ron Paul. It's supposed to be about Romney. You guys hijacked it complaining that my info is wrong when I have not heard a good response as to why it is wrong that I have already debunked! I cannot verify any info on the map. Since they have removed all the links to their data and the data I do find from them is only supported on Ron Paul forums.

The Michigan Link all but proves this fact. You can see in the comment section that the writer is a biased Ron Paul supporter. Then once someone questions his data, that man is yelled at by 20 or so other random Ron Paul supporters. It's blatantly obvious, and I have not come across any other sources but his own links to verify that source which the map uses. Very faulty data if you ask me.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Well, this thread is not supposed to be about Ron Paul. It's supposed to be about Romney. You guys hijacked it complaining that my info is wrong when I have not heard a good response as to why it is wrong that I have already debunked! I cannot verify any info on the map. Since they have removed all the links to their data and the data I do find from them is only supported on Ron Paul forums.

The Michigan Link all but proves this fact. You can see in the comment section that the writer is a biased Ron Paul supporter. Then once someone questions his data, that man is yelled at by 20 or so other random Ron Paul supporters. It's blatantly obvious, and I have not come across any other sources but his own links to verify that source which the map uses. Very faulty data if you ask me.

The delegates are counted at the convention. Even those bound to Romney can become unbound. If you want to have a fair discussion fine, if you want to state an opinion state it as an opinion, but don't twist the information to make it seem one way or the other. For the record, I don't support people that do the same with Paul. Romney can not clinch the nomination until Florida and neither can Paul. Your OP states otherwise, which is a lie, thus the thread should be moved to the hoax bin.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

The delegates are counted at the convention. Even those bound to Romney can become unbound. If you want to have a fair discussion fine, if you want to state an opinion state it as an opinion, but don't twist the information to make it seem one way or the other. For the record, I don't support people that do the same with Paul. Romney can not clinch the nomination until Florida and neither can Paul. Your OP states otherwise, which is a lie, thus the thread should be moved to the hoax bin.

So after three posts you are finally settling down. Good! Now, you are wrong about Romney. The bound delegates are bound to him that's why they are called bound! Each delegate is legally bound to who they vote for. And once Romney reaches the magic number of delegates that's all that is going to matter. All of the other unbound delegates can do whatever the heck they want. Because there is not enough remaining delegates to be bound to Ron Paul for him to beat Romney! I know this the MSM knows this and now so do you!
edit on 26-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

So after three posts you are finally settling down. Good! Now, you are wrong about Romney. The bound delegates are bound to him that's why they are called bound! Each delegate is legally bound to who they vote for. And once Romney reaches the magic number of delegates that's all that is going to matter. All of the other unbound delegates can do whatever the heck they want. Because there is not enough remaining delegates to be bound to Ron Paul for him to beat Romney! I know the MSM, knows and so do you!

And after the first round those bound delegates become unbound. Those delegates can choose not to vote. I never said it was easy to unbind the delegates, just that it's possible. Regardless, Romney cannot clinch the nomination until the convention.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

And after the first round those bound delegates become unbound. Those delegates can choose not to vote. I never said it was easy to unbind the delegates, just that it's possible. Regardless, Romney cannot clinch the nomination until the convention.

What do you mean after the first round? There is only going to be one round of voting!

This is what I mean, since you are using faulty data you think there is going to be a brokered convention. Romney is going to win all of the major delegates in Texas. If not then definitely on June 5. The only way for your scenario to become reality is if Romney didn't get to 1,144 delegates before the convention and according to the greenpapers, realclearpolitics, google, wikipedia, and any other independent source that is not some obscure blog with unverifiable information that scenario is 100% impossible!

Again, you only have second round voting in the case that there is a brokered convention and that will never happen!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

What do you mean after the first round? There is only going to be one round of voting!

This is what I mean, since you are using faulty data you think there is going to be a brokered convention. Romney is going to win all of the major delegates in Texas. If not then definitely on June 5. The only way for your scenario to become reality is if Romney didn't get to 1,144 delegates before the convention and according to the greenpapers, realclearpolitics, google, wikipedia, and any other independent source that is not some obscure blog with unverifiable information that scenario is 100% impossible!

Again, you only have second round voting in the case that there is a brokered convention and that will never happen!

As I said, I never stated that it was going to be easy did I? Simply that it was possible. Of course, when you stated in your OP about there being no "serious competition", that was also a lie. Paul can very easily run 3rd party and hand Obama a second term. I did not walk into this thread to argue this point, the only thing I came here to do was to point out that this thread is a hoax which, considering that Romney can not officially become the nominee until the convention, is true. Romney will not officially become the nominee in May as your OP states and going by this website's rules, that in itself should be enough to move this garbage into the hoax bin.
edit on 26-5-2012 by Jagermeister because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Romney has no serious competition left in the race. He has been solely focusing his attention on Obama. And in a recent speech Obama actually called Romney the candidate to beat. Those two are butting heads and Soon it will be official, with no chance of a brokered convention, like some were hoping for.

On May 29 Mitt Romney will become the official Republican Nominee for the President of the United States!

www.star-telegram.com...

I have been checking the Electoral Map at the USA Today. Texas is - RED -.

Go ahead and put North Carolina and Florida in the Romney column.

I currently see Romney with 263 electoral votes.

He needs 270 to win.

--------
There will be a tipping point June 5, 2012 when Scott Walker wins his recall

election in a landslide victory.

When the truth is revealed why he won, then the dominoes will begin to fall.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join